PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico State Fair

pktruckdriver
09-12-2009, 03:17 PM
I was given free passess to the State Fair at the Downs in Albuqurque, this Sunday and was wondering if any PA'ers were going this Sunday.

It seems that Mine That Bird is here and breezed this morning , and I missed him, I never seen a Ky. Derby winner in person before, I heard he'll breeze again on Monday, God How I'd love to see him.

Please be advised this is not a get rich weekend as I guess I am so famous for, no this is just a relaxing day at the races ( races start 1:30 pm) and State Fair and Sunday is Hispanic Heritage Day, a few things here...

http://www.exponm.com/fair/entertainment/spectaculars.asp.

If you are going this Sunday and want to meet up , please PM or just answer the post.

Now I am not making this a day all about horse wagering , but if anyone has a live longshot, I would be able to do a 2.00 wp bet, so let me know if you have anything, otherwise I will enjoy a day at the Fair , a great way to get some excersise walking all over the place, just avoid the elaphant ears, lol...

Patrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc

WinterTriangle
09-13-2009, 02:21 AM
I heard it's very beuatiful out there, I may be taking a trip to NM thinking of moving to help my arthritis.

Lemme know your impressions of NM in general, alb, ruidoso, etc. shoot me a pm

trying2win
09-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Patrick,

Stu Slagle (a Pace Advantage member, under the moniker 'STU') was the racing secretary last year at Albuquerque. I don't know if he is this year though. You might send him a PM to see what his status is nowadays. Even if he's not the racing secretary at ALB anymore, with his connections at this track, he might be able to get you a nice tour of the racetrack with the executives he knows there.

T2W

stu
09-13-2009, 06:42 AM
I am now a placing/patrol judge at Laurel/Pimlico.

The state fair wears on the staff as most work 17 straight days if not longer during the fair.

The state fair traffic can be bad on the weekends -- always plan on turning 'right' into the fair. State police have barriers prevent left-hand turns into the fair.

Your best chance for a tour is with the clocker who lurks here and occassionally posts. If he is free for a tour, then he will PM you.

pktruckdriver
09-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I am now a placing/patrol judge at Laurel/Pimlico.

The state fair wears on the staff as most work 17 straight days if not longer during the fair.

The state fair traffic can be bad on the weekends -- always plan on turning 'right' into the fair. State police have barriers prevent left-hand turns into the fair.

Your best chance for a tour is with the clocker who lurks here and occassionally posts. If he is free for a tour, then he will PM you.

Thank You T2W and Stu

Patrick