PDA

View Full Version : TSN\BRIS

BIG HIT
05-23-2003, 10:24 AM
hI guy's anyone know why tsn is not carrying mth and bris is.?

GameTheory
05-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Data files, you mean?

BRIS is usually ahead of TSN because TSN waits until program #'s are assigned...

BIG HIT
05-23-2003, 12:09 PM
But there are know result from past days ethier that really why i asked.Thanks for the reply though.

BillW
05-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by BIG HIT
But there are know result from past days ethier that really why i asked.Thanks for the reply though.

Big Hit,

MTH doesn't kick off their meet until tomorrow.

Bill

BIG HIT
05-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Wil thank's was looking at simualcast date and trk they showed it starting 21 of month.Also thought they abreviateion was wrong.It is Mnmth.I'am in michigan and hazelpark is not real fan friendly.
THANK'S

sq764
05-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Can someone explain to me what exactly the major difference is between TSN and Bris? And why data files are typically cheaper on TSN when they containg virtually identical information??

takeout
05-23-2003, 03:54 PM
The major difference seems to be that TSN uses Equibase data and BRIS uses data made from DRF result charts that are copyrighted.

This is a neat trick (or should I say rigged game) because DRF gets the data to make its charts from Equibase just like everyone else does.

My question:

If Equibase is the only wholesaler, why does BRIS do business with DRF, who, as best as I can figure, is now some kind of bastard middleman in all of this?

The BRIS/DRF connection and the DRF/Equibase connection (whatever that is, and I'll wager it's flimsy at best) is still a long way away from what should be a level playing field.

lousycapper
05-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by takeout
The major difference seems to be that TSN uses Equibase data and BRIS uses data made from DRF result charts that are copyrighted.

My question:

If Equibase is the only wholesaler, why does BRIS do business with DRF, who, as best as I can figure, is now some kind of bastard middleman in all of this?

The BRIS/DRF connection and the DRF/Equibase connection (whatever that is, and I'll wager it's flimsy at best) is still a long way away from what should be a level playing field.

===========================
Takeout:

I'm guessing... Probably because of an arrangement between DRF and Equibase granting perpetuity to DRF to get their racing information from EB. Bris may have had the same arrangement with DRF and that was part of the EB/DRF chart takeover deal. Maybe someone from DRF or Equibase can clear this up?

-L.C.

Tom
05-24-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by BIG HIT
Wil thank's was looking at simualcast date and trk they showed it starting 21 of month.Also thought they abreviateion was wrong.It is Mnmth.I'am in michigan and hazelpark is not real fan friendly.
THANK'S

Is Hazle Park open now, and do they simulcast? I drive by there a lot and next week would be a good time for me to stop in-I have an early am flight in and a late night flight out with a whole afternoon to kill. I think you get there off of Rt 96W off of 75?
Isn't it near the zoo? Would love to see the place.
Thanks

BIG HIT
05-24-2003, 01:57 AM
Hayzel park is between 9 and 10 mile off dequindre you probably can get in off ten mile if you want.Just east of 75 not real familar with east side just know where the track is my job and a few bar's LOL as live on west side and usually go to northville.
But hazel probably hasn't chg much there cheaper then dirt but two answer your question both trk's have simualcasting.And have websites so you can see what trks are going hazelpark.com should get you there.Good luck and got to go there tommorow cash some tickets other wise go two northville DRC is now gone and replaced with mall sure miss that place as was only ten mim away