PDA

View Full Version : Acorn workers help hookers get a home for their brothel

Pages : [1] 2

jballscalls
09-10-2009, 10:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtTnizEnC1U&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbiggovernment%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNYU9PamIZk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbiggovernment%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

Saw this on Megyn Kelly this morning, unbelievable

andymays
09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtTnizEnC1U&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbiggovernment%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNYU9PamIZk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbiggovernment%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

I saw that. You can be sure it will be played all day long and into tomorrow. Acorn has ties to Obama and the Democratic party. I guarantee no mainstream media outlet will pick it up and show the video to it's viewers.

Tom
09-10-2009, 10:29 AM
I heard a bunch of little ACORNS were arrested in Florida (?) for voter registration fraud yesterday. There was a perp walk and everything, cuffs, coats over the heads........

andymays
09-10-2009, 10:31 AM
I heard a bunch of little ACORNS were arrested in Florida (?) for voter registration fraud yesterday. There was a perp walk and everything, cuffs, coats over the heads........

It's funny how the Big Acorns never are held accountable! :eek:

Tom
09-10-2009, 10:37 AM
And how they never fall far from the tree!

LottaKash
09-10-2009, 10:55 AM
And how they never fall far from the tree!

If a "Big Acorn, falls from a tree in the woods, does it make a sound ?.....:jump:

best,

GaryG
09-10-2009, 11:10 AM
I saw where arrest warrants were issued for those Acorns involved in the brothel scam. I thought they were issued Don't You Dare Arrest Me cards by the administration.

mostpost
09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
A girls gotta eat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
09-10-2009, 11:47 AM
If a "Big Acorn, falls from a tree in the woods, does it make a sound ?.....:jump:

best,

It, uh, uh, umm, it, it, uh, uh, umm, it makes a, uh, uh, uh, a sound it, uh,uh, if uh, the doctors are there, us, lopping off, uh, um, feet.

boxcar
09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
A girls gotta eat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But can she live on a steady diet of acorns?

Boxcar

mostpost
09-10-2009, 12:46 PM
I am really worried that you guys think these are legitimate videos.

Warren Henry
09-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Since they are critical of ACORN, an organization closely aligned with your savior BO, you would naturally know that they can't be real.

Do you have any problem at all with anything that ACORN does?

Tom
09-10-2009, 01:05 PM

And your proof that they are not is.......

andymays
09-10-2009, 01:14 PM

Don't worry be happy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc

Everyone knows they're just doing what they do right? ;)

mostpost
09-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Since they are critical of ACORN, an organization closely aligned with your savior BO, you would naturally know that they can't be real.

Do you have any problem at all with anything that ACORN does?
They are so obviously fake, although I don't know if they were made as a parody, or as propaganda.
First of all, they were shown on Fox. More important, everyone in them was a stereotype. The heavyset black women who "worked for Acorn," the "Prostitute" with her short shorts and tube top, the wanna be congressman who is seen dressed as a pimp at the end of the second video.

Do you really think that an employee of any organization, when confronted by a woman who says she is trafficing in underaged girls, would say, "Great idea, lets see how we can reduce your tax burden. Even the dumbest person, which you apparently think these women are, would run from such a scenario as fast as they can.

Now that I think about it, I am certain that the videos were not a parody. They were deliberately made to appeal to a group of non thinking, easily influenced people. People whose world view fits the ideas portrayed in the video.
90% of the world will see the video as a fraud. 10%, which apparently includes you, will fall for it hook, line and sinker.

jballscalls
09-10-2009, 01:32 PM
of course the video makers went to Fox, they actually knew some people would actually be watching that network.

46zilzal
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
of course the video makers went to Fox, they actually knew some people would actually be watching that network.
Come on they went to OUTRAGE central to get the most $$$$$$$$$$$

bigmack
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
90% of the world will see the video as a fraud. 10%, which apparently includes you, will fall for it hook, line and sinker.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/40/76670805_f662fce4e2_o.jpg

My guess is that you've opted to go with full cups rather than standard blinders.

Is there any derogatory information RE: your comrades you would be willing to buy?

Don't tell me the Van Jones videos were a fraud as well?

boxcar
09-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Come on they went to OUTRAGE central to get the most $$$$$$$$$$$

Whaddya got against good ol' fashioned capitalism? :lol: :lol: I'm sure that you, like Moore, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: give every single dollar away that you make under this "evil" capitalistic system. I'm also sure you're just like the poor widow in the temple who Jesus said gave her last cent - which was everything she had.

Boxcar

boxcar
09-10-2009, 03:00 PM
They are so obviously fake, although I don't know if they were made as a parody, or as propaganda.
First of all, they were shown on Fox.

Excellent choice! As someone here already pointed out, a lot of people will actually get to see them, since Fox is number one.

More important, everyone in them was a stereotype.

The heavyset black women who "worked for Acorn," the "Prostitute" with her short shorts and tube top, the wanna be congressman who is seen dressed as a pimp at the end of the second video.

Do you really think that an employee of any organization, when confronted by a woman who says she is trafficing in underaged girls, would say, "Great idea, lets see how we can reduce your tax burden. Even the dumbest person, which you apparently think these women are, would run from such a scenario as fast as they can.

C'mon, Mosty, even you can do better than this. What level of people do you expect to find in these "community organizing" organizations? Freakin' Einsteins? Virtuous, moral, upstanding human beings? :lol: :lol:

And besides all this, why wouldn't those ACORN nuts want to help poor, oppressed, misunderstood, struggling, downtrodden societal outcasts like that pimp and his HO? Isn't this what community organizing all about? Isn't this the warp 'n' woof of community orgainizing? Helping people to fight the system -- to beat the system -- to help them overcome the oppression of the system? I don't get it. What's your beef? Those two black women were helping their community. Making a contribution. Making a difference.

Moreover, isn't a win-win situation? The HO and her pimp get the advice they need and ACORN gets two new members, membership fees and probably Dimwit voters for life. What's wrong with a little quid pro quo? Very capitalistic of ACORN, too, I must say. :lol: :lol:

Now that I think about it, I am certain that the videos were not a parody. They were deliberately made to appeal to a group of non thinking, easily influenced people. People whose world view fits the ideas portrayed in the video. 90% of the world will see the video as a fraud. 10%, which apparently includes you, will fall for it hook, line and sinker.

Sure they were. Just like you're certain BO is as honest as the day is long.

Boxcar
P.S. I'm surprised they didn't come with an IRS tax code of "HO" for those two people. :eek: :eek: One would think that HO would be in there somewhere.

exactaplayer
09-10-2009, 03:12 PM
First of all, they were shown on Fox. More important, everyone in them was a stereotype. The heavyset black women who "worked for Acorn," the "Prostitute" with her short shorts and tube top, the wanna be congressman who is seen dressed as a pimp at the end of the second video.

Now that I think about it, I am certain that the videos were not a parody. They were deliberately made to appeal to a group of non thinking, easily influenced people. People whose world view fits the ideas portrayed in the video.
Excellent post sir,
This fills the void the tea-baggers and birthers and death panel kooks have been going through. Whoopee another cause for the little green men syndrome. :lol:

ddog
09-10-2009, 03:15 PM
I see no problem , this type of stimulus is sure cheaper than the money we have thrown at the banks.

Bring 'em on in.

Plenty of business for 'em.

All cash or barter business, no taxes , starve the beast, all good to me.

Tom
09-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Excellent post sir,
This fills the void the tea-baggers and birthers and death panel kooks have been going through. Whoopee another cause for the little green men syndrome. :lol:

Except that both of you offer nothing more than your own opinions, MP'S being partially absurd. He offers proof that it was shown of FOX and contains stereotypes! You have a really loose definition of proof if you consider either of those to be other than nonsense. He also babbles about 90% seeing through it, but so far, it being covered by FOX, WBAL radio and the WSJ.
I have not seen it nor read about it, but at this point, it would appear MP has offered nothing and you are swearing to it. It might be a hoax, I dunno.....but if/when it is proven to be one, it will not be by the kind of sloppy ratinal MP displays here. It will be with facts, someting you two seem to avoid as much as zilly does.

JustRalph
09-10-2009, 03:36 PM

You ever been to Charlotte? Dead on.........characterization..... :lol:

exactaplayer
09-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Except that both of you offer nothing more than your own opinions, MP'S being partially absurd. He offers proof that it was shown of FOX and contains stereotypes! You have a really loose definition of proof if you consider either of those to be other than nonsense. He also babbles about 90% seeing through it, but so far, it being covered by FOX, WBAL radio and the WSJ.
I have not seen it nor read about it, but at this point, it would appear MP has offered nothing and you are swearing to it. It might be a hoax, I dunno.....but if/when it is proven to be one, it will not be by the kind of sloppy ratinal MP displays here. It will be with facts, someting you two seem to avoid as much as zilly does.
I did notice in the other threads where i presented "facts" to prove you wrong you and Boxcar both suddenly went silent. Hang in there, the truth will set you free or maybe silence you.:D

Tom
09-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Where? Point me to the threads.

exactaplayer
09-10-2009, 04:23 PM
The health care thread where i proved you wrong in your contention regarding health care coverage. I also provided proof that the medical industry was spending millions of dollars in an attempt to defeat health care reform shutting down boxcar. I also questioned your hurry up comment regarding health care reform since it has been on the Democrats agenda since 1948. No matter when the truth comes out about this video you will find something else to jump on. For some reason or other you folks seem to jump on any hair brained scheme put forth by anyone and run with it until proven wrong. And there are some here who refuse to even give up when proven wrong.

toetoe
09-10-2009, 07:04 PM

Well, I bet it made you hop right off.

P.S. How are her ribs ? tt

juanepstein
09-10-2009, 07:22 PM

ACORN fires 2 after hidden-camera footage aired

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9AKO0I80&show_article=1

lsbets
09-10-2009, 07:38 PM
ACORN fires 2 after hidden-camera footage aired

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9AKO0I80&show_article=1

So basically, its true. I'm sure mostpost will excuse it somehow - the workers were fired, it was entrapment, something along those lines.

ACORN is as corrupt as any organization can be.

andymays
09-10-2009, 07:43 PM
So basically, its true. I'm sure mostpost will excuse it somehow - the workers were fired, it was entrapment, something along those lines.

ACORN is as corrupt as any organization can be.

And then some!

Warren Henry
09-10-2009, 07:47 PM

So, now what you think.

So, I guess my 10% was actually right?

How does the story grab you now Mr. Pontificator?

And, while we are at it, how does this synch with your idea of ACORN as a worthwhile organization?

Patiently waiting :kiss:

Warren Henry
09-10-2009, 07:50 PM
They are so obviously fake,

Certainly ups my respect for the relative intelligence of the ACORN employees.

According to Mostpost, they would be dumber than the dumbest person.

God, I love it :lol: :lol:

dutchboy
09-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I am really shocked that Keith Olberman has not mentioned this story on his show tonight. I think he may have an agenda or it is an act.

bigmack
09-10-2009, 09:08 PM

:lol:

But wait, 90% of the viewing audience would deem the video to be mendacious. :D

mostpost has every excuse at the ready for Alphonse Capone as well, given his proximity to Cicero.
I am really shocked that Keith Olberman has not mentioned this story on his show tonight. I think he may have an agenda or it is an act.
Don't be silly, Fox is the only biased news organization. :bang:

mostpost
09-10-2009, 10:25 PM
I stand by my opinion. The video is fake. It has been doctored. Tell me that it is impossible for the producers of the video to have gone into the Acorn office, asked for advice on a perfectly legitimate issue, then inserted questions that made it appear illegal. You never see the guy (James O'Keefe) as he is speakling and you only see his partner in crime for a short time. You hear him mention prostitution (off camera) but the ACORN woman never uses the word and doesn't even react. When the faux HO talks about the girls coming from El Salvador, she says she has arranged to take care of them, not that they will be working as underage prostitutes.
Again, the guy talks about them working as prostitutes, but always off camera. You can insert anything into a video nowadays, especially with the computer programs now available.
The link provided in Juanepsteins post was to an AP story. In that story it was stated that the same scam was attempted in three other ACORN offices.
This was clearly a case of James O'Keefe, who is identified as a "Conservative activist", using deception and lies to smear ACORN. 10% fell for it, 90% recognize fraud when they see it.

boxcar
09-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Certainly ups my respect for the relative intelligence of the ACORN employees.

According to Mostpost, they would be dumber than the dumbest person.

God, I love it :lol: :lol:

This is quote is absolutely precious from the Breitbart site:

Maryland ACORN board member Margaret Williams says in a statement the employees "did not meet ACORN's standards of professionalism."

:lol: :lol: One is led to wonder just what those standards would be. Probably along the lines of: They weren't smart enough to sniff out and avoid the sting. :rolleyes:

And how much does anyone want to bet those two morons were getting paid with taxpayer dollars?

Boxcar

boxcar
09-10-2009, 11:15 PM
I stand by my opinion. The video is fake. It has been doctored.

Hey, Mosty.....psst...That video was better vetted than Van Jones. The only thing that is a fake and a joke around here is you. You need to be doctored.

