PDA

View Full Version : No NYRA video on 4njbets

affirmedny
09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Supposedly a dispute. Anybody know anything?

Horseplayersbet.com
09-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Same with HPI. Must be the horsemen or the execs. I know one thing, it isn't the horseplayer behind this.

Stevie Belmont
09-12-2009, 01:35 PM
WTF!!

When did this happen? I can't get it...

How long is this going to last?

What damn shame...no where to get audio at least? Used to be on the site...

Milleruszk
09-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Signed on today and got this message; "NYRA Live Video no longer available...Watch on TVG & HRTV...replays at 4njbets.com & nyra.com"

Anyone know what is going on? NYRA video feed has always been available on NJBETS. Thanks.

DeanT
09-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Customers don't matter a hell of a lot do they?

Tom
09-12-2009, 02:51 PM
at all.

My policy is, once blocked from a track, I NEVER go back.
If we could get the message out there, the half-wits who run the tracks/adw's/whatever might get it. It is everyone's fault - when you play catch with a turd, you get dirty.

Stevie Belmont
09-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I don't know, but it does really suck...

Pacingguy
09-12-2009, 06:32 PM
at all.

My policy is, once blocked from a track, I NEVER go back.
If we could get the message out there, the half-wits who run the tracks/adw's/whatever might get it. It is everyone's fault - when you play catch with a turd, you get dirty.

If you live in NJ and the fault lies with NJAW there isn't much you can do. If it is NYRA's fault I would tell them, no signal, no wager and like said elsewhere, I would find a new favorite running track to play forever. Sure I can watch Belmont on TVG at home, but why should I have to?

I am a harness fan, so some may wonder why do I care? Today it is Belmont, tomororw it could be Yonkers or any other trotting track.

Stevie Belmont
09-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Any news on this?

affirmedny
09-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Where are our friends from HANA? Isn't this the kind of situation they were formed to address in the first place?

miesque
09-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Where are our friends from HANA? Isn't this the kind of situation they were formed to address in the first place?

We will at the very least dicuss it as part of tonight's Board of Directors meeting. I would like to point out that this is not exactly the only issue out there at the moment as the racing landscape is littered with such issues and we can't hit everything at once. Regardless, the one thing I cannot stress strongly enough is that those of you who are personally affected by this should be pelting NYRA and the NYSRWB with a blizzard of letters and phone calls.

affirmedny
09-16-2009, 03:19 PM
We will at the very least dicuss it as part of tonight's Board of Directors meeting. I would like to point out that this is not exactly the only issue out there at the moment as the racing landscape is littered with such issues and we can't hit everything at once. Regardless, the one thing I cannot stress strongly enough is that those of you who are personally affected by this should be pelting NYRA and the NYSRWB with a blizzard of letters and phone calls.

Thank you, but we're not even sure(but most likely they are) they're the ones to blame. We've been given no reason for the shutdown whatsoever. My friend asked at the 4njbets office at the Meadowlands saturday and was told (I'm not kidding) "what's the big deal? we take plenty of other tracks".

Pacingguy
09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Thank you, but we're not even sure(but most likely they are) they're the ones to blame. We've been given no reason for the shutdown whatsoever. My friend asked at the 4njbets office at the Meadowlands saturday and was told (I'm not kidding) "what's the big deal? we take plenty of other tracks".

The people in the office only know what they are told regarding this. I think they owe it to their bettors to at least know what the problem is. What is funny is you can google all you want and you can't find out anything; you would think it was a state secret.

Jeff P
09-16-2009, 06:05 PM
I asked Charlie Hayward what was going on. Hal Handel, NYRA Chief Operating Officer sent me the following email in response:

Hi Jeff,

Charlie asked me to respond to your note. It came as a complete
surprise to NYRA that NJBets was streaming our signal as they had no
authorization to do so, we assume that the error was in good faith and
are treating the matter accordingly. NYRA has a valuable property right
in the live streaming of its races and has arrangements with several ADW
operations to compensate NYRA for streaming rights, NJBets will be able
to stream under a similar arrangement if they in fact have an appetite
to do so; decision they have to make

We are scheduled to have a conversation with them later this week on
this very issue, replays are a very different matter and they certainly
could engage in that service if they decided to do so.

