PDA

View Full Version : BC offers to up Classic purse for Rachel

FenceBored
09-12-2009, 09:46 AM
From the "what part of 'I'm not attracted to you' don't you understand" files:

The BC board voted unanimously to raise the purse of the Classic by $1m if both Rachel and Zenyatta run in the race. Mr. Jackson declined, stating that Rachel is done for the year.

"While we respect that the race has not been under consideration by Rachel Alexandra's connections, we wanted to make sure that the Breeders' Cup did everything in its power to make the prospect of competing at Santa Anita in November as attractive as possible," said Greg Avioli, the organization's president, in a statement.-- http://www.drf.com/news/article/107218.html

rokitman
09-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Dumb idea. Expect other big name horses to hold out for purse increases now.

Tom
09-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Agree.
It cheapens the BC.
Not that could get any cheaper....unless they merge with the Claiming Crown.:rolleyes:

Java Gold@TFT
09-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Rachel and Jackson will be blamed for this but the truth is that Zenyatta would have to also show up to make it happen and until I see her butt in the gate I do believe she will be racing on Ladie's Day and not the day where every horse in the world is eligible.

Tom
09-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Rachael and Zenny - at Belmont a mile and a half.
Anything else is boring.

bisket
09-12-2009, 03:08 PM
i don't see zenyatta in the classic. the connections haven't been willing to stick their neck out in any manner to this point, and i don't see it happening on their horses last race. undefeated is their primary goal to the detrimant of their horses place in history.