PDA

View Full Version : 400 Bankroll Experiment

pktruckdriver
09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
If we could use the following tracks....

Arlington Park
Assiniboia Downs
Beulah Park
Breeders Cup
Calder Racecourse
Charles Town
Churchill Downs
Colonial Downs
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club
Delta Downs
Ellis Park
Fair Grounds
Golden Gate Fields
Gulfstream
Hastings Park
Hawthorne Racecourse
Hollywood Park
Hoosier Park
Indiana Downs
Laurel Park

Lone Star Park
Louisiana Downs
Meadowlands Thoroughbred
Monmouth Park
Mountaineer Park
Northland Park
Oaklawn Park
Penn National
Philadelphia Park
Pimlico Racecourse
Pinnacle Racecourse
Portland Meadows
Prairie Meadows
Presque Isle Downs
Remington Park
Retama Park
River Downs
Sunland Park
Sunray Park
The Downs at Albuquerque
The Meadowlands
Thistledown
Timonium
Turf Paradise
Will Rogers Downs
Yavapai Downs
Zia Park

Let us have a suggested wager stategy, to turn our bankroll , 400.00, into as large a bank as we can, say within a week and or weekend.

A contest maybe, sure that scenario best fits this case. I don't know maybe this one is bad idea, and I stepped in too far. I have been unable to download lately and would not be up to speed to do this proprerly.

I was to try out a new wagering strategy I learned about and it would only give me and a 1 in 4 , (races) , shot at hitting a nice payout , otherwords I would need a 25% winning percentage to possibly show a very nice ROI, if all goes according to plan. But we know how plans come together....

I may have not thought this one out, because the more I write the less comfy I am with this, well , let me put it out there and see if someone else can take it and run with it, who knows

Patrick

Tom
09-04-2009, 11:13 AM
What?????
No Finger Lakes~:mad:;)

Finger Lakes was very very good to you!

Tom Barrister
09-04-2009, 12:40 PM
You might want to stick with learning RDSS (Sartin-based programs generally have a learning curve of much longer than three or four months) and basic bankroll management before delving into novel wagering strategies.

pktruckdriver
09-04-2009, 01:42 PM
What?????
No Finger Lakes~:mad:;)

Finger Lakes was very very good to you!

Sorry Tom , you're right FL was good to us that day, but R2D PA's new sponsor does not cover it, or Saratoga either, but ther is enough others no???

Tom B. ,you too are right, and believe me I am still on the learning stage with RDSS and for my serious playing, I may not be able to do that for quite awhile for a few reasons. But that does not stop me from learning, and studying till I am ready again.

Now this 400 bankroll is free from R2d and I would like to take a chance and makle it grow into something legendary, (talk about dreaming big ), and just want to have a few see if other have done that here and how they suggest it, not that it means I jump right in, just something to look at it,because 400 to win on a 20-1 M/L horse isn't going to happen, nor is a 2-1 M/L either.

I made this 400 bankroll thanks to Racing2Day's free offer of 25.00 to sign up without any deposit required, how could I resisit such an offer, so this 400 Bankroll began as a 25.00 bankroll, so let me make it grow as much 1 or 2 more times and I will be very very happy.

So Tom and Tom thank you both, as you're both right and I felt I should explain myself a little bit more, hope I did.

Patrick

Warren Henry
09-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Sorry Tom , you're right FL was good to us that day, but R2D PA's new sponsor does not cover it, or Saratoga either, but ther is enough others no???

Tom B. ,you too are right, and believe me I am still on the learning stage with RDSS and for my serious playing, I may not be able to do that for quite awhile for a few reasons. But that does not stop me from learning, and studying till I am ready again.

Now this 400 bankroll is free from R2d and I would like to take a chance and makle it grow into something legendary, (talk about dreaming big ), and just want to have a few see if other have done that here and how they suggest it, not that it means I jump right in, just something to look at it,because 400 to win on a 20-1 M/L horse isn't going to happen, nor is a 2-1 M/L either.

I made this 400 bankroll thanks to Racing2Day's free offer of 25.00 to sign up without any deposit required, how could I resisit such an offer, so this 400 Bankroll began as a 25.00 bankroll, so let me make it grow as much 1 or 2 more times and I will be very very happy.

So Tom and Tom thank you both, as you're both right and I felt I should explain myself a little bit more, hope I did.

Patrick
Is the $400 Bankroll your money now? Can you withdraw it?

If you were able to run $25 up to $400, why not take down part of your winnings - start with $25 again and see if you can run it up again.

Forget trying to get rich quick. If I had back all the money I have spent in the last 40 years trying to get rich quick, I would be rich :bang:

ddog
09-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Is the $400 Bankroll your money now? Can you withdraw it?

If you were able to run $25 up to $400, why not take down part of your winnings - start with $25 again and see if you can run it up again.

Forget trying to get rich quick. If I had back all the money I have spent in the last 40 years trying to get rich quick, I would be rich :bang:

Well said.

Put some of the "winnings" to work at something else.

Good motivation to stay focused.

:)

Tom Barrister
09-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Now this 400 bankroll is free from R2d
<snip>

Patrick

It doesn't matter that the $400 began as a free $25 account. The $400 is tangible: money that can be spent (once you withdraw it) the same as the money that you earned from your job, money that you found on the street, or wherever it came from. Of course, you're welcome to do with it as you please, but don't rationalize that it's only $25. Since you have the option to withdraw the money, you're now risking $400 in hard cash on whatever betting method you're speaking of.

Instead of trying to get rich using some fancy betting scheme, you might do better to treat the $400 as your betting bankroll and act accordingly, playing horses which have value (are overlays), coupled with a sound money-management strategy (i.e. fixed bets of perhaps $5 each).

In other words, get rich SLOWLY instead of quickly.

ryesteve
09-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I thought after the "Programming Yourself to Be a Winner" thread, Pk was making some good progress down a constructive path... but here we are, just days later, and we get a post that's as impatient and undisciplined as ever, if not moreso.

Please, take the advice people are giving you here.

banacek
09-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I've always liked Dick Schmidt's plan in "Pace Makes the Race". Something like: start with $200...when you double it to $400, take $100 profit. When you double the $300 to $600, take $100 profit. Now take the $500 and play with it the rest of your life.

P.S. Dick: isn't it time to write that new book? Dave Schwartz too!

newtothegame
09-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Pat....if you can withdrawl some, as I would think you could. You could probably take care of a few of those issues that you brought up in the other thread about health care and can it work for you. Seriously, youve got to get your health right. Get your new shoes, maybe a Dr visit for an overall physical. And start over again with say 50 or the original 25. And congrats for turning your starting bankroll over EIGHT times. But, becareful...those types of returns can quickly go the opposite way. As many here have mentioned...it takes discipline and a never ending learning curve.

Quagmire
09-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Patrick please follow the advice given to you in this thread. Take some profits and use them to pay for some of life's necessities. They race everyday and you'll have plenty of opportunites to make cash down the road. Success is a route not a sprint.
Best of luck on your diet that you posted about the other day as well.

Light
09-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Patrick

How did you turn $25 into $400?

Quagmire
09-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Patrick

How did you turn $25 into $400?

I'm guessing TLG's picks.

pktruckdriver
09-04-2009, 10:13 PM
I thought after the "Programming Yourself to Be a Winner" thread, Pk was making some good progress down a constructive path... but here we are, just days later, and we get a post that's as impatient and undisciplined as ever, if not moreso.

Please, take the advice people are giving you here.

Good Lord guys lighten up and take a chance, be aggresive for once and swing for the fence this one time. My Lord this is not my actual Bankroll or bankroll's that I will eventually use when I feel comfortable enough to do so, which may be next year,most likely. I have a lot of practice and paper playing 1st before I jump into this with my hard earned money and a few BR's to sytematically try to enjoy a nice ROI from each bankroll that I begin with. Each one will be a different approach and different mm too,but each system will have been from the few years I been here studying and learning with all the tools I gather in that time, plus a few more I have yet to get and study, so please be a little more relaxed with me,my God, can't a guy gamble once in awhile without too much criticism, please. Your concern is appreciated,but this is not my real wagering systems, this is just a once in awhile swing for the fence thing, it is called gambling, is it not?