Boxcar

Warren Henry
09-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I stand by my opinion. The video is fake. It has been doctored. Tell me that it is impossible for the producers of the video to have gone into the Acorn office, asked for advice on a perfectly legitimate issue, then inserted questions that made it appear illegal. You never see the guy (James O'Keefe) as he is speakling and you only see his partner in crime for a short time. You hear him mention prostitution (off camera) but the ACORN woman never uses the word and doesn't even react. When the faux HO talks about the girls coming from El Salvador, she says she has arranged to take care of them, not that they will be working as underage prostitutes.
Again, the guy talks about them working as prostitutes, but always off camera. You can insert anything into a video nowadays, especially with the computer programs now available.
The link provided in Juanepsteins post was to an AP story. In that story it was stated that the same scam was attempted in three other ACORN offices.
This was clearly a case of James O'Keefe, who is identified as a "Conservative activist", using deception and lies to smear ACORN. 10% fell for it, 90% recognize fraud when they see it.
Go back and look at the tape again. I think you can find one of the ACORN employees telling the HO not to say that word, she makes a distinct point of telling the ho that she is a performance artist, not a prostitute.

I can't believe that even you can justify this when it is all over the news that the two women were fired by ACORN. If it was a made up or doctored tape, why would they be fired.

As far as attempting to smear ACORN, welcome to the party. Those are the rules your side played by for years. Sucks to be on the other side, doesn't it.

So, no apology to the 10%???

boxcar
09-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Go back and look at the tape again. I think you can find one of the ACORN employees telling the HO not to say that word, she makes a distinct point of telling the ho that she is a performance artist, not a prostitute.

I can't believe that even you can justify this when it is all over the news that the two women were fired by ACORN. If it was a made up or doctored tape, why would they be fired.

As far as attempting to smear ACORN, welcome to the party. Those are the rules your side played by for years. Sucks to be on the other side, doesn't it.

So, no apology to the 10%???

Are you kidding!? Mosty edited out all the incriminating stuff because his overworked, little brain couldn't process it. It's stuck on "smear" and "conspiracy".

The plain fact is this: Those two black women thought they were expert career counselors for the HO and Tax Cheats industries and they were stupid enough to get caught with their own panties down around their ankles.

Boxcar

bigmack
09-10-2009, 11:59 PM
I stand by my opinion. The video is fake. It has been doctored. Tell me that it is impossible for the producers of the video to have gone into the Acorn office, asked for advice on a perfectly legitimate issue, then inserted questions that made it appear illegal.
I've seen it time & time again. With sad regret, you're in need of a thorough and complete deprogramming. Have you a flat affectation?

Tom
09-11-2009, 08:02 AM
The health care thread where i proved you wrong in your contention regarding health care coverage. I also provided proof that the medical industry was spending millions of dollars in an attempt to defeat health care reform shutting down boxcar. I also questioned your hurry up comment regarding health care reform since it has been on the Democrats agenda since 1948. No matter when the truth comes out about this video you will find something else to jump on. For some reason or other you folks seem to jump on any hair brained scheme put forth by anyone and run with it until proven wrong. And there are some here who refuse to even give up when proven wrong.

You proved noting. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and think that.

Tom
09-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Hey, Mosty.....psst...That video was better vetted than Van Jones. The only thing that is a fake and a joke around here is you. You need to be doctored.

Boxcar

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome, back after a long hiatus, but already at 100%...........

BAGHDAD BOB!

cj's dad
09-11-2009, 09:43 AM
The head of the local Baltimore Acorn chapter was interviewed this AM on local TV - WBAL- and she stated that both workers had been terminated.

And all over a "fake" video.

DJofSD
09-11-2009, 12:03 PM
I've seen it time & time again. With sad regret, you're in need of a thorough and complete deprogramming. Have you a flat affectation?
Mackie, my take about mosty with the posty is there's nothing sadder than a person that looks but does not see.

boxcar
09-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Mackie, my take about mosty with the posty is there's nothing sadder than a person that looks but does not see.

How true, how true. There's none so blind who WILL not see.

Oh, but wait. This may not be entirely Mosty's fault. Maybe Big Gov took that option of seeing (understanding) away from people of Mosty's ilk. Maybe this is a Right the state has empowered itself with, in which case poor Mosty has no right to see things clearly because Big Gov has assumed that responsibility for him. Sigh...poor Mosty...

Boxcar

Tom
09-11-2009, 12:45 PM

You talking about my governor? :lol:

DJofSD
09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
How true, how true. There's none so blind who WILL not see.

Boxcar
Better stated.

mostpost
09-11-2009, 01:06 PM
A second video has been posted at Fox News. This one was taken in Washington D. C. It is much clearer than the Baltimore video. If it is not a fake it is very damning. The question is, is it damning to the individuals involved and/or to the ACORN organization?

DJofSD
09-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Well, let's see: 60 Minutes and MSNBC uses hidden cameras. Various state inspection agencies use hidden cameras. Even some PI's I have known in the past use them.

So, I guess the properly phrased question is it more telling about ACORN or your bias against political oppenents?

ddog
09-11-2009, 01:17 PM
acorn needs to get some street cred.... EVERYONE KNOWS REAL TRUE AMERICAN HOes RENT. :D

Now, if only the hidden camera vids would come out on CountryWide,The FED/FannieMay,BOFA,goldman,Treasury etc. etc.

SOmeday the truth will set you(some of you anyway) FREE!

I love how the million dollar scams are getting all the heat while the trillion dollar ones just go on and on and on.

I would rather see any pro in the "hood" than bush/bama/bernake/timmay you name them. :ThmbUp:

:lol: :lol:

mostpost
09-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Well, let's see: 60 Minutes and MSNBC uses hidden cameras. Various state inspection agencies use hidden cameras. Even some PI's I have known in the past use them.

So, I guess the properly phrased question is it more telling about ACORN or your bias against political oppenents?
The individuals I was referring to were the ACORN workers, not the camera people.

mostpost
09-11-2009, 03:26 PM
60 Minutes doesn't stage crimes and then try to involve others. Their hidden cameras are used to investigate wrongdoing that is already taking place. Similarly, when state agencies use hidden cameras it is in conection with an ongoing investigation and has been approved by a court. A state agency can't (and won't) walk into your home, throw a bundle of money down on your kitchen table and arrest you for accepting a bribe.
That is what Michael Moore....I mean James O'Keefe did in these videos.
There is absolutely no evidence that ACORN has a policy of encouraging prostitution. This was a scam and it caught a few workers in a good faith attempt to aid a client. They should have shown O'Keefe the door; they were foolish to not do so. In several other cases the ruse failed, which tells me that ACORN is not in the rent a pimp business.

JustRalph
09-11-2009, 03:33 PM
60 Minutes doesn't stage crimes and then try to involve others. Their hidden cameras are used to investigate wrongdoing that is already taking place. Similarly, when state agencies use hidden cameras it is in conection with an ongoing investigation and has been approved by a court. A state agency can't (and won't) walk into your home, throw a bundle of money down on your kitchen table and arrest you for accepting a bribe.
That is what Michael Moore....I mean James O'Keefe did in these videos.
There is absolutely no evidence that ACORN has a policy of encouraging prostitution. This was a scam and it caught a few workers in a good faith attempt to aid a client. They should have shown O'Keefe the door; they were foolish to not do so. In several other cases the ruse failed, which tells me that ACORN is not in the rent a pimp business.

you are so far gone your face print shows up on Obama's latest Colonoscopy

DJofSD
09-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Reposte of the year, JR.

Show Me the Wire
09-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Nobody staged a crime. It was like 60 Mins. ,etc. The producers sniffed out crime that was alreadt happening. The producers gave the ACORN folks an opportunity to chase the bait, just like 60 Mins. Unfortunately for Acorn, the Acorners took the bait, multiple times.

Tom
09-11-2009, 03:48 PM
This just in.......Breaking News

bigmack
09-11-2009, 04:14 PM
This was a scam and it caught a few workers in a good faith attempt to aid a client.
Beautiful. This garish affair was merely a good faith attempt to aid a client. :lol:

I just wish the footage included more of the actress. Her earrings are perfectly tawdry. Good casting, nice costumes. I give it: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

http://www.biggovernment.com/

bigmack
09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
UPDATE: Turns out she ain't just an actress. The whole gig was her idea.
You go girl!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/lastpic-1.jpg

andymays
09-11-2009, 04:28 PM
UPDATE: Turns out she ain't just an actress. The whole gig was her idea.
You go girl!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/lastpic-1.jpg

:ThmbUp:

ddog
09-11-2009, 04:33 PM
i will take the other side of that one!

Now we are going to see the starlet turn , eh.

Maybe her and Palin can do a variety show at 9:00.

ddog
09-11-2009, 05:08 PM
so, given these episodes of clear law breaking and all the other fraud/cheats and abuse from the last 10 years or so as shown by the complete lawless behavior of the previous two admins, do we now admit that this place is a lawless cesspool and that anyone that isn't in the fraud is a dope??

I think that's where it's at.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/14583

"A political national committee, the Chair of the Party convention, the Secretary of the Party, Party offices in each of fifty states, and maybe many – many more, have knowingly and wantonly defrauded the American election system and more than 300 million American citizens.

They plotted and planned an act of evil, unlawful, treacherous fraud in a blind quest for unbridled political power, and they hoped that you would never catch it. They almost got away with it too…

They snuck it past fifty state election commissions, congress, the US Supreme Court and Justice Department, the Federal Elections Commission and countless members of the Electoral College nationwide. Not a single member of the, as Limbaugh says, “drive-by media” caught it either, or if they did, they decided to become complicit for their own political reasons.

But as is always the case with liars, cheats and thieves, they slip up – make a silly mistake – overplay their hand – leave evidence lying around that they had forgotten about. And as with all chronic liars, they eventually get caught in their own web of lies.

Then, one day, someone stumbles into that evidence, and the house of cards comes crashing down around them. It’s almost poetic"

LIKE I SAID MANY WEEKS AGO, HE SHOULD BE IMPEACHED!

Where is the serious outrage!

boxcar
09-11-2009, 05:08 PM
you are so far gone your face print shows up on Obama's latest Colonoscopy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . You're well on your way to winning the Funniest Man of the Year Award.

Boxcar

boxcar
09-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Nobody staged a crime. It was like 60 Mins. ,etc. The producers sniffed out crime that was alreadt happening. The producers gave the ACORN folks an opportunity to chase the bait, just like 60 Mins. Unfortunately for Acorn, the Acorners took the bait, multiple times.

I know what happened: The Devil made the two stupid little Acorners do it! They never had a chance because devil was on the side of the two stingers. Life is so unfair.

Boxcar

boxcar
09-11-2009, 05:15 PM

A real cutie, ain't she? Those two moronic Acorners really never stood a chance with something like that sitting across from them. :D

Boxcar

andymays
09-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Breitbart.tv The B-Cast Live: Second Video Shows ACORN DC Office Helping Pimp & Prostitute

http://www.breitbart.tv/bcastlive/

boxcar
09-11-2009, 05:21 PM
so, given these episodes of clear law breaking and all the other fraud/cheats and abuse from the last 10 years or so as shown by the complete lawless behavior of the previous two admins, do we now admit that this place is a lawless cesspool and that anyone that isn't in the fraud is a dope??

I think that's where it's at.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/14583

"A political national committee, the Chair of the Party convention, the Secretary of the Party, Party offices in each of fifty states, and maybe many – many more, have knowingly and wantonly defrauded the American election system and more than 300 million American citizens.

They plotted and planned an act of evil, unlawful, treacherous fraud in a blind quest for unbridled political power, and they hoped that you would never catch it. They almost got away with it too…

They snuck it past fifty state election commissions, congress, the US Supreme Court and Justice Department, the Federal Elections Commission and countless members of the Electoral College nationwide. Not a single member of the, as Limbaugh says, “drive-by media” caught it either, or if they did, they decided to become complicit for their own political reasons.

But as is always the case with liars, cheats and thieves, they slip up – make a silly mistake – overplay their hand – leave evidence lying around that they had forgotten about. And as with all chronic liars, they eventually get caught in their own web of lies.

Then, one day, someone stumbles into that evidence, and the house of cards comes crashing down around them. It’s almost poetic"

LIKE I SAID MANY WEEKS AGO, HE SHOULD BE IMPEACHED!

Where is the serious outrage!

You're going to be there in D.C. tomorrow to express all that outrage, right? Not to mention all your stored up moral indignation of all these years, correcto? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

ddog
09-11-2009, 05:26 PM
You're going to be there in D.C. tomorrow to express all that outrage, right? Not to mention all your stored up moral indignation of all these years, correcto? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

sorry, i don't roll with the 9/12 group.

It's too much bought and paid for by corp elites.

They are being used.

There are other groups.

After a period of time, mine is up, you get tired of the b.s. from both sides.
Others have a longer fuse, that's fine.
Don't be fooled(again)!

P.S.

for those who do show, I salute them. Any help to stir the pot is fine by me.

You buy the group? Since you brought them in, you there?

mostpost
09-11-2009, 05:46 PM
I say again; none of this would have happened had not O'Keefe and Giles gone to the ACORN offices with a fictitious story and the intent of smearing ACORN, It doesn't matter what the ACORN workers did. The premise was false; therefore their actions are meaningless.

The important issue here is not possible misfeasance by one or two ACORN functionaries. It is the irrational, rabid hatred of ACORN by many here. What is the basis of that hatred. Pure and simple ACORN works effectively for causes which you abhor. Increased voter rolls and participation; fair wages, affordable housing, an end to predatory lending, better schools, power for the powerless. You know that if these reforms come to pass it will effect your hold on power. And you are terrified.

Another issue with the video is the inaccuracy or complete untruth of some of the printed statements.
Example: "ACORN received 53 Million in federal funds last year and could receive as much as 8.5 Billion through the Recovery Act.
According to the Heritage Foundation, which is no friend of liberal action groups, ACORN received a total of 31 million dollars from 1998 to 2008. Even that is not entirely accurate.
http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=17857&tx_irfaq_pi1[showUid]=161&tx_irfaq_pi1[back]=P2lkPTE3ODU3&cHash=3b5f677fec

ACORN does not receive nor apply for federal grants.
The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now does not apply for nor does it receive any federal grants.

