PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get US racing form?

KevinBM
05-22-2003, 03:30 PM
Hi, I have had a look at a good few American sites this evening, basically I am looking for a site that gives the previous form of all horses in all races, but cannot find a site similar to the excellent Racing Post (http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses) that we have in the UK, where you can click on PRINT OUTS and get future race cards with all previous form of all runners entered.

Could someone please direct me to an American website similar to the racing post above please, thanks.

Dave Schwartz
05-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Kevin,

Here there is a significant charge for those files, so do not expect them to be free.

The prime source is http://www.drf.com/

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

KevinBM
05-22-2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks Dave, very disappointing that there are no free sites in the US like the racing post, and I certainly would not pay for that sort of stuff that is freely available for UK racing. In a country the size of yours, I thought you would have at leat one site where they had all the runners previous form for free, guess this is my last time looking at US racing, thanks anyway.

hurrikane
05-22-2003, 06:56 PM
uhh...remember....we're the capitalists! :cool:

BillW
05-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by hurrikane@HTR
uhh...remember....we're the capitalists! :cool:

Capitalists with a monopoly controlling our horse racing data :mad:

KevinBM
05-22-2003, 08:01 PM
Well said Bill, spot on mate!!!

kenwoodall
05-23-2003, 12:47 AM
IOn case you did not know, you cannot win by picking a horse to Lose in the colonies, either!

lousycapper
05-23-2003, 02:11 AM
KevinBM
Apprentice:

What about using the free charts @ Equibase? They are available for a few days so you would have to download them every day or so.

http://www.equibase.com

-L.C.

KevinBM
05-23-2003, 05:08 AM
ken Woodall,

In case you did not know, you cannot win by picking a horse to Lose in the colonies, either!

Fortunately, I use a betting exchange in the uk where you can lay (pick horses to lose) and, the prices are a lot better than you get in the US :D, perhaps you should try it!

Lousycapper, thanks for that site address, I will check it out.

Zaf
05-23-2003, 08:28 AM
Hey Kevin,

This thread will explain to you how to get a handful of free U.S. races per day. If you need em.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5754

ZAFONIC

KevinBM
05-23-2003, 08:56 AM
Thanks zafonic, very helpful indeed, great picture, is that really you :D

lousycapper
05-23-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by KevinBM
ken Woodall,

Fortunately, I use a betting exchange in the uk where you can lay (pick horses to lose) and, the prices are a lot better than you get in the US :D, perhaps you should try it!

============================

I agree about the payouts. A future software project will be taking Time Form and any other available information for the UK and Europe to see if it's possible to win there without using the fractionals. Then it's on to "the land down under", Hong Kong and Japan. This should keep me busy until my first grandchild is born [I'll be 16 this July]. Heh, heh! :D

-L.C.

Dave Schwartz
05-23-2003, 11:34 AM
LousyCapper,

If you can do the Japanese, let me know... We have a client that is interested in that. The daily download is 12,000 fields, spread over 14 files and all the instructions are in Japanese.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

lousycapper
05-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
LousyCapper,

If you can do the Japanese, let me know... We have a client that is interested in that. The daily download is 12,000 fields, spread over 14 files and all the instructions are in Japanese.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

============================

Mr. Schwartz,

I'm sure there are many handicappers out there that would like to play the Japanese tracks using computer software. However, any software I write will never be sold. As far as the number of fields and files it's only about 10 times the number of fields that a single comma delimited Equibase file contains. It's the Japanese characters that will take time to decipher. So I'll learn to translate Japanese. Sounds like fun!

-L.C.