PDA

View Full Version : do Keeneland reserved seats often sell..

thespaah
09-04-2009, 07:03 PM
..Out this far in advance...
I am making a first ever trip to Keeneland this fall. I tried buying reserved seats for the 10th of October, but discovered these are sold out.
Anyone?
BTW, I can get seats via one of the many on line tix borkers at 4X the face value.
Is the standee area on the apron ok?
Thanks!

Grits
09-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I am making a first ever trip to Keeneland this fall. I tried buying reserved seats for the 10th of October, but discovered these are sold out.
Anyone?
BTW, I can get seats via one of the many on line tix borkers at 4X the face value.
Thanks!

Yes, they do sell out, and certainly on the weekends. The apron is fine if you're not able to get seats. There are plenty of benches on the apron.

BillW
09-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Anyone?

Yea, pretty much

Thanks!

There are benches on the apron but it is out in the sun. There is lots of seating inside (short walk out if you like to see the races live). I say lots but it goes quickly too. Keeneland is a pretty popular place.

http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//3000/000/50/7/13057.jpg

BIG49010
09-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Somebody usually selling tickets for face value on weekends, many order them in advance and then have extras. If you call them up, fall tickets are available, Bluegrass is a tough ticket.

wisconsin
09-05-2009, 04:40 PM
You can usually buy tickets at the reserved ticket window on any day except maybe the Blue Grass. The two times we went, we walked right up and got seats near the finish line, and both days had announced crowds near 15k.

thespaah
09-05-2009, 04:57 PM
You can usually buy tickets at the reserved ticket window on any day except maybe the Blue Grass. The two times we went, we walked right up and got seats near the finish line, and both days had announced crowds near 15k.Ok..I went stright to the Keeneland website to find that the seats were gone.
Are you implying that the track keeps a portion of seats for walk up sale only?
Perhaps I should call the track?

BillW
09-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Ok..I went stright to the Keeneland website to find that the seats were gone.
Are you implying that the track keeps a portion of seats for walk up sale only?
Perhaps I should call the track?

If he's finding same day seats on the finishline, I would imagine that they set aside a fair number of "VIP" seats for an emergency (VIP's showing up) and sell off what they don't use.

uncbossfan
09-05-2009, 06:32 PM
You can usually buy tickets at the reserved ticket window on any day except maybe the Blue Grass. The two times we went, we walked right up and got seats near the finish line, and both days had announced crowds near 15k.

15K is not a huge crowd for Keeneland if memory serves me correct. They usually pack in 20-22K on a Saturday I believe. Could be wrong though. Keeneland is not huge. Very quaint and an absolute must see for any horse racing fan. We do at least 1 bus trip from Northern KY every meet.

JustRalph
09-06-2009, 09:30 AM

I have tried this 5-6 times and never have gotten a ticket

you gotta get lucky on some days...........