Now to explain the 25.00 to 400.00 thing, I hit a .50 tri at AP a few days ago from someone's suggestion on the RDSS forum , and if 1.00 exacta's could have been played, instead of only 2.00 exacta's on the R2D site, I'd have also hit another 150 or so,okay.

It is my understanding that I can take the money and run, but haven't any of you double downed before, as for trying to get rich, please, it is only 400 and it is not to thrown about too lightly because yeah I could use money now, but instead of needing 400 I really could use , get this now, 1946.00 as that would actually take care of 2 of my biggest outstanding bills right now,so why not shoot for that, if I could and this is not getting rich, just seeing how lucky I can get, somebody said to me, and said to them, yes it may take luck, but I can possibly try to limit the amount luck needed by acting with a little bit planning and execution and try to take the luck out of the equation, why is that bad, why so much flack for trying to hit a few more wagers,or did you really think I wanted to make a 100 grand or more with 400, well yeah sure but , come on even I know better, okay.

Let this be a fun thing, something to look back on and say remeber when Patrick took 25 and grew it to to a few grand and paid off his truck and the IRS, and still had some left over, wonder what ever happened to that ... this ia what this should be like, a crazy little gamble, with free money and we took it for a pretty good ride, and got it all the way up to ,who knows, whatever we can.

Hope this explains things better and meets with the approval of those bashing me being stupid and not taking the money now and running, I still might do that, I'm not sure yet, but new shoes and a few little things will be bought from this , thank you for the suggestions, really:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Happy Labor Day

Patrick

ryesteve
09-04-2009, 10:25 PM
can't a guy gamble once in awhile without too much criticism, please.If you're going to complain even though EVERYONE is telling you the same thing, you might as well just stop asking for advice and maybe even try to figure out why you're not having much luck finding anyone on the same wavelength.

newtothegame
09-04-2009, 10:37 PM
If you're going to complain even though EVERYONE is telling you the same thing, you might as well just stop asking for advice and maybe even try to figure out why you're not having much luck finding anyone on the same wavelength.

Patrick...I too have to agree COMPLETELY with steve. You come on here and cry wolf (can't afford shoes...cant afford healthy choices...cant find a program that works...the list goes on and on), and then you look a gifted horse in the mouth? This just reaffirms what I thought about your post from the first. You truly want to see what and how much you can get from people. There are many good people here, winter included who took up for you when some of us got upset with you on the healthcare work for me post cause we saw it then and before on other threads. Its just sad that REAL people try to give you REAL help and well...lets just say there is an old saying my parents taught me at an early age...YOU REAP WHAT YOU SEW. Good luck and best wishes sir....hope the pony gods dont go bad for ya.

formula_2002
09-05-2009, 12:14 AM
perhaps the time to draw down is when your % of bankroll function demands bet sizes the pools can't handel without impacting payouts.
Then again, perhaps the more mortal outlook would be to stop every so often to have a nice steak dinner. :)

njcurveball
09-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Let us have a suggested wager stategy, to turn our bankroll , 400.00, into as large a bank as we can, say within a week and or weekend.

One day, just one day! That is all this Hoss needs. First step, find a bathroom conversation at a truck stop. "Bet the horse heavy, you'll laugh all the way to the bank!" Go all in with the $400. Then after the horse wins, go to the backstretch to congratulate the trainer.

He will give you his tie and seat in the Jockey Club. Don't be distracted by the girl in the tight red dress. Bet the horse he gave you for the whole thing. After that one wins, pick a chalk, but make sure you get arrested and don't bet it.

When it throws the jock, you know it is your day. Ask people around the track who to bet, cross those numbers off, the one that is left, put the whole wad on it.

