PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sad for Iggy Puglisi, he's got no mounts.

Imriledup
09-07-2009, 01:24 AM
I see that Matt Garcia is riding a 3-1 ML horse for Hollendorfer tomorrow at Sac in a 75k race. I don't know why Iggy isn't branching out and trying to grab some rides away from home. The jock colony up in NoCalif is really weak, Iggy can be a top 5 rider at Golden gate if he puts his mind to it. I'd love to feel sorry for him, but he's gotta get out there and get back to riding.

Mineshaft
09-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I see that Matt Garcia is riding a 3-1 ML horse for Hollendorfer tomorrow at Sac in a 75k race. I don't know why Iggy isn't branching out and trying to grab some rides away from home. The jock colony up in NoCalif is really weak, Iggy can be a top 5 rider at Golden gate if he puts his mind to it. I'd love to feel sorry for him, but he's gotta get out there and get back to riding.

Definetely has to go to a lesser track.

Marshall Bennett
09-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't think he's near the jockey he once was . He was out for a long time with an injury and worked at TVG during that time . I don't know what others think , but to here him talk about returning he almost seemed frightened at the prospect . I'm not sure he's ready , I'm sure he needs the money , but is his heart in it 100% . Trainers apparently don't think so .

Imriledup
09-07-2009, 03:02 PM
The weird thing is that Kyle Kaenel somehow has over 70 rides at DEL MAR. This is the same Kyle Kaenel who was like 1 for 250 up north and mysteriously, this guy is getting some live mounts. No way Kaenel is better than Iggy. I think its just out of sight out of mind for Iggy. Maybe Ignacio is just exercising horses in the morning hoping that some trainers put him down in the afternoon? You have to actually prove you can win, the best way i think to do that is to ride at the smaller tracks and pile up some wins and get noticed again.

Greyfox
09-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Sorry, but I've never been a fan of Iggy with his stand tall parachute way of rating runners. Having said that, he usually pulls down a few winners at Fairplex, if only because he's better at riding bull rings than the main ovals.

Imriledup
09-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Sorry, but I've never been a fan of Iggy with his stand tall parachute way of rating runners. Having said that, he usually pulls down a few winners at Fairplex, if only because he's better at riding bull rings than the main ovals.

Joel Rosario he's not, but there are worse or equal riders out there getting mounts and winning, you have to wonder where the Ig man has been hiding.

maxwell
09-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I had completely forgotten about IggyPug. Where does time get to?

Hastings, Emerald Downs, and Fairplex could keep him going, and perhaps rekindle his racing spirit?

Hajck Hillstrom
09-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Emerald Downs, home of one of his biggest wins in the `01 Longacres Mile aboard Irisheyesareflying. :ThmbUp:

Imriledup
09-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Iggy didn't come across like he had too much confidence on JOCKEYS. I watched the show with someone who isn't familiar with racing that much and when Iggy was thanking Hofmans for giving him a mount on a good horse the person i watched the show with was like "cmon man, have some confidence in yourself, act like you can get it done, act like you aren't completely shocked someone gave you a mount"

JustRalph
09-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Vic..........take his book!!!!!!

Bochall
09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Watched Iggy on the JOCKEYS show and I also thought he lacks confidence. He looks out of shape...every jock or exercise rider I've seen ever has been a lil rock solid powerhouse with cut muscles. Not Iggy. Not to start a new topic but I love the JOCKS show on APL. It's just some things I never see as a fan, like the drama in the Jocks' room. (who woulda known Nakatani is such an SOB who walks naked in front of Kayla Stra...and also hits other jocks..?). Chantal was suggesting that Flores and Solis are such good buds that they will move their tiring horse out of the way for one another but not for her...interesting. Never thought of those things happening.

cj's dad
09-08-2009, 11:20 AM
I seem to recall that after Julie Krone had that horrific spill at Gulfstream Park (?)
that when she did return she seemed very timid. How long after that did she retire ?? Anyone

Maybe Iggy is feeling the same way; maybe some who fall off the horse simply can't "get right back on".

Marshall Bennett
09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Anything I see on Jockeys I take with a grain of salt . It's basically entertainment .

46zilzal
09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I had completely forgotten about IggyPug. Where does time get to?

Hastings, Emerald Downs, and Fairplex could keep him going, and perhaps rekindle his racing spirit?

