PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Races Books

bigbrown
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Can anybody recommend any good books about Maiden Races?

Thank you.

cmoore
08-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Can anybody recommend any good books about Maiden Races?

Thank you.

Here's a site filled with information about sires...Breedingwinners.com

For one to succeed betting maidens imo..You have to know the sires.

Print out the top sire lists. Use the race reports if you bet any of those tracks listed..It's totally free.

pandy
08-31-2009, 10:46 PM
On ebay there is for sale All About Maidens (How to play maiden races for big profit) by Dan Pope, and Pro Simulcast Spot Play system, which is very good for maidens. I am selling them.

Dave Schwartz
08-31-2009, 11:00 PM
I searched and found nothing.

CBedo
08-31-2009, 11:34 PM
I think drf has a book on betting maidens and 2 year olds, but I haven't read it, so can't say much about it.

Overlay
09-01-2009, 05:13 AM
I think drf has a book on betting maidens and 2 year olds, but I haven't read it, so can't say much about it.

That would be Betting Maidens & 2-Year-Olds by Dan Illman. Here's a link to a listing for it from the American Turf Monthly website:

http://americanturf.com/scripts/Item.cfm?cat=&itemid=687&itmcnt=2&secid=17&eflag=0&catalogname=WinCommerce

(It's also discussed elsewhere on the web. Just Google the title.)

pandy
09-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Sometimes there's a delay after posting on ebay, it's there now if you search on All About Maidens.

bigbrown
09-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Sometimes there's a delay after posting on ebay, it's there now if you search on All About Maidens.

I found it, thanks. I have also seen that you sell a book called "THE MEEHAN AND SIMMONS METHOD": can you elaborate a little here, what is this method about?

bigbrown
09-01-2009, 11:15 AM
That would be Betting Maidens & 2-Year-Olds by Dan Illman. Here's a link to a listing for it from the American Turf Monthly website:

http://americanturf.com/scripts/Item.cfm?cat=&itemid=687&itmcnt=2&secid=17&eflag=0&catalogname=WinCommerce

(It's also discussed elsewhere on the web. Just Google the title.)

Do the experts here consider this book worth having?

Also, the link above lists a number of books I did not hear about. Any hidden gem in that list?

Thanks!

Tom Barrister
09-01-2009, 12:03 PM
I found it, thanks. I have also seen that you sell a book called "THE MEEHAN AND SIMMONS METHOD": can you elaborate a little here, what is this method about?

This method was allegeldy sold to several people for $1,500 each when it first came out. It's a conditional-step method, with separate conditions for sprints and routes. Essentially (with a few modifications) it asks if any horse qualifies on the condtion(s) of Step 1. If so, that horse is a play. If not, the system then goes through the other steps, one at a time. If no horse qualifies on any of the steps, the method recommends playing the post-time favorite.

I have a rather clunky DOS version of the program (which reads BRIS/TSN files). I lost the instruction manual that came with it. I tried it over a hundred or so race cards. I didn't feel that it did what it was originally hyped to do, but others may have better results.

bigbrown
09-01-2009, 12:05 PM
This method was allegeldy sold to several people for $1,500 each when it first came out. It's a conditional-step method, with separate conditions for sprints and routes. Essentially (with a few modifications) it asks if any horse qualifies on the condtion(s) of Step 1. If so, that horse is a play. If not, the system then goes through the other steps, one at a time. If no horse qualifies on any of the steps, the method recommends playing the post-time favorite.

I have a rather clunky DOS version of the program (which reads BRIS/TSN files). I lost the instruction manual that came with it. I tried it over a hundred or so race cards. I didn't feel that it did what it was originally hyped to do, but others may have better results.

Tom, thanks for your informative description!

pandy
09-01-2009, 11:47 PM
I really don't know much about the Meehan and Simmons method, I haven't tested it. I like to look at various methods to see if I can gleam an idea from them that can be incorporated into my software program, or improved by a tweak or two.

dansan
09-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I have no problem picking horses the but when it come to contsructing my bets thats where I have a hard time can anyone recommend a book on making bets I'm leaving alot of $$$$$$$ on the table sorry i posted on this thread

bigbrown
09-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I have no problem picking horses the but when it come to contsructing my bets thats where I have a hard time can anyone recommend a book on making bets I'm leaving alot of $$$$$$$ on the table sorry i posted on this thread

A decent book about bet construction is: "Money Secrets at the Racetrack" by Barry Meadow.