PDA

View Full Version : CANADIAN B TRACK EXPERIMENT

botster
09-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Over the years I have often wanted to endeavor to take a serious look at the the B tracks in the canadian circuit.

Mohawk/Woodbine IMO is the toughest circuit to make money for myself.Learning these tracks and knowing what is going on at them must hold the key to increased profits.

During this experiment, I will attempt a live format analysis with posted wagers throughout the next few months.

The tracks I am most interested on following, are the one's that are most active with Mohawk/Woodbine shippers.I will exclude the the half mile tracks, such as Flamboro, because wagering there would not promote the higher rate of winning value plays for me.

The tracks I will be starting off with are...Rideau Carlton,Georgian and Kiawartha Downs.Please feel free to interject responses,ideas,betting prospects, and opinions during this experiment.

botster
09-06-2009, 08:37 PM
8th Mark Steacy trains this trotter first time lasix off a few weeks.#9 TUSCAM GIRL was way over her head in her starts at Mohawk against an extremely sharp SECRET LIVES followed up by a two move try against the once classy HEZA CHALLENGER holding well.Steacy has struuggled a bit this meet at the Hawk but contiues to pound out winners on the B circuit.

#1 here is the horse to beat with this major driver change.

9/1-3-7-8 in a box
extra 1-9 box.
w/p 9 @ 6-1.

botster
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
8th Mark Steacy trains this trotter first time lasix off a few weeks.#9 TUSCAM GIRL was way over her head in her starts at Mohawk against an extremely sharp SECRET LIVES followed up by a two move try against the once classy HEZA CHALLENGER holding well.Steacy has struuggled a bit this meet at the Hawk but contiues to pound out winners on the B circuit.

#1 here is the horse to beat with this major driver change.

9/1-3-7-8 in a box
extra 1-9 box.
w/p 9 @ 6-1.

Tired leaving and then coming first up again.Closed @ 5-1 before close in betting...no win/place...lost exactas.

botster
09-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I haven't seen Wayne Lavoliette anywhere in a program for many years.This guy was great at setting them up, and I am interested a bit in his charge here. #2 HILLSIDE ACE Here's a green four year old with limited starts, but is improving with each start.Moves up a tad and should be a good price.

2/1-5-6 in a box

2/1-5-6/all triple

2 w @ 4-1 or better.

Ray2000
09-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Hope you hitting them Botster...

For those interested...

Free video and race programs for RIDC are always available at
http://www.rcr.net/

in the 11th

I like the #5 Pontiac Luck, to get 3 in arow here

5 top and bottom with 12

good luck!

botster
09-06-2009, 09:46 PM

For those interested...

in the 11th

5 top and bottom with 12

good luck!

Out with the family most of the day, put in one at Mohawk before I left.Just looking over the last half of the card here at Rideau...Good fortune Ray!!

botster
09-06-2009, 09:53 PM

For those interested...

in the 11th

5 top and bottom with 12

good luck!

Yes...free programs is good...especially for AN EXPERIMENT...:jump: .

You had the box Ray:ThmbUp: .

botster
09-06-2009, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=botster]Yes...free programs is good...especially for AN EXPERIMENT...:jump: .

QUOTE]

Actually, I think all these B tracks have free programs and video at their respective sites.:ThmbUp:

Ray2000
09-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Just read the previous thread on mohawk

Nice catch on Ladies Man:ThmbUp:

My Pick here in R12 Chick N Tell is shaky cause he's not showing the best of form but at 12/1 and his back class I think he worth a shot

botster
09-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Wow this 12th is a big race for them.Attracted some really nice trotters.I will bet this one a little, because I see these horses race each week at Mohawk.

5 ROSERUN HOOLIGAN is in career shape right now for Allard.This horse did not reach his true ability in his former barn who sold him to these current connections.He has a shot in here to pull off the big upset.

3-4-6-7/5 box it.

5 w/p

botster
09-06-2009, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=botster]Yes...free programs is good...especially for AN EXPERIMENT...:jump: .