Under aegis of NYSRWBD NYRA itself is prohibited from streaming its own
races live to its own ADW customers thus raising bar on issue to a
serious plane.

Hope this is helpful, certainly no bad blood between NYRA and NJBets on
issue,

Hal Handel
Chief Operating Officer
NYRA

-jp

Pacingguy
09-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the information, at least we know the why. Let's call it "The Case of the Accidental Pirate" :D I understand why it happened, they are showing the races they simulcast at the NJ tracks, so they probably consider NJAW an extension of simulcasting; hence not paying for the feed.

This may cause a problem for NJBETS, how many other signals are they showing the same way? Now that the problem has come to light, expect more signals to go dark.

Canarsie
09-16-2009, 07:00 PM
This is insanity they claimed the same thing from Nassau OTb :bang:

The worst thing is I was at the Meadowlands this afternoon and there is the Belmont signal free and clear.

So no signal = less money you wonder why NYRA is in the shape they are. :ThmbDown:

To think I went to that place when you had to walk across the Cross Island Parkway from the auxiliary parking lot if you got there late on a weekend.

turfnsport
09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Hayward said, "We are scheduled to have a conversation with them later this week on this very issue."

Yeah no sense of urgency, is there, since it is the bettors that are inconvenienced. This industry is just more sickening each day.

bettheoverlay
09-16-2009, 09:02 PM
The way I understand it, 4njbets is in fact an extension of MTH/MED simulcasting, so technically not an ADW. Each time you log on to the site, you have to affirm that you are currently located in NJ while wagering. Internet gambling is considered illegal in the state and we are not allowed to enroll at ADWs. This was the court approved way around it for horse racing.

NYRAs claim that they were unaware is hooey. NYRA denied us the signal once before, and after many complaints it returned.

So what is the difference between the NYRA signal at simulcast centers and on the internet extension? Should Monmouth and the Meadowlands deny NYRA their signal in return? Silly stuff, NYRA probably deciding to seek more cash wherever they can.

trying2win
09-17-2009, 12:59 AM
From Jeff Platt's post earlier in this thread, he got a reply from HAL HANDEL from the NYRA. Here's a sentence from that reply, with some gobbledyegook and baffegab in it, that I can't understand:

"Under aegis of NYSRWBD NYRA itself is prohibited from streaming its own races live to its own ADW customers thus raising bar on issue to a serious plane."

--Can someone please explain to me what this sentence means?

Thanks,

T2W

samyn on the green
09-17-2009, 01:30 AM
New York state has enacted a protection scheme for the local OTB (http://gregcalabrese.blogspot.com/2009/07/otb-corruption-continues.html). The way the government protects OTB is by prohibiting NYRA from streaming video or audio of the NYRA feed to New York residents. The point is to force punters to patronize OTB parlors since they can not watch video at home. It makes no sense but this is par for the course when dealing with progressive government. They have little to no empirical or existential experience and really hurt horseracing with their blundering policy.

From Jeff Platt's post earlier in this thread, he got a reply from HAL HANDEL from the NYRA. Here's a sentence from that reply, with some gobbledyegook and baffegab in it, that I can't understand:

"Under aegis of NYSRWBD NYRA itself is prohibited from streaming its own races live to its own ADW customers thus raising bar on issue to a serious plane."

--Can someone please explain to me what this sentence means?

Thanks,

T2W

trying2win
09-17-2009, 01:36 AM
So what is the difference between the NYRA signal at simulcast centers and on the internet extension? Should Monmouth and the Meadowlands deny NYRA their signal in return? Silly stuff, NYRA probably deciding to seek more cash wherever they can.

NYRA is already raking in lots of extra cash from their sleazy policy of incremental breakage rates, depending on the winning parimutuel payoffs at their racetracks. If you haven't already read about the NYRA's shady breakage policy, read all about it on their website and weep! Especially the part where it increases to 50 cent and dollar breakage. Unreal!

