PDA

View Full Version : I wonder why?

cj
09-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Why doesn't Jackson want to run RA on rubber? I give you exhibit 1, the Pacific Classic. Nuff said...

andymays
09-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Why doesn't Jackson want to run RA on rubber? I give you exhibit 1, the Pacific Classic. Nuff said...

Yep!

bisket
09-06-2009, 08:29 PM
its been good to me though i hit the tri at keenland on a similar situation. with general quarters in the bluegrass

classhandicapper
09-06-2009, 08:52 PM
I would have had a tough time coming up with that horse other than thinking Baffert had it ready to fire a new top and not liking a few of the shorter priced horses at 10F at DelMar with plenty of pace in the race. But even with all that, at most I would have used the horse to fill out exotics.

Plenty of people did like it though. I saw favorable posts on the TG board, RAGs board, and here.

bisket
09-06-2009, 09:18 PM
watch how his grandaddy won the big cap some years back!! does it look familiar? baffert always moves his horses up first two races he has them. rich's first race was so bad i just eliminated it. look at pioneer of the niles second race after baffert got him. that was nile's best race of his career. not the cashcall, but the next one. so this was rich's second for baffert. first at 1 1/4 mile and he was going to improve sometime at 4 years all this plus none of the favs had a good race over the del mar course. watch rich's grandaddy in this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAEZ-QRAts8

lamboguy
09-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Why doesn't Jackson want to run RA on rubber? I give you exhibit 1, the Pacific Classic. Nuff said...asmussen doesn't send his first stringers to canada for all that money they have up there. you won't see dixie chic on synthetic either. that looks like his best 2 yo now male or female to date.

Hank
09-06-2009, 09:58 PM

True,but the die was cast with last years BC classic. Curlin's style fit the rubber better than RA's.And this year you'll be facing an even stronger Euro attack,Hell all their top horses might skip the turf and enter the "classic":rolleyes:

WinterTriangle
09-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Plenty of people did like it though. I saw favorable posts on the TG board, RAGs board, and here.

Somebody made a post, I think it was here, that the only horses who had won on *dirt* were Richards Kid, Parading, Colonel John, Global and Einstein.

That was the exacta for $422 right there 4-10

Stats I looked at for this race showed Richard's Kid had impressive late pace numbers. So did Song of Navarone, which seem to do well at DM on non sprint races.

For instance, I think Bisket having the winner, as well as the TRIFECTA, proves some CAN handicap on plastic, right....I mean, clearly there are people who understand the surface and types of horses who do well on it. Love it or hate it, I am one who believes that while we have it, may as well learn how to win on it?

bisket
09-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Somebody made a post, I think it was here, that the only horses who had won on *dirt* were Richards Kid, Parading, Colonel John, Global and Einstein.

That was the exacta for $422 right there 4-10

Stats I looked at for this race showed Richard's Kid had impressive late pace numbers. So did Song of Navarone, which seem to do well at DM on non sprint races.

For instance, I think Bisket having the winner, as well as the TRIFECTA, proves some CAN handicap on plastic, right....I mean, clearly there are people who understand the surface and types of horses who do well on it. Love it or hate it, I am one who believes that while we have it, may as well learn how to win on it?
you have to be able to handicap WITHOUT speed figs to handicap poly. just eliminate early speed. its just my opinion, but handicappers rely to much on speed figs. formulator is the absolute best pps that are around. you can look at the actual time of the race, and then click a link and then see your horsesl time for the race. then you click a link, and then see the actual splits for a race. then click another link and see the time your horse posted for each split. thyan you get a good idea how each horse responds to the pace of a race. to many speed figs have tried to include every angle in its number, and it just doesn't give you a good feel for how races are run. bottom line stamina wins on poly, and stamina never looks as impressive as speed does in speed figs.

Greyfox
09-07-2009, 12:43 AM

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
If what you're doing works, keep doing it.
Nuff said.....

Java Gold@TFT
09-07-2009, 07:10 AM
The funnier thing is that if Rachel gets a vacation for the rest of this year people will be screaming to send her to Dubai. Sorry folks, ain't gonna happen - the Shiek put synth down at Meydon. DWC is now a synth race. Line up the Europeans chomping at the bit.

andymays
09-07-2009, 07:31 AM
The funnier thing is that if Rachel gets a vacation for the rest of this year people will be screaming to send her to Dubai. Sorry folks, ain't gonna happen - the Shiek put synth down at Meydon. DWC is now a synth race. Line up the Europeans chomping at the bit.

The Shiek has deep pockets and all the dummies with deep pockets (California) in the United States are busted out.

The Shiek may have money but you have to question his sanity.

All weather in the Desert?? It's not exactly the friggin rain forest. But then again neither is Del Mar. :eek:

Quagmire
09-07-2009, 07:41 AM

All weather in the Desert?? It's not exactly the friggin rain forest. But then again neither is Del Mar. :eek:

Surprisingly it rained there on World Cup day this year. I doubt that had any influence on their decision to put the fake track in but what is more bizarre an all weather track in a desert or a muddy track in the desert? :D

Tom
09-07-2009, 10:15 AM

Track condition - melted! :lol:

cj
09-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure how this turned into a "how to handicap rubber" topic. My point was, it is totally different and horses that totally stink on dirt seem to win. It is a whole different surface, and RA probably would have lost that race as well to a horse she is 20 lengths better than on dirt.

rokitman
09-07-2009, 08:31 PM
He was the sportman that he is in sending Curlin there last year.Seems clear that after that he said, "Never again."

CincyHorseplayer
09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
CJ,I totally and unequivocally agree that she could beat any of these chumps.But I think that his not racing her on rubber is the ultimate indictment against this fake surface BS.The disclusion of the best horse in this country from the BC will be the demise of the surfaces IMO.Run her on that surface and she wins?They'll never go away.

bisket
09-07-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure how this turned into a "how to handicap rubber" topic. My point was, it is totally different and horses that totally stink on dirt seem to win. It is a whole different surface, and RA probably would have lost that race as well to a horse she is 20 lengths better than on dirt.
this is an accurate statement. poly was billed as an alternative to dirt, but it's definately not an alternative to dirt. horses with speed stamina mix style of running can't win on poly. horses just can't sustain fractions on the surface past one mile. which is why speed figures are absolutely worthless on the surface. although i don't see her as 20 lengths better than rich. i'd say maybe 10 lengths though. some handicappers are totally lost without their speed figures, and this really has presented me with some good opportunities to make some cake :p thats my point. ;)

Java Gold@TFT
09-08-2009, 05:19 AM
asmussen doesn't send his first stringers to canada for all that money they have up there. you won't see dixie chic on synthetic either. that looks like his best 2 yo now male or female to date.
Add another G-I winner who might not be looking hard at the BC races.

Lukas on Hopeful winner Dublin:

Lukas said he would take Dublin back to Churchill Downs, before deciding whether to run him in the Grade 1 Champagne at Belmont on Oct. 10 or the Lane's End Breeders' Futurity at Keeneland.

"They've screwed up the Breeders' Cup so they're going to force us to do things I don't want to do," Lukas said. "I don't know just where we'll look right now. You got the Champagne right in front of us, the Breeders' Futurity is an option. I would really prefer that we move the Breeders' Cup to Churchill or Belmont and keep him on the dirt."