PDA

View Full Version : Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy!

andymays
09-06-2009, 01:11 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_adviser_resigns

Excerpt:

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's adviser Van Jones has resigned amid controversy over past inflammatory statements, the White House said early Sunday.

Van Jones, an administration official specializing in environmentally friendly "green jobs" with the White House Council on Environmental Quality was linked to efforts suggesting a government role in the 2001 terror attacks and to derogatory comments about Republicans.
The resignation comes as Obama is working to regain his footing in the contentious health care debate.

Warren Henry
09-06-2009, 02:48 AM
I see where he says that the right engaged in a vicious smear campaign against him.

Looks to me like his own speeches were all the smear necessary.

andymays
09-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I see where he says that the right engaged in a vicious smear campaign against him.

The people that never take the time to educate themeselves on what's going on probably believe Van Jones.

JustRalph
09-06-2009, 08:46 AM

Excellent point.......but there are many more in the White House just like him.........one down........a million to go

lsbets
09-06-2009, 09:13 AM
The organization he started, color of change, decided to get Glen Beck off the air. They have claimed Jones wasn't involved in their efforts. I think mostpost might be the only person in the country to believe that. Beck struck back and went after Jones, and showed the world Jones in Jones' own radical, racist words. Round 1 goes to Beck, but I bet they redouble their efforts to get him off the air now.

ArlJim78
09-06-2009, 09:21 AM
that Glenn Beck boycott really worked out well.:lol:

same deal with that boycott they tried against Whole Foods. their sales are booming.

cj's dad
09-06-2009, 09:51 AM
I believe that Beck jumped ahead of O'Reilly this past week in the ratings !

Boycott that :lol:

andymays
09-06-2009, 09:55 AM
I believe that Beck jumped ahead of O'Reilly this past week in the ratings !

Boycott that :lol:

Hats off to Beck! :ThmbUp:

O'Reilly is gonna have to step up his game in the coming weeks. He's been way to soft on this administration.

andymays
09-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Nancy Pelosi on Van Jones along with some other "whackadoos"! :bang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEtyn_Ps-R0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebreitbart%2Etv%2Fflashback %2Dwhat%2Ddoes%2Dnancy%2Dpelosi%2Dthink%2Dof%2Dvan %2Djones%2F&feature=player_embedded

rastajenk
09-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Getting awfully crowded under the ObamaBus. :)

dutchboy
09-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Nancy Pelosi on Van Jones along with some other "whackadoos"! :bang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEtyn_Ps-R0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebreitbart%2Etv%2Fflashback %2Dwhat%2Ddoes%2Dnancy%2Dpelosi%2Dthink%2Dof%2Dvan %2Djones%2F&feature=player_embedded

Makes me puke. What a bunch of dumb morons on this video.

dutchboy
09-06-2009, 11:43 AM
The organization he started, color of change, decided to get Glen Beck off the air. They have claimed Jones wasn't involved in their efforts. I think mostpost might be the only person in the country to believe that. Beck struck back and went after Jones, and showed the world Jones in Jones' own radical, racist words. Round 1 goes to Beck, but I bet they redouble their efforts to get him off the air now.

http://scienceray.com/physics/absence-of-color/

Funny that the certain groups of people are not bright enough to know that Black is the absence of color. How these stupid people could start something called Color of Change and not know the definition of color is so funny.

boxcar
09-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Hats off to Beck! :ThmbUp:

O'Reilly is gonna have to step up his game in the coming weeks. He's been way to soft on this administration.

Bill O is one of those make-me-puke-often "moderates". Another fence straddler.

I find it very interesting that Beck, an outspoken, tell-it-like-it-is kinda guy is giving Billy Boy a big run for his money in the ratings, which is really quite remarkable when you consider that Bill O has the prime time slot and Beck has one of the worst slots possible. It appears most people appreciate hearing the unfiltered, raw truth no matter how it hurts.

What I think could well happen with O'Reilly is that he's going down during this current administration. More and more people are beginning to sense what kind of radical Obama really is and if O' doesn't start telling it like it is, he's going to lose viewers -- big time. People can tune in to any number of shows and get cream puff news reporting or commentary. They don't need Bill O for this. Ask Moyers. He'll tell ya.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
09-06-2009, 12:15 PM
You guys remind me of the Saint Louis Ram after the team went 2-14 last year. Only their fans didn't say: "Let's make Haslett (think Beck) coach of the year!!" :lol: :lol:

lsbets
09-06-2009, 12:28 PM
You guys remind me of the Saint Louis Ram after the team went 2-14 last year. Only their fans didn't say: "Let's make Haslett (think Beck) coach of the year!!" :lol: :lol:

Really? So you don't think Van Jones came out on the short end against Glen Beck? Do you think Jones would have been forced to resign if it were not for Beck? Please answer, I'm curious to see how you could conclude otherwise.

boxcar
09-06-2009, 12:32 PM

Bad analogy, meathead. I don't think any of us are on Beck's team or even fans per se. However, since Beck often represents and articulates our views, we can say that he's on our team.