He couldn't work into the jockey colony in Vancouver as it is now the strongest in 20 years as the leading rider at Assiniboa, Alan Cuthbertson, just showed up for the big fall races, Gerry Cruise arrived from Ontario and a great apprentice name Giovanni Franco is doing very well. No room for even some of the lesser ones here as it is.

banacek
09-08-2009, 12:56 PM
He couldn't work into the jockey colony in Vancouver as it is now the strongest in 20 years as the leading rider at Assiniboa, Alan Cuthbertson, just showed up for the big fall races, Gerry Cruise arrived from Ontario and a great apprentice name Giovanni Franco is doing very well. No room for even some of the lesser ones here as it is.

I've got charts from the old Western Canada circuit from 1969 with Alan Cuthbertson riding. Is it the same guy..must be in his 60s..or maybe his son?

46zilzal
09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I've got charts from the old Western Canada circuit from 1969 with Alan Cuthbertson riding. Is it the same guy..must be in his 60s..or maybe his son?
same guy who cleaned up his act and yes, he is that old

rokitman
09-08-2009, 01:11 PM
same guy who cleaned up his act and yes, he is that old
Wow. God bless him.

Tom
09-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Sounds like He already did! :eek: :ThmbUp:

maxwell
09-09-2009, 02:50 AM

If I were the leading rider at Assiniboa I would probably keep it to myself. :D

It's hard to believe Cuthbertson is still in the saddle but I'm glad he was able to turn his life around. He used to ride for my uncle back in the day. He was a punk kid back then. The last time I saw him ( '65 ) he was sitting on the roof of his car drinking a beer.

Cruise must be getting back his 5lb. "bug" to ship out of Woodbine? The last time he tried that little prank they deported him to wee bonnie Scotland. It goes to show you how dysfunctional Woodbine is to allow this guy back on the track.

I don't know Franco but I wish him the best. :)

JustRalph
09-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Watched Iggy on the JOCKEYS show and I also thought he lacks confidence. He looks out of shape...every jock or exercise rider I've seen ever has been a lil rock solid powerhouse with cut muscles. Not Iggy. Not to start a new topic but I love the JOCKS show on APL. It's just some things I never see as a fan, like the drama in the Jocks' room. (who woulda known Nakatani is such an SOB who walks naked in front of Kayla Stra...and also hits other jocks..?). Chantal was suggesting that Flores and Solis are such good buds that they will move their tiring horse out of the way for one another but not for her...interesting. Never thought of those things happening.

How do you get the show in the Virgin Islands? DishNet work down there?

Bochall
09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
How do you get the show in the Virgin Islands? DishNet work down there? Good ole' cable TV...we got cable around 1981-82 and it's one of the things that is actually run well down here.

Marshall Bennett
09-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Good ole' cable TV...we got cable around 1981-82 and it's one of the things that is actually run well down here.
Wish I could say that about my cable provider ( Suddenlink ) . Down at least 2 or 3 times a week . Last week my internet was down 2 days . Fortunately I have Dish as well for the television or I'd really be pissed . I've started calling them every time there's a problem and have them credit my account . My only alternative is to go with DSL through the local phone co. but from what I've heard it's just as bad . Perhaps it's the bad economy , Suddenlink simply refuses to correct their problems and because the service is so bad , they're not even accepting new accounts .

JustRalph
09-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Good ole' cable TV...we got cable around 1981-82 and it's one of the things that is actually run well down here.
:ThmbUp: Thanks for filling me in........

It's on the list when we discuss where to retire..........still have many years though. The wife spent some time in Curacao a few years back and loved it. She has been looking at the part of the world ever since......... I would rather be up north more............Curacao seems too far south to me

joanied
09-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I just got the chance to see last weeks Jockey's (episode2)...poor Iggy...I do feel sorry for him because he looks absolutley lost. I agree with the poster who mentioned Iggy not seeming confident...when Hoffmans gave him that mount I thought the man was gonna get down and kiss the trainer's feet...come on, Iggy...be strong, be sure.
Maybe he is affraid...and if he is, he has no business trying to get mounts...I think his girlfriend is putting pressure on him to get back 'on top' ...which is plainly not gonna happen.
I was happy he won on the horse...in a 4 horse field...but, he did boot home a winner...and now his girlfriend can spend that on a wedding and to hell with the mortgage...poor Iggy.

I thought Chantell was totally off base with her whinny crap about jocks ganing up on her in that race...Mike said all the right things to her...like, get over it!!!
Does she think they should give her an easy time out there just so she can win...I don't think so!

Tom Barrister
09-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Iggy can be a top 5 rider at Golden gate if he puts his mind to it.

My parrot could be a top 5 rider at Golden Gate.

