PDA

View Full Version : For all you Florida Gator fans....

Turfday
09-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Just a reminder that Florida lost FOUR games as recently as 2007.

And boy...this really PISSED OFF a certain historical figure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQU9q_6vlPM&feature=related

Not funny...HILARIOUS whether you're a Gator fan or not.

rrbauer
09-09-2009, 08:39 AM
To put this in perspective, Bob is a big UCLA fan, which could go 1-12 so long as the 1 was against USC.

Bochall
09-09-2009, 11:18 AM
How long has it been since Florida played a non bowl game outside of the South? Something like 7 yrs or more...please corect me if I am wrong, but it's been awhile. Need to travel to Texas or Oklahoma (heard thats easy these days!) or Big Ten country...anything besides Fla Int'l or Fla Atlantic

cj
09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Both Florida and Texas have ridiculous non conference schedules. Of course, with the way the BCS is designed, they have no incentive to play anyone. Easier to just be chickens and play cupcakes.

CBedo
09-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Both Florida and Texas have ridiculous non conference schedules. Of course, with the way the BCS is designed, they have no incentive to play anyone. Easier to just be chickens and play cupcakes.When Texas or Florida gets screwed over by a Ok St or a BYU type who play some real non conf schedules, then they will start scheduling tougher again.

cj
09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
When Texas or Florida gets screwed over by a Ok St or a BYU type who play some real non conf schedules, then they will start scheduling tougher again.

It did happen to Texas last year for the most part.

CBedo
09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
It did happen to Texas last year for the most part.I don't think schedule had anything to do with it last year. The "recency" factor seemed to be key. Texas played Florida Atlantic (7-6), UTEP (5-7), Rice (10-3), & Arkansas (5-7) outside the conference. OU played Chatanooga, Cincinnati (11-3), Washington (0-11), & TCU (11-2).

pktruckdriver
09-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Ok being a Gator fan from last year we all know this. Remember

GO GATORS AND DOLPHINS

I feel a little ashamed, just a little, that we do not have better non-conference games,but we do play in THE TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, so we are given a little more leeway, it seems.

To me I would love to go Ne or OK or Tx or Mi or USC and whoop ass, but I think others are afraid to take us upon the challenge,Oh well..

Patrick

CBedo
09-10-2009, 03:11 AM
I think it would be really cool if the football conferences did like they do in basketball and have one weekend where all the teams from one conference play another conference, like the SEC play the Big 12, or something similar. Not very realistic, but would be cool.

Watcher
09-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Ok being a Gator fan from last year we all know this. Remember

GO GATORS AND DOLPHINS

I feel a little ashamed, just a little, that we do not have better non-conference games,but we do play in THE TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, so we are given a little more leeway, it seems.

To me I would love to go Ne or OK or Tx or Mi or USC and whoop ass, but I think others are afraid to take us up on the challenge,Oh well..

Patrick

USC has played 3 SEC teams since 2000:

2003 USC 23 - @Auburn 0
2005 @USC 71 - Arkansas 17
2006 USC 50 - @Arkansas 14

Auburn and Arkansas both one their division. 17-10-1 all-time record vs SEC.

Quagmire
09-10-2009, 09:37 AM

2003 USC 23 - @Auburn 0

I remember USC and Florida State played a home and home series a few years back. They were good games.

pktruckdriver
09-10-2009, 09:49 AM

2003 USC 23 - @Auburn 0

USC needstoplay Ga., LSU OR Alabama or Florida home and away and I think It would be great games,but I still feel USC would get knocked around playing real SEC powerhouse teams, its amazing we let Ark in the sec, so that stat doesn't impress too many,ok.

Patrick

1st time lasix
09-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Last year Florida played both Miami and FSU out of conference along with eight bowl teams from the previous year. They won the extra SEC conference game in Georgia versus Alabama ....and just rolled Oklahoma on neutral site. The Championship game was over early. Give credit when it is due. This year they get the FSU rivalry out of conference....will likely play in the the SEC championship game and possibly blow someone else out in the title game. Tough games include LSU away at night. Georgia. They will likely crush Tennessee with the incentive provided by Coach Lane Kiffin. Hate them due to jealousy if you want....but that Fla team is loaded and fun to watch. Reality is that the home games early in the season are massive money makers for the entire sports program. They have to pay premier coaches in all sports, build top quality facilities and get booster support for excellence.