ACORN has had contracts with other nonprofit organizations to perform work on projects which received federal grant support. For example, ACORN has received contracts to:

Identify families eligible to receive food stamps and assist them to apply.
Identify homeowners facing foreclosure and deliver them for housing counseling and loss mitigation services.
Provide lead paint remediation services to households with children living in older neighborhoods.
The contracts that ACORN receives on these projects are for delivering specific activities, all of which are tax-exempt qualified in accordance with federal grant guidelines. No payments are received until work product has been delivered.

None of ACORN's contracts to perform work on projects receiving federal grant money has provided funding for voter registration.

So, ACORN does receive funds from other organizations to perform specific tasks for those organizations. Some of those funds were provided through federal grants.

The video also said that ACORN would receive $8.5 Billion from the stimulus package. Some said that 20% of the money would go to ACORN. Totally false. From Media Matters:
http://mediamatters.org/research/200810010019?f=s_search

I realize that my posting the facts here will have no positive effect except to improve my typing skills. Tom will ignore at a mountain of facts and say I've proved nothing. DJofSD will look but will not see, and the others on the right will continue to be misled by those who do not have their best interests at heart.

Oh Yeah. Hannah Giles...Daughter of Doug Giles who writes a column at Townhall.com
The ACORN doesn't fall far from the tree. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ddog
09-11-2009, 05:55 PM
bhwaaaaahahaha

I guess their roster of duties should now include .....

tax fraud
child slavery
mtg fraud

fraud fraud fraud ......

with groups like this on their side the downtrodden and homeless , et.al. don't need enemies.

It seems the only good they may do is keep more criminals off the streets between the hours of 9-5.

Do you not see that the attempt to help someone game the system kills the system the Acorns should be supporting. Can neither side ever understand that?

I guess not anymore.

DJofSD
09-11-2009, 06:00 PM
What's got you so wound up, PostIt's?

You act all surprised there's political opposition to ACORN. Things have gotten to the point the other side of the political coin is getting up and doing something about it. You'd like to see it stop, wouldn't you. You must think political activism is the sole domain of the left. Sorry, wrong yet again.

Take some more meds. Relax. It'll all be over soon.

bigmack
09-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I say again; none of this would have happened had not O'Keefe and Giles gone to the ACORN offices with a fictitious story and the intent of smearing ACORN, It doesn't matter what the ACORN workers did. The premise was false; therefore their actions are meaningless.

Tell that to these guys that are serving time

http://www.racewire.org/archives/pedophile_1.jpg

The important issue here is not possible misfeasance by one or two ACORN functionaries. It is the irrational, rabid hatred of ACORN by many here. What is the basis of that hatred. Pure and simple ACORN works effectively for causes which you abhor. Increased voter rolls and participation; fair wages, affordable housing, an end to predatory lending, better schools, power for the powerless. You know that if these reforms come to pass it will effect your hold on power. And you are terrified.
A fella of your ilk engaging in thought police. What an eye-opener :rolleyes:

JustRalph
09-11-2009, 06:16 PM

Hysterical........down right Hysterical!!! If you weren't serious it would be even more funny............

The premise was false, so their actions are meaningless?

Incredible............By the Way........have your minions swing by Mike Wallace's office at 60 minutes and revoke the 20 Emmy Awards he earned doing the same thing........... :lol:

mostpost
09-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Tell that to these guys that are serving time

http://www.racewire.org/archives/pedophile_1.jpg

A fella of your ilk engaging in thought police. What an eye-opener :rolleyes:
I believe the picture is from the MSNBC series "to catch a predator." It does not prove your point, because the perps had already commiitted a crime by using the internet to arrange sex with minors. The sting was used to catch them. There is no proof that ACORN ever advised prostitutes prior to this event.

bigmack
09-11-2009, 06:49 PM
I believe the picture is from the MSNBC series "to catch a predator." It does not prove your point, because the perps had already commiitted a crime by using the internet to arrange sex with minors. The sting was used to catch them. There is no proof that ACORN ever advised prostitutes prior to this event.
Look ChaCha, rather than getting your panties in a bind over trying to win the Clarence Darrow Award for defense how 'bout you just see the absurdity of this dealio? It's just plain funny stuff.

In a week this will be a distant memory and you'll be defending some other 'model citizens' who just wanted to, how'd you say, "aid their clients" :lol:

schweitz
09-11-2009, 06:59 PM

The most unbelievable statement in off topic this year. By the way; the Census Bureau has just severed ties with ACORN for the 2010 census.
www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9ALCUJO0&show_article=1

newtothegame
09-11-2009, 07:15 PM

Another issue with the video is the inaccuracy or complete untruth of some of the printed statements.
Example: "ACORN received 53 Million in federal funds last year and could receive as much as 8.5 Billion through the Recovery Act.
According to the Heritage Foundation, which is no friend of liberal action groups, ACORN received a total of 31 million dollars from 1998 to 2008. Even that is not entirely accurate.
http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=17857&tx_irfaq_pi1[showUid]=161&tx_irfaq_pi1[back]=P2lkPTE3ODU3&cHash=3b5f677fec

So, ACORN does receive funds from other organizations to perform specific tasks for those organizations. Some of those funds were provided through federal grants.

The video also said that ACORN would receive $8.5 Billion from the stimulus package. Some said that 20% of the money would go to ACORN. Totally false. From Media Matters:
http://mediamatters.org/research/200810010019?f=s_search

I realize that my posting the facts here will have no positive effect except to improve my typing skills. Tom will ignore at a mountain of facts and say I've proved nothing. DJofSD will look but will not see, and the others on the right will continue to be misled by those who do not have their best interests at heart.

Oh Yeah. Hannah Giles...Daughter of Doug Giles who writes a column at Townhall.com
The ACORN doesn't fall far from the tree. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most....Ive got to tell you sir, that I am shocked that you could stand behind these people without realizing the true gist of the story. ACORN is a parasite on society. Period! Based on your rational, you would also have to say the series that dateline runs about "to catch a predator" would all be a sham too?
The facts are clear...two workers from acorn were caught attempting to break the law. It doesnt matter whether they were "given" the opportunity. What matters is they TOOK the opportunity. Everday in life, we are ALL given choices. We can either do the wrong thing, or the right thing. Acorn continually has its employees somehow caught on the WRONG side of decisions.
Why can't you just face what Acorn really is?
There have been far to MANY charges levelled against them. It would be wise for this administration, and all libs to seperate themselves as far as they can from this organization.

ArlJim78
09-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Most....Ive got to tell you sir, that I am shocked that you could stand behind these people without realizing the true gist of the story.
I'm not. It was a foregone conclusion.

boxcar
09-11-2009, 07:29 PM
The most unbelievable statement in off topic this year. By the way; the Census Bureau has just severed ties with ACORN for the 2010 census.
www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9ALCUJO0&show_article=1

This is truly unbelievable. In fact, my own disbelief in Mosty's steadfast refusal to see the plain truth for what it is doesn't adequately describe how I feel. Talk about utter denial when confronted with cold, hard UNDENIABLE facts.

Mosty, have you ever heard of sting operations? Do you know what they are? Do you know how they work? All this white couple did was go in and pretend to be in the prostitution biz and in need of some affordable housing and tax advice relative to that biz. If ACORN had been on the up and up, that couple would have been tossed out of the office in a hurry. You don't sit around playing footsies with people who just told you that they were out to break a bunch of laws. You distance yourself from these kinds of people ASAP. The mere fact that they didn't speaks volumes to the level of corruption in this organization.

My only regret about this operation was that they moved too quickly. A bunch of similar sting operations should have been set up nationwide and then after sting ring have a half dozen or so in the bag, then you blow the lid off a REALLY BIG story. As it is now, the MSM media at most will sweep this incident under the rug as being merely an isolated one. However, the good news is that there was actually a pretty big ACORN bust in Miami very recently involving 13 members of this organization. I believe it was voter fraud-related. Haven't had time to check into that story yet.

Boxcar

Warren Henry
09-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Mosty's defense of this event renders all of his other opinions meaningless. It is obvious that there is no basis for defending the Baltimore ACORN women or some of the other left leaning folks would be on here with him.

Most had finally proved that he will not see any wrongdoing on the part of the current administration or their cohorts - regardless of the circumstances or the weight of the proof.

Had he admitted that the sting was for real and attempted to defend the perps as an isolated set of scumbags in Baltimore, he would still have minor credibility. However, now, NADA.

boxcar
09-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I heard 13 members on the radio. But this news story says 11. However, this AP story is 2 days old, so this might account for the difference. Still in all, a pretty big bust.

http://www.examiner.com/x-6722-Miami-City-Buzz-Examiner~y2009m9d9-11-ACORN-members-in-MiamiDade-county-accused-of-falsifying-hundreds-of-voter-applications

Boxcar

andymays
09-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Hot Air Blog Archive Unbelievable: Maryland may prosecute O Keefe for shooting ACORN video

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/09/11/unbelievable-maryland-may-prosecute-okeefe-for-shooting-acorn-video/

Excerpt:

STATEMENT OF STATE’S ATTORNEYS OFFICE FOR BALTIMORE CITY RELATIVE TO THE ALLEGED BALTIMORE ACORN INCIDENT

Baltimore, MD – September 11, 2009 – We have received inquiries from citizens and the media asking whether the Baltimore City State’s Attorneys Office would initiate a criminal investigation for acts allegedly committed at ACORN offices located in Baltimore. The only information received in reference to this alleged criminal behavior was a YouTube video. Upon review by this office, the video appears to be incomplete. In addition, the audio portion could possibly have been obtained in violation of Maryland Law, Annotated Code of Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article §10-402, which requires two party consent.

If it is determined that the audio portion now being heard on YouTube was illegally obtained, it is also illegal under Maryland Law to willfully use or willfully disclose the content of said audio. The penalty for the unlawful interception, disclosure or use of it is a felony punishable up to 5 years.

boxcar
09-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Mosty's defense of this event renders all of his other opinions meaningless. It is obvious that there is no basis for defending the Baltimore ACORN women or some of the other left leaning folks would be on here with him.

Most had finally proved that he will not see any wrongdoing on the part of the current administration or their cohorts - regardless of the circumstances or the weight of the proof.

Had he admitted that the sting was for real and attempted to defend the perps as an isolated set of scumbags in Baltimore, he would still have minor credibility. However, now, NADA.

Mosty is like Clinton. Clinton never met a commie he didn't chummy up to. Likewise, Mosty never met a radical leftist -- person or organization -- with whom he didn't have an instant rapport.

But, Mosty, ACORN is going down. I smell it in the air. The Freepers, Fox and Glenn Beck all hint that there is a lot more to this little Baltimore sting operation. Supposedly, mucho, mucho hours of more video tape...I can only Hope; for assuredly, this will help usher in much needed Change.

Boxcar

JustRalph
09-11-2009, 09:26 PM
My only regret about this operation was that they moved too quickly. A bunch of similar sting operations should have been set up nationwide and then after sting ring have a half dozen or so in the bag, then you blow the lid off a REALLY BIG story. Boxcar

I just saw the undercover agents :lol: on Fox and they hinted more tapes to come.......

mostpost
09-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost

The most unbelievable statement in off topic this year

Unbelievable, but accurate.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549001,00.html
This excerpt is key:
But not all legal experts agreed that ACORN had committed a crime. Trial attorney Lee Armstong said that the employee had engaged in "repulsive ... disgusting behavior," but nothing illegal occurred because the entire scenario was a sham.

"For aiding and abetting tax evasion, for aiding and abetting child prostitution ... you need the actual crime," said Armstrong, an attorney for Jones Day in New York. "That's what's missing here."

Armstrong said that the videotape appeared to show the ACORN official hatching a conspiracy, but no violation occurred because the 25-year-old filmmaker was only "pretending" to be a 25-year-old pimp.

"You need an actual agreement between two people to commit a crime. If one person is just faking it, you don't have a meeting of the minds, you don't have a conspiracy," Armstrong told FOX News. "How do you clap with one hand?"

UNDERSTAND, I AM NOT SAYING WHAT THE ACORN WORKERS DID WAS RIGHT. I AM NOT SAYING THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FIRED. I AM NOT SAYING THAT WHAT THEY DID WAS SMART. I am arguing that it does not meet the legal definition of a crime as is stated by Mr. Lee Armstrong in the paragraphs above. I am not a legal expert (although I'm better than you guys :p :p :p :p :p :p ) but Mr Armstrong is. And he agrees with me.
Another Fox analist does not.

mostpost
09-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Look ChaCha, rather than getting your panties in a bind over trying to win the Clarence Darrow Award for defense how 'bout you just see the absurdity of this dealio? It's just plain funny stuff.

