View Full Version : Cheney and a couple of Marines

Secretariat
09-12-2009, 03:00 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/other-views/story/1227832.html

Great article.

Posted on Friday, 09.11.09
Fear was no excuse to condone torture
BY CHARLES C. KRULAK and JOSEPH P. HOAR

In the fear that followed the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Americans were told that defeating Al Qaeda would require us to ``take off the gloves.'' As a former commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps and a retired commander-in-chief of U.S. Central Command, we knew that was a recipe for disaster.

But we never imagined that we would feel duty-bound to publicly denounce a vice president of the United States, a man who has served our country for many years. In light of the irresponsible statements recently made by former Vice President Dick Cheney, however, we feel we must repudiate his dangerous ideas -- and his scare tactics.

....."

Charles C. Krulak was commandant of the Marine Corps from 1995 to 1999. Joseph P. Hoar was commander in chief of U.S. Central Command from 1991 to 1994."

delayjf
09-12-2009, 08:17 AM
They are entitled to their opinion, but as a Marine I can assure you they do not speak for all Marines - at least not any Marines I know.

It's surprising to me that men this intelligent can be so wrong about the facts - it is well documented that the intel gather did save US lives. But apparently Gen Krulak and Hoar and most on the left would rather pat themselves on the back for their "principles" then save the lives of Americans. Reading this article – its has all the left wing talking points. I wonder if someone is planning on running for office.

They also seem to forget that many Americans died at the hands of Al Qaeda long before Abu Ghraib and Gitmo.

JustRalph
09-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Guys like Sec don't get it.........

All of these guys worked for Cheney when he was defense Secretary and he ruled with an Iron Fist. It is just bullshit payback time. They mouth off because they hold old grudges.

The Marines I know.........like my friends in Afghanistan that I worry about every day, They like Cheney and Bush and hate Obama...........they have great fears as to what he is going to do next ............

prospector
09-12-2009, 10:27 AM
They are entitled to their opinion, but as a Marine I can assure you they do not speak for all Marines - at least not any Marines I know.

ditto this marine..i condone any means necessary to get info..i don't give a damn about their well being..try to kill me and mine and you give up all rights to life..
but then what do i know...i favor a tall tree and short rope to solve crime problems..

Tom
09-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Sec relies on the opinions of strangers way too much.
Sec, sorry to tell you this, but you are a joke around here these days.
Only one guy here buys your schtick, and that is all I have to say about that.
You come off like a grizzled old man, pouting over crap from 20 years ago.
Cheney wins, because he never even thinks about you, while you are STILL obsessing! :lol:

Secretariat
09-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Yes, Tom, we realize you and AWOL Limpballs know more than the guys below.

Charles C. Krulak was commandant of the Marine Corps from 1995 to 1999. Joseph P. Hoar was commander in chief of U.S. Central Command from 1991 to 1994."

As to 20 years ago? Uh, Tom, it was in the last administration.

Another General chimed in today with some interesting observations.

http://www.star-telegram.com/topstories/story/1604709.html

Retired general doesn’t like what he sees in today’s political climate
A retired Air National Guard general called Thursday with three worries.

"Something bad’s gone wrong in this country," said retired Brig. Gen. Tom Daniels, 62, of Fort Worth.

"Something’s wrong in Arlington. Something’s wrong in Austin. And something’s wrong in America."

He flew missions in Vietnam. In the Pentagon, he served proudly under President George H.W. Bush — "whom I loved," he added.

"Now our country chooses a black man as president — and suddenly, the governor is talking about secession? And Arlington is boycotting the president? They won’t even let children see him in school?"

Eight years removed from 9-11, Daniels feels a chill.

"Look how united we were!" he said in his booming command voice. "Now — look how we’ve squandered it!"

He didn’t even have to mention U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson:

"We’re hollering at each other now," Daniels said. "We hate each other."

And he sees that as dividing our heroes in uniform.

"I talk to military guys all over the world — white, black, brown," he said. "They’re asking, 'If it was unpatriotic to talk this way about the last president, isn’t this unpatriotic?’ They’re concerned. This is nothing but open, unabated racism. Nobody’s saying that."

I know what some of you are going to say. It’s political, not racial.

But I also can’t imagine people acting this way over, say, a President Harry Reid or even President Al Gore.

"All I know is, the black guy wins, and suddenly these nuts are out there on TV and radio preaching to long-haul truck drivers all over the country," Daniels said.

"Somebody needs to start talking back. Where are the moderates in the Republican Party? Where are the people like George [H.W.] Bush who made sense? They’re letting the nuts lead them around by the nose."

He is particularly steamed that Arlington schools still refuse to replay Obama’s address to schoolchildren yet will bus fifth-graders to hear George W. Bush on Sept. 21 at a Super Bowl event at Cowboys Stadium. "I’ve always called Arlington a true all-American city," he said. "I love the parks. I love how they stuck their neck out to get baseball and football."

He lives near the Arlington border and shops in the city."

