PDA

View Full Version : something wrong at sulfolk

lamboguy
09-02-2009, 04:14 PM
the 3rd race an open 12,500 claimer remains on the turf. the 8th race allowance scheduled for the turf comes off! the weather has not changed, of course the
2-5 favorite in the 3rd race happens to be owned by the racing secretary of sulfolk downs. i don't think he wanted to lose that nice spot he found today for his horse. he just so happened to win the race.

macguy
09-02-2009, 11:46 PM
the 3rd race an open 12,500 claimer remains on the turf. the 8th race allowance scheduled for the turf comes off! the weather has not changed, of course the
2-5 favorite in the 3rd race happens to be owned by the racing secretary of sulfolk downs. i don't think he wanted to lose that nice spot he found today for his horse. he just so happened to win the race.

Wow, I am surprised that they would allow a racing official to hold an owners licence.... seems a little close to home to me.

Imriledup
09-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Good stuff about race fixing at Suffolk.

http://www.nysun.com/new-york/greatest-race-fixer-of-them-all/7761/

lamboguy
09-02-2009, 11:54 PM
my guess is that they were told in the morning to take one of the races off the turf. usually they anounce well ahead of time so that the trainers in the race don't have to pre-race their horses if they are going to scratch because the race came off the turf.

a wednesday is usually the best day of the week for sulfolk. one would think that they would go the extra route to keep the alowance race a full field so they could get more handle. in new york when the turf is in question they save the bigger race and take the smaller ones off.

that is the reason i became curious on this one. i had already seen the 3rd race run and figured that there was going to be no problem for the 8th because the weather was georgeous today without possiblity of and rain.

Imriledup
09-02-2009, 11:58 PM
The only time this stuff happens is they run one turf race and the jocks say the course isn't any good and they take the rest off. This might have been a jocks decision to not run the 8th on turf.

lamboguy
09-03-2009, 07:14 AM
The only time this stuff happens is they run one turf race and the jocks say the course isn't any good and they take the rest off. This might have been a jocks decision to not run the 8th on turf.of course that would be an explanation, but the race came off the turf before the day's races even started. maybe the jocks knew ahead of time that the turf course was going to be suitable to ride for the third race and unsuitable for the 8th race ahead of time. i have to start giving these riders more credit.

onefast99
09-03-2009, 09:30 AM
of course that would be an explanation, but the race came off the turf before the day's races even started. maybe the jocks knew ahead of time that the turf course was going to be suitable to ride for the third race and unsuitable for the 8th race ahead of time. i have to start giving these riders more credit.
It sounds as if the racing secretary had a very nice day, who cares about handle anymore or the bettors. In this case an investigation by the racing commish would ease everyone's concerns.

BombsAway Bob
09-03-2009, 11:22 PM

...Good OLD Stuff...
a 4 & 1/2 year old story, about fixing in the Northeast 25-30 years ago..
:faint:

eastie
09-13-2009, 01:32 AM

not just suffolk smarty....mostly in New York where there was actual money in the pools to win.