PDA

View Full Version : Takeout Percentages

BMeadow
07-31-2001, 06:11 PM
For an updated report on takeout percentages for just about every bet in just about every jurisdiction, please go to our website, www.trpublishing.com. Just click on Takeout Report.

We also have a just-completed index to every article we've ever run in Meadow's Racing Monthly. Same site, just click on the monthly, then index.

Dave Schwartz
07-31-2001, 06:28 PM
Barry,

Thanks a bunch for the updated track takes. What a great feature!

Perfect for an upcoming product we are working on.

If I may ask, how did you collect these?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

majestyx
07-31-2001, 08:32 PM
There's actually an even more complete breakdown here:

http://www.horseplayerdaily.com/fyi/vig.cgi

Dave Schwartz
07-31-2001, 09:29 PM
Thanks.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Lefty
07-31-2001, 09:57 PM
Barry, don't know how your site looks on other computers but not readable on mine. It has a grey background and blue and green interspersing type.
Anyone else have this prob. or just me?

takeout
07-31-2001, 10:56 PM
It's great to have these types of things online where they can be perused but the individual tracks should have this info listed at their web sites. Here's why: It has become painfully obvious that there is no real communication between the tracks and anyone other than Equibase. I remember when CT was put back into the hardcopy DRF. Almost the entire betting menu was wrong and stayed wrong for quite some time until it was brought to the track's attention (you're welcome) and then righted with one phone call from the track to DRF. Anyone using a DRF at places other than the track itself must've had a heck of a time at the windows. Best to check these things out for yourself if at all possible because it seems to be a hit-and-miss deal. I do think I may have found a bettor's Utopia, though. According to the horseplayerdaily site, CT has NO TAKEOUT on its six daily doubles and two pick 3s per card. See what I mean?

majestyx
08-01-2001, 02:47 PM
Well, actually the n/o means "not offered" which, as you know, it IS offered. Hey, I never said it was perfect...just a little more detailed. I just knew about this feature on the hpd site and figured I'd let everyone else know.

Penn National is listed as not having a pick 3 while they have rolling pick 3s on the entire card.

takeout
08-01-2001, 05:56 PM
I'm glad to see them listed even if all of them aren't always perfect. I think that it's a valuable service to the player. It's just that so much of this stuff either isn't updated or was just wrong to begin with, that it's obvious that it's not being verified. Example: In the Winner's Books section of the Simulcast Weekly for CT, it reads: "Takeout: 17.3% WPS; 25% all exotics". This leads one to believe that exactas and doubles are 25%! I sure wouldn't go there if I thought that were true, yet there it is in black and white, brought to us by the respected DRF. A good experiment would be to leave it that way and see if it's ever changed. And if so, how long it takes.