Imriledup
09-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I just got the chance to see last weeks Jockey's (episode2)...poor Iggy...I do feel sorry for him because he looks absolutley lost. I agree with the poster who mentioned Iggy not seeming confident...when Hoffmans gave him that mount I thought the man was gonna get down and kiss the trainer's feet...come on, Iggy...be strong, be sure.
Maybe he is affraid...and if he is, he has no business trying to get mounts...I think his girlfriend is putting pressure on him to get back 'on top' ...which is plainly not gonna happen.
I was happy he won on the horse...in a 4 horse field...but, he did boot home a winner...and now his girlfriend can spend that on a wedding and to hell with the mortgage...poor Iggy.

I thought Chantell was totally off base with her whinny crap about jocks ganing up on her in that race...Mike said all the right things to her...like, get over it!!!
Does she think they should give her an easy time out there just so she can win...I don't think so!

Maybe his GF is pressuring him to NOT move to N Cal to pursue winners. He seems totally whipped, he even has a tattoo on his back worshiping her. Break away iggy, if Matt Garcia can win, so can you!

Doc
09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
There was a scene in the last episode of Jockeys where I swear Iggy was crying ... I wanted to shake him and say "stop it, be a man!" But honestly I was the one getting misty-eyed at the final scene, when he wins that race and he and his girlfriend are dancing. I thought this was the best-ever episode of Jockeys, and I really hope Iggy gets his life together and finds a circuit where he can ride a steady diet of winners. Hey, David Cohen moved to the East Coast and is leading rider at Delaware Park now - Iggy's got to move to where he can be a star. No use beating his head against a brick wall begging for mounts at Santa Anita or Del Mar.

joanied
09-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah...I saw the tats also, Imriledup...and Doc...he was crying...doesn't he know "there's no cryin' in horse racing" :D ....

I do think he is pretty much a 'whipped' man...I think she calls the shots in this relationship...my fear is if Iggy can't make that 'come back' in S Cal., she'll leave him high and dry (hope I'm wrong about that...he seems a very sweet man)...I just hope he won't let her talk him into spending that win money all on a wedding...geeze!

Marshall Bennett
09-09-2009, 06:23 PM
He'll probably blow it on another 5 or 6 tatoos . :)

Cat Thief
09-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I am sure Iggy is alot better than Alan Cuthbertson. Tried to speak to him at Assiniboine Downs after he won a race there and he was RUDE. Don't think he can hack Hastings ... I am sure that's why he is at Assinibone Downs. Besides he must be ready for Old Age pension.

Doc
09-09-2009, 09:22 PM
If Iggy and his girlfriend really love each other, they should just find a Justice of the Peace somewhere and tie the knot. Then maybe sometime in the future they can cough up the cash for a big celebration.

WinterTriangle
09-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Iggy didn't come across like he had too much confidence on JOCKEYS.

I was just going to say that.

I think our destiny's are somewhat tied to our self esteem.

OTOH, how can he get confidence without good mounts?

reminds me of actor friends, can't get a SAG card without theatre role, but can't GET theatre role without SAG card.

Greyfox
09-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Iggy should join "Height Watchers."

Imriledup
09-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Iggy has a mount at Fairplex, i hear those church bells ringing!:jump:

Run Nicholas Run
09-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Iggy should ship his tack to arizona and ride
at turf parasite and then go on the 'zona fair circuit.
He could be leading rider at Kingman.

Run Nicholas Run
09-11-2009, 11:56 PM
My parrot could be a top 5 rider at Golden Gate.

Does your parrot pack a machine if needed
and does the parrot know to stiff the fav out
of the super?

Imriledup
09-12-2009, 01:06 AM
I was just going to say that.

I think our destiny's are somewhat tied to our self esteem.

OTOH, how can he get confidence without good mounts?

reminds me of actor friends, can't get a SAG card without theatre role, but can't GET theatre role without SAG card.

Iggy needs to stand up to Nakatani also. He let Nak punk him and just stood there and took it. You gotta fight back, even if you get your butt kicked, you gotta be a man and get him back. Iggy needs to go up to Nak and just haul off and smash him in the face. You can't feel 'bullied' in your own jocks room.

Greyfox
09-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Iggy needs to go up to Nak and just haul off and smash him in the face. .

That has to be the dumbest advice I've seen given on this board ever.
Certainly it should get this year's award with ease.

What if Nakatani or anyone else is knocked unconcious and suffers permanent brain damage, or worse yet death. Believe it or not Mr. Riled Up that type of injury happens every day in every city in North America. Physical violence should only be condoned for self-defense.

