PDA

View Full Version : Tom Worth Tips

sligg
05-23-2003, 09:32 PM
Anyone familiar with Tom Worth Publishing: methods are based on their TIPS concept?

winplaceshow
05-25-2003, 12:24 PM
I have a number of their systems, including TIPS. IMO TIPS is a very solid philosophy; the one drawback for me is that it takes quite a while to handicap an entire racecard!

I also think highly of Show-A-Profit and the IBF Method.

Paul

LurkingBettor
05-25-2003, 01:47 PM
sligg & wps,

Does this guy have a website or other contact info?

Thanks,
LB

winplaceshow
05-26-2003, 10:24 AM
LB,

Here is the contact info. The company is now run by Jon Worth, Tom's son.

Tom Worth Publishing Co.
P.O. Box 7054
Warwick, RI 02887-7054

401-739-8856

Definitely one of the better handicapping outfits out there.

John
05-26-2003, 09:12 PM
Hi Paul,
I have studied POPS and TIPS for years. Because of the monster payoff that TOM Worth gave as examples.I also have his Show-a-profit with the latest attachment. Jon Worth's "The only one ii" is a good method if you have the patient to wait for the right plays. I believe that TIPS are a very good trainer intent.But, I could never find away to interweave angles like," fresh horse, owner/trainer,hidden workouts.wut++,etc." to make it pick winners.

Paul, if you know how I can put TIPS together so that they will point me to a few winners.I would appreciate it.Spending the time to find them will not bother me. I am retired now and read the racing form most of the day.

Paul, if you wish you can e-mail me at jrmartino@yahoo.com

winplaceshow
05-29-2003, 09:39 PM
rocajack,

As far as using TIPS, I stick to the method recommended by the Worths, namely just looking at the horse(s) with the most TIPS in the field. As you probably know, the more "horse" TIPS the better. Also, certain combinations of TIPS seem to point to more winners, or at least horses that have a better chance of hitting the board.

zieglerjw
05-30-2003, 12:21 AM
TIPS ANGLES? has anyone tried to (write/incorporate ) a software program that could use TSN or BRIS data files for these angles ??

John
05-30-2003, 09:10 AM
Zieg...

I have to disagree with Paul....The more tips I use the likely I am to end up with the favorite. Yes, Jon Worth sold a program and took it off the market....Jon, says ,had too mant bugs, I don't think it picked good price winners.

nagwa
02-18-2008, 01:22 PM
hi ..anyone still have any of the tips updates..kisk reports..thanks

lsosa54
02-18-2008, 10:28 PM
TIPS ANGLES? has anyone tried to (write/incorporate ) a software program that could use TSN or BRIS data files for these angles ??

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41614