In a week this will be a distant memory and you'll be defending some other 'model citizens' who just wanted to, how'd you say, "aid their clients" :lol:
You are absolutely right. We both agree that it is absurd. We just have different reasons for thinking it's absurd, ChaCha

mostpost
09-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Most....Ive got to tell you sir, that I am shocked that you could stand behind these people without realizing the true gist of the story. ACORN is a parasite on society. Period! Based on your rational, you would also have to say the series that dateline runs about "to catch a predator" would all be a sham too?
The facts are clear...two workers from acorn were caught attempting to break the law. It doesnt matter whether they were "given" the opportunity. What matters is they TOOK the opportunity. Everday in life, we are ALL given choices. We can either do the wrong thing, or the right thing. Acorn continually has its employees somehow caught on the WRONG side of decisions.
There have been far to MANY charges levelled against them. It would be wise for this administration, and all libs to seperate themselves as far as they can from this organization.
Newt, my point was..... and I obviously failed to make it clear....my point was that MSNBC did not set up their operation to entice those men to have sex with minors. The men had already committed the crime by contacting minors for illicit purposes over the internet. In the ACORN case O'Keefe and Giles had no intention of starting a prostitution business. As I quoted from A Fox News story, without that intention the whole thing was an exerxise in what if.
I would like to answer your question, "Why can't you just face what ACORN really is?" And I will do so tomorrow.

newtothegame
09-12-2009, 03:34 AM
Newt, my point was..... and I obviously failed to make it clear....my point was that MSNBC did not set up their operation to entice those men to have sex with minors. The men had already committed the crime by contacting minors for illicit purposes over the internet. In the ACORN case O'Keefe and Giles had no intention of starting a prostitution business. As I quoted from A Fox News story, without that intention the whole thing was an exerxise in what if.
I would like to answer your question, "Why can't you just face what ACORN really is?" And I will do so tomorrow.

Actually most, I believe your wrong here. MSNBC did set up those operations. And if they didnt, they were a part of the stings by the police. In each of those taped programs by MSNBC, NO sex was going to happen. I mean the police were usually in the room next door while the camera rolled. The young lady (who posed as someone she wasnt) was NEVER going to have sex. So, in essence, isnt it the same thing? A sting is a sting. In both the ACORN case and the to catch a predator series, the INTENT was there. Now, the actual crime never took place in either.
Now I am no law expert, and nor do I proclaim to be. But, they both are a form of sting operations. The only difference I can see is one was held with actual police on the scene. Other then that, I don't see much of a difference. Law cases are tried DAILY based on intent. And either way, ACORN is nothing more then a parasite on society as I mentioned before in my opinion.

boxcar
09-12-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm not lawyer, but it seems that there would be a conspiracy issue here that would be prosecutable. ACORN conspired with the white couple to commit crimes.

Anyhow....law abiding taxpayers won a small battle with this sting operation, since the Census Bureau distanced themselves from ACORN posthaste. To them, at least, this expose was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Boxcar

DJofSD
09-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Just admit it Post Toasties, ACORN is just a bunch of scum bags sucking the government tit.

ddog
09-12-2009, 10:41 AM

"In the ACORN case O'Keefe and Giles had no intention of starting a prostitution business."

and Mr. Mason, Acorn knew this to be true HOW exactly??

Did they consult their palm reader or astrologer??? :lol:

So, with that out of the way, it would seem that Acorn is setup , at least in the case of these "locals", to do exactly what they were doing???

dutchboy
09-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost

Unbelievable, but accurate.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549001,00.html
This excerpt is key:
But not all legal experts agreed that ACORN had committed a crime. Trial attorney Lee Armstong said that the employee had engaged in "repulsive ... disgusting behavior," but nothing illegal occurred because the entire scenario was a sham.

"For aiding and abetting tax evasion, for aiding and abetting child prostitution ... you need the actual crime," said Armstrong, an attorney for Jones Day in New York. "That's what's missing here."

Armstrong said that the videotape appeared to show the ACORN official hatching a conspiracy, but no violation occurred because the 25-year-old filmmaker was only "pretending" to be a 25-year-old pimp.

"You need an actual agreement between two people to commit a crime. If one person is just faking it, you don't have a meeting of the minds, you don't have a conspiracy," Armstrong told FOX News. "How do you clap with one hand?"

UNDERSTAND, I AM NOT SAYING WHAT THE ACORN WORKERS DID WAS RIGHT. I AM NOT SAYING THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FIRED. I AM NOT SAYING THAT WHAT THEY DID WAS SMART. I am arguing that it does not meet the legal definition of a crime as is stated by Mr. Lee Armstrong in the paragraphs above. I am not a legal expert (although I'm better than you guys :p :p :p :p :p :p ) but Mr Armstrong is. And he agrees with me.
Another Fox analist does not.

Maybe the Acorn employee should have been fired for being dumb. 4 minutes in to the video she asks how much the income was. When told it was 8,000 a month the Acorn employee says that would be 96 hundred a year. Must not teach math in the projects.

boxcar
09-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Maybe the Acorn employee should have been fired for being dumb. 4 minutes in to the video she asks how much the income was. When told it was 8,000 a month the Acorn employee says that would be 96 hundred a year. Must not teach math in the projects.

Dumb on many levels! But isn't this dubious quality a prerequisite for becoming a Marxist drone?

Boxcar

Tom
09-12-2009, 03:05 PM
That's the one who gave Obama the cost figures for his HC bill! :lol:

mostpost
09-12-2009, 06:36 PM

Your perception of ACORN is based on biased and mostly inaccurate reporting. This biased reporting is being done primarily by conservative blogs and websites. Since this appears to be where most here get their new, their opinions would be suspect.
Most of the suspicions about ACORN centered on voter registration fraud. The conservative blogs and websites have numerous stories about ACORN turning in fraudulent or incomplete voter registration cards. They accuse ACORN of trying to fix elections. There are a few things they don't tell you.

First, ACORN is required by law to turn in EVERY registration card which has been filled out. It does not matter if the card has been filled out properly, or if the person filling it out has already been registered, or if Bugs Bunny is the potential voter.
These conservative websites and blogs deliberately leave the impression that it is the local election officials who discover the fraudulent voter registration cards after ACORN has attempted to pass them off as legitmate. This is untrue. ACORN itself checks the cards and FLAGS any that do not pass their quality control standards. That is the second thing the conservative blogs and websites fail to mention.

The conservative blogs and websites also neglect to tell you that ACORN has
fully cooperated with any voter fraud investigation and has provided names and information on workers who have turned in fraudulent cards.

No persons voted illegally because of ACORN supplied voter registrations.
You would never know that by reading conservative blogs. ACORN has never been charged in any cases of voter fraud, but an unnamed official of the Bush justice department leaked that ACORN was under investigation. In fact no such investigation was taking place.

So Newt, you ask why I can't see what ACORN really is?
What I see is an organization with flaws, but an organization which is working for people who have little; working to give those people a chance and a voice.

dartman51
09-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Mostpost, are you a member or an employee of ACORN??? :confused:

dartman51
09-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I guess another question would be, do you ever read anything other than the posts here, or the LIBERAL RANT AND RAVE DAILY??:confused:

dartman51
09-12-2009, 07:20 PM
First, ACORN is required by law to turn in EVERY registration card which has been filled out. It does not matter if the card has been filled out properly, or if the person filling it out has already been registered, or if Bugs Bunny is the potential voter.
These conservative websites and blogs deliberately leave the impression that it is the local election officials who discover the fraudulent voter registration cards after ACORN has attempted to pass them off as legitmate. This is untrue. ACORN itself checks the cards and FLAGS any that do not pass their quality control standards. That is the second thing the conservative blogs and websites fail to mention.

The conservative blogs and websites also neglect to tell you that ACORN has fully cooperated with any voter fraud investigation and has provided names and information on workers who have turned in fraudulent cards.

No persons voted illegally because of ACORN supplied voter registrations.
You would never know that by reading conservative blogs. ACORN has never been charged in any cases of voter fraud, but an unnamed official of the Bush justice department leaked that ACORN was under investigation. In fact no such investigation was taking place.

So Newt, you ask why I can't see what ACORN really is?
What I see is an organization with flaws, but an organization which is working for people who have little; working to give those people a chance and a voice.

From MAY this year:
On Monday, Nevada officials charged Acorn, its regional director and its Las Vegas field director with submitting thousands of fraudulent voter registration forms last year. Larry Lomax, the registrar of voters in Las Vegas, says he believes 48% of Acorn's forms "are clearly fraudulent." ( I don't beleive Larry Lomax works for ACORN) On Thursday, prosecutors in Pittsburgh, Pa., also charged seven Acorn employees with filing hundreds of fraudulent voter registrations before last year's general election.

Acorn spokesman Scott Levenson calls the Nevada criminal complaint "political grandstanding" and says that any problems were the actions of an unnamed "bad employee." But Catherine Cortez Masto, Nevada's Democratic Attorney General, told the Las Vegas Sun that Acorn itself is named in the criminal complaint. (I don't beleive she is a RIGHT WING NUT) She says that Acorn's training manuals "clearly detail, condone and . . . require illegal acts," such as requiring its workers to meet strict voter-registration targets to keep their jobs.

Other Democrats on the ground have complaints. Fred Voight, deputy election commissioner in Philadelphia, protested after Acorn (according to the registrar of voters and his own investigation) submitted at least 1,500 fraudulent registrations last fall. " (Gee, another ACORN NON-EMPLOYEE, must be a RIGHT WING NUT) This has been going on for a number of years," he told CNN in October. St. Louis Democrat Matthew Potter, the city's deputy elections director, had similar complaints.

What really amazes me, is that someone who CLAIMS to be so HIP on the political scene, and knows the inner workings of EVERY liberal group, and EVEN able to read the minds of their leaders, and their INTENT. You certainly come off as awfully UNEDUCATED. :confused:

Tom
09-12-2009, 08:24 PM
ACORN is under investigation and indictment all over for those cards they turned in. It is being reported mostly on certain stations because the TRUTH would hurt Obama and there will not be seen on NBC, CNN, PMSNBC, etc.

But please, do not stop your ranting - with Baghdad Bob gone, we have so little genuine reality humor, you fill a void for us! :lol:

boxcar
09-12-2009, 08:36 PM
And as I just pointed out yesterday, 11 to 13 more Acorn Nuts were arrested and charged with voter fraud in Miami. God only knows how Mosty cannot believe that a commie organization like this one can be so on-the-up. Boggles the mind of rational people.

Boxcar

boxcar
09-12-2009, 08:37 PM
I guess another question would be, do you ever read anything other than the posts here, or the LIBERAL RANT AND RAVE DAILY??:confused:

And, Mosty, what's your handle on the DU?

Boxcar

Pell Mell
09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Why are you guys fighting this losing battle? Liberalism is a mental disease and there is no help for them. The problem is that the most prominent feature of this disease is a compulsion to force it upon others. Until everyone is afflicted, or they themselves are destroyed, there can be no peace.

Of the options offered I prefer destroying them:rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Mosty's defense of this event renders all of his other opinions meaningless.Maybe robert99 will chime in and bless us with another of his "you have no credibility" rants towards mostpost...or am I the only one worthy enough of that special award? :lol:

JustRalph
09-13-2009, 06:27 PM
You really have to bring back that rating system............

NJ Stinks
09-13-2009, 06:55 PM
You really have to bring back that rating system............

If so, Most is about 99 for 100. :ThmbUp: And that's only because he couldn't believe anybody could be that dumb....

boxcar
09-13-2009, 07:00 PM
If so, Most is about 99 for 100. :ThmbUp: And that's only because he couldn't believe anybody could be that dumb....

The mere fact that people, like you and Mosty, subscribe to statist ideology renders your very take on degrees of dumbness as being dumber than dumb.

Boxcar

Warren Henry
09-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Most started out insisting that it wasn't true and that anyone who thought so was dumb. Then when it became obvious that it was true, he switched to saying it didn't count because there was no actual crime committed and that it would never have happened if it hadn't been for those nasty sting folks. Then he even went so far as to justify the ACORN folks actions as just "trying to help out".

Either the Kool-Aid has already completely take over his brain, or he is one very stubborn dude, or he is dumber than he accused me of being. Take your pick.

BTW, Your rating him at 99 of 100 is hardly unbiased. I put him much closer to zero, but will admit that I have some bias too :)

Tom
09-13-2009, 09:52 PM
BTW, Your rating him at 99 of 100 is hardly unbiased. I put him much closer to zero, but will admit that I have some bias too :)

I put at postage due.

Warren Henry
09-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I put at postage due.
Tom, Actually, I agree with you, but in the interest of more genteel discourse, I was trying to be nice :lol: :lol:

mostpost
09-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Being modest, I would say I'm closer to 90 for 100. But that's only here. In real life, against real opponents, I'm hovering around the Mendoza line. :D

mostpost
09-14-2009, 01:00 AM
The mere fact that people, like you and Mosty, subscribe to statist ideology renders your very take on degrees of dumbness as being dumber than dumb.

Boxcar
Whenever I start to doubt myself, I look to see that Boxcar disagrees with me. Then I feel better.

Tom
09-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Being modest, I would say I'm closer to 90 for 100. But that's only here. In real life, against real opponents, I'm hovering around the Mendoza line. :D

But that is on the Claven scale.

DJofSD
09-14-2009, 09:28 AM
But that is on the Claven scale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=botdmsQilnU

cj's dad
09-14-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=botdmsQilnU

One of the funniest moments in sitcom history IMO.

Thanks

boxcar
09-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Btw, Y'all -- Mr. G. Beck sez the "best" (i.e. the worst) is yet to come with ACORN -- that we ain't seen nuttin' yet. I think either on his show tonight or tomorrow night the really big bomb will be dropped.

And we should remember about this organization, of which BO was a card-carrying member of, is that he promised ACORN specifically just to prior to his inauguration that they would have his ear in the White House -- that they would play a big part in helping him change America -- that he wanted their input into policies.

And we should also remember that ACORN is the sister organization to SEIU to which BO was also a member.

Things could get really interesting very shortly...