BlueShoe
09-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey,Iggy got a win today.4th at Fairplex,Figo $14.60.Believe that it was his only mount of the day,so he made the most of it.The race was one of those awful 4f maiden claimers,but still,a win is a win.

Zaf
09-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Congrats IGGY :jump:

Greyfox
09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Hey,Iggy got a win today.4th at Fairplex,Figo $14.60.Believe that it was his only mount of the day,so he made the most of it.The race was one of those awful 4f maiden claimers,but still,a win is a win.

He can ride bull rings.

Imriledup
09-12-2009, 10:46 PM
That has to be the dumbest advice I've seen given on this board ever.
Certainly it should get this year's award with ease.

What if Nakatani or anyone else is knocked unconcious and suffers permanent brain damage, or worse yet death. Believe it or not Mr. Riled Up that type of injury happens every day in every city in North America. Physical violence should only be condoned for self-defense.

Oh please, Iggy should have punched him back, its great advice.

juanepstein
09-12-2009, 10:51 PM
iggys #1 trainer that used to give the top mounts in the 80s and 90s was at fairplex with a horse today- paul aguirre. aguirre had pedroza ride even though iggy was at the track today.

the horse won- ouch!

so much for ol buds.

Greyfox
09-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Oh please, Iggy should have punched him back, its great advice.
:ThmbUp: Agreed. I take back what I said.
I never saw the show.
I was told this evening in our O.T.B. that Nakatani punched Puglisi.
Under those circumstances, Iggy should have punched him back, again and again.
That's self defence. I read your post differently without that knowledge.
However, he didn't punch him back at the time of the altercation.
There is no way on God's green earth, he should walk up to him at any point after and smash him one.

Imriledup
09-26-2009, 01:53 PM
I never saw the show.
There is no way on God's green earth, he should walk up to him at any point after and smash him one.

You're right, he had to do it at the time, or in the very near future after the incident.

Bruddah
09-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I never saw the show.

Sorry, I don't agree with that.

My sophmore year in High School, I had a senior, about two heads taller, slap me around with a bunch of his buds. The next morning, I arrived at the bus stop with my bat and ball glove. I walked up behind him and hit him in the back of the knees with the bat. Once he was on the ground, I literally kicked the sh*t out of him. I then picked up the bat and asked his buddies if they wanted some ass whipping. From that moment on, I understood what Teddy Rosevelt mean when he said "walk softly, but carry a big stick". I will also tell you, I never had any trouble in High School afterwards. Whether you win or lose, you must face and fight a bully. In most cases you will only have to do it once, win, lose or draw. :ThmbUp:

Barney Rubble
09-26-2009, 03:14 PM
I am sure Iggy is alot better than Alan Cuthbertson. Tried to speak to him at Assiniboine Downs after he won a race there and he was RUDE. Don't think he can hack Hastings ... I am sure that's why he is at Assinibone Downs. Besides he must be ready for Old Age pension.

No chance is Iggy better than Cuthbertson. Iggy has the highest riding style on the planet. He did a lot of riding at Northlands Park, and it wasn't pretty there. Then for some reason he winds up in California with everyone talking about what a great talent he is. I don't get it.

my_nameaintearl
09-26-2009, 03:14 PM
[/B]

My sophmore year in High School, I had a senior, about two heads taller, slap me around with a bunch of his buds. The next morning, I arrived at the bus stop with my bat and ball glove. I walked up behind him and hit him in the back of the knees with the bat. Once he was on the ground, I literally kicked the sh*t out of him. I then picked up the bat and asked his buddies if they wanted some ass whipping. From that moment on, I understood what Teddy Rosevelt mean when he said "walk softly, but carry a big stick". I will also tell you, I never had any trouble in High School afterwards. Whether you win or lose, you must face and fight a bully. In most cases you will only have to do it once, win, lose or draw. :ThmbUp:

you smacked him with a bat, Sounds like a bitch move to me

Barney Rubble
09-26-2009, 03:21 PM
[/B]

That is brutal! Attack someone from behind with a bat. I'm guessing that the guy did not do that kind of damage to you. With his buddies looking on, I'm surprized one of them didn't grab the bat and shove it somewhere where the sun don't shine.

Marshall Bennett
09-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Could have thrown the glove at him to get his attention , and then gone to the bat . :lol:

Imriledup
09-27-2009, 12:16 AM
you smacked him with a bat, Sounds like a bitch move to me

I disagree. The guy got what he deserved.

Good Job Bruddah :ThmbUp:

Hanover1
09-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I disagree. The guy got what he deserved.

Good Job Bruddah :ThmbUp:
Never bring a knife to a gunfight.........