PDA

View Full Version : Pocono Refuses to Pay Winning Pick-7 Ticket

Zman179
09-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Pocono, Quebec At Odds Over Pick-7

Published: September 9, 2009 11:58 am ET

Quebec racetrack operator Attractions Hippiques is back in the news, this time over a disputed Pick-7 ticket.

Pocono Downs has refused to honour an apparent winning ticket on the September 2 Pick-7, sold at one of Attractions Hippiques' Montreal-area teletheatres, on the grounds it was a $1 ticket and its Pick-7 minimum is $2.

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/category/news/pick-7-0

Tom-Oh
09-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Wow, that sucks. Imagine holding that 'winning' ticket and not being able to get paid for it... That's ridiculous. Their $2 ticket would have cost over $800..

Sea Biscuit
09-10-2009, 03:54 AM
I do believe that the Pocono people are wrong simply because they had being accepting $1 bets and not returning them to Attractions Hippiques in the past as not acceptable. It did not matter in the end whether it was a $1 or $2 ticket as this being the only winning ticket they would have collected the whole pot around $21000 of the 28 grand pool with 25% calculated takeout.

I also believe that these people will eventually be paid as this whole thing will land up in a court and either Attraction Hippiques or Pocono race track will have to shell out the money like it or not as they are both guilty of infractions and negligence.

Sea Biscuit.

LottaKash
09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
If there were no $1.00-"filters" in place, and they accepted the wager regardless, then that is the "accepting track's" problem....So, it was a legitimate bet, and the wagering party "should be paid", PERIOD.....

Pay up, "Pocono Downs"....:eek:....or "we" won't like it....

best,

beaucap
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
If there were no $1.00-"filters" in place, and they accepted the wager regardless, then that is the "accepting track's" problem....So, it was a legitimate bet, and the wagering party "should be paid", PERIOD.....

Pay up, "Pocono Downs"....:eek:....or "we" won't like it....

best,

...Yeah..Yeah...that's the ticket....

Tom-Oh
09-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm not betting Pocono until these people get their $28k... Or $14k because it was a $1 ticket :jump:

wilderness
09-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Quebec Punters Paid (http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/9-10-09/follow-quebec-punters-paid.html), although not by Pocono

Tom-Oh
09-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Good to hear for the bettors, not so good for Pocono though... The state isn't allowing them to take simucast bets until this is resolved!!!

Mazerati
09-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Quebec Punters Paid (http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/9-10-09/follow-quebec-punters-paid.html), although not by Pocono

thats cool they got paid but geez it should have never gotten that far

wilderness
09-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I'd almost wager that Pocono is covered under the co-mingling of pools agreements.

Sea Biscuit
09-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I am sure that Pocono must have got a lot of bad press and negative publicity because of their refusal to pay the money.

SB

Pacingguy
09-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Good to hear for the bettors, not so good for Pocono though... The state isn't allowing them to take simucast bets until this is resolved!!!

From what I can tell, Quebec is not allowing the simulcast of Pocono's signal. Not the state of Pennsylvania. What should happen is the tracks in Canada including WEG's should boycott the Pocono signal until this issue is resolved.

Of course, if the ticket was a loosing ticket, Pocono would not be refunding the wager would they?

wilderness
09-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Riot at Roosevelt 1963 (http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=336&dat=19631109&id=-EQOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=1H8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=7179,1863577
)

Fans reacting to a a six-horse pileup in the 2nd leg of the "twin-double".

my_nameaintearl
09-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Riot at Roosevelt 1963 (http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=336&dat=19631109&id=-EQOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=1H8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=7179,1863577
)

Fans reacting to a a six-horse pileup in the 2nd leg of the "twin-double".

Link doesnt work

wilderness
09-11-2009, 06:38 PM
The post is past allowable editing.

Copy the link and remove the following characters from the end:
"%3Cbr%20/%3E"

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Not withstanding the refusal of payment to that guy in Canada, Pocono by way of the USTA and Trackmaster can not even sell a program listing the horses entered in a state championship final.

Clear Vision wore the #4 head number while the trackmaster program lists the #4 to be Randy's All In. I bet Doublescotchontherocks #3 over the 1,2 and 5. I pitched #4 (who I did not know it was Clear Vision. In reality I would of boxed the 3 and 4 for all I had. Clear Vision, who finished 2nd in the Cane Pace was not the favorite in this race. Those that had the Trackmaster pp's were screwed. After calling Trackmaster, Craig blamed USTA...USTA has not answered by complaint at this writing nor Pocono itself.