Boxcar

DJofSD
09-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Are we going to get an explanation from Gibbs as to exactly what BO meant by the 'have an ear' statement?

Seems like it's time to clarify exactly what avenues ACORN has into the oval office.

ddog
09-14-2009, 12:40 PM
this group should be shutdown and under investigation, any and all pending "projects"(read SCAMS) they are involved in that have ANY fed OR STATE funding should be STOPPED NOW!

Now, for those of you who whoop it up over this obviously corrupt bunch, there are a ton of banksters/real estate fraudsters/wall street frauds/rip off - scammers ,not to mention the corrupt rating agencies that should also be shutdown and investigations should have started on those cons many many months ago.

Is this guberment actually a felonious actor ?

I think so.

The whole place is shot through with corruption. No free nation can survive the type of abuse/fraud that has been done in the last 7-10 years.
I have seen a lot , but the scale of fraud and the apparent acceptance as long as it benefits ME and penetration into all corners of society is astounding.

The fraud is accelerating. We are trying to fraud our way into another bubble.

A fish rots from the head down.

acorn54
09-14-2009, 01:06 PM
i think it was old man rockerfella who said "we don't care who is in power as l ong as we keep our wealth."
this banter about repubs being better than dems or dems being better than repubs is all pap. at the end of the day the oligarchy in this country goes laughing all the way to bank.

boxcar
09-14-2009, 01:17 PM
i think it was old man rockerfella who said "we don't care who is in power as l ong as we keep our wealth."
this banter about repubs being better than dems or dems being better than repubs is all pap. at the end of the day the oligarchy in this country goes laughing all the way to bank.

Another man who gets it. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
09-14-2009, 02:07 PM
I cannot understand why people say the parties are the same.
Who were the corrupt Republican counterparts to Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Dodd, Frank, ACORN, etc. While I am greatly disappointed with many Republicans (including my own congressman), Democrats are simply off the charts in comparison. On my scale with 100 being perfect, I rate Republicans on average at 60%, Democrats at 5%. Yes there is corruption all around in both parties, but let's try to keep some perspective.

ddog
09-14-2009, 02:18 PM
lost lost lost in DEEP SPACE!!!

to give only a 60 to a party that has as it's main reason to exist a moral outlook and a conservative approach to guberment.

Well, that should tell you something right there.

I would place them at 25 with the dims at NEGATIVE 5. :D

the pug pols and their supporters HAVE A BROTHEL SET UP IN WASH , its been in the news?

boxcar
09-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Who were the corrupt Republican counterparts to Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Dodd, Frank, ACORN, etc. While I am greatly disappointed with many Republicans (including my own congressman), Democrats are simply off the charts in comparison. On my scale with 100 being perfect, I rate Republicans on average at 60%, Democrats at 5%. Yes there is corruption all around in both parties, but let's try to keep some perspective.

I have long maintained that the Dems are the Party of Evil, while the Repubs are the Party of Stupid. Therefore, both parties are destroying this country. I saw this day coming over 15 years ago when I became too ashamed any longer to call myself a "Republican". That's when I dropped that label and became an Independent. Far too many Republicans no longer subscribe to conservative principles. They have abandoned their base. They find it a lot easier to assume virtually the same role as Dems. The parties have become virtually indistinguishable; therefore both disgust me equally.

Boxcar

mostpost
09-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Who were the corrupt Republican counterparts to Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Dodd, Frank, ACORN, etc
Click on the link for 46 answers to your question. (I did not include Arnold as that was an allegation)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Republican+pedophiles

And here is a more complete list:
http://www.republicanoffenders.com/
A lot of names there. The moere well known include:
George Ryan (Il. Gov).......Jack Abramoff (Lobbyist)....Duke Cunningham (Ca. congressman).....Bob Ney (Oh. Congressman)......Larry Craig (Id. Sen). .....Tom Delay (Tx. Congressman).....Rush Limbaugh (Radio blowhard)...
Scooter Libby (White House official).....Bob Taft (On. governor)

60% to 5% ???? Be serious :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Tom
09-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Seems like it's time to clarify exactly what avenues ACORN has into the oval office.

I95

Tom
09-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Hey Cliffie, a THIRD TAPE has emerged!
It owould have been released Friday but it was delayed in the mail. :lol:

delayjf
09-14-2009, 03:46 PM

So if I unknowningly solicite prostitution from an undercover cop, I can get the case thrown out of court - because the cop really had no intention of actually having sex with me??? BRILLIANT. :jump:

boxcar
09-14-2009, 04:33 PM
So if I unknowningly solicite prostitution from an undercover cop, I can get the case thrown out of court - because the cop really had no intention of actually having sex with me??? BRILLIANT. :jump:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yup, that describes Mosty. He shines as brightly as a burnt out bulb.

Boxcar

mostpost
09-14-2009, 05:27 PM
No, because the crime consists of paying someone to have sex with you. Once you have handed the money to the cop, it is established that YOU thought the agreement had been reached. A contract between you and the prostitute (cop) had been concluded. Now you could probably get your money back since the cop (prostitute) breached the contract, but I think your trial would still go on. Good Luck finding a sympathetic jury. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding!!

You're going to ask me. "What is the difference between the case above and the ACORN case?"
In the ACORN case, we know that O'Keefe and Giles did not intend to go into the prostitution business. We know that ACORN did not provide a location for K & G to indulge in prostitution; they did not Bankroll the business. They did provide tax advice and advice on choosing a location. And advice on how to do their books so as to minimize their tax liability. This is the same thing an accountant would do for any business client.

No prostitution has taken place at the time of the meeting. Do you expect ACORN to call the authorities and tell them a crime may take place sometime in the future at an unknown place?
ONCE AGAIN LET ME SAY, IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, WHAT THE ACORN WORKERS DID WAS STUPID, IT WAS NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO, AND THEY SHOULD BE FIRED; BUT IT WAS NOT ILLEGAL.

DJofSD
09-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Let me know when you plan to attend law school.

Warren Henry
09-14-2009, 06:03 PM
No, because the crime consists of paying someone to have sex with you. Once you have handed the money to the cop, it is established that YOU thought the agreement had been reached. A contract between you and the prostitute (cop) had been concluded. Now you could probably get your money back since the cop (prostitute) breached the contract, but I think your trial would still go on. Good Luck finding a sympathetic jury. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding!!

You're going to ask me. "What is the difference between the case above and the ACORN case?"
In the ACORN case, we know that O'Keefe and Giles did not intend to go into the prostitution business. We know that ACORN did not provide a location for K & G to indulge in prostitution; they did not Bankroll the business. They did provide tax advice and advice on choosing a location. And advice on how to do their books so as to minimize their tax liability. This is the same thing an accountant would do for any business client.

No prostitution has taken place at the time of the meeting. Do you expect ACORN to call the authorities and tell them a crime may take place sometime in the future at an unknown place?
ONCE AGAIN LET ME SAY, IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, WHAT THE ACORN WORKERS DID WAS STUPID, IT WAS NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO, AND THEY SHOULD BE FIRED; BUT IT WAS NOT ILLEGAL.

The point is that the ACORN workers acted in a totally unacceptable manner. Perhaps not strictly illegal, but more negative than just stupid. I feel that they are/were scum. I also feel that there is ample evidence that they typical representatives of the organization.

The ACORN workers seemed to be morally fine with the proposed activities. And they did give advice on how to minimize the possibility of being caught in the illegal activities. What they did was NOT what any legitimate accountant would do in advising a client. My accountant (who was a personal friend) would not allow me to even discuss the possibility of doing something illegal.

Mosty is still trying to rationalize the fact that he was stupid enough to believe that it was a made up video. He is still defending the actions of a scumbag organization.

To repeat what I posted earlier, Mostpost seems to be in favor of smuggling in children for slave labor as prostitutes. Also in favor of tax evasion, money laundering, illegal campaign contributions etc. But probably only if done by someone leaning left.

DJofSD
09-14-2009, 06:09 PM
The point is that the ACORN workers acted in a totally unacceptable manner. Perhaps not strictly illegal, but more negative than just stupid. I feel that they are/were scum. I also feel that there is ample evidence that they typical representatives of the organization.

The ACORN workers seemed to be morally fine with the proposed activities. And they did give advice on how to minimize the possibility of being caught in the illegal activities. What they did was NOT what any legitimate accountant would do in advising a client. My accountant (who was a personal friend) would not allow me to even discuss the possibility of doing something illegal.

Mosty is still trying to rationalize the fact that he was stupid enough to believe that it was a made up video. He is still defending the actions of a scumbag organization.

To repeat what I posted earlier, Mostpost seems to be in favor of smuggling in children for slave labor as prostitutes. Also in favor of tax evasion, money laundering, illegal campaign contributions etc. But probably only if done by someone leaning left.
Right. Yes. I agree. No argument here.

What is not understood is what is called a conspiracy. Is simple terms, it is a crime to plan a crime or to engage in any kind of activity that would result in a crime.

mostpost
09-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Let me know when you plan to attend law school.
Let me know when you plan to post something substantive. Let me know when you have an intelligent argument to present, instead of a snide remark.

boxcar
09-14-2009, 06:12 PM

In a sting operation when two parties CONSPIRE to break laws, then I would think that such conspiracy itself would constitute an illegal activity.

Boxcar

andymays
09-14-2009, 06:19 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/09/14/breaking-senate-votes-to-cut-off-federal-funding-for-acorn/

Breaking: Senate votes to cut off federal funding for ACORN

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
09-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Let me know when you plan to post something substantive. Let me know when you have an intelligent argument to present, instead of a snide remark.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's like the pot calling the kettle black.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2009, 07:17 PM
First of all, they were shown on Fox. More important, everyone in them was a stereotype. The heavyset black women who "worked for Acorn," the "Prostitute" with her short shorts and tube top, the wanna be congressman who is seen dressed as a pimp at the end of the second video.Dude, seriously. You blew it. Bad call. It happens to all of us.

Those are your words quoted above.

You were wrong.

Just cut your losses and move on like the rest of us.

PS. I love the "worked for Acorn" part...at least you got that right...

mostpost
09-14-2009, 07:32 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/09/14/breaking-senate-votes-to-cut-off-federal-funding-for-acorn/

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
Grandstanding. ACORN does not receive nor apply for Federal Funding.
From their website:
ACORN And Federal Funding

Does ACORN Recieve Federal Funding?

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now does not apply for nor does it receive any federal grants.

ACORN has had contracts with other nonprofit organizations to perform work on projects which received federal grant support. For example, ACORN has received contracts to:

Identify families eligible to receive food stamps and assist them to apply.
Identify homeowners facing foreclosure and deliver them for housing counseling and loss mitigation services.
Provide lead paint remediation services to households with children living in older neighborhoods.
The contracts that ACORN receives on these projects are for delivering specific activities, all of which are tax-exempt qualified in accordance with federal grant guidelines. No payments are received until work product has been delivered.

None of ACORN's contracts to perform work on projects receiving federal grant money has provided funding for voter registration.

If they do not receive Federal Funding, how can Congress stop giving it to them. It seems like Sen. Johanns and those who voted for his amendment are
just trying to make political hay

andymays
09-14-2009, 07:36 PM
From their website:

If they do not receive Federal Funding, how can Congress stop giving it to them. It seems like Sen. Johanns and those who voted for his amendment are

C'mon Most, how can you defend Acorn and what they do?

I know it will kill you but how about a "way to go" for Fox News and Glen Beck? :ThmbUp:

mostpost
09-14-2009, 08:08 PM
From their website:

Truth in advertising department:
The Johanns amendment DOES say direct and indirect funding

boxcar
09-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Now the $64. question becomes: When will BO throw ACORN, which is one of his mentoring organizations, under the bus? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

mostpost
09-14-2009, 08:17 PM
C'mon Most, how can you defend Acorn and what they do?

I know it will kill you but how about a "way to go" for Fox News and Glen Beck? :ThmbUp:
There are two issues here. The immediate one of ACORN and the HO.
On that one I have stated IN CAPITAL LETTERS that my initial feeling was incorrect and that ACORN workers did indeed act irresonsibly. I still don't know whether their actions rose to the level of criminal. Since there are other, expert opinions that agree with me, do I not have right to my opinion?

The other issue is what does ACORN do? They work to help those who have no power in our society. No wonder they have incurred the wrath of the Radical right.

As for Beck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2009, 08:28 PM
As for Beck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Unfortunately for you and your kind, it appears you have failed to marginalize Beck (at least up until this point), no matter how many emoticons you use.

andymays
09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
There are two issues here. The immediate one of ACORN and the HO.
On that one I have stated IN CAPITAL LETTERS that my initial feeling was incorrect and that ACORN workers did indeed act irresonsibly. I still don't know whether their actions rose to the level of criminal. Since there are other, expert opinions that agree with me, do I not have right to my opinion?

The other issue is what does ACORN do? They work to help those who have no power in our society. No wonder they have incurred the wrath of the Radical right.

As for Beck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you really believe that is their agenda?

You may not like Beck's personality but he is doing some great investigative reporting. He's also making a point on just about every show to bring in fair minded Democrats to help eliminate corruption on both sides!

mostpost
09-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Do you really believe that is their agenda?

You may not like Beck's personality but he is doing some great investigative reporting. He's also making a point on just about every show to bring in fair minded Democrats to help eliminate corruption on both sides!
I do not expect to convince you.

Show Me the Wire
09-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Get ready Mostpost. A new ACORN video containing more explosive material than condoning prositution, white slavery (underage girls forced to work as prostitutes), tax fraud and tax evasion will be aired tomorrow.

