PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 9/5

nobeyerspls
09-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Chalky - Not too bad last week. I had a 1st , a 3rd, and a scratch. Your first time turf filly race was off the grass but you had that $30 exacta when your 12-1 morning line beat the favorite.
Longball - Yeah, except that horse was bet down to 4-1. Not so easy this week. The old man wants to do the early pick fours at Saratoga and Woodbine. And, he wants our total wager to be $36 or less. He started a thread on targeting returns from horizontal bets and wants us to demonstrate the viability of smaller tickets.
Chalky - Well that's just great. We post a couple of winners and now we get challenged. We're going to need at least one single in each combo. I have #1 Stately Victor as a solo in Saratoga's 5th. Do you have one for Woodbine.
Longball - Yeah. I like #11 getting Bold (20-1) in the fifth.
Chalky - That figures. A 20-1 single. Why don't we just give the money to a food bank? Since you're doing that, you can complete the Woodbine ticket and I'll do Saratoga. I'll use #'s 3, 6, and 10 in the 2nd. The #3 is Pletcher and might be short priced. The #6 was closing and gets a fourlong more and the #10 is a 2nd lifetime with a nice post-race work. #s 1 and 7 are the likely favorites in the 3rd and I'll add #4 Crusin'thebridle (8-1) to the mix. She gets blinkers off after a troubled start in her last. The 4th is a turf stakes for NY breds. I'll use the #4, the likelyfavorite, and add #s2, 3, and 6. The #3 is Exclusive Scheme (12-1) who is 1 for 1 on the course and working well for Badgett. So, I'm 3x3x4x1 for exactly thirty six bucks.
Longball - Nice ticket except #4 Mesa Vista (8-1) might break your heart in the 5th. The 4th is 2yo maidens and I'll use #'s 3, 4, and 9. The latter comes out of a fast shorter race and might do better at 7furlongs. In the 6th, after cashing my big ticket in the 5th, I'll watch #'s 1, 4, and 6 duke it out for the win. This is a lousy race category for me but it's in the sequence and has to be dealt with. #4 Elision(3-1) is my pick in the 7th. Pierce scratched her out of a stakes race for this. I'll put #1 Holy Grace (6-1) on the ticket just in case she comes out running after a long layoff. Neil Dyrsdale has two in this race. What's with that? Did he make a wrong turn off the Santa Monica freeway? I considered them but the Woodbine turf course has been a graveyard for 1st time shippers. So there it is. I'm 3x1x3x2 for eighteen bucks. Half of your bet and I'll get twice as much.
Chalky - No you won't. Two times zero is still zero.