Tom
09-12-2009, 03:00 PM
:sleeping:

I never even saw that guy's lip move when Sec talked! :lol:

NJ Stinks
09-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Interesting articles, Sec. Food for thought for sure. :ThmbUp:

exactaplayer
09-12-2009, 03:26 PM
:sleeping:

I never even saw that guy's lip move when Sec talked! :lol:
Let me guess, the one guy is Limbaugh and the other is Tom. :lol:
Or maybe it is Beck and Boxcar ?:lol:
You really have to use sub titles here Tom

prospector
09-12-2009, 04:48 PM
"Somebody needs to start talking back. Where are the moderates in the Republican Party? Where are the people like George [H.W.] Bush who made sense? They’re letting the nuts lead them around by the nose."

people are talking back, by the millions all over America, today...and its not a republican, demo thing...the anger crosses all party lines.."he" doesn't get it any more than the libs here...its getting close to the danger line..people have had enough..

Tom
09-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey, EP....what happened to ya in the Acron thread - you know, the one where it was obviously a fake film? You hiding out here, sort of like Witless Protection? :lol:

lsbets
09-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Yep, its got to be racism if you disagree with the black dude. There couldn't be any other possible reasons. :rolleyes:

With all due respect to the General, he's an idiot.

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2009, 04:45 PM
He didn’t even have to mention U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson:

"We’re hollering at each other now," Daniels said. "We hate each other."I suppose this man forgets when Democrats were hollering at BUSH during a State of the Union...in case YOU forgot too, here's a taste:

RBxmEGG71PM

"I talk to military guys all over the world — white, black, brown," he said. "They’re asking, 'If it was unpatriotic to talk this way about the last president, isn’t this unpatriotic?’ They’re concerned. This is nothing but open, unabated racism. Nobody’s saying that."What a crock of unabated BULLSHIT. Here's what HILLARY had to say about being UNPATRIOTIC:

NJxmpTMGhU0

I know what some of you are going to say. It’s political, not racial.

But I also can’t imagine people acting this way over, say, a President Harry Reid or even President Al Gore.THIS IS SICKENING. It likely be WORSE under a Gore or Reid (because I feel they might even be more to the left than Obama.

"All I know is, the black guy wins, and suddenly these nuts are out there on TV and radio preaching to long-haul truck drivers all over the country," Daniels said.Your man was right when he said "Something bad's gone wrong in this country." In reality however, he's talking about his own actions, whether he knows it or not.

Either that, or he's in charge of fundraising for the Democratic Party. Democrats LOVE racism, and it's showing BIG TIME in this thread.

Tom
09-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Let me guess, the one guy is Limbaugh and the other is Tom. :lol:
Or maybe it is Beck and Boxcar ?:lol:
You really have to use sub titles here Tom

See, here is where you lose. You think just making a stupid post is funny, but in order to be funny, it has to have some roots in reality. Using a ventriloquist and his dummy represent how Sec always posts what other people have to say is the connection. Your throwing out Rush and Beck was just - out of the blue and not funny. Keep trying. But some advice - you're not cut out for snappy retorts.

NJ Stinks
09-13-2009, 06:09 PM
people are talking back, by the millions all over America, today...and its not a republican, demo thing...the anger crosses all party lines.

I don't know one Democrat who went to any Tea Party. And there are a lot of Dems around NJ in case you haven't noticed.

NJ Stinks
09-13-2009, 06:20 PM

Have you ever noticed that anyone who disagrees with you is an "idiot", Isbets?

I have. :sleeping:

Warren Henry
09-13-2009, 06:20 PM

What is Krulak's history. As a Marine, I know that one doesn't normally make general rank in the Marines by being a dumbass or a brown nose. Since it has been decades since I was active duty, I am not familiar with our recent leadership. Again, does anyone know about his track record?

cj's dad
09-13-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't know one Democrat who went to any Tea Party. And there are a lot of Dems around NJ in case you haven't noticed.

Why would Dems attend when they have the SEIU thugs there representing them.

JustRalph
09-13-2009, 06:24 PM
This SC Congressman is up to about a million Dollars in fund raising and counting..........the longer the Dems raise hell......the more money he gets

At this rate there are going to be Congressmen screaming at Obama everywhere he goes.......... :lol: :lol:

NJ Stinks
09-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Why would Dems attend when they have the SEIU thugs there representing them.

Maybe because we don't believe in the cause.

Just guessing, of course.

Tom
09-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I know some dems who attended them. I suspect those who were able to complete thought processes and evaluate the current government's performance on their own would not be going around in the same circles as NJ does. Not all dems are "that way."

Tom
09-13-2009, 07:16 PM
I suppose this man forgets when Democrats were hollering at BUSH during a State of the Union...in case YOU forgot too, here's a taste:

You know PA, we have done nothing that was not already the standard set by the libs the last 8 years, but they seem to be nothing more than crying little babies about it. Did the press nail the Bush hecklers? Where they called out by congress? Ha ha!

I find it very funny that the left is made up of so many wimps that they can't take their own medicine. Live with it boys, I am not even warmed up yet.

lsbets
09-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Have you ever noticed that anyone who disagrees with you is an "idiot", Isbets?

I have. :sleeping:

If the only answer you have to why are the people angry about what is going on in DC is because the people are racist, you are an idiot. The general seems to fit that description. There are plenty of intelligent people who I disagree with who I don't consider to be idiots. The only ones I consider to be idiots are the unintelligent ones.