Imagine something more shattering than condoning white slavery, prostitution, tax fraud and tax evasion. What can it be? :mad:

Tom
09-14-2009, 09:36 PM
You know what we need here?
An electric button.
KZag1zlecGI&feature=related

acorn54
09-15-2009, 12:48 AM

why are the parties the same you ask.
because the politicians in both parties do the bidding of the lobbyists that bankroll their campaign coffers, they do not represent you and me.

cj's dad
09-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Glen Beck announced this evening that there is another tape being released later today (Tuesday) that will blow the others away.

cj's dad
09-15-2009, 01:57 AM
why are the parties the same you ask.
because the politicians in both parties do the bidding of the lobbyists that bankroll their campaign coffers, they do not represent you and me.

The parties are the same in regard to following the lead of special interest groups. It is your choice as to which party best reflects your point of view.

If, in your opinion, neither does, then you have other options.

IMO, it is ludicrous to state that there is no difference between the 2 major parties.

To wit:
Abortion-Gay marriage-tax structure-defense spending-capitalism-death penalty; I think you see my point!!

nalley0710
09-15-2009, 04:40 AM
Is ACORN in Columbus, Ohio ? We could use some brothels here.

GaryG
09-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Yesterday the senate voted to cut off ACORN's funding from HUD. No more grants to enable the "disadvantaged" to screw the system. They have received $53 mil since 1994. ACORN is not worried though. The HMFIC claims that most of their money comes from private donations and grants. Dig a little deeper you rich liberals.

newtothegame
09-15-2009, 09:12 AM
From their website:

Ummm most...you might want to do a little research and NOT trust what acorns site says.....hows this link?

ACORN: Taxpayer Seed Money Underwriting Corruption and Voter Fraud?
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
By: Leslie K. Paige

Wastewatcher, October 2008

Voter registration and vote fraud is once again front and center as November 4 approaches. As in previous elections, the Association of Community Organization for Reform Now, or ACORN, is at the center of political and legal storms.

Along with one of its partners, Project Vote, ACORN claimed on October 6, 2008 that it had registered 1.3 million new voters. But, according to an October 24, 2008 New York Times article, Project Vote’s executive director has been forced to publicly downgrade that number to closer to 450,000. Roughly 400,000 of the ballyhooed 1.3 million new registrants turned out to have been bogus, duplicative, incomplete, and just out-and-out absurd, such as registrants named Mickey Mouse and the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team. As a result of its controversial activities, ACORN has come under intense scrutiny.

The New York Times also reported on October 22, 2008 that an internal investigation related to ACORN’s use of charitable donations by a lawyer hired by ACORN itself has raised questions about whether the organization and its impenetrable web of 174 interconnected affiliates have violated federal law. Since ACORN had little in the way of documentation for its expenditures, the internal report speculates that some of its charitable donations may have been using for lobbying, a violation of federal law.

House Republican Leader John Boehner’s (R-Ohio) office searched the Federal Register and reported on October 16, 2008 that between 1998 and 2008 ACORN received $31 million in federal grants through 54 different grant programs and 11 federal agencies. That figure does not include monies received from state and local entities, financial support going back decades from the now-defunct Fannie Mae Foundation, and other nonprofit groups such as the Tides Foundation and Catholic charities.

http://www.cagw.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=11668

more interesting at the link....
But, this is just one link showing that Acorn does in fact recieve Federal Monies....

wes
09-15-2009, 11:03 AM
http://www.webcommentary.com/php/ShowArticle.php?id=zieves&date=090914

Acorn

wes

ddog
09-15-2009, 11:43 AM
From their website:

The info you posted admits they use fed funding/grants at an 'arms length".

They were also in the process of applying for bama's free cash.

boxcar
09-15-2009, 11:51 AM
My wife and I were talking yesterday about ACORN and the upcoming big bomb story that will be aired tonight on FNC. We were wondering what in the world could be bigger than underage sex slave prostitution rings??? Wifey said: "Murder". "Murder would be bigger than prostitution rings." She nailed it perfectly. Listen to Beck tonight.

Boxcar

ddog
09-15-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope they have "the goods" on some of the house pukes that pass for reps.

I know at least half that place is DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY and could be convicted of crimes of all sorts if only we could get some light into that place.

I pray they have some of these criminals on tape or taps.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZEEEEEEE GOD!!!!!

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Are there ANY Joe Wilson types that will call a spade a spade where the rubber meets the road?

DO ANY of them have the guts and understand the patriotic duty they HAVE to rat out these POS SCUMBAG MF'ers???

DO ANY OF YOU HAVE A DECENT BONE IN YOUR BODY!!!!!!!

DJofSD
09-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I know at least half that place is DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY and could be convicted of crimes of all sorts if only we could get some light into that place.
Why do I think of cock roaches when I read that?

boxcar
09-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Why do I think of cock roaches when I read that?

Comparing politicians to cockroaches is insulting to all roaches. Shame on you.

Boxcar

mostpost
09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
To Newtothegame and ddog:
It is correct that ACORN does not receive direct federal funds. It is also correct that they receive federal money indirectly through contracts with organizations that so receive federal funds. I never denied that. My point was
Senator Johanns amendment was meaningless. However, upon actually reading the amendment, I saw that both direct and indirect funding would be prohibited. You know the old saying, "When all else fails, read the directions"

cj's dad
09-15-2009, 12:50 PM
To Newtothegame and ddog:
It is correct that ACORN does not receive direct federal funds. It is also correct that they receive federal money indirectly through contracts with organizations that so receive federal funds. I never denied that. My point was
Senator Johanns amendment was meaningless. However, upon actually reading the amendment, I saw that both direct and indirect funding would be prohibited. You know the old saying, "When all else fails, read the directions"

That would help you avoid future Cliff Claven moments;

NOT !!

dartman51
09-15-2009, 01:03 PM
I hope they have "the goods" on some of the house pukes that pass for reps.

I pray they have some of these criminals on tape or taps.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZEEEEEEE GOD!!!!!

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Are there ANY Joe Wilson types that will call a spade a spade where the rubber meets the road?

DO ANY of them have the guts and understand the patriotic duty they HAVE to rat out these POS SCUMBAG MF'ers???

DO ANY OF YOU HAVE A DECENT BONE IN YOUR BODY!!!!!!!

Take it easy using the SPADE comment. Slewis will be calling you a racist.:D

ddog
09-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Comparing politicians to cockroaches is insulting to all roaches. Shame on you.

Boxcar

right roaches TAKE OUT THE TRASH, these clowns ARE THE TRASH!!!

ArlJim78
09-15-2009, 02:21 PM
stay tuned to Beck and Big Government.com this afternoon.

they're rolling out another ACORN video blockbuster (http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/292323.php).:eek:
I wonder how long Past Tense Media will ignore these stories?

"Here's what you'll find - the latest video sting of ACORN. This one in a San Bernardino ACORN office where the employee can't talk fast enough about the connections they have to politicians (naming them by name) and even an admission of murder."

Show Me the Wire
09-15-2009, 02:25 PM
If the above is true there has to be RICO charges from the DOJ :eek:

andymays
09-15-2009, 02:32 PM
If the above is true there has to be RICO charges from the DOJ :eek:

Once that investigation starts the Dems are gonna be heading for the hills. This Acorn deal goes all the way to Obama.

Eric Holder is gonna be scrambling over this one! :D

Perp walks galore! :ThmbUp:

boxcar
09-15-2009, 02:37 PM
stay tuned to Beck and Big Government.com this afternoon.

they're rolling out another ACORN video blockbuster (http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/292323.php).:eek:
I wonder how long Past Tense Media will ignore these stories?

"Here's what you'll find - the latest video sting of ACORN. This one in a San Bernardino ACORN office where the employee can't talk fast enough about the connections they have to politicians (naming them by name) and even an admission of murder."

:lol: :lol: Gibbs feigned ignorance over the 912 protest when asked about it. Gibson on what -- MSNBC (?) feigned ignorance over all the breaking ACORN stories. These kinds of responses to news stories redefines the term "denial".

Boxcar

DJofSD
09-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Is there blood in the water yet? (Cue the theme from Jaws.)

Tom
09-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Yes, this nut has jumped the shark! ba da DA

newtothegame
09-15-2009, 04:27 PM
If what is posted is true, and names will be used to show connections, then I say that ALL names that are dropped should be THOROUGHLY investigated for ANY and ALL allegations. IF ONE shred of evidence is found to be true on any wrong doings by our (supposed) representation, then they should be brought up on charges. The most severe charges that can be brought against any individual. I say take em ALL down...repubs, dems, doesnt matter to me....

ArlJim78
09-15-2009, 05:07 PM
this woman is going under the bus very soon.

7s8w9GEpSzw

Warren Henry
09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
this woman is going under the bus very soon.

Maybe Mostpost can justify her. I am sure all she was trying to do was help.

ArlJim78
09-15-2009, 05:38 PM
he' very good at his rationalizations, although this one might even give him some trouble.

JustRalph
09-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Is ACORN in Columbus, Ohio ? We could use some brothels here.

you're kidding right? There are plenty in Columbus. You never been to Whitehall? How about E. Main 6 blocks from the courthouse? :lol:

bigmack
09-15-2009, 10:08 PM
I believe tomorrow's brouhaha will be from the Acorn office in San Diego. Should be interesting.

Rather enjoyed the twit from San Berdoo. Neurotic as can be, she also admitted plugging her husband years ago, owning an escort service & viewing Heidi Fleiss as 'her hero'. :lol:

In a shocking twist, Charlie Gibson, nightly host of ABC News, was on the radio today when someone axed him about the Acorn tapes. Charlie had not heard hide nor hair of them. He said, 'that's what The Cables are for'

Tom
09-15-2009, 10:47 PM
In a shocking twist, Charlie Gibson, nightly host of ABC News, was on the radio today when someone axed him about the Acorn tapes. Charlie had not heard hide nor hair of them. He said, 'that's what The Cables are for'

The cables that hold his head on? :lol:

Charlie is either a liar or dumber than a postage stamp.
But he certainly shows what complete waste the MSM is - there is no way this story can be ignored without investigation. Remember the stupid extremes they went to to try to connect Bush to people? And ended up with a Scooter perp walk to show for it. :rolleyes:

Charlie has never been anything more than a gopher on Good Morning Ameirca. He is the Katie Couric of ABC. His catch phrase has always been "one lump or two?"

ArlJim78
09-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Charlie is too busy trying to figure out what the Obama doctrine is.

newtothegame
09-16-2009, 03:33 AM
Senators Stand By Prostitution, Tax Cheat Hiding ACORN
(Read WP posts from Warner Todd Huston) (http://rightwingnews.com/author/warner-todd-huston) | (Read MT posts from Warner Todd Huston) (http://rightwingnews.com/author.php?id=78)
Democratic Illinois Senators Durbin and Burris both voted to stand behind ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) in a Senate vote to defund the criminal organization this week. A measure placed in the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development appropriations bill was overwhelmingly passed by the Senate to defund the group over the latest...
...Read more

Democratic Illinois Senators Durbin and Burris both voted to stand behind ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) in a Senate vote to defund the criminal organization this week.

A measure placed in the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development appropriations bill was overwhelmingly passed by the Senate to defund the group over the latest round of bad publicity of this nefarious organization.

On top of the last decade of constant convictions for vote fraud all across the country, ACORN offices have been caught in a tri-city “sting” of sorts where ACORN employees were helping to cover up what they understood to be a mortgage fraud and prostitution business by helping fudge IRS forms to disguise the activities. These ACORN employees even thought they were helping to cover up sex trafficking in underage, illegal aliens.

And we in Illinois can stand proud that our two Senators, Dick “Turban” Durbin -- he of saying our troops are like Nazis -- and Roland Burris -- that accidental Senator appointed by our soon to be jailed ex-Governor -- are standing behind this criminal enterprise. We are so lucky to have them.

Yes, Durbin and Burris are happy to stand by sexual slavery, tax cheating, mortgage fraud, and vote fraud. What a pair, eh?

The list of Senators that voted to shield the criminals are as follows:

Roland Burris, D-Ill.
Bob Casey, D-Pa.
Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.
Patrick Leahy, D-Vt.
Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.
Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I.

newtothegame
09-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 The Latest & Greatest Excuse from ACORN (http://townhall.com/blog/g/71145941-98ac-4d33-8fa8-9b0f997db1f1) Posted by: Meredith Jessup (http://meredith%20jessup/) at 12:27 AM This is laughable (http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=12439&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=22583&tx_ttnews=12387&cHash=f1e6ffcdd4). In response to the videotaped evidence of an ACORN worker confessing to everything from prostitution to murder, the organization posted the following response on their website this evening:Today the videographer James O'Keefe's hidden camera "interview" with San BernardinoACORN organizer Tresa Kaelke, airing repeatedly on Fox "News", including the Glenn Beck show, and onBigGovernment.com, has been caught out in [b]an obvious set of lies and manipulations. (sic)

When the actors approached Ms. Kaelke with their provocative costuming and outlandish scenario, she could nottake them seriously. So she met their outrageousness with her own personal style of outrageousness. Shematched their false scenario with her own false scenarios. (sic) (bold emphasis mine)

Their response is actually oh, she made the whole thing up... you know, just for fun! The joke is actually on THEM! And what's funnier than joking about prostitution, child trafficking and murder!? HAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, my...

http://townhall.com/blog/g/71145941-98ac-4d33-8fa8-9b0f997db1f1

lsbets
09-16-2009, 06:36 AM
I didn't see the previous videos, but I saw yesterdays. I did not take the ACORN woman seriously and thought she was obviously full of shit. From watching her I doubt it was because she was smart enough to figure out what was going on, but I didn't see anything in that video to condemn ACORN about. The video seemed to me like an elaborate prank phone call. However, ACORNs record across the country should be enough in itself to condemn the organization.