That should give you a cool half million for the day. Remove 499,600 and start over the next day with 400. :jump:

Seriously though, you should split the $400 into two banks. Bet $2 win on the first 100 horses and keep a notebook of what happened. If you have to touch the 2nd bank after a month, you know your strategy is all wrong. In fact, if RDSS is used properly, you will never have to touch the 2nd bank. In the span of a year you could grow your bankroll big enough to be betting $100 a race or more.

Good luck!

Warren Henry
09-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Patrick,

It is your money, just as it is your life. You are free to do as you please.

However, I think you misunderstand some of us that you think are bashing you. We are not putting you down. We are trying to keep you from making the same mistakes that we have made.

Three different times in my life, I have had small windfalls that I was able to parlay up to amounts that were worthwhile. All three times, I could have stayed conservative and could probably have made a comfortable living with the bankroll that I had built. However, all three times I pizzed the money away by swinging for the fences trying to be RICH instead of comfortable.

When I offer you advice, I am just begging you not to make the mistakes I have made.

When you ask for advice, get the same advice from several different people with experience and then disregard the advice, it makes me think that you aren't really looking for advice at all.

What are you really trying to get from us? Do you think that we have a magic pushbutton system that will make you rich if you just beg pitifully enough?

Or are you just looking for someone to pat you on the head and say, yeah, we think you are doing exactly the right think, go for it.

As I said earlier, it is your money and your life. Make your choices and live with them. Just don't expect me to have any sympathy if you disregard well intended advice and find misfortune.

I honestly wish you well, but am not optimistic that you will find success on your current path.

chickenhead
09-05-2009, 01:30 AM
the real answer is: if your financial situation is as you've describe -- you have no business betting the horses at all, with this money or any other.

Tom Barrister
09-05-2009, 03:41 AM
Good Lord guys lighten up and take a chance, be aggresive for once and swing for the fence this one time.

<snip to save space....refer to the original post quoted here>

Hope this explains things better and meets with the approval of those bashing me being stupid and not taking the money now and running, I still might do that, I'm not sure yet, but new shoes and a few little things will be bought from this , thank you for the suggestions, really:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Almost everything you've said is what a compulsive gambler would say. I know the routines well. I've been around them all of my adult life. I'm lucky I never became one myself.

You asked for advice, got advice that was uniformly against your go for the moon idea in the first post, and now you're not only ignoring the advice and doing what you always intended to in the first place by ratiionalizing that the money isn't important, you're also lecturing us about cutting you some slack.

I'm going to cut you some slack by adding you to my ignore list. I've seen enough train wrecks as it is, and that's right where you're headed.

Before I go, here's a piece of advice that I've given thousands of kids that I've taught or worked with in sports programs---it applies almost equally to adults: if you believe something is true, and everybody else is telling you the opposite, you can be almost certain that they're right and you're wrong.

PS: If you did get the $400 up to $2,000, you probably wouldn't pay any bills with it.

newtothegame
09-05-2009, 03:50 AM
One day, just one day! That is all this Hoss needs. First step, find a bathroom conversation at a truck stop. "Bet the horse heavy, you'll laugh all the way to the bank!" Go all in with the $400. Then after the horse wins, go to the backstretch to congratulate the trainer.

He will give you his tie and seat in the Jockey Club. Don't be distracted by the girl in the tight red dress. Bet the horse he gave you for the whole thing. After that one wins, pick a chalk, but make sure you get arrested and don't bet it.

When it throws the jock, you know it is your day. Ask people around the track who to bet, cross those numbers off, the one that is left, put the whole wad on it.

That should give you a cool half million for the day. Remove 499,600 and start over the next day with 400. :jump:

Seriously though, you should split the $400 into two banks. Bet $2 win on the first 100 horses and keep a notebook of what happened. If you have to touch the 2nd bank after a month, you know your strategy is all wrong. In fact, if RDSS is used properly, you will never have to touch the 2nd bank. In the span of a year you could grow your bankroll big enough to be betting $100 a race or more.

Good luck!

incredibly funny movie to me N.J ......thanks for reminding me of it. think I am gonna have to go dig up my old dvd's :)

pktruckdriver
09-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Okay

Everything I said is all true and yesmyfinanacial situation is in dyer straights , but this was not money I had earned thur hard work, it was a free sign up gimmick to get me use their ADW, and thanks to Bob I hit a nice tri.