My State Rep and State Senator plus the Racing Commisson have been notified. What should of been done was for Clear Vision to race for purse only and had the #4 scratched from all wagering options.

Pacingguy
09-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Not withstanding the refusal of payment to that guy in Canada, Pocono by way of the USTA and Trackmaster can not even sell a program listing the horses entered in a state championship final.

Clear Vision wore the #4 head number while the trackmaster program lists the #4 to be Randy's All In. I bet Doublescotchontherocks #3 over the 1,2 and 5. I pitched #4 (who I did not know it was Clear Vision. In reality I would of boxed the 3 and 4 for all I had. Clear Vision, who finished 2nd in the Cane Pace was not the favorite in this race. Those that had the Trackmaster pp's were screwed. After calling Trackmaster, Craig blamed USTA...USTA has not answered by complaint at this writing nor Pocono itself.

My State Rep and State Senator plus the Racing Commisson have been notified. What should of been done was for Clear Vision to race for purse only and had the #4 scratched from all wagering options.

This is the second time there was a program error involving Clear Vision. On Super Sunday at Pocono Downs they had to BAR Clear Vision from the wagering. Just before the race started they realized Clear Vision raced the day before at Freehold and it was not denoted with a 'Line to be Announced' designation. From what I was told, Chester Downs turned off the option when they print programs to indicate the horse was "in to go" at Freehold. As for Trackmaster, they printed the program for Chester before the Freehold card was drawn.

That being said, it doesn't explain why the wrong horse ran or was listed. However, the escape clause for all tracks is the line "not responsible for incorrect program information'.

Pacingguy
09-14-2009, 07:11 PM
This is the second time there was a program error involving Clear Vision. On Super Sunday at Pocono Downs they had to BAR Clear Vision from the wagering. Just before the race started they realized Clear Vision raced the day before at Freehold and it was not denoted with a 'Line to be Announced' designation. From what I was told, Chester Downs turned off the option when they print programs to indicate the horse was "in to go" at Freehold. As for Trackmaster, they printed the program for Chester before the Freehold card was drawn.

That being said, it doesn't explain why the wrong horse ran or was listed. However, the escape clause for all tracks is the line "not responsible for incorrect program information'.

What confuses me is when you listed the results, it still did not show Clear Vision. That doesn't make sense.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-14-2009, 11:50 PM
The results is in that attachment called "caveat emptor.jpg"
Clear Vision finished 2nd in that pic,,I highlighted it in red font.

I attached a chart from the USTA...hope this clears it up..

Pacingguy
09-15-2009, 08:16 AM
First of all, my apologies. I thought when I first looked in the attachment it had the name of the other horse. Guess I looked to quick.

While the program error should not have occured. Errors do happen; though this one was a doozie and it should be checked how it happens so it doesn't again.

If there is a complaint to be made (and there is), it should be made to the racing commission in Pennsylvania. Last year, there were no divisions in the Juggette so in New Jersey they incorrectly printed in the simulcast program the same betting numbers for the second heat as they did for the first heat. The NJRC would not allow wagering on the second heat of the Jugette even though the the error was found out early in the day before the pools opened for the Delaware card because of a printing error. They realized even with corrected pages being printed, some bettors would not be made aware of the error.

One would not expect the PHRC to not allow wagering on the race but the decision should have been made to bar the horse from wagering. I would have to think they were aware of the problem. I do hope you get a response from the racing commission on this.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-18-2009, 01:11 AM
No Reply from the Racing Commission yet but Pocono has on both issues.

First off they took umbrage at my calling their programs corrupt. They handling of the Pick-7 winners from Canada corrupt. To which I replied to Mr Dale Rapson, if he ever saw a corrupt file on his computer?

Basically he said no one made money on the $1 wager because of their refunding the wagers ($432). Well I had to reply to that and asked if all $1 wagers since the inception of the wager had been refunded, if not, they did benefit and he stated a lie to me.

On the mistake of programing, he blamed the Racing Commission. He also said they re drew 5 minutes after the first draw. He failed to mention redrawing the 4th race. Amazing that both Randy's All In and Clear Vision both drew the 4th post..lol

I smell a cover up. Trackmaster should of sent out an email to all its patrons who subscribed the harness pp's. Once they received the email, they would of been directed to redownload the correct verison. They had two days to correct the problem, who ever fault it is is irrelevant. Trackmaster had the technology and the time to correct it but did not have either the will or intuition to use their resourses to correct it.

Add these two things to the urging rule in Canada plue the Little Brown Jug withdrawing thier signal on Sun and Mon cards of Jug Week and I can this sport becoming but a shadow of what it once was.