PDA

View Full Version : Dissent is Patriotic............except when?

JustRalph
09-09-2009, 09:30 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6490596

I ratted out a rightie at the hospital this morning.

Edited on Tue Sep-08-09 12:33 PM by Critters2
A parishioner was having surgery this morning (in fact, I've come home for lunch, but going back to the hospital, to be there when he comes out of surgery), so I went over and parked in the clergy parking area. Clergy parking is far enough from the hospital that they have a shuttle car come around to pick people up, driven by volunteers. The shuttle pulled up behind my car just as I was getting out, so I hopped in. The driver says, "I like your 'I love my beagle' sticker."

Me: Thank you.
Him: I don't like the other sticker, though.
Me: What?
Him: I don't like your other sticker.
Me: The Obama one?
Him: Yep. I don't like him, I don't trust him.
Me: Because he's black? (Yep, I went there. It's time to confront these racists).
Him: Did I say that?
Me: What other reason would you have to not trust the president of the United States?
Him: I don't know where he's from.
Me: He's from Hawaii originally. More recently from Chicago. Now you know.
Him: I don't like where he was educated.
Me: He has degrees from Columbia and Harvard. Where are your degrees from?

Then we got to the hospital, I wished him a good day, and headed inside. Before going to the surgical area, I stopped at the Human Resources office, and told the woman at the desk that I had a complaint about the shuttle driver. A supervisor was standing nearby, and took me aside to ask what my complaint was. I told her that the shuttle driver was badmouthing the POTUS, and that didn't seem appropriate to me. She asked me which parking lot I had come from, and I told her I was in clergy parking. She replied "I know who it was. I'll have a talk with him." Then she gave me a free lunch pass.

I've had my fill with these people. No more Rev. Nice Guy from me! I challenge them and confront them when necessary.

And it got me a free lunch, which I've saved for a day when I don't feel the need to run home and let the beagle out."

Loads of comments at the link

DJofSD
09-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I wonder if that hypocrit is a member of Rev. Wrights church.

JustRalph
09-09-2009, 09:48 AM
More fun and frolic from DU

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6495602

This guy was going to beat up a senior citizen

jballscalls
09-09-2009, 10:40 AM
DU is so fun and the people are even a little crazier than the ones here!!

Whats funny is they are now dealing with being in power and listening to wacky conspiracy theories and they hate it just like the right did!

When Bush was in office the left were throwing around theories that he was in cahoots with Bin Laden, that they were responsible for 9/11 and that he was a fascist nazi, and now the right are saying the same things about Obama. Funny how the world turns

46zilzal
09-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I thought the consensus was that the rutabaga was, and is, just STUPID with a capital S while Darth Vader actually pulled the strings like the Pulitzer award winning author Barton Gellman exposed in his book, The Angler.

Tom
09-09-2009, 11:35 AM
In your closed mind maybe.
He is a damn sight more intelligent than you will ever be! :lol:

46zilzal
09-09-2009, 11:38 AM
In your closed mind maybe.
He is a damn sight more intelligent than you will ever be!
I have greater intelligence in my amygdala than old George has in his entire person.

What a white powder snorting, alcoholic BUFFOON having a life long safety net of daddy and grand daddy's money to shore up his life long incompetence.

JustRalph
09-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I have greater intelligence in my amygdala than old George has in his entire person.

What a white powder snorting, alcoholic BUFFOON having a life long safety net of daddy and grand daddy's money to shore up his life long incompetence.

The proverbial dead horse gets another whack!

Marshall Bennett
09-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't even read his post anymore . I've decided my time should no longer be wasted on such garbage . He and mostpost are on my ignore list . :)

newtothegame
09-09-2009, 12:23 PM

You tell em zilly.....Obama and his white powder snorting....wait...you were talking Obama , right? Gee...and I thought you just finished his memoirs :lol:

ddog
09-09-2009, 12:37 PM
ya now, that's beyond dissent, it's just low class scum.

Why take enjoyment in ratting someone out who is just trying to earn a living.

I expect that point was missed by the other side when the POTUS was of their type as well.

My god this country is full of scum.

Heaven help us.

:ThmbDown: :(

DJofSD
09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I wonder if the DU poster had considered how they would feel if the circumstances were reversed: they were the shuttle driver and the other person was the passenger. Would they have liked it when their boss took them aside for a little talk?

toetoe
09-09-2009, 03:41 PM
I have greater intelligence in my amygdala

Careful, now. Richard Gere had a toolbox stuck in his for the longest time. Don't trifle with it.

Tom
09-09-2009, 07:48 PM
The proverbial dead horse gets another whack!

Zilly is a dead horse? :lol:

DJofSD
09-09-2009, 07:56 PM
I am not sure. I thought maybe it was an obuse reference to "The Godfather".

cj's dad
09-09-2009, 08:40 PM

That's Dr. Zilly to you Tom - show some respect puhleeze !!!!

rastajenk
09-09-2009, 09:13 PM
I wonder what percent of the clergy this moron represents. Is he typical (which I suspect), or just a fringe element?

I know that the pastor of my parents' Presbyterian church was outspokenly (and somewhat controversially, given the conservative nature of the unit) for Obama before the election, for no other reason that I could ascertain but that he is black. General principles, policy specifics, past associations, and anything else that might flesh out the whole picture seemed irrelevant to this guy; denying the black guy the White House would be an act of racism so profound that it couldn't be allowed to happen...here was our chance, we had to take advantage of it, or forever be shamed. Or so it seemed.

What kind of clergyman swims in the cesspool of Democratic Underground?

DJofSD
09-09-2009, 10:18 PM
What kind of clergyman swims in the cesspool of Democratic Underground?The kind that recognizes sin and sinners when he sees them.

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2009, 03:16 AM
What a white powder snorting, alcoholic BUFFOONOh shit, for a moment there, I thought you were talking about Obama....:lol:

wes
09-10-2009, 08:52 AM
46zilza, This one is for you!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/05/21/bionic_proctologist

wes

exactaplayer
09-10-2009, 09:25 AM
DU is so fun and the people are even a little crazier than the ones here!!

I am going to check out this site. Cannot believe there are crazier people than the ones here. :lol:

BlueShoe
09-10-2009, 09:36 AM
What a white powder snorting, alcoholic BUFFOON to shore up his life long incompetence.
Has he quit smoking yet,or does he still sneak a few quick drags every now and then?Am not talking about tobacco,but about something that is,shall we say,a bit more mellow.

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Cannot believe there are crazier people than the ones here. :lol:Yes, I'm sure you just cannot....:lol: :lol:

Pell Mell
09-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Here is a column that explains exactly why it is totally useless to try to reason with a liberal:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=109350