It seems that I am free to my money and run,according to the ADW, that is the responsible thing to do the right thing to do,no arguing here, and thank you all for pointing that out to me, as I did know this too, but since I am a gambler and on a roll ,I thought it would be nice to try see how long we could go and maybe ,just maybe build it up large enough, 1546.00,to pay off this truck, another 500 to pay the IRS, then relax and maybe go the route NJ suggested, where you guys probally think I would want to keep going and afdter the IRS, let's, how bout 2500 for a set of 8 new tires,and then after that one how bout 7500 or so for a rebuilt engine, as mine now has a million miles on this one, so what does that give us

1546.00 pay off truck
500.00 2290 heavy vehicle tax
2500.00 set of new tires ,drive tires 8 of them
7500.00 approx estimate for a engine rebuild (cummins n-14 pre ISX)
======

Shouldn't be a problem for us Pro's here on the PA Board now should it, no of course not, and the 1st wager is....Okay you guys win maybe it a bonehead move, totally stupid on my part, and I owe you all an apology for thinking like a gambler ( you wimps ), on a gambling website, for setting me straight and showing me the error's of my ways, so here goes I APOLOGIZE, but....

NJ, nice suggestion the 2.0 win bets as that will actually be one of my very 1st Banks that I will do, and I will be doing it to be able to have plenty of wagers to study to see how well I do at certain races, and whch ones I do not , becuase without any wgaers to go by and no records ,I will never know where my strengths and weakness's are, and 100 or so win bets should be a beginning to help me see where I do well and where I do not

Where have all the risk takers gone, they certainly are not here on this board, oh well, plenty of good people still here though and I guess the help you are trying to give should be better recieved, so I will try, enough mushy mush for one day, EXPERIMENT TERMINATED

PATRICK

PS BY THE WAY TOM I WOULD PAY MY BILLS IF I WAS TO HIT 2000.00
AS PAYING OFFTHIS TRUCK IS A MAJOR GOAL , ALMOST MET

Murph
09-05-2009, 09:22 AM
I've always liked Dick Schmidt's plan in "Pace Makes the Race". Something like: start with $200...when you double it to $400, take $100 profit. When you double the $300 to $600, take $100 profit. Now take the $500 and play with it the rest of your life.

P.S. Dick: isn't it time to write that new book? Dave Schwartz too!This is a good plan. You should take cash when ROI is up and you will soon learn if you can stand on your roll.

You can't win if you don't play. Somebody is going to win and it might as well be you! Go for it Patrick!

ryesteve
09-05-2009, 09:29 AM
( you wimps )

Where have all the risk takers gone, they certainly are not here on this board, I guess you are who you are, and it'll be difficult to change that... but it's still a bit astounding that you could be here as long as you have, yet managed to grasp no comprehension at all about the nature of this community and the discussions within.

RonTiller
09-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Patrick,

You may have already checked out of this thread but so be it.

We've spoken on the phone many times and I've always talked straight to you, no sugar coating, no BS. I also know you to be a fundamentally honest person with good intentions and a moral compass.

2 questions on Gamblers Anonymous website should strike home:

"Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?"

"Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?"

Look at what you wrote just in THIS thread alone:

"...I am a gambler and on a roll..."

"...yes my financial situation is in dire straights , but this was not money I had earned thru hard work..."

"Where have all the risk takers gone..."

"...I WOULD PAY MY BILLS IF I WAS TO HIT 2000.00..."

"...yeah I could use money now, but instead of needing 400 I really could use , get this now, 1946.00 as that would actually take care of 2 of my biggest outstanding bills right now,so why not shoot for that..."

"...Let this be a fun thing, something to look back on and say remember when Patrick took 25 and grew it to to a few grand and paid off his truck and the IRS..."

Change a few words here and there and these same mantras can be heard daily thousands of times in Las Vegas from people being evicted from their homes, living in their cars, on the streets or in rat infested trailers, trying to gamble their way out of their life's difficulties. I've seen it daily living near Sam's Town in Las Vegas. Same statements, same mindset, same story line, same justifications, same explanations, same exhortations, and most sadly, same result.

We all recognize the signs and it is agonizing (it really is) to watch people chastise others for being gambling wimps, swinging for the fences, on a hot roll, chasing that life changing hit (even if its only $2000 or $200), doubling down with what could be rent money, all the while being self admittedly in dire financial straights.

I hope you can beat this Patrick. I still believe in you.

Sigh...

Ron Tiller
HDW
wimpus noninterruptus

jonnielu
09-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Patrick,

It is your money, just as it is your life. You are free to do as you please.

However, I think you misunderstand some of us that you think are bashing you. We are not putting you down. We are trying to keep you from making the same mistakes that we have made.

Three different times in my life, I have had small windfalls that I was able to parlay up to amounts that were worthwhile. All three times, I could have stayed conservative and could probably have made a comfortable living with the bankroll that I had built. However, all three times I pizzed the money away by swinging for the fences trying to be RICH instead of comfortable.

When I offer you advice, I am just begging you not to make the mistakes I have made.

When you ask for advice, get the same advice from several different people with experience and then disregard the advice, it makes me think that you aren't really looking for advice at all.

What are you really trying to get from us? Do you think that we have a magic pushbutton system that will make you rich if you just beg pitifully enough?

Or are you just looking for someone to pat you on the head and say, yeah, we think you are doing exactly the right think, go for it.

As I said earlier, it is your money and your life. Make your choices and live with them. Just don't expect me to have any sympathy if you disregard well intended advice and find misfortune.

I honestly wish you well, but am not optimistic that you will find success on your current path.

That's weird, it seems like if enough time passes almost anybody can get a grip on the obvious.

jdl

pktruckdriver
09-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Patrick,

You may have already checked out of this thread but so be it.

We've spoken on the phone many times and I've always talked straight to you, no sugar coating, no BS. I also know you to be a fundamentally honest person with good intentions and a moral compass.

2 questions on Gamblers Anonymous website should strike home:

"Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?"

"Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?"

Look at what you wrote just in THIS thread alone:

"...I am a gambler and on a roll..."

"...yes my financial situation is in dire straights , but this was not money I had earned thru hard work..."

"Where have all the risk takers gone..."

"...I WOULD PAY MY BILLS IF I WAS TO HIT 2000.00..."

"...yeah I could use money now, but instead of needing 400 I really could use , get this now, 1946.00 as that would actually take care of 2 of my biggest outstanding bills right now,so why not shoot for that..."

"...Let this be a fun thing, something to look back on and say remember when Patrick took 25 and grew it to to a few grand and paid off his truck and the IRS..."

Change a few words here and there and these same mantras can be heard daily thousands of times in Las Vegas from people being evicted from their homes, living in their cars, on the streets or in rat infested trailers, trying to gamble their way out of their life's difficulties. I've seen it daily living near Sam's Town in Las Vegas. Same statements, same mindset, same story line, same justifications, same explanations, same exhortations, and most sadly, same result.

We all recognize the signs and it is agonizing (it really is) to watch people chastise others for being gambling wimps, swinging for the fences, on a hot roll, chasing that life changing hit (even if its only $2000 or $200), doubling down with what could be rent money, all the while being self admittedly in dire financial straights.

I hope you can beat this Patrick. I still believe in you.

Sigh...

Ron Tiller
HDW
wimpus noninterruptus

All Right all right, really I do not belong to GA,but I can see how y'all think so, a few times on this board I put up swinging for the home run, and each time got beat upside the head with the bat, okay no more attempts to swing big will be made here, I took my money and will buy a pair of walking shoes, and a helmet.

Actually the concern is kinda weird, but thankful none-the-less, but I will still buy a lottery ticket once in awhile and swing in private , when I can afford to and do so systematically, thru hard work and good handicapping.

