PDA

View Full Version : Christina Olivares

gazuntit
09-01-2009, 07:31 PM
I think TVG Analyst and Reporter Christina Olivares is the "It Fator" on TVG. Really knows her stuff alot and perky as well.

gazuntit
09-01-2009, 09:13 PM
If you guys go to the TVG community site then you might find an interesting chat about Christina. But you guys better check it out right away. Before they take it away as Thursday's guest is Ken Rudolph

andymays
09-01-2009, 09:23 PM
If you guys go to the TVG community site then you might find an interesting chat about Christina. But you guys better check it out right away. Before they take it away as Thursday's guest is Ken Rudolph

I think we had a thread or a poll or something about the TVG community site and the consensus was that it was for "sissies". But it may be ok who knows? ;)

I do like Christina though!

lamboguy
09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
i think christina is more knowledgable than anyone else there.

she asks good questions. this new crew with michelle ewe and calvin borel's wife is pretty weak.

gazuntit
09-01-2009, 10:21 PM
It's Michelle Yu and she's Julien Leparoux's girlfriend. Michelle may know her stuff. But she needs to learn more from Christina Olivares. Agreeing with you on that. She might be even smarter than Jessica Pacheco.

lamboguy
09-01-2009, 10:25 PM
It's Michelle Yu and she's Julien Leparoux's girlfriend. Michelle may know her stuff. But she needs to learn more from Christina Olivares. Agreeing with you on that. She might be even smarter than Jessica Pacheco.her partner is calvin borel's wife

lamboguy
09-01-2009, 10:28 PM
they had a good one in katon bradar, and even if you didn't like jill byrne, she know's her stuff.

calvin borel's wife is her production assistant, they work out of kentucky. she introduced herself to me and told meher husband rides steve asmussen's horse's,

gazuntit
09-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Christina seems fearless in her interviews. Caton and Jill were great. Now they're with HRTV.

PaceAdvantage
09-02-2009, 04:14 AM
Calvin got married? I thought they were still engaged...

lamboguy
09-02-2009, 06:13 AM
Calvin got married? I thought they were still engaged...she is either his wife or girlfriend, i met her in the paddock @the HASKELL. i was looking at horses and not paying much attention to what she was saying.

sarcastic answer
09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
they had a good one in katon bradar, and even if you didn't like jill byrne, she know's her stuff.

calvin borel's wife is her production assistant, they work out of kentucky. she introduced herself to me and told meher husband rides steve asmussen's horse's,

Caton Bredar was terrible, from her days at Gulfstream all she ever said was " a good looking individual" . Christina grew up at the track she knows it all!

Wickel
09-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Christina is definitely knows her stuff puts on great interviews, and she's great looking to boot. But what bugs me about her is her monotone delivery throughout--no voice inflections, no emotion whatsoever. It's almost like listening to a robot.

castaway01
09-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Christina does a nice job---one of the best parts of TVG (faint praise that this may be to some).

onefast99
09-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Caton Bredar was terrible, from her days at Gulfstream all she ever said was " a good looking individual" . Christina grew up at the track she knows it all!
I have to agree here my sarcastic friend Christina is not only easy on the eyes but a knowledgeable race analyst also!

thespaah
09-03-2009, 11:17 PM
I think TVG Analyst and Reporter Christina Olivares is the "It Fator" on TVG. Really knows her stuff alot and perky as well.
She's too perky..She needs work on her interview skills. She has to think like a reporter and not like someone who has been in the business.

rokitman
09-04-2009, 08:17 AM
She's too perky..She needs work on her interview skills. She has to think like a reporter and not like someone who has been in the business.
I curse your eyes.

thespaah
09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I curse your eyes.
I guess we have a difference of opinion.

Imriledup
09-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Does it seem to you that Christina is looking a little 'enhanced' on telvision today?

ManeMediaMogul
09-05-2009, 07:34 AM
What is wrong with perky? Horseracing is a sport.

You don't need to be Walter Cronkite to cover sports...boring.

Christina asks pertinent questions and has a thorough knowledge of the game. She is a Grade 1 winner among some of the Bozos that cover racing.

thespaah
09-05-2009, 08:05 AM
What is wrong with perky? Horseracing is a sport.

You don't need to be Walter Cronkite to cover sports...boring.

Christina asks pertinent questions and has a thorough knowledge of the game. She is a Grade 1 winner among some of the Bozos that cover racing.
When I read the word "perky" I picture a game show contestant.
Pardon me. But because I have some experience in sports broadcasting I am a bit more harsh of a critic of on air/camera talent.
I did not mean to imply that Oliveres was hopeless. I merely stated she was too perky and needed to think more like a reporter. I see it in her questions.
No doubt , given the opportunity ,she will improve.
Bozos? Ahh, you'll get no argument from me on that front.
although I think Kenny Mayne(sp) is a funny guy, his presence on ESPN horse racing telecasts sometimes makes a mockery of the sport.

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2009, 02:49 AM
Does it seem to you that Christina is looking a little 'enhanced' on telvision today?Nope...her neckline was a little lower than normal though....