PDA

View Full Version : Timeform ratings and commentary card

JBmadera
09-09-2009, 12:24 PM
hopefully this doesn't post twice....work sch changed so i have some time early a.m. for racing. twinspires covers some of the UK tracks. wanted to know if folks have used the brisnet timeform ratings and commentary cards? so far I just download the free pp's and log on to at the races for additional info.

cheers,

jb

BUD
09-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Same here for the UK-ATR and Timeform Have teamed up-Its easier to get the info. Its one intersting animal--On the Spires they have that Racing International
I believe that is out of SAF-Its great to know I'm Not the only crazy doing this:cool:
Is it possible Bris has better info then the Brits themselves?

If you are having good luck Don't fix what aint broke.

JBmadera
09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
you're probably right - between the free pp's plus ATR and Betfair there's a ton of info...and the price is right = 0!

cheers,

jb

robert99
09-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Also have a look at Betfair's Better Betting Strategy and their Education section.
Best articles on the net (0 pence - the land of the free).

http://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/betting-strategy/

BUD
09-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Everytime I tried that its gives me this BS that I can't Blah blah blah---

My sister went to do it--she got right in--My IP Addy??

Now I was Informed that the exchange can even help on our big US Races--See where the smart over seas money is going..

Great great idea.

Congrats in the Big win over ???Croatia?? Me thinks.

robert99
09-10-2009, 08:28 AM

Now I was Informed that the exchange can even help on our big US Races--See where the smart over seas money is going..

Great great idea.

They do block actual betting site part from USA access as they do not want to risk their Directors getting arrested when visiting America. In UK , Betfair get Queen's Award for Industry, takeout a maximum of 5% - in USA they would get arrested as criminals.

A site that may be of interest as to how some in UK do pace ratings without sectionals, plus speed and draw (barrier) ratings is at ATR mini-site for the Doncaster St Leger meeting.

http://www.attheraces.com/leger/index.aspx

Yes, thank you, it was Croatia and England now qualify for the World Cup finals to be played in S Africa. USA played Trinidad in the World Cup CONCACAF - it is great that soccer has a place in uniting people for sport rather than war.

gm10
09-10-2009, 08:48 AM

Great great idea.

You can log in with your phone or blackberry from the US (tried it last year at the BC). Otherwise, just buy some space from a European host that allows remote desktop connections. That way you can use a European IP even from within the US.

Betfair covers a lot of American tracks. I bet on yesterday's last race at Suffolk for example, the total amount bet on the win market was 150.000 dollars. They even provide live video (tonight: Monmouth, Penn, Woodbine, Presque Isle, Louisiana Downs)! As pointed out above, takeout is 5% maximum and less for the big bettors.

I think the US is really missing out on a good thing by not allowing betting exchanges!!

Murph
09-10-2009, 10:29 AM
A site that may be of interest as to how some in UK do pace ratings without sectionals, plus speed and draw (barrier) ratings is at ATR mini-site for the Doncaster St Leger meeting.

http://www.attheraces.com/leger/index.aspxThat's alot of info. Pace ratings are just graphs - no #s. Nice FT speed figs for each runner. I would like to learn more about how the pace ratings are derived. Mr Taylor reviews in todays Group 2 race mentions 2 runners are rated above 8. He then predicts a soft pace and says none are likely to go to the early lead. How does he decide that? What will the odds be on Perfect Truth? I think she'll go short priced favorite today.

Interesting info, thanks.

- it is great that soccer has a place in uniting people for sport rather than war.WC qualifying rounds have been very entertaining.

BUD
09-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Great thread.

So True about Soccer-

I had the LapTop on Talk Sport Out of London-----

Tv on TVG Mute-

Thanks for starting this thread and the info inside-Very Helpful.

robert99
09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
That's alot of info. Pace ratings are just graphs - no #s. Nice FT speed figs for each runner. I would like to learn more about how the pace ratings are derived. Mr Taylor reviews in todays Group 2 race mentions 2 runners are rated above 8. He then predicts a soft pace and says none are likely to go to the early lead. How does he decide that? What will the odds be on Perfect Truth? I think she'll go short priced favorite today.

Interesting info, thanks.

WC qualifying rounds have been very entertaining.

People do pace differently but it comes from the highly detailed race reports of each horse and the time each race was run in. So you know which horses tend to lead, when they are headed and so on and what sort of race times this all happens in. HT's pace numbers indicate the horses most likely to lead; the draw ratings will tell you if it is the right place to get a lead; the speed ratings will tell you if they can keep up the lead to the end and achieve a fast time - if they can't - a soft lead. Text analysis is very powerful if backed up with some numbers. Most people just read the words and fail.

Murph
09-11-2009, 07:45 AM
What will the odds be on Perfect Truth? I think she'll go short priced favorite today.Off @ 15/2, clearly not the favorite, finished 9th. Winner off @ 28/1. I don't see the ratings working very well on this race. I've never felt there is enough form info to blind handicap Euro racing. This winner looked much the best in the running and held on for the score. Same general result I get whenever I try these races. I expected this group2 race would run closer to the posted form. The favorites stopped in spite of the "soft" pace.

robert99
09-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Off @ 15/2, clearly not the favorite, finished 9th. Winner off @ 28/1. I don't see the ratings working very well on this race. I've never felt there is enough form info to blind handicap Euro racing. This winner looked much the best in the running and held on for the score. Same general result I get whenever I try these races. I expected this group2 race would run closer to the posted form. The favorites stopped in spite of the "soft" pace.

Murph,

You have to put the work in with Euro racing to learn the trade.
There is more than enough form information but few ever put the work or thought in to gain from it. You get a far better return because of that.

On ATR speed figures alone, Perfect Truth was 91 lto and going 2 furlongs longer than before. One of only two front runners, as pace chart showed, in a distance race. A bad favourite.
The Minver Rose (won 28/1) was 104 last two races, hold up horse.
Victoria Montoya was 105 last two but likely to go too fast early on. Only two horses in it for consideration of a fitness, stamina race at 15f and VM might blow up.

Doncaster 3-45 Group 2 (Class 1) 15f
Horse Best Lto 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
Perfect Truth 122 91 -- 122 (88) 81 --
Victoria Montoya 105 105 66 98 61 91 --
The Miniver Rose 104 104 71 93 99 -- --
Princess Taylor 103 60 64 103 87 67 45
Sesenta 100 80 39 100 82 -- --
Tanoura 98 69 98 26 -- -- --
Starfala 95 58 28 95 67 95 --
Cassique Lady 88 66 88 71 83 -- --
Sevenna 86 68 86 70 (79) -- --
Shemima 0 -- -- -- -- -- --
Clowance 0 -- -- -- -- -- --
LTO Speed: Victoria Montoya 105 The Miniver Rose 104 Perfect Truth 91
PERFECT TRUTH failed to fire in the Investec Oaks at Epsom in June, but bounced back when finishing second to Tamarind in a Group 3 contest at Cork early last month. A victory in the Cheshire Oaks three outings ago generated a list-dominant speed rating of 122, and it is this number that I'm taking as a guide to her class this afternoon. The filly excelled herself over a mile and a half on good-to-firm turf that day, but still has to prove that she can stay today's extra quarter mile. A 10-1 chance on the early tissue, I'm going to suggest that we back Aidan O'Brien's charge each-way.