Bochall
09-10-2009, 11:18 AM

2003 USC 23 - @Auburn 0

Auburn and Arkansas both one their division. 17-10-1 all-time record vs SEC.Those arent SEC teams!!!

Watcher
09-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Wasn't it just a few years ago when the SEC was up in arms about Auburn being snubbed from the National Championship game? Seems as though they were part of the SEC then.

cj
09-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I don't think schedule had anything to do with it last year. The "recency" factor seemed to be key. Texas played Florida Atlantic (7-6), UTEP (5-7), Rice (10-3), & Arkansas (5-7) outside the conference. OU played Chatanooga, Cincinnati (11-3), Washington (0-11), & TCU (11-2).

Oklahoma won because of the computer rankings. The TCU/Cincy tandem clearly put them past Texas' wins over Rice and whichever other one is next best.

cj
09-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Last year Florida played both Miami and FSU out of conference along with eight bowl teams from the previous year. They won the extra SEC conference game in Georgia versus Alabama ....and just rolled Oklahoma on neutral site. The Championship game was over early. Give credit when it is due. This year they get the FSU rivalry out of conference....will likely play in the the SEC championship game and possibly blow someone else out in the title game. Tough games include LSU away at night. Georgia. They will likely crush Tennessee with the incentive provided by Coach Lane Kiffin. Hate them due to jealousy if you want....but that Fla team is loaded and fun to watch. Reality is that the home games early in the season are massive money makers for the entire sports program. They have to pay premier coaches in all sports, build top quality facilities and get booster support for excellence.

Everything you write kind of goes out the window when you say they rolled Oklahoma and that the game was over early. Did you even watch it, or even read a recap?

DanG
09-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Hate them due to jealousy if you want....but that Fla team is loaded and fun to watch.
That’s all it is FTL / …not worth addressing with their conference schedule and obvious talent. As every year proves; get their defense early before they figure it out and if and when they happen to lose expect the overreaction from the remainder of the nation.

There is another way to look at it if you call yourself a fan of college football, and not just of ‘your’ conference. Enjoy a team that puts forth as much effort each week as any team in America led by one of the greatest college football players (leaders) in history.

As Rachel is finding out…it’s an unfortunate trait of human nature to throw stones at achievement.

Quagmire
09-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Those arent SEC teams!!!

http://www.secsportsfan.com/sec-vs-pac-10-football.html

SEC record vs Pac-10 teams thru 2008.

As for the SEC vs Pac 10 football, all-time, head-to-head record (through the 2008 season) – here it is:

The SEC leads the Pac-10 60-38-5 (.607). However, over the past 11 years (1998 - 2008), the Pac-10 actually leads the SEC 10-7 (.588).

The above calculation is based on "historical conference affiliation." If you run the same SEC vs Pac-10 numbers based on "current conference affiliation" you find out that the SEC leads 63-40-6 (.578).

Bochall
09-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Those arent SEC teams!!!We really need to invent a sarcasm font. I was just taking a shot at Auburn and Arkansas, esp Auburn who've never really won anything.

cj's dad
09-13-2009, 06:41 PM
We really need to invent a sarcasm font. I was just taking a shot at Auburn and Arkansas, esp Auburn who've never really won anything.

There is a "sarcasm" emoticon.:rolleyes:

cj's dad
09-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Since this thread kinda drifted away from UF, the QB for Houston lit up OkSU
yesterday - Believe I heard an announcer comment that he threw for 5000+ yards last year.

cj
09-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Since this thread kinda drifted away from UF, the QB for Houston lit up OkSU
yesterday - Believe I heard an announcer comment that he threw for 5000+ yards last year.

Yes, he was pretty darn good last year too. I warned all the guys here that this was a VERY dangerous game for OSU. They did have a few fluky bounces go against them, and that was enough to do the Cowboys in.

Marshall Bennett
09-13-2009, 07:32 PM
OSU went into this game as probably the most overrated team in the country , UH probably the most underrated . Yeah , the game had upset written all over it .

Bochall
09-14-2009, 11:00 AM
There is a "sarcasm" emoticon.:rolleyes:...reminds me of a quote by Comic Book Guy on the Simpsons: There is no emoticon for what I am feeling!

sammy the sage
09-15-2009, 10:01 AM
welll...somebody wanted facts... ;)

FACT is...Fla. is 1-0-1 all time against the Usc trojans...

I was at the game where Wilbur Mashall single-handled BLEW-UP the offense from the left coast...fun game for the GATORS!