Tom
09-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.

She is an un-elected senator.
She was appointed to that post but an un-elected governor.

In NYS, we are ahead of the curve on czars.

sandpit
09-16-2009, 09:54 AM

We all see a lot of dumb things on a daily basis, but this woman is too stupid to be believed...why would any person with an IQ above room temperature tell complete strangers that they had committed murder and/or used to be a hooker?
What might be even more incredible is that she apparently has a job while there are millions of people in this country who are unemployed. If this is typical of what ACORN hires, the whole organization needs to get flushed down the toilet.:ThmbDown:

mostpost
09-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Henry

We all see a lot of dumb things on a daily basis, but this woman is too stupid to be believed...why would any person with an IQ above room temperature tell complete strangers that they had committed murder and/or used to be a hooker?
What might be even more incredible is that she apparently has a job while there are millions of people in this country who are unemployed. If this is typical of what ACORN hires, the whole organization needs to get flushed down the toilet.

Apparently she was smart enough to fool the idiot videographers. This incident calls into question the veracity of the entire series. Important parts of the conversation were edited out. Such as her telling them if they went ahead with their plans they would need all the money they earned to get a good lawyer.
ACORN issued this response:
http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=12439&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=22583&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12387&cHash=f1e6ffcdd4
Included was a link to the police report of the SanBernadino Police Department
http://www.acorn.org/fileadmin/Press_Releases/090915-San_Bernardino_Police_Report_Alleged_Homicide.pdf
From that report.
The San Bernardino Police Department is investigating the claims made regarding the homicide.
From the initial investigation conducted, the claims do not appear to be factual. Investigators
have been in contact with the involved party’s known former husbands, who are alive and well.
Hey Warren Henry, I do not need to justify Tresa. she is doing just fine on her own.

andymays
09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Daily Show Skewers ACORN

Video!

This is awesome! :lol: :ThmbUp: :D

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/bighollywood/2009/09/16/the-audacity-of-hos-daily-show-skewers-acorn/

mostpost
09-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Daily Show Skewers
WOW When has that ever happened before?
Hillarious video :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boxcar
09-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Henry

Apparently she was smart enough to fool the idiot videographers. This incident calls into question the veracity of the entire series.

And, of course, in La La Land in which you live, it's just not possible that she was utterly stupid enough to make extravagant and outlandish claims for the purposes of creating a false image of herself because she deliberately wanted to ingratiate herself with the interviewers. I believe this to be the truth of the matter because of the way she handled herself and spoke. Hard to believe she has so much as a square inch of smarts in her entire body.

Boxcar

ddog
09-16-2009, 12:08 PM
you're kidding right? There are plenty in Columbus. You never been to Whitehall? How about E. Main 6 blocks from the courthouse? :lol:

it's their only growth business!!!!!

All the others have closed due to lack of anyone above 80 IQ to be employed.

mostpost
09-16-2009, 12:10 PM
And, of course, in La La Land in which you live, it's just not possible that she was utterly stupid enough to make extravagant and outlandish claims for the purposes of creating a false image of herself because she deliberately wanted to ingratiate herself with the interviewers. I believe this to be the truth of the matter because of the way she handled herself and spoke. Hard to believe she has so much as a square inch of smarts in her entire body.

Boxcar
That is weak, even for you.

andymays
09-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Daily Show Skewers ACORN

Video!

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/bighollywood/2009/09/16/the-audacity-of-hos-daily-show-skewers-acorn/

This will be playing everywhere by tonight! Finally! :ThmbUp:

If someone knows how to put up the video without the link that would be great!

bigmack
09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Daily Show Skewers ACORN

Video!

Good for Stewart. That was very clever. Ain't what he was mocking all of what your position has been, mostposty?

Quotable quotes:
"OK, that's DC, I've seen CSPAN, it's a shithole there" :lol:

Show Me the Wire
09-16-2009, 01:17 PM
As Stewart stated all the elite media reporteres should be ashamed for themselves and their profession.

Due to the elite medias' lack of oversight in colusion with ACORN supported politicians this organization came to believe it could operate with impunity and it has for many years.

Hopefully, Gibson and his ilk, will stoop to covering this criminal enterprise.

ArlJim78
09-16-2009, 05:10 PM
The hits just keep on coming. Tonight another tape, and more after that.“There are more,” Mike Flynn, Editor-in-chief of new site BigGovernment.com, told HUMAN EVENTS in an exclusive interview this afternoon regarding the number of undercover films exposing ACORN. Flynn would not reveal the location of the ACORN office where the latest video was filmed, but he said, “It’s a slightly different discussion in this one than you’ve seen so far.” The video should break around 9 p.m. EST.

Flynn said this is not the last one, either. “There are more after that. It is amazing. Stay tuned.”

If these guys don't earn a Pulitzer prize, there is no justice. :D

mostpost
09-16-2009, 06:45 PM
If these guys don't earn a Pulitzer prize, there is no justice.
Perhaps the Warden will let them keep their Pulitzer in the cell with them. :rolleyes:
Why would they be in prison?
1. Conspiracy to commit prostitution, white slavery, tax evasion.
(If you claim that the ACORN workers were engaging in a conspiracy to commit these crimes, then you must agree that O'Keefe and Giles also were engaged in that conspiracy. Especially since they were the ones who broached the subject.)
2. Videotaping someone without their knowledge and permission. (Illegal in many states.)
3. Having knowledge of a possible crime and failing to report it to the authorities.
(In the video which they shot on August 17, Tresa Kaelke stated that she had killed her abusive husband. The police report on the incident was dated Sept. 15 and was initiated by ACORN)

I guess you are right about ACORN workers being incompetent. This woman killed her husband years ago.......and he's still alive today. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
09-16-2009, 07:39 PM

What might be even more incredible is that she apparently has a job while there are millions of people in this country who are unemployed. If this is typical of what ACORN hires, the whole organization needs to get flushed down the toilet.:ThmbDown:

you give "people" way too much credit. The general public is so stupid and goofy ........you can't imagine. Work in a job where you have to deal with these types and you would be eating your words.

bigmack
09-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Perhaps the Warden will let them keep their Pulitzer in the cell with them. :rolleyes:
Why would they be in prison?
1. Conspiracy to commit prostitution, white slavery, tax evasion.
(If you claim that the ACORN workers were engaging in a conspiracy to commit these crimes, then you must agree that O'Keefe and Giles also were engaged in that conspiracy. Especially since they were the ones who broached the subject.)
2. Videotaping someone without their knowledge and permission. (Illegal in many states.)
3. Having knowledge of a possible crime and failing to report it to the authorities.
(In the video which they shot on August 17, Tresa Kaelke stated that she had killed her abusive husband. The police report on the incident was dated Sept. 15 and was initiated by ACORN)

Did ya watch that video from the Daily Show? Even Stewart who calls himself a fake journalist is envious of their work. Speaking of that video, isn't he basically ridiculing people like you who portray the kids as the bad folk?

Check your water supply there in No Riverside, some people are getting wacky.

so.cal.fan
09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Did anyone hear our California Governator is going to look into having State funds cut for this ACORN group. It's about time!
This group along with all their affliates should be shut down, completely.
They are a criminal organization, they prey upon the poor, shamelessly use them for their political purposes. They don't give a damn about helping intercity people, especially the children. It's a national disgrace.
Our intercity public schools are shameful, while politicians, including our President sends his children to private schools.

ArlJim78
09-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Human Trafficing
Prostitution
Tax Evasion
Voter Fraud

Stop in and talk to one of our knowledgeable advisors today. Learn what ACORN can do for YOU.

boxcar
09-16-2009, 10:51 PM
you give "people" way too much credit. The general public is so stupid and goofy ........you can't imagine. Work in a job where you have to deal with these types and you would be eating your words.

Sandpit is incredulous? :confused: :confused: Isn't there a show on cable TV that features nothing but really dumb crooks? I don't watch TV anymore, but I think there was a show on there as recent as two years ago, and it's probably still airing. Does anyone know the name of the show to which I'm alluding?

Boxcar

prospector
09-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Sandpit is incredulous? :confused: :confused: Isn't there a show on cable TV that features nothing but really dumb crooks? I don't watch TV anymore, but I think there was a show on there as recent as two years ago, and it's probably still airing. Does anyone know the name of the show to which I'm alluding?

Boxcar
hardball?

boxcar
09-16-2009, 11:01 PM
hardball?

That's the name of Chris Matthews' show, isn't it? But seriously...that name doesn't ring a bell for the show I have in mind.

Boxcar

sandpit
09-16-2009, 11:03 PM

I imagine you're right, most of the places I've worked were mostly housed full of what would be considered "normal" folks. However, on my latest few trips to the unemployment office, I found myself surrounded by "stupid and goofy", and that's putting a good spin on it.

boxcar
09-16-2009, 11:04 PM
That is weak, even for you.

Admittedly it's tough describing really dumb people, and the way that gal handled herself did not speak well to whatever little intelligence she may have.
She came off as an uneducated buffoon -- exactly the type of drone that would be drawn to organizations like ACORN.

Boxcar

sandpit
09-16-2009, 11:12 PM

Boxcar

I'm not so much incredulous as I am saddened for the direction our country has taken. It seems that every whackjob that is out there gets semi-deified/legitimized by virtue of how easy it is to get their actions into the public eye. Instead of putting all these morons on a pedestal, they need to be thrown down a well shaft and left to rot.

To answer your question about the TV show, there was one that was called something like "World's Dumbest Criminals"...don't know if it's still around, but they made a whole series of shows in a similar vein: Wildest Police Chases; Most Violent Serial Killers, etc.

boxcar
09-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I'm not so much incredulous as I am saddened for the direction our country has taken. It seems that every whackjob that is out there gets semi-deified/legitimized by virtue of how easy it is to get their actions into the public eye. Instead of putting all these morons on a pedestal, they need to be thrown down a well shaft and left to rot.

To answer your question about the TV show, there was one that was called something like "World's Dumbest Criminals"...don't know if it's still around, but they made a whole series of shows in a similar vein: Wildest Police Chases; Most Violent Serial Killers, etc.

Yup, I think you nailed it. And I have to be very honest with you: One of those shows aired some unbelievably dumb things that criminals did. I mean...STUPID doesn't even begin to describe their thoughtless actions. So...that moron woman at ACORN "bragging" about murdering her husband did not come as a great shock to me. I can believe that someone can be that stupid.

Boxcar

JustRalph
09-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I have a friend on this board that has very interesting takes on what Modern drug use has done to the country............he makes very good points. Since the drug culture became the norm........along with the wholesale removal of normal every day moral judgement these two items explain a lot about our society.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2009, 04:22 AM
Apparently she was smart enough to fool the idiot videographers.I have an innocent question. If this woman was a professional working for ACORN, why didn't she do the professional thing and simply ask the pimp and his HO to leave the premises?

Or are you saying she KNEW she was being videotaped and she was just putting on a little show? If so, allow me to quote YOU, "That is weak, even for you."

Java Gold@TFT
09-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Yup, I think you nailed it. And I have to be very honest with you: One of those shows aired some unbelievably dumb things that criminals did. I mean...STUPID doesn't even begin to describe their thoughtless actions. So...that moron woman at ACORN "bragging" about murdering her husband did not come as a great shock to me. I can believe that someone can be that stupid.

Boxcar
Anyone who wants to see just how dumb people can be try TruTV:

http://www.trutv.com/

It used to be Court TV but then just went to the absurd. Cops, World's Dummbest this and that, Speeders, Repos, etc. Too many to mention. Find it on your local cable and watch for an hour - it never ceases to amaze me what people will do.

wes
09-17-2009, 08:53 AM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Jon-Stewart-slams-the-media-for-missing-ACORN-story-Where-the-hell-were-you-59469292.html

wes

JustRalph
09-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Yep, those videos were so fake that the Senate and House voted to de-fund Acorn.........that is 8 billion bucks they lost.............

It will take them two years to setup shop as another entity, but it will slow them down.

mostpost
09-17-2009, 11:28 PM
I have an innocent question. If this woman was a professional working for ACORN, why didn't she do the professional thing and simply ask the pimp and his HO to leave the premises?

Or are you saying she KNEW she was being videotaped and she was just putting on a little show? If so, allow me to quote YOU, "That is weak, even for you."
I don't know if she knew they were taping. But she did figure out immediately that they were phony. You did read the part where the polioce investigated and found that all her dead husbands were alive. Right? I think what she was doing was letting them know she wasn't falling for their little scam. Naturally that flew right over the heads. Apparently it also flew over the heads of Fox and Glen Beck. "And then things got even darker. OOOOOOH"

I can't stop you from using my quotes, but it would be so much nicer if when you did so you were correct. :D

mostpost
09-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Yep, those videos were so fake that the Senate and House voted to de-fund Acorn.........that is 8 billion bucks they lost.............

It will take them two years to setup shop as another entity, but it will slow them down.
8 billion bucks? Acorn has received a total of less than 50 million in INDIRECT federal funding over the last 11 years. Whatever you are reading, STOP. They are embarrassing you.