But hey...good try. Your door prize for trying can be O'Reilly, as far as I'm concerned.

Boxcar

GaryG
09-06-2009, 04:20 PM
This guy brought himself down with his own words, no commentary was necessary. The "truther" pres said Jones knew exactly what he was signing. Now the liberal wing nuts can bitch about Beck instead of Rush.....or was it O'Reilly? Hey Van.....how do you like this color of change?

Valuist
09-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Re: Van Jones in the words of baseball announcer Ken Harrelson

"He gone!!!!

Tom
09-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Obama surrounds himself with quality people.
Is it any wonder he is a total failure so far? That he is a joke on the world stage?

And he has two huge supporters right here! Says a lot.......:lol::lol::lol:

ArlJim78
09-06-2009, 08:42 PM
keep in mind, he was picked BECAUSE of his views. they knew about all those speeches and videos, and thought it was great stuff.

mostpost
09-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Beck used Jones words from years ago and out of context, as he does with any subject he discusses. And of course the brain dead who watch his show eat it up. It is ridiculous to think that Jones, who has (had) a fulll time job in the White House, would bother with a pipsqueek like Beck.
I must confess to a personal failing. I told Tom I would watch Beck for a week. I made it through three and a half days before I couldn't take anymore. He is a smarmy, self indulgent twit, who wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the face. And doesn't care to know it.

andymays
09-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Beck used Jones words from years ago and out of context, as he does with any subject he discusses. And of course the brain dead who watch his show eat it up. It is ridiculous to think that Jones, who has (had) a fulll time job in the White House, would bother with a pipsqueek like Beck.
I must confess to a personal failing. I told Tom I would watch Beck for a week. I made it through three and a half days before I couldn't take anymore. He is a smarmy, self indulgent twit, who wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the face. And doesn't care to know it.

Glenn Beck statement on resignation of Van Jones

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/30154/

Excerpt:

The American people stood up and demanded answers. Instead of providing them, the Administration had Jones resign under cover of darkness. I continue to be amazed by the power of everyday Americans to initiate change in our government through honest questioning, and judging by the other radicals in the administration, I expect that questioning to continue for the foreseeable future.

prospector
09-06-2009, 09:32 PM
He is a smarmy, self indulgent twit, who wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the face. And doesn't care to know it.
looking in the mirror? sounds like the left on here..:lol::lol:

so.cal.fan
09-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I agree with Beck, the public needs to ask questions and demand answers.
It's pretty shocking that all these Chicago crooks and radicals seem to be running the White House.
Valerie J. is up to her eyeballs in corruption, as are all of the Chicago crowd.
Keep questioning these "czar" appointments.

boxcar
09-06-2009, 10:50 PM

This is why we're so happy to have an anti-twit here like yourself to give us the real skinny. Don't know what to do without you -- just like BO apparently didn't know what to do with Jones until he tendered his resignation, which I'm sure he eagerly accepted. I have to also think BO is breathing a little easier tonight.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
09-06-2009, 11:32 PM
I agree with Beck, the public needs to ask questions and demand answers.
It's pretty shocking that all these Chicago crooks and radicals seem to be running the White House.
Valerie J. is up to her eyeballs in corruption, as are all of the Chicago crowd.
Keep questioning these "czar" appointments.

Go Bruins. :p

NJ Stinks
09-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Glenn Beck statement on resignation of Van Jones

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/30154/

Excerpt:

The American people stood up and demanded answers. Instead of providing them, the Administration had Jones resign under cover of darkness.

I guess Beck was hoping Jones was going to be beat up in a public square before he resigned. :rolleyes:

boxcar
09-06-2009, 11:48 PM
I guess Beck was hoping Jones was going to be beat up in a public square before he resigned. :rolleyes:

You are totally shot! You're so far East, you're West already. How does demanding answers to legitimate questions suddenly equate to a literal public beating in the square? Just goes to show that gulping enough kool-aid will eat away at the brain like a cancerous tumor.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2009, 06:25 AM
I don't get it.

I thought Republicans, Conservatives, Neo-Cons, Patriots, whatever you want to call the opposition, were DEAD...

So how is it this Van Jones fella had to resign? I thought the left LOVED this guy...he was on TEAM OBAMA....a RISING STAR some said...Mr. Green...kind of a Denzel Washington lookalike to boot...as I said, the left LOVED this guy...

And now he's GONE?

Why is that? Who forced him out?

Surely it couldn't be that limpballs guy or that crazy Beck dude...they are powerless now that Obama is President and Democrats rule Congress....

So what happened here?

lsbets
09-07-2009, 07:08 AM
most, please tell me how the 9/11 truth petition was out of context. And while he did use some quotes from Jones from years ago, he used many from this year. You're buying Jones' spin on it.

I also tried answering on another thread, which PA closed while I was typing (how dare he take control on his own site!).

1- I don't get mad because you don't drink coffee. I feel sorry for you. I feel sad that you more than likely have only had the 99% of crap that is brewed out there and called coffee. There are a lot of people in my industry who could care less about quality and way too many consumers who settle for crap because it has a kick.

