PDA

View Full Version : late odds drop

green80
09-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I know this subject has been beat to death but....

In the 9th at Monmouth today #11 Tide Runner... going into the gate was 5/2, going down the backstretch, even money, and at the 3/8 pole, 3/5.

I know the tote systems may be slow, but how do these late money guys always guess right? Something else going on here?

lamboguy
09-02-2009, 04:54 PM

In the 9th at Monmouth today #11 Tide Runner... going into the gate was 5/2, going down the backstretch, even money, and at the 3/8 pole, 3/5.

I know the tote systems may be slow, but how do these late money guys always guess right? Something else going on here?no nothing wrong here, its just that late simulcast money, don't you know the guys at the simulcast are alot smarter than me?

green80
09-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Yea, they hit 100%

lamboguy
09-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Yea, they hit 100%they are only good at finding the horse that gets to the front in hand. sometimes those horses get aced at the wire and they have to pay like the rest of us!

Imriledup
09-02-2009, 10:55 PM
The 6 horse in the 4th race today at Sacramento (cal expo) was even money going into the gate, she broke on top, got loose on the lead and paid 4.60. sometimes they go UP in price!

lamboguy
09-02-2009, 11:02 PM
The 6 horse in the 4th race today at Sacramento (cal expo) was even money going into the gate, she broke on top, got loose on the lead and paid 4.60. sometimes they go UP in price!i saw that one too, maybe the guy should have his eyes checked!

Imriledup
09-02-2009, 11:07 PM
i saw that one too, maybe the guy should have his eyes checked!

And, this horse became lone speed with 1 min to post when the only other speed was a late scratch. This horse could have been hammered down to 3-5 if smart bettors were paying attention!

cj
09-02-2009, 11:42 PM
You can't bet enough at Sacramento to make it worth the bother.

kenwoodallpromos
09-03-2009, 03:00 AM

I know the tote systems may be slow, but how do these late money guys always guess right? Something else going on here?
Is there enough computer late money to make a horse go from 5/2 to 3/5? I'm thinking maybe the legal "conditional betting" money is helping the big drops?

formula_2002
09-03-2009, 04:53 AM

probably had something to with the fact that i posted it as a play in the selections forum. :)

arno
09-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I was surprised at this post as I was at Monmouth and didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary.

1. Tide Runner was a Levine dropper from $16,000 at Saratoga to $5,000 at Monmouth.
2. Levine claimed her for $16,000 3 races back.
3. Her numbers excluding her last race were 10 lengths better than the competition.
4. She had enough speed to get to the lead from the outside
5. Morning line was 5/2 from the outside which is rare for Monmouth Park
6. Her DD will pay was $20 with a $9 horse winning the first leg.

All these reasons should have made her odds on.

But is the problem late money or a delay in knowing the up to date odds playing off track?

That horse was 2/1 with minute left and 6/5 as they were going into the gate as per Monmouth Park toteboard.

Anderon
09-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Here is what I had on that race before they went off.

FlyinLate
09-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Monmouth seems to be a little more delayed (or maybe its from experience) but this seems to be common there.

A week or so ago I plunked down a descent wager on 3rd choice (7-2) shot with 0 MTP. He dropped to 8/5 by the end of the race.

In other words, I feel your pain.

senortout
09-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Is there enough computer late money to make a horse go from 5/2 to 3/5? I'm thinking maybe the legal "conditional betting" money is helping the big drops?

Gheesh, I actually think you've hit the nail where you outta....conditional betting..at first I thought to myself...'nah, if anything that would make it go the other way, but no....its a dastardly thing, conditional wagering. You put your money in and tell the 'puter not to make the bet unless you are getting 5/2 or better....the cut off time for the c. wager is one minute to post I believe...your conditions are met at this time, but of course, your wager and others like yours have not been flushed into the pools yet....Voila!....you have accomplished exactly the opposite of what you'd hoped for!

senortout