What with the NYRA's greedy breakage policies, along with their stingy live video policies, maybe they should be writing a new book entitled something like...'HOW TO LOSE CUSTOMERS AND INFLUENCE FRIENDS NOT TO BET THERE ANYMORE"

T2W

trying2win
09-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Samyn:

Thanks for the link to the article. Very interesting! :ThmbUp:

T2W

affirmedny
09-17-2009, 10:09 AM
NYRAs claim that they were unaware is hooey. NYRA denied us the signal once before, and after many complaints it returned.

That's when 4njbets was hosted by Philadelphia's phonebet. Handel was in charge at Philly at the time. He's an incompetent hack just like he was in NJ.

Pacingguy
09-17-2009, 04:00 PM
The way I understand it, 4njbets is in fact an extension of MTH/MED simulcasting, so technically not an ADW. Each time you log on to the site, you have to affirm that you are currently located in NJ while wagering. Internet gambling is considered illegal in the state and we are not allowed to enroll at ADWs. This was the court approved way around it for horse racing.

Actually, NJBETS is different. While they basically show the same tracks that are simulcast at NJ tracks, it is a separate company formed in partnership with the Meadowlands, Freehold and Monmouth Park which is being run by Scientific Games. Betting on the Meadowlands through NJBETS is treated the same as coming from another ADW with respect to how the commission is paid; not the same as if it is bet on track. This is why if you have a BIGM card and wager from home you don't get credit like you would on track.

I bet you it was not NYRA that raised the issue. Probably a complaint came to NYRA from one of the ADWs; why do we have to pay if others don't.

Stevie Belmont
09-18-2009, 10:38 AM
This stinks to high heaven. I have watched and played races from my home for since they started doing this a few years ago and love to do so when not at the track. I have been playing NYRA Tracks for several years. Not having the video is huge detriment. I hope they can get something done ASAP.

miesque
09-18-2009, 11:50 AM
This stinks to high heaven. I have watched and played races from my home for since they started doing this a few years ago and love to do so when not at the track. I have been playing NYRA Tracks for several years. Not having the video is huge detriment. I hope they can get something done ASAP.

May I ask if you and others who are directly impacted by this chain yanking are still playing Belmont and if so are you playing at the same level?

I notice there is pretty much an absence of any sort of real news story on this disruption, but if you do a general web google on the subject of NYRA signal there are several similar past instances with other jurisdictions/entities, so this is unfortunately not a rare isolated occurence.

KM1234
09-18-2009, 12:22 PM
I have stopped betting NYRA since the live video was discontinued, and I've even stopped watching TVG when Belmont is running. I realize not watching doesn't affect NYRA, but that's what I've chosen to do.

I notice that the handle for Belmont is down about 5 million over the first 5 days of the meet over last year's figures. Don't know if it's because of disgruntled bettors or not.

I suppose I'm angry because I was going to take a break from any serious betting until Tampa after following Saratoga everyday. Then the morning of 9/10, I decided to buy the DRF Fall Special and play Belmont, and now this happens. At least I'm still able to download other tracks unlike the Saratoga Special which requires you to only download Saratoga. We'll see what happens.

Stevie Belmont
09-18-2009, 12:41 PM
I still made the bets I intended to make last week, considering I had already had the card and capped the races. I watched the replays, which is just not the same.

I can either go to the Meadowlands or do the same from home. I have to admit, not having the live stream could impact some of my playing in New York down the road, how much I do not know yet. I don't bet every race and I also play Monmouth.

Time will tell...

affirmedny
09-18-2009, 01:53 PM
I've cut my Belmont play 95 percent. What really sucks is my elderly handicapped father who can't get a dish or get TVG or HRTV on cable where he lives (and who plays NYRA every day as his hobby) is totally blown out of the water by this.

bettheoverlay
09-18-2009, 02:11 PM
I'll still play Belmont but only with plays that I really like. It's not much fun without the live feed, so I have moved on with the majority of my plays to other tracks. I normally would play Belmont alot during the Fairplex lull in So Cal.

Stevie Belmont
09-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Still no video...

Well if I can't see or hear the race, maybe I won't play...

I'm going on October 3rd

The Hawk
09-20-2009, 05:05 PM
If you're from NJ, when you go to Belmont you won't be able to see the races live. They put you in a windowless room and show you the replay 3 minutes after the race is official. It's ok, though, they're mostly statebred races anyway.

Stevie Belmont
09-20-2009, 07:46 PM
This is turture...

I can see every damn track in the nation, but the one 12 miles away in New York I can't. Whats wrong with this picture??

njcurveball
09-20-2009, 07:58 PM
If you're from NJ, when you go to Belmont you won't be able to see the races live. They put you in a windowless room and show you the replay 3 minutes after the race is official. It's ok, though, they're mostly statebred races anyway.

That was pretty funny. :lol:

Don't forget you have to check a box saying you are from NJ as well. ;)

Stevie Belmont
09-21-2009, 11:37 AM
So who's the one stopping the video from being streamed? The NYRA?

KM1234
09-21-2009, 12:47 PM
NYRA is no longer allowing the live streaming of its signal according to an email I received. I also called the 4NJBets office around 1PM on 9/11, and I asked if the unavailability was permanent, and the answer was "pretty much so."

I have searched far and wide for ANY article that pertains to NYRA and 4NJBets, and have found nothing.

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY MY OPINION:

I think that just because the NYRA signal was available at the racetracks, the NJSEA assumed it could stream the video over the Internet. Nassau OTB and Capital OTB did that and were accused of piracy, but the the matters were resolved with them, but no streaming video was ever restored. That may be the situation here. You can Google Nassau OTB or Capital OTB to find the articles.I have no idea if there are any negotiations going on to restore the signal for 4NJBets, but I have chosen to believe that the signal will never be restored. I hope I'm wrong.

Tom
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Is NYRA still streaming video to You Bet or Twinspires?

RichieP
09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Is NYRA still streaming video to You Bet or Twinspires?

TS shows the replays after the race is completed Tom. Same as NYRA site.
Nothing "live". Ridiculous

turfnsport
09-21-2009, 02:43 PM
TS shows the replays after the race is completed Tom. Same as NYRA site.
Nothing "live". Ridiculous
Twinspires is live, at last it was yesterday...maybe a 2 sec delay

chickenhead
09-21-2009, 03:35 PM
NYRA is no longer allowing the live streaming of its signal according to an email I received. I also called the 4NJBets office around 1PM on 9/11, and I asked if the unavailability was permanent, and the answer was "pretty much so."

I have searched far and wide for ANY article that pertains to NYRA and 4NJBets, and have found nothing.

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY MY OPINION:

I think that just because the NYRA signal was available at the racetracks, the NJSEA assumed it could stream the video over the Internet. Nassau OTB and Capital OTB did that and were accused of piracy, but the the matters were resolved with them, but no streaming video was ever restored. That may be the situation here. You can Google Nassau OTB or Capital OTB to find the articles.I have no idea if there are any negotiations going on to restore the signal for 4NJBets, but I have chosen to believe that the signal will never be restored. I hope I'm wrong.

You can read per Jeffs earlier post -- NYRA is charging the ADWs extra to stream video. I imagine any ADW who is streaming live has paid NYRA whatever they are asking for the privilege.

PaceAdvantage
09-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Twinspires is live, at last it was yesterday...maybe a 2 sec delayIt's live to non-NY residents, or last I thought I heard...

RichieP
09-21-2009, 05:15 PM
It's live to non-NY residents, or last I thought I heard...

Yes forgot that out of state folks are fine watching NYRA but those of us that live in the state are screwed

banacek
09-21-2009, 05:26 PM
It's been cut off to HPI in Canada as well. There's a smart business model - they want me to bet their races, but won't let me watch. Well, they have gotten a grand total of $0 of my wagering dollars at Belmont (and the end of Saratoga).

bettheoverlay
09-21-2009, 07:26 PM
There's a smart business model - they want me to bet their races, but won't let me watch.

