PDA

View Full Version : Thoroughbred Horse stolen

my_nameaintearl
08-31-2009, 08:39 PM
The owner of a thoroughbred says the horse was stolen from her Chester County home, state police at Avondale said.

Jill Potts says Studley, a former race horse owned by Potts, was last seen on Church Road Hill in Landenberg, Chester County.

Studley was reportedly being led away from her property with a rope around his neck on Saturday.

Police are investigating the case as a horse theft.

Potts says Studely is a 6-year-old thoroughbred gelding, 15.3 hands tall, and bay (brown) in color.

His tattoo number on the inside of his lip is Y22701 and he has cracked front hoofs that are very noticeable.

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/08/31/news/doc4a9c0a138717a943236223.txt

Greyfox
08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
I know thats serious and is a rotten thing to happen, but it brings to mind a cowboy who lost his horse:

"A cowboy rode into town and stopped at a saloon for a drink. Unfortunately, the locals always had a habit of picking on strangers, which he was. When he finished his drink, he found his horse had been stolen.

He goes back into the bar, handily flips his gun into the air, catches it above his head without even looking and fires a shot into the ceiling.

"WHICH ONE OF YOU SIDEWINDERS STOLE MY HOSS?" he yelled with surprising forcefulness.

No one answered.

"ALL RIGHT I'M GONNA HAVE ANOTHA BEER, AND IF MY HOSS AIN'T BACK OUTSIDE BY THE TIME I FINISH, I'M GONNA DO WHAT I DUN IN TEXAS! AND I DON'T LIKE TO HAVE TO DO WHAT I DUN IN TEXAS!"

Some of the locals shifted restlessly.

He had another beer, walked outside, and his horse is back! He saddles-up and starts to ride out of town.

The bartender wanders out of the bar and asks, "Say partner, before you go... what did happen in Texas?"

The cowboy turned back and said, "I had to walk home."

JustRalph
09-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Police are investigating the case as a horse theft.

As opposed to what? No shit Sherlock...........

What the hell did they think it was?

Tom Barrister
09-01-2009, 11:25 AM
As opposed to what? No shit Sherlock...........

What the hell did they think it was?

my_nameaintearl is quoting the text of the news article.

It's probably a police classification which presumes that the horse is still alive and that the thief hasn't contacted the owners. It should probably read "livestock theft".

If the thief had contacted the owners (e.g. for ransom or whatever else--- don't joke about it, it happens), it could be reclassified as kidnapping or possibly extortion. If the horse is found dead or injured later, it gets reclassified (or other classifications get added).

Greyfox
09-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Did they check the local horspitals?

cj's dad
09-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Did they check the local horspitals?

Man stop horsin around.

Greyfox
09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Man stop horsin around.

Neigh.

Greyfox
09-01-2009, 12:24 PM
it could be reclassified as kidnapping or.....

Can you kidnap a horse? Here in the west we call it rustling or horse theft.

Tom Barrister
09-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Can you kidnap a horse? Here in the west we call it rustling or horse theft.

I suppose it would technically be classified by some other name than "kidnapping". The general idea is that the police are investigating it as a theft ("rustling" as you say) and not as a slaughter (which would fall under or include different laws) or an attempt to get money out of the owner (ditto).

SoCalCircuit
09-01-2009, 04:21 PM
he mustve been hung like a horse

SoCalCircuit
09-01-2009, 04:22 PM
he mustve been hung like a horse

hahahaha nevermind, I just realized he was gelded :ThmbDown:

CTgeorge
09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Good news, the stolen horse has been found. Abandoned in a field and injured, but apparently will be fine.

http://dailylocal.com/articles/2009/09/09/news/srv0000006341079.txt

lilmegahertz
09-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Thank God he was found. People are so cruel to animals of all shapes and sizes and I dread the thought of an animal crossing paths with the wrong one.

toetoe
09-10-2009, 07:02 PM
See ? You draw more flies with shergar than with $h!t. [ :rolleyes: ]

Indulto
09-10-2009, 07:20 PM
See ? You draw more flies with shergar than with $h!t. [ :rolleyes: ]Today even the entry box draws more flies than horses. :bang:

I'm sorry. Greyfox made me do it. ;)