QUOTE]

Actually, I think all these B tracks have free programs and video at their respective sites.:ThmbUp:

Betting progressively on your top selection are a MUST in this game...Thanx Ray!

botster
09-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Wow this 12th is a big race for them.Attracted some really nice trotters.I will bet this one a little, because I see these horses race each week at Mohawk.

5 ROSERUN HOOLIGAN is in career shape right now for Allard.This horse did not reach his true ability in his former barn who sold him to these current connections.He has a shot in here to pull off the big upset.

3-4-6-7/5 box it.

5 w/p

Not enough...Super Mario with ZIEGLER HANOVER off a perfect trip 12-1!!!

Ray2000
09-06-2009, 10:21 PM
That was a good race, the 4 won it convincingly at 11/1

I have nothing but favorites from here out, Maybe #1 ..Puissant in the14th?

but am calling it a night. Good luck

botster
09-06-2009, 10:47 PM
The 14th finds me not being able to beat the 7-2 here( FAVORITES).Maybe the #1 for the triple.

2-7/1-2-7/1-2-7

botster
09-06-2009, 10:48 PM
That was a good race, the 4 won it convincingly at 11/1

I have nothing but favorites from here out, Maybe #1 ..Puissant in the14th?

but am calling it a night. Good luck

So we are on the same page in the 14th Ray...let's see...Good Fortune:) .

botster
09-06-2009, 10:53 PM
The 14th finds me not being able to beat the 7-2 here( FAVORITES).Maybe the #1 for the triple.

2-7/1-2-7/1-2-7

The #1 wins...#2 breaks.Gilles Gendron has won a few in his career;) .

botster
09-06-2009, 11:08 PM
It's amazing how many of these trainers and drivers I have never once seen in any program at any track including Mohawk and Woodbine!

Big claim on #5 in last

botster
09-06-2009, 11:15 PM
It's amazing how many of these trainers and drivers I have never once seen in any program at any track including Mohawk and Woodbine!

Big claim on #5 in last

This is going to be like learning the game all over for me.I believe Georgian Downs will be much easier.Kiawartha not as tough as Rideau I am thinking.

I may have to stick mainly to these two tracks and pretty much dump Rideau.The reason is much more influx of shippers from Mohawk/Woodbine back and forth from these other two tracks.

LottaKash
09-07-2009, 04:45 AM
Rideau, I believe has a 24% takeout on W-P-S bets.....

If that is true, tough to make any kash-there in the longhaul.....I mean 1-Fourth of your money is gone, before they even run....:jump:

best,

botster
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM
This is a thread is almost soley being used for educating myself on horses and horseman and how they both operate at these smaller venues.Rideau Carlton I am not following up on, because it would just take too long to get a grasp on what is going on over there.

Georgian Downs seems to be the main track where a profit could be achieved during the experiment.It is the track in where many of the horses ship to get back into condition for their return to Mohawk/Woodbine.I will try to focus my attention on their racing cards, when I am able for the time being.

TimesTheyRAChangin
09-08-2009, 01:10 PM
A few notes:

-JJ is even better at GD than most tracks
-obviously you will notice the presence of Bruiser(Bill Robinson) and his son quite often.They are up near the top in trainer standings,but usually overbet
-if you are into them,there is usually more value in the 2nd Win4(starting as low as $.20)
-every race offers a super(again,as low as $.20)
-at times,weekend cards have very small pools,mainly because of competing U.S. & A tracks,so you have to be careful regarding wager size
P.S.Too bad you aren't checking out 1/2 milers.They are so much easier to take down the entire pool in a super/Win 4!

botster
09-08-2009, 03:23 PM
A few notes:

-JJ is even better at GD than most tracks
-obviously you will notice the presence of Bruiser(Bill Robinson) and his son quite often.They are up near the top in trainer standings,but usually overbet
-if you are into them,there is usually more value in the 2nd Win4(starting as low as $.20)
-every race offers a super(again,as low as $.20)
-at times,weekend cards have very small pools,mainly because of competing U.S. & A tracks,so you have to be careful regarding wager size
P.S.Too bad you aren't checking out 1/2 milers.They are so much easier to take down the entire pool in a super/Win 4!