Everyone keeps telling me I can't hit the big one, but I say bullshit and will prove y'all wrong when I really get started playing as I will be playing exotic wagers with a few banks and will hit my share of signers, despite what everyone says, because with practice and planning and excellent tools and recordkeeping, I will be able to wager successfully and win more often, just wait and see.

Now this wait may take a year or more , but it will not be rushed and my exotic bankroll's are to be my last BR's as more reliable win bet BR's are to be 1st on my entrance into wagering again, after that maybe an exacta system BR or 2, but one step at a time, using all the tools I have aquired,.

This also does not keep me from playing recreationally and doing as I please , but that will be kept private in the future and until I get ready I will relax as y'all suggest and go back into hiding and studying quietly, and do some walking, hopefully.

Ron, Warren, thx

Patrick

ryesteve
09-05-2009, 07:30 PM
really I do not belong to GA,but I can see how y'all think soYou still don't get it. We don't think you do... we know you don't... what we're saying is, you should.

soupman2
09-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Dude. I get it they don't. They have never been up against the wall. It was free money. You made something out of nothing. It is not quite where you can actually take some pressure off your back. Maybe if you can build it to $1000 you can do some things, but $400 for nothing invested, is nice, but it really doesn't help. Go for it man. I am with you! Make something out of nothing. The $400 can't help you a bit. I know where you are, and I understand. If you lose the $400, save $20. Buy some beer and a cigar, and say, hell, almost! I gave it a shot.

newtothegame
09-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Yep...you know patrick, Ive had a change od heart too. My apologies. Your absolutely right. GO FOR IT!!!! Who cares about the small necessities in life like shoes, health, etc etc. You are on a roll! First a FREE twenty spot...now FOUR hundred, chump change I say! If you could manage to increase that pitifully small twenty dollars into rolling it over TWENTY fold, just think how 4oo will look rolled over twenty times!!!!!!!! Thats 8000.00 in no time flat!!!
Hell swing away might casey! Your right! Life can never be fulfilled taking very low risk like most of us do. A great man once said there can be no reward without risk! So I say....GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! You only live once!!!!!!!!!!!:jump:

raybo
09-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Ain't nothin in life free!! Do you really think that you could start a thread like this and members here would (or could) give you the golden goose?

Sure there are some here that could turn your $400 into much more, over time. But, to think that just because you're "on a roll" you're going to turn that $400 into something substantial in a week? Now that would be what I call a value bet, of course, I'd have to lay against it happening.

You stated that this is a "gambler's forum", maybe you need to do some strolling through the archives before you make such a statement. I guess you would call a forum dealing with stocks and bonds a gambler's forum also?

I doubt very seriously that you will find anyone that will tell you what to bet on and how much. There are hundreds of people at the tracks looking for something like that every day. Unwilling to be patient or put in their due diligence. As has been said before in many threads, something over 95% of players are losers (probably closer to 98%). The very few who do turn a profit aren't about to give you anything, you gotta earn your way in this world.

So, take your $400 and do as you wish, chances are it won't make much difference which path(s) you choose anyway. You might get lucky but you probably won't, and even if you do, it won't last.

Space Monkey
09-05-2009, 09:47 PM
PK,
I've learned 1 thing from online betting of any form. When you win, take some out and enjoy it. If you leave it in there chances are good you will pizz it away.

I'm not as disciplined as some here. They talk about betting 2% or so of your bankroll. I'm not saying thats wrong. Just not for me. I have a hit % of over 10%. If I was you I'd take $200 out , leave $200 in and start betting around $20 a race. Have fun.

pktruckdriver
09-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Dude. I get it they don't. They have never been up against the wall. It was free money. You made something out of nothing. It is not quite where you can actually take some pressure off your back. Maybe if you can build it to $1000 you can do some things, but $400 for nothing invested, is nice, but it really doesn't help. Go for it man. I am with you! Make something out of nothing. The $400 can't help you a bit. I know where you are, and I understand. If you lose the $400, save $20. Buy some beer and a cigar, and say, hell, almost! I gave it a shot.

FINALLY, SOMEONE GETS IT.