You have to wonder what kind of discussion NYRA has when they come up with such illogical decisions. Do you think someone pipes up "aren't we going to piss off the bettors and potentially decrease our handle?" I bet no one does.

PaceAdvantage
09-21-2009, 07:28 PM
What kind of illogical decision restricts NYRA from showing the live video from their OWN RACES on their OWN WEBSITE?

Perhaps we should answer that question first.

The Hawk
09-21-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't have Youbet, but I heard someone at the track yesterday say NYRA is also off that site as well. He was saying you get only audio during the race, with a black screen, until the race is official. Then the video comes back on. Not sure if this is true or not.

samyn on the green
09-22-2009, 02:50 AM
YOUBET streams NYRA to every state they operate in except New York. You can thank OTB for pressuring the state to prohibit on-line video streaming of NYRA racing within New York. Supposedly racefans are supposed to start streaming into the OTB's and track with no on-line video. I don't have Youbet, but I heard someone at the track yesterday say NYRA is also off that site as well. He was saying you get only audio during the race, with a black screen, until the race is official. Then the video comes back on. Not sure if this is true or not.

Pacingguy
09-22-2009, 07:56 AM
YOUBET streams NYRA to every state they operate in except New York. You can thank OTB for pressuring the state to prohibit on-line video streaming of NYRA racing within New York. Supposedly racefans are supposed to start streaming into the OTB's and track with no on-line video.

Of course they are. The rules are written by politicians and they need to make sure the nephews have a job. If you could get a live signal at home OTB would even be more in the red.

Tom
09-22-2009, 09:04 AM
I can't watch NYRA live except on TVG or HRTV, and TVG is on delay sometimes. I live 7 mile from FL and cannot bet it at all on the net.

Stupid state we live in. My wagering dollars are now 100% going out of state.
Screw NY, Screw FL, Screw NYRA.

What a totally studid industry this is.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

miesque
09-22-2009, 09:46 AM
What NYRA can or cannot do on its own site is not relevant to this particular conversation as far as I see it because Joe P. Customer at HPI or 4NJBets flat out doesn’t give a rats ass about what NYRA can or cannot do on its own ADW site. What they do care about is that before this little shakedown for some extra cash by NYRA they were able to watch the races live and now they can’t. Its really just that simple. In addition, there are plenty of alternative tracks to play and here is the reason why I don’t think you will see either HPI or 4NJBets fork over the extra money and why I think it was a bit foolish of NYRA to play hardball (in addition to obvious factor of needlessly pissing off your customer base, but they can't help that they are too gifted at it), both of those entities have competing tracks which could feasibly be the beneficiary and get some more action if those playing NYRA get ticked off and decide to play elsewhere and if that is the case, they will make a lot more money per dollar wagered.

Tom
09-22-2009, 09:57 AM
I don't think they intended to hurt the fans. I doubt they even ever considered the fans.:rolleyes:

turfnsport
09-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Yes forgot that out of state folks are fine watching NYRA but those of us that live in the state are screwed

Wait a sec... :bang: Are you telling me NY residents cannot watch NYRA races live on youbet or TW??

That's news to me, unbelieveable!

titans1127
09-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah ny residents can't watch nyra online through any of the adw's. Xpressbet takes nyra and I think finger lakes to bet but they don't let you watch it from their site. They don't allow ny residents to watch or wager on the my harness tracks at all. The only way around this that I know of is to sign up for an account on www.youbet.net and when they ask for a zip code give one from a state that has no restrictions and you can watch the ny tracks with no restrictions.

KM1234
09-22-2009, 02:29 PM
I researched the official DRF charts and discovered the following:

First 8 days handle 2007 Belmont Fall Meet: 58 million

First 8 days handle 2008 Belmont Fall Meet: 50 million

First 8 days handle 2009 Belmont Fall Meet: 43 million

Keep up the good work NYRA!

miesque
09-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Who wants to bet that within the next month or two there will be some articles surfacing with lots of hand wringing about how NYRA desperately needs the VLT situation sped up because they are running out of cash quicker then they had initially anticipated. :D

OTM Al
09-22-2009, 04:28 PM
I can't watch NYRA live except on TVG or HRTV, and TVG is on delay sometimes. I live 7 mile from FL and cannot bet it at all on the net.

