PDA

View Full Version : What kind of a lock is PlatinumPlus today?

cees with dees
09-03-2009, 12:03 PM
This horses firm turf races tower over this field and if anything near the 2-1 morning line, an absolute gift.
Wide draw no problem with long run to first turn and may even get the top.
At first glance, it appears Possessive is taking a huge drop which classwise, he is but he is still a maiden on firm ground.
The likely runnerup? I'd say so but clearly no match for the pick.
On the undercard, in the third, i'll never understand why trainers put maidens in Stakes races where if they win, the lose their first two conditions.
That said, of the ones that have grassed, none are anything special so going with Tapistry who has working like an absolute lawnmower on the grass. Inside draw and experience doesn't hurt either.
In the fourth, with a huge pace expected, Famous Patriot draws beautifully and lines are much better than they look. May get first run on lots of layoff closers at a generous price.
In the 6th, the race has scratched down quite a bit leaving Merriweather Jessica with her race to lose with position and hedge draw. Survived was claimed back and up out of jail by Contessa who is having a far better meet than his 10% shows.
In the 7th, Flower Exchange has shown great speed in both dirt tries now tries grass for a tag. Down the road.
In the 8th, Afternoon Stroll was sensational against older at Hollywood in the Oaks 2 back then held well chasing on soft ground. Back to firm turf against her peers with solid rider up. Look out!!!
Good luck.
Ben

cees with dees
09-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Isn't She Grand is taking unbelievable money for no apparent reason and this is the type of money to be concerned with.
I'm still betting the 2 but boxing 2/6 to save the play.
Ben