PDA

View Full Version : Pia Catton, Life Editor @ Politico.com

toetoe
09-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Not sure where this lady bought her journalism degree, but I want to point out a real corker in her slobber job article,The First Family You Can Identify With, to wit:

"... Nancy Reagan was the sine qua non lady who lunches." :lol: . Did she mean the ultimate lady who lunches ... or penultimate, maybe ? Oh, the horror, Pia.

Pia, your inability to praise the Royal Family without putting down other folks is not my point here, nor is your spin on traits/habits that King Barack and GeeDub share (BHO gets the preference --- surprise !!! :eek: ). I simply want to know how you became such a mistress of the Language of Latium. Semper Ubi Sub Ubi, O Cunctatrix. :jump: .

P.S. I considered writing to your editor, but then figured out that online you don't even need one. tt

Overlay
09-05-2009, 06:53 PM
It sounds to me as if the Latin idiom that she was trying to come up with was ne plus ultra.

toetoe
09-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Thank you. I knew she was reaching for something, but I just couldn't grasp it.

Overlay
09-06-2009, 12:08 AM
You weren't the one who needed to grasp it. (Oh, I'm sorry. You were referring to the Latin idiom.) ;)

rastajenk
09-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Or maybe she wanted Sooey Generous, although, on further review, maybe "charitable Razorback fans" wasn't what she was going for, either.

:cool:

:)

toetoe
09-06-2009, 01:48 PM
She's no Pia Lindstrom. Heck, she's not even Pia Zadora.

toetoe
09-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Pia Catton has just been traded for Perez Hilton, in a shocking quid pro quo that is rocking the (cough, cough) journalism world.

Miss Catton still has some room to move forward, whereas Mr. Hilton's best and most penetrating work is behind him, according to celebrity watchers at imnotgayjuststylish.com.