Stupid state we live in. My wagering dollars are now 100% going out of state.
Screw NY, Screw FL, Screw NYRA.

What a totally studid industry this is.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

You can bet it on the net Tom, but you need yet another account, NYRA's, which you as a NY resident are entitled to get. I like it though when I bet at home I just watch on TV.

Just as a side note, I've been looking into how to bet English and Irish tracks and guess what? You need 2 different accounts to be able to cover that as well. I'm just waiting til OTB system blows up (and I'm starting to believe it might) and then things should change quite a bit.

PaceAdvantage
09-23-2009, 02:15 AM
What NYRA can or cannot do on its own site is not relevant to this particular conversation as far as I see it because Joe P. Customer at HPI or 4NJBets flat out doesn’t give a rats ass about what NYRA can or cannot do on its own ADW site. Actually, it's quite relevant, as it illustrates perfectly how absolutely ****ED UP this industry is at times...it makes the non-video at HPI or 4NJBets seem tame by comparison...

There is NO REASON why NYRA should be restricted from showing their races LIVE on their own website...

KM1234
09-23-2009, 03:08 PM
If you go to www.equidaily.com (http://www.equidaily.com/) and click on the third article from the top

which starts with "Unseen", there is a very interesting article. There is a

reference to the New Jersey Racing Commission starting with the 15th

paragraph. I posted a comment at the end of the article. We'll see if anyone

responds.

Something else I found interesting: If you go to www.thebigm.com (http://www.thebigm.com/) and enter

NYRA in the search engine, you'll find every press release regarding any

interruption in wagering or video from NYRA that was NYRA's fault, yet

nothing this time around.

Stevie Belmont
09-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Still no end in sight...

Another weekend with no video...

Good Job to all those involved...

Pacingguy
09-26-2009, 08:29 AM
If you go to www.equidaily.com (http://www.equidaily.com/) and click on the third article from the top

which starts with "Unseen", there is a very interesting article. There is a

reference to the New Jersey Racing Commission starting with the 15th

paragraph. I posted a comment at the end of the article. We'll see if anyone

responds.

Something else I found interesting: If you go to www.thebigm.com (http://www.thebigm.com/) and enter

NYRA in the search engine, you'll find every press release regarding any

interruption in wagering or video from NYRA that was NYRA's fault, yet

nothing this time around.

Probably because it is not NYRA's fault. My guess is 4njbets was trying to say they were an extension of simulcasting when in fact they are an ADW. I also guess they don't want to pay for the NYRA signal because if they do that, they will have to start paying fees for all the other tracks like ADWs do. By ignoring the situation, they can continue disputing the fact they are an ADW.

SansuiSC
10-01-2009, 03:07 PM
NYRA CEO Charles Hayward has his panties in a bunch about the NYRA signal.

1-718-706-7650 Call Mike Francesa from WFAN sports radio 660 am. You also might know him from 'Miked Up" a TV show.
He's very interested in this sort of thing. He's a race fan, horse owner, and has a direct line to Charles Hayward.

He had Hayward and a Nassau OTB spokespreson "on air" to try to resolve the dispute between those two partys. The audio might be on WFAN's web site in their archives of audio interviews.

I know it's a little different that it's an ADW and not an in home signal, but he might want to help out especially if you bombard the station with calls.

He wants to see what's best for the FAN of the sport of horseracing.

Best of luck.

Any questions, just ask and I will try to help if you if I can answer.

SansuiSC
10-01-2009, 03:43 PM
The interview is still there.

Go to www.wfan.com, click on Mike Francesa audio page and scroll down.

"Friday July 24th - Charles Hayward and Robert Zimmerman discuss the dispute regarding the New York Racing Association removing its televised signal of Belmont Park races from the in-home distribution network of Nassau Regional Off-Track Betting Corp."

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2009, 09:56 PM
That was back in July...didn't they settle this thing and eventually start showing the NYRA signal to homes in Nassau county?