2 - I'd still call you a moron in person, but with the voice inflection and facial expressions, you'd feel good about it. :) The internet can be a horrible medium for communication at times.

Quagmire
09-07-2009, 07:13 AM
1- I don't get mad because you don't drink coffee. I feel sorry for you. I feel sad that you more than likely have only had the 99% of crap that is brewed out there and called coffee. There are a lot of people in my industry who could care less about quality and way too many consumers who settle for crap because it has a kick.

Very true. I was out early this morning and finally got around to trying one of Mickey D's new premium coffees. I should have just filled a cup out of one of the puddles in the street and saved a few bucks...it was terrible.

lsbets
09-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Very true. I was out early this morning and finally got around to trying one of Mickey D's new premium coffees. I should have just filled a cup out of one of the puddles in the street and saved a few bucks...it was terrible.

Terrible is an understatement.

Tom
09-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Jones and other vermin like his is what you get when you by-pass the rules and appoint un-vetted people to key jobs that are not part of the government.

No one will ever convince me Obama knew what he was getting when he selected these gutter-crawlers. It appears everyone Obama has surrouned himself with has turned to be a scum-bag enemy of the this country.
Evil draws evil. Obama is evil.......evil.....evil......evil.....and Jones...... a

Q U I T T E R

toetoe
09-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Beck used Jones words from years ago and out of context

So what are you implying, O Courageous Defender of the Noble Black/Green Savage ? Your moral stance brings tears to me eyes, but what of Van Jones, Enviro-Hero and Genius ? Defend him, please.

P.S. Apologies for quoting you out of context. :rolleyes:

boxcar
09-07-2009, 12:44 PM
2 - I'd still call you a moron in person, but with the voice inflection and facial expressions, you'd feel good about it. :) The internet can be a horrible medium for communication at times.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You just made spill my coffee reading this.

Boxcar

Warren Henry
09-07-2009, 01:25 PM
No one will ever convince me Obama knew what he was getting when he selected these gutter-crawlers. It appears everyone Obama has surrouned himself with has turned to be a scum-bag enemy of the this country.
Evil draws evil. Obama is evil.......evil.....evil......evil.....

Oh, Come on, Tom.

Obama knew. Birds of a feather. He knows all of this scum well because he has worked with/associated with them all his life. These people all have the same agenda.

Obama thought that once he won, he had a free pass to do as he pleased.

He is finding out that scripted, soaring oratory will only take you so far. His actual attempts to govern are being judged more critically than his speeches.

boxcar
09-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Oh, Come on, Tom.

Obama knew. Birds of a feather. He knows all of this scum well because he has worked with/associated with them all his life. These people all have the same agenda.

He is finding out that scripted, soaring oratory will only take you so far. His actual attempts to govern are being judged more critically than his speeches.

Well stated. A Marxist is going to surround himself with like-minded people. In fact, all presidents tend to surround themselves with like-minded folks.

Boxcar

Tom
09-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Oh, Come on, Tom.

Ooopss!

I meant to say DIDN'T KNOW :blush:
I just read that post and thought "Have I been drinking already today????"?

andymays
09-07-2009, 03:08 PM
No Loony Lefty Left Behind

http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2009/09/no-loony-lefty-left-behind.html

Excerpt:

They loved him and left him - Firedoglake founder Jane Hamsher excoriates the cut-and-run liberals who loved Green Czar Van Jones when he was up but abandoned him in his moment of trial. I especially like her "He wasn't any crazier than the rest of us" defense:

Now he's been thrown under the bus by the White House for signing his name to a petition expressing something that 35% of all Democrats believed as of 2007 -- that George Bush knew in advance about the attacks of 9/11.

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2009, 03:48 PM
I have to conclude the opposition isn't as dead as Hank, Hcap or Sec want us to believe...

andymays
09-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Breitbart.tv White House: Van Jones Did Not Fill Out 63-Question, Seven-Page Questionnaire

http://www.breitbart.tv/white-house-van-jones-did-not-fill-out-63-question-seven-page-questionnaire/

Excerpt:

"I asked a White House official today if Van Jones filled out that famous seven-page, 63-question questionnaire that the White House put forward to everyone who was either going to have a Cabinet position or a high-ranking advisory position in the White House. Van Jones did not," Fox News White House Correspondent Major Garrett reported Monday.

JustRalph
09-08-2009, 10:57 AM
I have to conclude the opposition isn't as dead as Hank, Hcap or Sec want us to believe...

In spite of the news blackout on the big three about Jones

Beck handed Jones ass to him............

I think many will think twice about going after Beck again...... :lol:

boxcar
09-08-2009, 11:05 AM
In spite of the news blackout on the big three about Jones

Beck handed Jones ass to him............

I think many will think twice about going after Beck again...... :lol:

Oh, no they won't. They'll be after him now with a renewed vengeance. These left wing radicals believe they have some God-given right to be in office and do whatever they want, and they don't like it at all when anyone challenges them -- and they especially hate it when the "challenger" wins!

Boxcar