PDA

View Full Version : NFL on CBS

cj's dad
09-13-2009, 05:16 PM
I just finished watching the Chiefs/Ravens on CBS.

Major complaint: non-stop, during play, a scroll was constantly run across the bottom of the screen with scores and stats. I know that CBS is catering to "fantasy geek squad" but non-stop?? Gimme a break. I can't believe that even the fantasias were more interested in how their "team" players around the league were doing EVERY 5 minutes. With the "in game" line at the top of the screen - score-quarter-time left- down and yards etc.. having a scroll at the bottom was very annoying.

Watching FOX now and this bulls--t does not exist; only periodic updates as would be expected.

Marshall Bennett
09-13-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't like it either . If you do want the score of a team that interest you , you must wait forever as they ponder through all the individual stats of every team playing . Quite annoying .

Tom
09-13-2009, 05:54 PM
CBS coverage is horrible - their entire package sucks.
I pass all of their games.
Must be CBS is owned by TVG! :rolleyes::lol:

cj's dad
09-13-2009, 06:06 PM
The constant reminders about network shows is constant.

There must have been 10 re: "survivor" alone.

Tampa Russ
09-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Even my wife was annoyed by the CBS screen. She suggested we should have a button on the remote that would kill the scroll...I liked that idea.

Tom
09-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Could be worse......on NBC right now, Bathtub Boy KO is on for halftime. Should rename it half-wit.

rastajenk
09-14-2009, 09:57 AM
I will not watch Sunday night football because of Olbermann. One insignificant step for lower ratings, one giant leap for my conscience.

Bochall
09-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Right on dude. Fantasy has become an annoying pain in my ass. To me, it individualizes a TEAM game in the eyes of FF players. Take Big Ben and Hines Ward for instance: you've got to watch them play, not just check the stats and decide how good a player they are. All FF players can do is tell you how many TDs, yards, catches, etc someone had but what they can't tell you is who will win the game. LT puts up great numbers but IMO he's a prima donna bad teammate who sells out his colleagues in the media...Emmitt Smith is ten times the man LT is (and ten times the FOOTBALL player). Randy Moss and Andre Johnson are better RECEIVERS than Hines Ward, but he is the far better football player. Ever been in a sports bar or with friends who are playing FF? Every fu*%ing play they have to see how many points so n so got for that run, and then tell everyone that he's on their team (at least in this league-what about your 10 other teams and leagues you are in?)What if he's thrown for a loss on the next play? Wait til the end of the game for Chrissakes!

46zilzal
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
You actually watch a game with the commentary ON? Since good old Madden left the scene, why bother?

ddog
09-14-2009, 12:49 PM
I will not watch Sunday night football because of Olbermann. One insignificant step for lower ratings, one giant leap for my conscience.
:lol:

Tom
09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
You actually watch a game with the commentary ON? Since good old Madden left the scene, why bother?

"Here's a guy who gets dirty and likes to bleed. :lol: Gotta love Madden.

To me, Fantasy Football is a Bills game.:rolleyes:

mostpost
09-14-2009, 05:46 PM
As a lifelong Bears fan, I've been known to watch a game with the sound AND the picture off. :bang:

cj's dad
09-14-2009, 06:15 PM
As a lifelong Bears fan, I've been known to watch a game with the sound AND the picture off. :bang:

After yesterdays debacle, you would be well advised to maintain that course of action.

Quagmire
09-14-2009, 06:26 PM
If your TV is a newer model you might be able to adjust the aspect ratio and lose the scroll at the bottom. The only problem is you lose an equal amount of the picture at the top of the screen, but it seems like the top just continually shows the score of the game you are watching now any way so its not much of a loss.

dutchboy
09-14-2009, 07:46 PM
TiVo the game. If you just have the plays shown I think they say you can watch an entire game in something like 12 minutes.

Tom
09-14-2009, 09:48 PM

That's your microwave.

cj's dad
09-14-2009, 10:37 PM
That's your microwave.

Stop it Tom - I almost spit out my beer !!!

Tampa Russ
09-15-2009, 07:20 AM
[QUOTE=Tom

To me, Fantasy Football is a Bills game.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That was a tough loss...damn.