SansuiSC
10-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Yes they did. They restored it opening of Saratoga. It took the NYS Racing and Wagering Board to ask NYRA to concede which they did. There are still pending lawsuits out there on it though.

It's a good reference to these guys though to contact Francesa for the reasons I stated above. He may or may not be able to help since he has a direct line to Hayward and is a fan of the sport.

KM1234
10-02-2009, 06:27 AM
The in-home signal was restored, but I don't believe that live streaming video was ever restored to their website. I think it was a case of NYRA saying that if you don't have streaming video anymore, we won't sue you.

Pacingguy
10-11-2009, 04:22 PM
No new news regarding this? I imagine this is the way it will be. I feel sorry for NYRA fans. This is a throwback to the original days of NY OTB before they showed live racing in the offices. It stunk then and it stinks now.

Stevie Belmont
10-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Almost a month has gone by, no nothing. I did not even bother to download the card yesterday. Good job, just need people who do play to lose interest. Eventually they will have nothing peroid.

Milleruszk
10-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Almost a month has gone by, no nothing. I did not even bother to download the card yesterday. Good job, just need people who do play to lose interest. Eventually they will have nothing peroid.

"F" em! I have not placed a wager on Belmont since they pulled the signal.
Even though I have TVG and HRTV I will not bet NYRA until the signal on NJBets is restored. :mad:

Stevie Belmont
10-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Gone on long enough. I am done. I will watch the replays of races I like or only wager on Belmont at the Meadowlands. No point in capping a card and watching the replay 5 min later.

Good job...

KM1234
10-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Haven't bet Belmont since the first race on 9/11. Haven't bet at all since 9/23, because I came to the conclusion that it's NJAW's fault we have no NYRA video since I called on 9/11 and got no explanation, and my return email didn't explain anything either.

I haven't watched any races on TVG or any other channel either. What is surprising is that I don't even miss it.

affirmedny
05-11-2011, 06:44 PM
bump, everybody still not playing?

Spiderman
05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Very limited play at BEL. NYRA wants njbets to pay for signal and the situation in NJ will change with the takeover of MTH by Bailey. He gets the rights to njbets as part of the deal package. Hopefully, the state will bow out of racing completely.

njcurveball
05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Very limited play at BEL. NYRA wants njbets to pay for signal and the situation in NJ will change with the takeover of MTH by Bailey. He gets the rights to njbets as part of the deal package. Hopefully, the state will bow out of racing completely.

I don't know what you heard, this was the latest I heard.

"The track is being packaged in a five-year lease with the Woodbridge off-track wagering site, four proposed OTWs, and a 50 percent share of the authority's profits from telephone and internet account wagering."

50 percent share of profits does not equal him getting the rights.

In a crazy twist of fate, 4njbets accounts cannot be used in the casinos. I wonder if he will be able to change that?

ALL CIRCUITS GO
05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
i have njbets acct. if i go onsite at meadowlands, i receive a rebate. if i bet from home over internet or phone, i do not. i wish they would change that part, i can't always make it onsite. i haven't found an alternative in nj. anyone?

Spiderman
05-11-2011, 11:35 PM
i have njbets acct. if i go onsite at meadowlands, i receive a rebate. if i bet from home over internet or phone, i do not. i wish they would change that part, i can't always make it onsite. i haven't found an alternative in nj. anyone?

We are held captive by government monopoly. In every state where gambling is legal, citizens have options to use an ADW of their choice. It took eight years after voting OK, that njbets got up and faltering. The first attempt at a website was a farce run by political hacks. Two years later, it became usable.

bettheoverlay
05-12-2011, 08:02 AM
[In a crazy twist of fate, 4njbets accounts cannot be used in the casinos. I wonder if he will be able to change that?[/QUOTE]

I live in a NJ suburb of Philly and a couple of years ago I visited the Favorites OTB in Vineland, the closest to my house. I was told I couldn't use my 4njbets account there as I lived in a different OTB sphere, I would have to go to Freehold for that, and presumably the relatively new Favorites in Toms River. That seemed absurd to me!