PDA

View Full Version : Woodward TV?

ryesteve
09-04-2009, 04:13 PM
So is TVG the only network covering the race tomorrow??

Java Gold@TFT
09-04-2009, 04:19 PM
So is TVG the only network covering the race tomorrow??
Unless you live in the Northeast and get MSG+.

the little guy
09-04-2009, 07:10 PM
It is also on MASN.

thespaah
09-04-2009, 07:14 PM
It is also on MASN.
Expecting a big crowd up there tomorrow?
Spoke to me friend up there today and he said the weather is supposed to be pleasant.

Java Gold@TFT
09-05-2009, 04:46 AM
Expecting a big crowd up there tomorrow?
Spoke to me friend up there today and he said the weather is supposed to be pleasant.
Weather is perfect - sunny and upper 70's. Firm and fast all week. NYRA is opening the gates at 7AM which they only do on Travers Day. I've read that they are expecting 35,000 - 40,000 but with this weather they may push a little over 40,000 (from my own experience there). The biggest problem is that it is a holiday weekend. Lots of people who have vacation home sin the Adirondacks are closing up shop for the winter. Then kids are going back to school this week so it's a last shot at a family vacation. No matter what, they will get one of the biggest crowds they've had after the Travers since they went to 6 weeks. Beautiful weather, two G-I's, Rachel, full fields and cold beer, what could be better?

Tom
09-05-2009, 09:38 AM
What is MASN?

And where is ESPN? Really poor performance covering racing this year by them.

joanied
09-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Weather is perfect - sunny and upper 70's. Firm and fast all week. NYRA is opening the gates at 7AM which they only do on Travers Day. I've read that they are expecting 35,000 - 40,000 but with this weather they may push a little over 40,000 (from my own experience there). The biggest problem is that it is a holiday weekend. Lots of people who have vacation home sin the Adirondacks are closing up shop for the winter. Then kids are going back to school this week so it's a last shot at a family vacation. No matter what, they will get one of the biggest crowds they've had after the Travers since they went to 6 weeks. Beautiful weather, two G-I's, Rachel, full fields and cold beer, what could be better?

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Nothing, javagold...except for maybe one...if I was there:D

bisket
09-05-2009, 01:15 PM
tom its a maryland sports network. mid atlantic area recieves the signal

my_nameaintearl
09-05-2009, 01:35 PM
What is MASN?

Well Espn Priority is college football its one of the biggest forms of revenue and today is the first saturday for college football.

statik27
09-05-2009, 01:37 PM
ESPN always has a poor performance, whether they show the races or not.

castaway01
09-05-2009, 03:40 PM
What is MASN?

With college football started, it's not going to get better...

thespaah
09-05-2009, 04:26 PM
What is MASN?

And where is ESPN? Really poor performance covering racing this year by them.Opening weekend of NCAA football.
ESPN cannot afford to give up the ratings. It's all about ratings. Ratings = Ad dollars.
The Woodward might pull a one or two share.. A regional matchup like Georgia/ Ok State will pull a 5 or 6...
Plus, the ad time for these NCAA games was no doubt sold far in advance. And every ESPN feed is occupied by NCAA football...
But hey, that's what specialty channles are for.
Here's an example .....I used to live in the Savannah/Hilton Head, SC region...
Back when NBC had the Breeders Cup I saw only the last two races. That was because the local NBC affiliate had a contract to show the leading ACC football game. That still applies. That station is one of the few in the US that does not show Notre Dame football.

thespaah
09-05-2009, 04:28 PM
tom its a maryland sports network. mid atlantic area recieves the signalActually MASN has quite a large geographic reach. I am in the Cahrlotte ,NC area and MASN is a local RSN for us.. I can watch every Nationals anbd Orioles game here.

Tom
09-05-2009, 05:16 PM
ESPN has sucked all year though.......an eclipse award for poor coverage?

bisket
09-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Actually MASN has quite a large geographic reach. I am in the Cahrlotte ,NC area and MASN is a local RSN for us.. I can watch every Nationals anbd Orioles game here.
i was vacationing at the outer banks and watched the orioles on masn also

joanied
09-05-2009, 05:34 PM
ESPN has sucked all year though.......an eclipse award for poor coverage?

Ya got my vote!!

Geeze...22 minutes to post for the Woodward...I'm a wreck:faint: ...
speed all day...I'm thinking Calvin is gonna take her to the front and keep going...
Forego was a good one...I had Pyro for the place behind Kodiak Kowboy with Ready's Echo to show...close, but not good enough.

Woodward, Woodward, Woodward...hurry, hurry, hurry:jump: :jump: :jump:

Tom
09-05-2009, 05:57 PM
joanied.....have a beer!
You just saw history being written. :ThmbUp::cool: