PDA

View Full Version : This is what makes me nuts

cees with dees
09-05-2009, 05:51 PM
The tvg people just said that Rachel Alexandra knows everyone is there to see her so unseating Borel was just her putting on a show for them.
Why in the world do we as intelligent players allow this crap and even worse, support it>?
Ben

kenwoodallpromos
09-05-2009, 07:28 PM
First, this "crap" of Borel's jumping off is what the General Public eats up- and that public AND we player made her 1-5!
Like, if she lost, all we playerws would nolt be using that to make up excuses for her loss?
Calm down please- the 20090 Preakness champ just won her 7th graded stakes, looks healthy, is drawing many new real fans, and if racing is smart they will become bettors.

OTM Al
09-05-2009, 09:48 PM
She was extremely calm in the paddock, so all we could figure was that the gate being pulled into place, which was a little loud (it was very quite when they were out on the track) may have spooked her a bit.

JustRalph
09-06-2009, 09:26 AM
I think you guys missed the point of the post starting the thread...........

Agreed......I am with the first post.....

Pace Cap'n
09-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I really believe Borel saved the day for Rachel before the race even started. She was about a split second from bolting but CB had held the reins (not a lot of jocks would, imo) and was able to calm her very quickly. His lifetime of experience with horses paid off yesterday.

cj's dad
09-06-2009, 11:09 AM
I really believe Borel saved the day for Rachel before the race even started. She was about a split second from bolting but CB had held the reins (not a lot of jocks would, imo) and was able to calm her very quickly. His lifetime of experience with horses paid off yesterday.

Very insightful post - what a nightmare it would have been for her to get loose and eventually have to be scratched !!

CB did a fine job !!

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2009, 04:20 AM
I believe the guys on TVG correctly pointed out that it really wasn't Rachel but more that Calvin basically lost his balance in that post parade incident.

And he had better hold onto her when something like that happens...if he knows what's good for him! :lol:

JustRalph
09-07-2009, 09:26 AM
I believe the guys on TVG correctly pointed out that it really wasn't Rachel but more that Calvin basically lost his balance in that post parade incident.

And he had better hold onto her when something like that happens...if he knows what's good for him! :lol:

He will never let go........he is riding her all the way to the bank!!! :ThmbUp:

Anybody able to calculate what he has made on her this year?

Tom
09-07-2009, 10:17 AM
He will never let go........he is riding her all the way to the bank!!! :ThmbUp:

:lol: Good point! :lol:

When they retire her, they will have to pry her reigns out of his cold, dead fingers!

FenceBored
09-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Anybody able to calculate what he has made on her this year?

Let's see, Woodward pps list $2,296,914 as ytd earnings plus another $450,000 for the Woodward makes $2,746,914 in earnings for Rachel.

At 10% of earnings you get $274,691.40 as Calvin's share.

To be clear, Calvin has made it plain that he loves this filly, and not for the checks.

Quagmire
09-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Let's see, Woodward pps list $2,296,914 as ytd earnings plus another $450,000 for the Woodward makes $2,746,914 in earnings for Rachel.

At 10% of earnings you get $274,691.40 as Calvin's share.

To be clear, Calvin has made it plain that he loves this filly, and not for the checks.

I bet he cashes them though.

JustRalph
09-08-2009, 10:40 AM
I bet he cashes them though.

I bet they aren't sitting around on the dresser at home :lol:

Ricky Henderson Story:

Baseball GM: Ricky, why haven't you cashed your 3 million dollar bonus check?

Ricky : I am waiting for the interest rates to go up............ :lol: