PDA

View Full Version : Odd conditions

takeout
09-06-2009, 02:28 AM
I don’t recall seeing any like this before. I always thought race conditions were supposed to be for horses. :D I don’t guess the underlined parts will be showing up in the pps.

1ST RACE CT SEPTEMBER 6TH

7 FURLONGS DIRT; CLAIMING $4,000; PURSE $12,000. FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE IN 2009 FOR TRAINERS THAT HAVEN'T WON A RACE AT CHARLESTOWN IN 2009. Three Year Olds, 117 lbs.; Older, 120 lbs. Claiming Price $4,000 (W V A Races Not Considered In Eligibility) (Preference to horses with the most starts at Charles Town in 2009.).

6TH RACE CT SEPTEMBER 6TH

6 1/2 FURLONGS DIRT; STARTER ALLOWANCE; PURSE $37,000. FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES AND FOR OWNERS OR TRAINERS WHICH HAVE STARTED AT CHARLESTOWN IN 2009. Three Year Olds, 120 lbs.; Older, 123 lbs. Non-winners of a race since August 6 Allowed 3 lbs. A race since July 6 Allowed 5 lbs. (Races Where Entered For $12,500 Or Less Not Considered In Estimating Weight Allowances (Winners Preferred)(Preference to horses with the most starts at Charles Town in 2009.).

ctownraces@bp
09-06-2009, 02:38 AM
ctown does this once a year for owners day

bobbyt62
09-06-2009, 05:05 PM
i wish i had the pp's for the "trainers who have not won a race" condition....that IS an amazing condition

takeout
09-06-2009, 08:47 PM
There were 3 horses in that first race that had different trainer names on them than in their previous race. What a co-inkeedink that the name switches made them eligible. :rolleyes: Didn’t seem to do any of them any good though. I guess a loophole you can drive a truck through is only good if you have a truck. Maybe they were just trying to fill the race. ???

Valuist
09-06-2009, 08:53 PM
There were 3 horses in that first race that had different trainer names on them than in their previous race. What a co-inkeedink that the name switches made them eligible. :rolleyes: Didn’t seem to do any of them any good though. I guess a loophole you can drive a truck through is only good if you have a truck. Maybe they were just trying to fill the race. ???

That's a great point. Kind of like when Dutrow was allegedly suspended but his horses all ran in the name of Juan Rodriguez, his assistant. Barn didn't miss a beat, won right around 30% for the so-called new conditioner.