PDA

View Full Version : How can I watch Yonkers?

Tom-Oh
09-01-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm a New York resident, so as you all know, they put the regulatory restriction on live streaming over the internet. Do any of you know any way I could possibly find a stream to watch it? I mean, I can bet on the races I just can't watch them, what's the fun in that? Any tricks, tips, or info would be appreciated!

Tom

botster
09-01-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm a New York resident, so as you all know, they put the regulatory restriction on live streaming over the internet. Do any of you know any way I could possibly find a stream to watch it? I mean, I can bet on the races I just can't watch them, what's the fun in that? Any tricks, tips, or info would be appreciated!

Tom

Which wagering site do you use Tom?

Sea Biscuit
09-01-2009, 09:26 PM

Tom

Tom: Go to this site

http://horseracing.cbssports.com/cbs/liveracing/

Get yourself registered (Its Free) and then you can watch live racing to many a track. I am sure they carry Yonkers.

Best

Sea Biscuit.

Sea Biscuit
09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
You can also try this site

http://www.yonkersraceway.com/racing_liverace.asp

Sea Biscuit.

Pacingguy
09-01-2009, 10:12 PM

Tom

If you are a NY resident, Yonkers account wagering is handled by TVG. Anyone in NY can open a TVG account via this website http://www.tvgnewyork.com

Tom-Oh
09-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate it. YouBet.com is where I usually play, but I may open an account on TVG so I can play Yonkers, I love it there.

SchagFactorToWin
09-02-2009, 12:17 AM
You'll be able to bet but not watch (from their FAQ):

"Does TVG-Yonkers offer online video and audio streaming?

No. TVG-Yonkers is unable to provide Live Video Streaming to New York Customers. But, we can provide Race Replays that will be available to you very soon after each race is declared official."

Plus, you have to pay to bet- not much, .25 per bet or $19.95 per month (free if you wager over $2500 a month).

Tom-Oh
09-02-2009, 12:19 AM

No. TVG-Yonkers is unable to provide Live Video Streaming to New York Customers. But, we can provide Race Replays that will be available to you very soon after each race is declared official."

Plus, you have to pay to bet- not much, .25 per bet or $19.95 per month (free if you wager over $2500 a month).
I'll stick with YouBet... Free wagering always, and has race replays 10 minutes after the race is finished.

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll never be able to watch Yonkers from my PC, only when I make the trip to OTB.

Sea Biscuit
09-02-2009, 12:34 AM
I'll stick with YouBet... Free wagering always, and has race replays 10 minutes after the race is finished.

The fun in watching race videos is live and not ten minutes after the race is over.

Try and register at CBS sport site and I think you can watch live for free.

Sea Biscuit.

Tom-Oh
09-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah I know, I never bet on Yonkers from my PC because I can't watch it live. I was just adding to his post that said you can get replays, but I can already get that at YouBet.

Pacingguy
09-02-2009, 08:29 AM

Good lord. I realize this is probably some stupid state law but can someone tell me the logic here? After all, we are talking about the official account wagering system for Yonkers. This would be like NJAW not being able to show the Meadowlands live.

SchagFactorToWin
09-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Good lord. I realize this is probably some stupid state law but can someone tell me the logic here? After all, we are talking about the official account wagering system for Yonkers. This would be like NJAW not being able to show the Meadowlands live.

The marketing skills of harness track operators is nonexistent.

OTB and TVG's cable TV show can televise YR live, so it's probably some money deal.

Tom-Oh
09-02-2009, 02:12 PM
The marketing skills of harness track operators is nonexistent.

OTB and TVG's cable TV show can televise YR live, so it's probably some money deal.
Definitely is, it's retarded.. You can wager on it, but not watch it? .. Fishy business here..

titans1127
09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
BetAmerica.com takes New York residents and you can watch Yonkers all you want. You don't even have to make any bets.

Definitely is, it's retarded.. You can wager on it, but not watch it? .. Fishy business here..Its definitely retarted but its NYS rules. If you look at Xpressbet's schedule NYS residents can only bet on NYRA and Finger Lakes but none of the Harness tracks and can't want any of the video of NYS tracks. I'm pretty sure NYRA has some stroke over this rule even existing.