I thought about Flamboro, that would be the other logical track to learn, but I am so turned off about MOST half mile racing.

Your post will make me rethink things however...Thanx:) .Thanxs for your insight:) .

botster
09-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Allard barn takes over on #3 CHARLIE DRUMMOND shipping in.

3/2-5-8 exacta

tri key 3/2-5-8

w/p #3 @ 5-1.

botster
09-08-2009, 10:47 PM

3/2-5-8 exacta

tri key 3/2-5-8

w/p #3 @ 5-1.

5 scratched

botster
09-08-2009, 10:51 PM

3/2-5-8 exacta

tri key 3/2-5-8

w/p #3 @ 5-1.

#5 was scratched and #3 went off 9-5...no bet to win.

botster
09-12-2009, 12:57 AM
One of interest shipping to Georgian Saturday...

1st 5 NEEDMOREJEWELS hikes up in caiming value.The bet here is progressively over the next few weeks.

At Kawartha...

5th 3 HUDSON GAL is a follow up from last week at Mohawk.Appears very competative heading back to the B-track...odds???

botster
09-12-2009, 06:14 PM
One of interest shipping to Georgian Saturday...

1st 5 NEEDMOREJEWELS hikes up in caiming value.The bet here is progressively over the next few weeks.

At Kawartha...

5th 3 HUDSON GAL is a follow up from last week at Mohawk.Appears very competative heading back to the B-track...odds???

1st @ Georgian...Actually not in for the tag and this is a move that I like.The main problem here is that #7 SOUTHIND MADONNA has light years the class over the field and is first lasix.Zeron is as sneaky as they come and this would be an ideal spot to get his best price.

2-3-7/5 in a box

5-7/5-7/all in a triple.

5 win @ 8-1 or better.

botster
09-12-2009, 06:27 PM
1st @ Georgian...Actually not in for the tag and this is a move that I like.The main problem here is that #7 SOUTHIND MADONNA has light years the class over the field and is first lasix.Zeron is as sneaky as they come and this would be an ideal spot to get his best price.

2-3-7/5 in a box

5-7/5-7/all in a triple.

5 win @ 8-1 or better.

5th @ Kawartha has 3 HUDSON FILLY in a decent group, so absolutely no play at odds unless 4-1 or better.I am looking at 2-6-8-9 as the others in here....Need value!

botster
09-12-2009, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=botster]One of interest shipping to Georgian Saturday...

The #7 in here makes her a very poor betting prospect tonight...betting small.Hopefully Zeron will keep her up in class for a price next week...somewhere.

Ray2000
09-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Good Luck tonight Botster

I like 7/135 Exacta at GeoD R1 and 34 Ex box in the 11th

I don't think any ADW carries Kawartha signal on Saturdays, pools are usually around $500
Pools triple on Tuesday when YouBet and Dayatthetrack offer wagering.

botster
09-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Good Luck tonight Botster

I like 7/135 Exacta at GeoD R1 and 34 Ex box in the 11th

I don't think any ADW carries Kawartha signal on Saturdays, pools are usually around $500
Pools triple on Tuesday when YouBet and Dayatthetrack offer wagering.

Your gonna need a personal "bookie" here in the States, that will take just about anything you could possibly gamble on to get action at Kawartha tonight Ray.;)

Good Fortune with all your wagers:cool: .

botster
09-12-2009, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=botster]One of interest shipping to Georgian Saturday...

The #7 in here makes her a very poor betting prospect tonight...betting small.Hopefully Zeron will keep her up in class for a price next week...somewhere.

HAHAHA...2-1 PLEASE!Off the board...I wonder, if Zeron will bring her back to Mohawk next week, up in class, and score:lol: .7 jogs

botster
09-12-2009, 09:13 PM
5th @ Kawartha has 3 HUDSON FILLY in a decent group, so absolutely no play at odds unless 4-1 or better.I am looking at 2-6-8-9 as the others in here....Need value!

Another 2-1 shot, third:p ...Hoping for a ship back for this one as well.