PDA

View Full Version : BRISNET - server issue w/ In Today pages?

DJofSD
09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
I seem to be having a problem with some of the web pages from BRISNET. I'm wondering if this is a problem for others. I initially noticed the problem a couple of weeks ago.

Whenever I navigate to the In Today pages then select any date from the calendar of available dates then select by horse and all, the browser will begin to display the page. If it is FireFox the progress bar will show about 7/8's complete then hang for a long time. If it is Internet Explorer, it will show just a little bit of the requested page, hang for a while (but not as long as FF) then complete the fetch of the page. Using Task Manager shows not responding for the browser session under applications and in the processes display the process for the browser session shows 49% CPU consumption.

Furthermore, in a FF session, if I attempt to save the web page, it will again hang terribly when in the Save As dialog. Saving the web page while using IE is working as expected.

I would like to think this is a FireFox problem except IE has the hang too with the initial fetch for the web page, just not as bad as FF. It appears that FF really has a problem when it enters it's Save As dialog.

FF is 3.5.2 and IE is 8.0.6001.18813 .

Any suggestions?

michiken
09-09-2009, 07:58 PM
DJ,

I tried to replicate this problem using Firefox 3.5.2 on Arch Linux.

The browser completely crashed when I selected the 'all' link.

I am guessing it is a Brisnet web page problem. Email tech support?

DJofSD
09-09-2009, 08:01 PM
No, I haven't but if you've independently had the same or a similar problem, I will now.

Thanks for testing and validating it's not my system or software.

Tom
09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
No problems using FF 3.0.13.
All the a letter for a horse - pops right up.

headhawg
09-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Just checked. Using FF 3.5.2 and clicking a date and selecting all/all, it appears to load fine. However, when I tried to close the tab that I opened it in FF went to Not Responding for about 10 seconds before it closed the tab.

Something about the page isn't right, but we're all giving different responses to the problem which makes it really strange. But it's not likely your system.

DJofSD
09-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Thx, HH.

I did send an email to BRIS. We'll see if they respond.

senortout
09-10-2009, 03:13 AM
I am using firefox 3.5.3 and this is in the middle of the night but I did the search that failed for you and it works flawlessly with no delay whatsoeve...perhaps they were experiencing heavy use at the times you tried?

senortout

DJofSD
09-10-2009, 08:59 AM
I just tried it again. While the initial web page did load into FF faster when entering into the Save As dialog, FF went out to lunch for a minute or more. It always eventually does stop burning the CPU cycles but it drops out of the Save As dialog. When starting the Save As dialog over, it always works quickly the second time.

DJofSD
09-12-2009, 10:52 AM
A new version of FF just released seems to have addressed the problems.