PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, Zenyatta.

cees with dees
09-05-2009, 06:08 PM
This, regardless of the company, was a scary performance by a marvelous horse and it's rare in our lifetime that we see a filly of this caliber.
I've been fortunate to see Forego, Seattle Slew, Ruffian, Exit Five B, Secretariat, Affirmed, Alydar, Shuvee, Loud, Pass Catcher, Steelwood, and many others but rarely have I seen any horse run against anybody, survive abuse and still get it done.
Rachel Alexandra is an amazing filly and I'm priviledged to have been a part of witnessing her.
To even think that Zenyatta is anywhere in Rachel's league shows ignorance to this sport.
Ben

Zaf
09-05-2009, 06:11 PM
I think Rachel wrapped up HOY today.

Z

Hank
09-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I think Rachel wrapped up HOY today.

Z

No doubt.

Tom
09-05-2009, 06:16 PM
No one has had the balls to do what she has done this year, and she doesn't even have any! HOY!
Move along.
Time to start talking triple crown.
2009 is over.
Nothing left to see here.

bisket
09-05-2009, 07:43 PM
if ponti wins the classic. i'm sorry he's hoy.

Java Gold@TFT
09-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Can we start a poll for dumbest post of the month? I'll start by nominating this one.

Grits
09-05-2009, 08:00 PM

When pigs fly.

I can't believe anyone is still harping this stuff.

Its laughable.

Java . . . . you've got my vote. LOLOL

bisket
09-05-2009, 08:02 PM
its a long way from now to january. i'm sorry but a win today doesn't prove she's best in the land. thats what the hoy is. ponti has accomplished something that hasn't been accomplished in a much more difficult division than older horses on dirt. i think rachel is one for the ages, but lots of fillies and mares have had wonderful years and was still looking up at an older colt or horse in january. its an established thing, and not something new.

tucker6
09-05-2009, 08:07 PM
ponti has accomplished something that hasn't been accomplished in a much more difficult division than older horses on dirt.
give it up bisket. You look like a fool posting this stuff. Ponti is toast, and you know it. Thew various racing commissions are generally brain dead, but even they have enough electrical spark to know what a golden horse looks like. You don't spit on your gravy train.

bisket
09-05-2009, 08:08 PM
they've made a career of it for years. why would they change now :confused:

tucker6
09-05-2009, 08:15 PM
they've made a career of it for years. why would they change now :confused:
good point :ThmbUp:

Tom
09-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Pronti has not done all that much when you look at Rachael.
Turf horse have to be great to get HOY - Pronti is far from great.
Rachael has done stuff no filly has ever done before, and won 7 Gr1s in a row.
Call when Pronti does that and wins on dirt in a Gr1.

bisket
09-05-2009, 09:23 PM
i hope zenyatta's supporters don't jump down my throat when i say i think she's pretty much out of the hoy picture :blush:

cj's dad
09-05-2009, 09:32 PM
How 'bout artificial HOY ??

bisket
09-05-2009, 09:34 PM
How 'bout artificial HOY ??
she gets my vote

Tom
09-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Zenyatta was never in it.

bisket
09-05-2009, 09:40 PM
tom i got a dachsund over here that gets a hold of this keyboard every know and again. thats my story and i'm sticking to it :p

ghostyapper
09-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Pronti has not done all that much when you look at Rachael.
Turf horse have to be great to get HOY - Pronti is far from great.
Rachael has done stuff no filly has ever done before, and won 7 Gr1s in a row.
Call when Pronti does that and wins on dirt in a Gr1.

Rachel hasn't even run in 7 G1's in her career. I guess you're counting the belmont and travers since she would have won those had she run http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/smilies/47.gif

Tom
09-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Rachel hasn't even run in 7 G1's in her career. I guess you're counting the belmont and travers since she would have won those had she run http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/smilies/47.gif

My mistake - I meant to say 7 graded sakes in a row.

toetoe
09-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Ponti is far from great.

Tom,

Wotchew bin smokin' ? Does he need to win by larger margins ? Does he need to beat 3-y-o colts and fillies ? :faint: .

Java Gold@TFT
09-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Tom,

Wotchew bin smokin' ? Does he need to win by larger margins ? Does he need to beat 3-y-o colts and fillies ? :faint: .
Well the same 3 or 4 Rcahle bashers insist that she must beat makes at 10F (the Classic distance) in order to be deemed "great". Thos same ones are woefully short on the demand for Gio Ponti to run at the Classic turf distance of 12F. Different surfaces, different classic distances. They also like to suggest that Zenyatta has done one thing in her racing career to suggest that she could be effective over her limit of 9F. She has NEVER raced over 9F or against males. Manila was the best pure grass horse I ever saw in person and he couldn't win HOY. Kotaashan and All Along wrre the last two turf horse to be HOY and Gio Ponti is not even close to being in theri league in a year when Rachel is 8 for 8 with 5 G-I's beating 10 horse who have won 8 other G-I races this year.

Tom
09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Tom,

Touche! :lol:

CincyHorseplayer
09-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah is right.Zenyatta nearly loses to a N2X allowance mare on rubber and RA nearly loses to an older,modest graded stakes winner,that is male.What a travesty.

You people in the "unless she sprouts wings at the finish line and flies off into immortality ala Pegasus" camp are running out of excuses.

Bluesthestandard
09-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Two completely different styles of running between these two fine animals. Rachel is speed and Zen is a closer. It's not like these two are going to be neck and neck all the way around. Zen outclasses all of the runners yesterday except for Rachel. Watch the replay again. Rachel was fully extended by Macho. 4 more strides it would have been a different outcome. Now just replace Macho with a better horse like Zen. Game over!!!

tucker6
09-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Two completely different styles of running between these two fine animals. Rachel is speed and Zen is a closer. It's not like these two are going to be neck and neck all the way around. Zen outclasses all of the runners yesterday except for Rachel. Watch the replay again. Rachel was fully extended by Macho. 4 more strides it would have been a different outcome. Now just replace Macho with a better horse like Zen. Game over!!!
Are you kidding?? A neck separated Macho from RA at the end, and you're telling me Zen was better than Macho but not quite up to RA's talent level. I have to hand it to you, you are better at judging horses than me. I could never judge that closely.

I also like the fact that you peered into another parallel universe and saw that Macho did indeed catch RA at the end of their 9.5F race. Oh wait, it was only 9F, and RA won that. How many times will people judge the outcome of a longer race when a shorter one is actually being run? RA and Calvin thought it was a 9F race, and won it. If it had been a 10F or 9.5F race, don't you think the race may have been run slightly different, and thus your opinion rendered moot (or mute as many spell it)??

Java Gold@TFT
09-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Are you kidding?? A neck separated Macho from RA at the end, and you're telling me Zen was better than Macho but not quite up to RA's talent level. I have to hand it to you, you are better at judging horses than me. I could never judge that closely.

I also like the fact that you peered into another parallel universe and saw that Macho did indeed catch RA at the end of their 9.5F race. Oh wait, it was only 9F, and RA won that. How many times will people judge the outcome of a longer race when a shorter one is actually being run? RA and Calvin thought it was a 9F race, and won it. If it had been a 10F or 9.5F race, don't you think the race may have been run slightly different, and thus your opinion rendered moot (or mute as many spell it)??
Don't worry, these are the same guys who say Zenyatta would dominate at 10F even though she has never run past 9F in her 3 years on the track. They will prpbably also tell you that she would have won the Pac Classic today because she has a stronger closing kick than the winner. Got to be in it to win it and the wire comes at the same spot for every horse in the race.