PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Handle

BillW
05-22-2003, 12:19 AM
What is happening up at Lone Star? Their handle has been down around the HOU level the few times I've checked (tonight around $1.5MM). I'm not allowed to give them my money so I don't follow them that closely. Is Stronach having that much of an impact up there?

Bill

so.cal.fan
05-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Put some money in that pick 4 pool, you guys and gals.
Support lower takeout!

Figman
05-23-2003, 12:52 PM
New York State within the past week has new racing legislation. Prior to last week, wagering on nighttime thoroughbreds after 7:30 p.m. was not allowed. There should be some hefty handle increases at some of the nighttime thoroughbred tracks around the country as New York's nearly 300 off betting branches and 8 account betting operations now or will be soon handling nighttime thoroughbreds. The limitation of just 2 out of state thoroughbred signals during the daytime against the NYRA operating racetrack was also discarded. The NYRA-1 account is now a viable account betting option as the $450 escrow balanace is also a thing of the past!

Zaf
05-23-2003, 08:45 PM
This is great news !!! Usually when I am staying in NY I have to hop across the GWB to The Meadowlands or trek up I-95 to Sports Haven to bet T-Breds.

I'm thrilled now I can just chill at Inside Track on 2nd Avenue and bet T-Breds :D :D :D :D

ZAFONIC