PDA

View Full Version : Asmussen's 5000th

46zilzal
09-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Passion Rules in today's 7th at Woodbine pushed Steve Asmussen over the top to his 5000th career victory as a trainer. Congrats to him

Horseplayersbet.com
09-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Passion Rules in today's 7th at Woodbine pushed Steve Asmussen over the top to his 5000th career victory as a trainer. Congrats to him
That is a very POSITIVE post you just made.

46zilzal
09-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I write things which are neutral. It is the psychological evaluation of readers who make those subjective estimates.

CBedo
09-11-2009, 04:43 PM
for 46, that was very positve, lol.

With his operation, it seems like he is on his way to eventually catching Dale Baird?

46zilzal
09-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Does his brother help out since he retired from riding?

cj
09-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Hard to set his actual number in stone with the possibility of pending drug positives.

Fastracehorse
09-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Hard to set his actual number in stone with the possibility of pending drug positives.

But Assman has picked up steam in southern Ontario as the year progresses.

fffastt

Horseplayersbet.com
09-12-2009, 07:17 AM
All his horses are in detention at Woodbine.
But Assman has picked up steam in southern Ontario as the year progresses.

fffastt
Good point, but one has to wonder how many days out non detectable potions work these days and how much shipping goes on to and from the farm and back to the track.

Valuist
09-12-2009, 09:42 AM
There's a rumor he will no longer go by just Steve Asmussen but Steve Asmussen sponsored by Merck. His new silks will have a crucible on them.

Tom Barrister
09-12-2009, 12:14 PM

This is a relief. For a moment I was expecting to read about his 5000th positive drug test.

Tom
09-12-2009, 02:43 PM
:lol:

lamboguy
09-12-2009, 03:10 PM
steve assmussen is a first class gentleman like the rest of his family. i hope he gets about another 5million wins, he certainly deserves every single one of them.

cj
09-12-2009, 05:03 PM
steve assmussen is a first class gentleman like the rest of his family. i hope he gets about another 5million wins, he certainly deserves every single one of them.

He may very well be...why all the positives?

Java Gold@TFT
09-12-2009, 06:50 PM
He may very well be...why all the positives?
Maybe because there are illegal drugs in his horses' urine samples? Just a guess. ;) :rolleyes:

lamboguy
09-13-2009, 02:19 AM
those tests are subjective and can come up with positives on any give day. i am not sure about the ones that have the lydocane in it, but as far as clen goes they are testing for levels. jurisdictions allow clen 48 hours before the race i think nyra is even further out so less chance of getting higher levels there.

i wish there was no such thing as drugs, the horses would run better and last longer at the same time. people post on here about drugs that make the horse go faster yet no one can tell me what drugs they are. assmussens drugs have been for pain and breathing as far as i can see, not rocket juice or epogen.

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2009, 08:12 PM
If the horse is in pain, he won't run as fast as if he was on drugs to MASK the pain...thus, drugs for pain ABSOLUTELY DO make a horse run FASTER.

If the horse has trouble breathing, drugs to CLEAR his air passages and thus allow him to breath better ABSOLUTELY DO make a horse run FURTHER.

Rocket fuel INDEED for ouchy horses and/or horses who can't breath efficiently.

lamboguy
09-13-2009, 08:32 PM
If the horse is in pain, he won't run as fast as if he was on drugs to MASK the pain...thus, drugs for pain ABSOLUTELY DO make a horse run FASTER.

If the horse has trouble breathing, drugs to CLEAR his air passages and thus allow him to breath better ABSOLUTELY DO make a horse run FURTHER.

Rocket fuel INDEED for ouchy horses and/or horses who can't breath efficiently.i would love to know the name of these drugs that make horses run faster for pain or breathing. i have seen breathing medications clear up pimples and mukuss to allow a horse to capture oxygen better,. i know of surgery's such as tiebacks and tieforwards to prevent horses from displacing.

as far as pain medication, the only legal one that i see used is bute and they don't allow it in most jurisdictions. they do allow it in sulfolk downs where i see horses that walk into the place completely sore and now become worldbeaters on the bottom. when you take the bute away from them they can't stand up on their feet.

Java Gold@TFT
09-13-2009, 09:03 PM
i would love to know the name of these drugs that make horses run faster for pain or breathing. as far as pain medication, the only legal one that i see used is bute and they don't allow it in most jurisdictions. they do allow it in sulfolk downs where i see horses that walk into the place completely sore and now become worldbeaters on the bottom. when you take the bute away from them they can't stand up on their feet.
Didn't you just answer your own question? First you say that a pain killer like Bute doesn't help a horse run faster and then you say that at Suffolk you have watched horses go from lame to 'worldbeater' when they get Bute. So without bute they are lame and would be lucky to run 6F in 1:14 but with bute they can run without the pain and would be closer to 1:12? Sounds like it helps a horse to run faster. Same with fixing any tyoe of breathing problem whetehr it is by drugs or surgery. How much of a difference is it between fixing a trapped epiglotis or giving a horse a bronchodialator before a race? One is surgery and one is a drug not allowed on raceday. Same result but different methods.

Fastracehorse
09-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Good point, but one has to wonder how many days out non detectable potions work these days and how much shipping goes on to and from the farm and back to the track.

Obviously he has a method because IMO his horses aren't running cold.

fffastt