PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day fun at Del Mar

statik27
09-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Had today off so I thought I'd post my picks for Del Mar. This is in no way an endorsement to bet them lol.

Del Mar 9/7/09

Race 1: :3: To Hot For You 5/1--This is really just a connections play, Mitchell has had a good couple of weeks and this filly gets the weight break with Reyes on board. If you have to play this race in pk3's and 4's hit the all button, it's a sad group of none winners of 2 lifetime 10k claimers.

Race 2: :5: Dixie Sandals 7/2-- I was really impressed with this filly's debut making a huge move from the 3/8's home to only get beat 1 and 1/2 lengths. Should relish the mile distance being by Dixieland Band out of an Arch mare.

Race 3: :2: Hot N Dusty 7/2-- This race appears to have a ton of speed in it and this mare has the best turn of foot in the field if she can translate her turf form to the poly.

Race 4: :5: Yankee Visionary 5/2-- Has been facing some tough customer's of late. Should get a good trip with the stretch out and was beaten a nose last summer routing over this strip.

Race 5: :1: Megastar 6/1-- Its taken a little while to get this horse to the races, but Jay Em Ess spent 450k on him as a yearling and he has a 1:12 flat gate work going 6f coming into his debut. Like this one at the odds.

Race 6: :1: John Scott 7/2-- Colt won his debut like a good one. Broke slow, made steady ground on the turn and had to split horses at the top of the stretch to grind out the win. Both the 2nd and 3rd places finisher's in that race have come back to win. Carla Gaines does not send horses into stakes unless they can win.

Race 7: :10: Cragmont 15/1-- There's nothing about this colt at the price not to like. By Yes its true out of a Glitterman mare, solid works coming into this debut and gets leading rider Rosario. Me likes.

Race 8: :1: Lookin At Lucky 9/5-- I tried to beat this colt in here and I just don't see it. Perhaps the inside is his undoing, but he was so professional in his last I don't think it'll hurt him much. BC Juvy Favorite?

Race 9: :5: Going Forward 7/2-- Gets back to the main track against easier. Looks plain better than these.

Race 10: :1: Mr. Munsey 8/1-- This smells like one of those Kitchingman specials. They only paid 10k for this one as a yearling and the MC40k is a realistic debut for him. Check out the 58 flat drill 2nd of 55 on the 28th. Should be good enough against this kind.