PDA

View Full Version : Chargers' Merriman arrested; battery of girlfriend alleged!

andymays
09-06-2009, 07:15 PM
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/sep/06/bn06merriman-arrested/?metro

Excerpt:

Deputies arrested San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman early Sunday morning for allegedly choking and restraining his MTV star girlfriend as she tried to leave his Poway home.

The Sheriff's Department said Merriman's girlfriend, Tila Tequila, 27, signed a citizen's arrest complaint, charging him with battery and false imprisonment. Both are felonies.

Deputies responded to a disturbance call at Merriman's home near the intersection of Sage Crest and Oak Knoll drives about 3:45 a.m. Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, told deputies she had been choked, thrown to the ground and physically restrained by Merriman when she tried to leave.

GaryG
09-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Wonder if he did his Lights Out dance.......:lol:

andymays
09-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Wonder if he did his Lights Out dance.......:lol:

You can't make this stuff up. Between the Del Mar B.S. and now the Chargers B.S. it's embarassing to say your from San Diego.

The Chargers are the most underachieving franchise in NFL history!

witchdoctor
09-06-2009, 07:26 PM
You can't make this stuff up. Between the Del Mar B.S. and now the Chargers B.S. it's embarassing to say your from San Diego.

don't forget the Padres.

andymays
09-06-2009, 07:27 PM
don't forget the Padres.

Thanks for that! :(

Valuist
09-06-2009, 08:29 PM
don't forget the Padres.

When was anything ever expected from them?

Maybe Fox Sports will stop fawning over Merriman on their NFL show. They kiss his a$$ so bad, its embarrassing. They should not bring him back.

Valuist
09-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Now they are talking citizen's arrest, which likely means the police couldn't find anything. And supposedly Ms. Tequila was inebriated (would you expect any less?)

Check out the Tila Tequila video on google.

andymays
09-11-2009, 09:33 PM
DA: No charges against Chargers' Merriman

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=11116997

Excerpt:

SAN DIEGO (AP) - District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis on Friday dismissed reality TV star Tila Tequila's accusations that San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman choked her and threw her to the ground early Sunday while she was trying to leave his suburban home.

cj's dad
09-13-2009, 11:51 PM

Cheer up - you get to play the Ravens next Sunday !!

DanG
09-14-2009, 06:39 AM

Morning Andy,

You did it…you somehow managed to link Shawn Merriman with Del Mar! You may be morphing into the Paul Drake of the thoroughbred world. :)
http://www.gloubik.info/mason/images/paul-drake.jpg

andymays
09-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Morning Andy,

You did it…you somehow managed to link Shawn Merriman with Del Mar! You may be morphing into the Paul Drake of the thoroughbred world. :)
http://www.gloubik.info/mason/images/paul-drake.jpg

Hello Dan! it was an attempt to be funny by pointing out the absurdity of events in San Diego occuring at about the same time, each pertaining to Sports in San Diego.

The truth is I dislike the Chargers but not nearly as much as I dislike Del Mar. This is the first time in over 30 years I didn't go to Del Mar during the live meet. I wouldn't go to a Charger game if they paid me either. The Chargers may be the most underachieving team in NFL history. The owners have always been the problem in my opinion.

bigmack
09-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Good for Merriman he didn't have an off duty 24 year old Coronado cop show up and shoot him in the leg as one did of Foley. Shooting a DUI suspect, that makes sense. :eek:

andymays
09-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Good for Merriman he didn't have an off duty 24 year old Coronado cop show up and shoot him in the leg as one did of Foley. Shooting a DUI suspect, that makes sense. :eek:

Agree on all counts!:ThmbUp: