PDA

View Full Version : Garcia gets days for Vineyard Haven ride

Java Gold@TFT
08-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Alan Garcia got 7 days for the ride on Vineyard Haven in the King's Bishop yesterday. Of course he is appealing so that he can ride the last week of the meet. Personally I think he deserved it. I didn't see an attempt to change the horses course down the stretch when he was whipping left handed. He might have had a tight rein toward the left but he didn't do enough to keep the horse straight. He'll give up the appeal after they go back to Belmont. Par for the course. Choose when you want to do your days.

knine
08-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Alan Garcia got 7 days for the ride on Vineyard Haven in the King's Bishop yesterday. Of course he is appealing so that he can ride the last week of the meet. Personally I think he deserved it. I didn't see an attempt to change the horses course down the stretch when he was whipping left handed. He might have had a tight rein toward the left but he didn't do enough to keep the horse straight. He'll give up the appeal after they go back to Belmont. Par for the course. Choose when you want to do your days.
Do you think he wins without bumping Candy

andymays
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM

He definitely deserves days.

Space Monkey
08-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Yes, I agree that Garcia deserved days. He was hitting him right handed early in the stretch, but when he switched VH took a hard right turn. Then AG hit him left handed again!! Dumb. You could see it on his face when they came back. I don't care about the appeal. Its his right. Same thing happens in baseball.

Knine, Candy was going by him, had all the momentum. No way VH wins without the bumping. Fair result all the way around.

Java Gold@TFT
08-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Honestly, the first two bumps maybe but the last bump he really knocked Candy Man off stride as I thought he was getting by. Saw an interview with Godolphin's main assistant trainer this morning and he had no problem with the DQ. he thought it was deserved. Godolphin was also very happy with their day overall and the way Vineyard Haven ran. He mentioned the Cigar Mile as a possible long term target but wasn't sure where they might go before then.

Hanover1
08-31-2009, 02:39 PM
He did.......

Hanover1
08-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Honestly, the first two bumps maybe but the last bump he really knocked Candy Man off stride as I thought he was getting by. Saw an interview with Godolphin's main assistant trainer this morning and he had no problem with the DQ. he thought it was deserved. Godolphin was also very happy with their day overall and the way Vineyard Haven ran. He mentioned the Cigar Mile as a possible long term target but wasn't sure where they might go before then.
Nice to see a good sport about it...days were a no brainer. Good thing no-one went down, as that was a nasty jump, and horses were near empty tanks at the time. Coulda been ugly.

Tom
08-31-2009, 02:46 PM
He did.......
No he didn't - he bumped him.