PDA

View Full Version : Belmont opening day

cees with dees
09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
It took 5 races but I finally have a play although not expecting a big price.
In the 6th, First Flute has speed, adds lasix, drops and has handled a wet track. Draws into a field that fails to go forward nevermind threaten. Need only avoid an accident to find the winners circle today. 8/5 right now but not holding my breath.
Betting her to win and a cold DD with the Contessa entry in the back. Golden Artemis is the quickest and classiest of this bunch and Musical Splendor is okay too but from off the pace.
Hoping for $16 on the double but again, not holding my breath.
Good luck to all and see you manana.
Ben

cees with dees
09-11-2009, 03:20 PM
By the way, after a dismal performance at Saratoga, watch out for Bruce Levine at this meet. Already had a winner in the first and anything running at Belmont after failing at Saratoga should be used.
Ben

cees with dees
09-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow!! Talk about a hideous pick.
Sorry.
Ben

theguarantee
09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Hit the exacta in the second, but gave it all back after that without cashing anything the rest of the day. Was all over Golden Artemis and got hurt there. Dantastic jumped break and couldn't get up gave back most of the rest of my profits. After playing Maragh a few times, despite planning on playing Bernstein all day, I fell in love with the 7, backed off the 5 and watched the 7 die.

Frustrating day after a nice cash on my first play. Oh well, back tomorrow, going to try and post some plays as I may put in a couple early wagers and watch college football instead. Good luck tomorrow.