Tom
09-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Only two people here should be embarrassed.
One of them ain't Ralph.
Neither is the other one.

boxcar
09-18-2009, 01:22 AM
Since some here on this thread just don't believe how stupidly people can behave, this story might have a shocking effect even on you. In fact, the guy in this incredible story makes all the ACORN dumbos look absolutely brilliant by comparison. This guy is one piece of work.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/blog/4060

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2009, 03:07 AM
But she did figure out immediately that they were phony.OK, then I'll ask again. Why didn't she do what any other normal person in a place of BUSINESS would do...kindly ask them to LEAVE?

If a pimp with a hooker walked through the doors to where I work, I wouldn't sit there and waste my time doing some assinine song and dance routine. Would you?

Quagmire
09-18-2009, 06:30 AM
Since some here on this thread just don't believe how stupidly people can behave, this story might have a shocking effect even on you. In fact, the guy in this incredible story makes all the ACORN dumbos look absolutely brilliant by comparison. This guy is one piece of work.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/blog/4060

Boxcar

That was funny. :lol:

It reminds me of when the idiots on the news were getting tazed to demonstrate to their viewers what being tazed felt like.

Tom
09-18-2009, 07:55 AM
ACORN is going to launch an internal investigation, as the number of videos reaches 5.

I guess that means mostpost will be pretty busy for a while, in his role as Special Investigator.

DJofSD
09-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Police departments have community review boards. I guess ACORN has viral videos.

jballscalls
09-18-2009, 10:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBe6wmrBZRQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBe6wmrBZRQ)

Jay Leno doing a skit about Acorn, actually pretty funny, especially for Leno

Steve 'StatMan'
09-18-2009, 10:29 AM
MostPost hasn't posted in this thread for many hours. Must be taking a long time for him and the other Teddy Ruxpins to get their latest updates so they can continue to tell their amazing stories.

Tom
09-18-2009, 11:20 AM
ACORN's email is slow today...

Steve 'StatMan'
09-18-2009, 12:41 PM
ACORN's email is slow today...

Should have figured. Named after nuts that squirels like.

Tom
09-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Maybe the get their e mails from Argentina? :D

boxcar
09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Maybe the get their e mails from Argentina? :D

Why would they have to go that far when the WH is a heck of a lot closer?

Boxcar

JustRalph
09-18-2009, 01:48 PM
8 billion bucks? Acorn has received a total of less than 50 million in INDIRECT federal funding over the last 11 years. Whatever you are reading, STOP. They are embarrassing you.

In Obama's stimulus program. Acorn is in direct control of 5 billion dollars framed for neighborhood re-vitalization efforts. They also have their hands on 3.5 billion in other funds wherein they will "help" decide where it goes..........

You do the math.............

Show Me the Wire
09-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Where is the DOJ? It is missing in action.

mostpost
09-18-2009, 04:02 PM
In Obama's stimulus program. Acorn is in direct control of 5 billion dollars framed for neighborhood re-vitalization efforts. They also have their hands on 3.5 billion in other funds wherein they will "help" decide where it goes..........

You do the math.............
A search of "America's Recovery And Reinvestment Act of 2009 shows that the name ACORN appears zero times. The phrase community organizations appears zero times.
In researching this I came across this from the office of Rep. Boehner:
Incredibly, the Democrats’ bill makes groups like ACORN eligible for a $4.19 billion pot of money for “neighborhood stabilization activities.” Funds for this purpose were authorized in the Housing and Economic Recovery Act, signed into law in 2008. However, these funds were limited to state and local governments. Now House Democrats are taking the unprecedented step of making ACORN and other groups eligible for these funds:

“For a further additional amount for ‘Community Development Fund,’ $4,190,000,000, to be used for neighborhood stabilization activities related to emergency assistance for the redevelopment of abandoned and foreclosed homes as authorized under division B, title III of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 (Public Law 110–289), of which—

“(1) not less than $3,440,000,000 shall be allocated by a competition for which eligible entities shall be States, units of general local government, and nonprofit entities or consortia of nonprofit entities[.]”

“(2) up to $750,000,000 shall be awarded by competition to nonprofit entities or consortia of nonprofit entities to provide community stabilization assistance […]”
But, a search of the bill for $3,440,000,000 turns up no hits. A search for $750,000,000 turns up several hits, none of which relate to Acorn.
A search for the term "Neighborhood stabilization turns up this:

PUBLIC HOUSING CAPITAL FUND
For an additional amount for the ‘‘Public Housing Capital Fund’’
to carry out capital and management activities for public housing
agencies, as authorized under section 9 of the United States Housing
Act of 1937 (42 U.S.C. 1437g) (the ‘‘Act’’), $4,000,000,000, to remain
available until September 30, 2011: Provided, That the Secretary
of Housing and Urban Development shall distribute $3,000,000,000
of this amount by the same formula used for amounts made avail-
able in fiscal year 2008, except that the Secretary may determine
not to allocate funding to public housing agencies currently des-
ignated as troubled or to public housing agencies that elect not
Here is the important part:
Provided, That the Secretary
of Housing and Urban Development shall distribute $3,000,000,000
of this amount by the same formula used for amounts made avail-
able in fiscal year 2008.
The housing act of 2008 provided funds to state and local governments not private entities.

What you claim is in the bill may have been in some early versions, it is not in the final bill as passed.

Show Me the Wire
09-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Where is the DOJ?

STOP the plunder. Power to the people!

JustRalph
09-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Where is the DOJ?

STOP the plunder. Power to the people!

They are way too busy trying to figure out a way to absolve black panthers

JustRalph
09-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Obama sending people straight to Acorn, Still!!!

http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/18/taxpayer-funded-serve-gov-filtering-activists-to-acorn/

JustRalph
09-18-2009, 08:01 PM
A search of "America's Recovery And Reinvestment Act of 2009 shows that the name ACORN appears zero times. The phrase community organizations appears zero times.
In researching this I came across this from the office of Rep. Boehner:

But, a search of the bill for $3,440,000,000 turns up no hits. A search for $750,000,000 turns up several hits, none of which relate to Acorn.
A search for the term "Neighborhood stabilization turns up this:

Here is the important part:

The housing act of 2008 provided funds to state and local governments not private entities.

What you claim is in the bill may have been in some early versions, it is not in the final bill as passed.

Yep, they don't get any Federal Money..........that's why there had to be a vote to Un-Fund them............

I don't care where they get it.........they should be shut down and thrown in jail..........all of them.

Quagmire
09-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Does this explain the state GOP's silence over ACORN?

Huffington Post: Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, for example, partnered with ACORN in March 2008 for a "Homeownership Promotes The Economy" taskforce. More recently, Crist declared that -- contrary to GOP outrage -- he was not upset with the group's voter registration efforts in his state. The New York Times reported that ACORN supported a law signed by Governor Crist, which "changed the rules last year to restore the voting rights of about 112,000 former convicts."

The Buzz: "Breaking with the talking points of his fellow Republicans in Washington, Florida Gov. Charlie Crist said he does not think voter fraud and the vote-registration group ACORN are a major problem in the Sunshine State. ''I think that there's probably less [fraud] than is being discussed. As we're coming into the closing days of any campaign, there are some who enjoy chaos,'' Crist told reporters. Crist made his comments as the Republican National Committee hosted a conference call with reporters to tie Democrat Barack Obama to suspicious voter-registration cards submitted by ACORN across the nation and in four Florida counties, including Broward. (photo from Acorn Web site)
http://blogs.tampabay.com/.a/6a00d83451b05569e20120a5cbee10970c-200wi

cj's dad
09-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Last time I checked, FLORIDA was one of 50 states !!

Or, by BO's count that would be 57 !!!!!! :lol:

ArlJim78
09-19-2009, 02:18 PM
ACORN scaling back or shutting down in many cities

The community activist group is taking no new clients while it investigates its operations, which have been dragged down by the poor economy and recent scandals.

Reporting from Los Angeles and Chicago - Stung by the recession and a string of scandals, the ACORN community activist organization has been shutting down in many of the communities it once worked to empower.

No new clients are being signed up, said national spokesman Brian Kettenring, while the group conducts an internal investigation into how its business is conducted.

"When you have this big of a mess, it takes time to clean up and your funders drop like flies," said Madeline Talbott, a former head organizer for ACORN's operations in Illinois.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-acorn19-2009sep19,0,6183518.story

DJofSD
09-19-2009, 02:21 PM
I would not take anything said at face value. ACORN will morph into something else and the same bunch will be back at it again.

GaryG
09-19-2009, 02:30 PM
I wonder if those who exposed acorn will be called racists. They are preventing the "empowerment" of minority communities.

bigmack
09-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Does this explain the state GOP's silence over ACORN?

Huffington Post: Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, for example, partnered with ACORN in March 2008 for a "Homeownership Promotes The Economy" taskforce. More recently, Crist declared that -- contrary to GOP outrage -- he was not upset with the group's voter registration efforts in his state. The New York Times reported that ACORN supported a law signed by Governor Crist, which "changed the rules last year to restore the voting rights of about 112,000 former convicts."

The Buzz: "Breaking with the talking points of his fellow Republicans in Washington, Florida Gov. Charlie Crist said he does not think voter fraud and the vote-registration group ACORN are a major problem in the Sunshine State. ''I think that there's probably less [fraud] than is being discussed. As we're coming into the closing days of any campaign, there are some who enjoy chaos,'' Crist told reporters. Crist made his comments as the Republican National Committee hosted a conference call with reporters to tie Democrat Barack Obama to suspicious voter-registration cards submitted by ACORN across the nation and in four Florida counties, including Broward.
Nice work. I can see it now. Someone @ Huffington Post scours past stories looking for any GOP comments that have something mildly good to say about ACORN, they put it in a blog and you cut & paste it here.

Again, aces work on your part. With a formidable point like that I think most of country would be willing to forget this whole mess. :rolleyes:

andymays
09-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Nice work. I can see it now. Someone @ Huffington Post scours past stories looking for any GOP comments that have something mildly good to say about ACORN, they put it in a blog and you cut & paste it here.

Again, aces work on your part. With a formidable point like that I think most of country would be willing to forget this whole mess. :rolleyes:

Happy B day bigmack! :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
09-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Happy B day bigmack! :ThmbUp:
I'll second that and play a round of golf this afternoon in your honor!

bigmack
09-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Much obliged, DJ & AM. Torey is ocupado today DJ.

boxcar
09-19-2009, 04:26 PM

Mosty is so simple-minded. He sees the term "Republican" and his robotic-like response is: That MUST EQUAL "conservative". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Crist happens to be one of those sickening, puke-inducing RINOs. Lots of stripes of liberalism run down his back.

Boxcar

Tom
09-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Hey Mack....have a happy!
:jump:

JustRalph
09-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey Mack....have a happy!
:jump:

Hey Mack......you are old enough to remember this guy

Have a Happy!!! !

-XFq71kFI5o&

It's official..........you can find anything on Youtube

DJofSD
09-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Much obliged, DJ & AM. Torey is ocupado today DJ.
No problemo since we went to Sail-Ho. We'll watch the final round of Samsung tomorrow then hit the beach.

ArlJim78
09-20-2009, 09:42 AM
No problemo since we went to Sail-Ho. We'll watch the final round of Samsung tomorrow then hit the beach.
be sure not to miss the presidents five appearances on the Sunday news shows.:D

DJofSD
09-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Errrrr, mmmmm, no thanks.

Take good notes then let me know what I miss. Should take about 2 minutes.

-TIA!!!! :D

andymays
09-20-2009, 10:26 AM

I've got a feeling he's gonna make things worse and say something else that is going to be proven untrue. I think the guy is rattled at this point and can't recover.

Since he is punishing Fox ( :D )and won't be on with Chris Wallace he will get mostly softball questions.

ArlJim78
09-20-2009, 10:49 AM
I've got a feeling he's gonna make things worse and say something else that is going to be proven untrue. I think the guy is rattled at this point and can't recover.

Since he is punishing Fox ( :D )and won't be on with Chris Wallace he will get mostly softball questions.
he says something untrue everytime he opens his mouth, it's a gift he has.

it says a lot about the guy that he doesn't have the balls to appear on Fox. what, just because they are the only station in the land that questions him? ohhh, poor baby. boo freakin hoo. ooooh, what an impressive powerful leader to hold a grudge against a TV network.

its also stupid, its the Fox type viewers he needs to convince, not the MSNBC/CNN type. he's preaching to the choir, the past tense media will come out tomorow with reports about a glowing convincing performance, and of course an immediate bump in their polls. but once that blows over in 2 or 3 days, we'll likely see what we see everytime he brings his full court press, a further erosion of support.

mostpost
09-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Mosty is so simple-minded. He sees the term "Republican" and his robotic-like response is: That MUST EQUAL "conservative". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Crist happens to be one of those sickening, puke-inducing RINOs. Lots of stripes of liberalism run down his back.

Boxcar
It's so nice that I am always in your thoughts, but it was Quagmire who posted about Crist.

andymays
09-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Obama on ACORN: 'Not Something I've Followed Closely' Won't Commit to Cut Federal Funds

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/09/obama-on-acorn-not-something-ive-followed-closely.html

Excerpt:

It was one of the most popular topics among the questions you submitted to me for my interview with President Obama – the controversy involving ACORN.

While the President said that ACORN "deserves to be investigated" in light of the "inappropriate" video that's gone viral, he did not endorse recent votes in Congress to cut off federal funding for the community group.

DJofSD
09-20-2009, 12:08 PM
he did not endorse recent votes in Congress

Probably chaps his hide that he can not control Congress nor what it chooses to do in regards to ACORN.

Tom
09-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Obama was chicken to go on Fox. He is AFRAID to face REAL reporters.

Now, this week, who wants to bet he hugs Kadahfy?