PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Reader Problem?

Pell Mell
09-11-2009, 12:42 PM
I download my PPs from Brisnet to my computer in my documents. After they are opened if I scroll a little too fast an error message pops up and Adobe closes. The problem seems to be much worse if I have a betting site with video up. This just started happening recently.

System: Windows xp, IE, and all the latest updates on all systems. Have 2 gb hard drive and 1024 of memory and computer is only using 10% of it.

Any ideas?:bang:

wilderness
09-11-2009, 02:56 PM
If your just using the reader to view files?

Foxit Reader is quite faster, less of a system resource hog and requires a very small fraction of the storage space that Adobe Reader does.

DJofSD
09-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Either a problem with the data (BRIS PP file) or the software (Adobe reader).

Divide and conquer. Here's a couple of things to try. Certainly not the only ones but ones that might reveal where the problem lays.

If you have saved the installation file used to install the reader, try uninstalling the version you have now and re-install an older version. Then see if the problem repeats. If not then you likely you had either a corrupted execution file or have found a bug.

Or, download the PP file again and see what happens. If there was an error either during the download (rare but it still can happen) or the composition of the file on the BRIS site was bad, it could have cause the reader to lose it's cookies.

Pell Mell
09-11-2009, 05:40 PM
If your just using the reader to view files?

Foxit Reader is quite faster, less of a system resource hog and requires a very small fraction of the storage space that Adobe Reader does.

I downloaded Foxit and it works very nicely. Evidently the problem is with Adobe and I used new and old versions.

I'm still playing with Foxit and at the moment have one little problem, due no doubt to my limited computer skills. When I use a tool, like snapshot, how do I un-do the tool and if I do something like highlight, how do I un-do that?
Thanks so much for your help, you guys know your stuff.:jump:

robert99
09-11-2009, 06:37 PM
I downloaded Foxit and it works very nicely. Evidently the problem is with Adobe and I used new and old versions.

I'm still playing with Foxit and at the moment have one little problem, due no doubt to my limited computer skills. When I use a tool, like snapshot, how do I un-do the tool and if I do something like highlight, how do I un-do that?
Thanks so much for your help, you guys know your stuff.:jump:

Just left click the snapshot /highlight area.
Never had a problem with Firefox but Adobe had many unfixed bugs with internet use.

dutchboy
09-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I download my PPs from Brisnet to my computer in my documents. After they are opened if I scroll a little too fast an error message pops up and Adobe closes. The problem seems to be much worse if I have a betting site with video up. This just started happening recently.

System: Windows xp, IE, and all the latest updates on all systems. Have 2 gb hard drive and 1024 of memory and computer is only using 10% of it.

Any ideas?:bang:

Don't scroll a little too fast. It may work better if you use the buttons to page forward or backward instead of scrolling. Increase the 1 GB of memory to 2 or 3 GB. It should take less than 10 minutes of time to install the extra memory and less than a 100 bucks.

Pell Mell
09-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Don't scroll a little too fast. It may work better if you use the buttons to page forward or backward instead of scrolling. Increase the 1 GB of memory to 2 or 3 GB. It should take less than 10 minutes of time to install the extra memory and less than a 100 bucks.
Had been doing the same thing for years with same computer and never a problem. Works fine with Fire so I'm sure it is a problem with Adobe.