400 will not help me too much,I took enough for some shoes, just under 200, now why not try to make, the remaining amount grow big enough to maybe help me, say halve a truck payment of 780, or build it up to 550 for the IRS payment due, rememeber this was a free 25 offer to join the ADW , Racing2Day so when I get my new shoes I will be walking high as a owner of a new pair of shoes,wooohooo :jump: :jump: :jump:

But seriously, I do believe once I begin playing with real bank's you will be surprised at how much I learned from this board, because so far I have not yet begun playing regularly, but when I do it will not be like this situation , it will be more responsible, y'all see. Honest

Patrick

ryesteve
09-05-2009, 11:36 PM
FINALLY, SOMEONE GETS ITFigures that the one person whose advice you're happy to listen to is the guy whose methodology consists of betting on birthday numbers. Congrats on finding an enabler.

Tom
09-06-2009, 12:12 AM
You might better take up heavy drinking.
It will be cheaper in the long run.
Take a picture of your $400....it is the last you will see of it.

Warren Henry
09-06-2009, 12:32 AM
You might better take up heavy drinking.
It will be cheaper in the long run.
Take a picture of your $400....it is the last you will see of it. :lol:

Donnie
09-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Patrick....with all due respect, from your post, two quotes.....

....and thanks to Bob I hit a nice tri......

and......

......but since I am a gambler and on a roll.....

I need to ask: are you on a roll or is Bob on a roll?

Tom-Oh
09-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Figures that the one person whose advice you're happy to listen to is the guy whose methodology consists of betting on birthday numbers. Congrats on finding an enabler.
That just made me laugh out loud. :lol:

Murph
09-06-2009, 08:54 AM
I guess you are who you are, and it'll be difficult to change that... but it's still a bit astounding that you could be here as long as you have, yet managed to grasp no comprehension at all about the nature of this community and the discussions within.Patrick, your posts are the most straightforward and honest I think I've ever read on this forum. Extremely entertaining and full of food for thought. I know the concerns many have for compulsive gamblers are real. Too many handicappers have picked our friends and loved ones up from the dirt of the alleyways because of compulsive gambling. Many are giving you the best advice they can offer.

At the same time, I love it when you come and ask folks to help parlay your roll and give you advice about shoes and health care. Only you can decide if you are a compulsive gambler. I've addressed those issues myself in the past, I doubt if I am the only poster who has done so.

You should be excited to have this chance to test your new methods. Use what you've learned so far, see what is brings you and keep handicapping the races. I don't feel like a $200 or $300 bankroll is too steep for any income level.

jonnielu
09-06-2009, 09:44 AM
But seriously, I do believe once I begin playing with real bank's you will be surprised at how much I learned from this board, because so far I have not yet begun playing regularly, but when I do it will not be like this situation , it will be more responsible, y'all see. Honest

Patrick

My experience, in what you have learned, has only been since April 4th, 2008. Since that time, I have seen that several people have done the extraordinary in actually going out of their way in an attempt to impart some information to you that you could actually use, in your self-development.

You have been given all of the most valuable information that would enable anyone to unlock every mystery that organized horse racing has to offer.

Yet, you hold it in total dis-regard, and those that gave, in total contempt, due to your own failure to "get it".

Today is September 6th, 2009. It seems that I am not alone in patiently waiting to see some evidence that you have learned anything at all.

jdl

applebee
09-06-2009, 01:10 PM
arlington picks for Patrick

1st 346
2nd 245
3rd 416
4th 723
5th pass
6th 643
7th 375
8th pass
9th pass
10th 694

Big party to go to no plays for me today.

good luck Terry

Red Knave
09-07-2009, 08:03 AM
when I really get started playing as I will be playing exotic wagers with a few banks and will hit my share of signers, despite what everyone says, because with practice and planning and excellent tools and recordkeeping, I will be able to wager successfully and win more oftenYou should start this part of your plan first

just wait and see.You don't need us to see, you need to see.

rrbauer
09-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Today is September 6th, 2009. It seems that I am not alone in patiently waiting to see some evidence that you have learned anything at all.

jdl

I don't subscribe to much of what this guy advocates, but this comment is spot on.