PDA

View Full Version : Graveyard of favorites

Tom
08-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Did I hear Calvin Borel right today?
He was on of several jocks in a montage of comments about Saratoga favorites getting beat, and I could have sworn he said "More favorites run at Saratoga than anywhere else.":eek:

Space Monkey
08-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Nobody has ever accused Calvin of being a Rhodes Scholar :lol:

samyn on the green
08-29-2009, 08:45 PM
If he said that today Borel is absolutely right. There were 13 favorites entered today at Saratoga, more than any other track.

Tom
08-29-2009, 09:31 PM
If he said that today Borel is absolutely right. There were 13 favorites entered today at Saratoga, more than any other track.

D'oh! :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
08-29-2009, 11:37 PM
He was on of several jocks in a montage of comments about Saratoga favorites getting beat, and I could have sworn he said "More favorites run at Saratoga than anywhere else.":eek:
I did not know Sar had the shortest fields, making the largest % of favorites that track!!

joanied
08-31-2009, 12:54 PM

Sorry I deleted the races from my TV...I'm not sure that's what he said...but if he did...so waht? Everyone does that sometimes...no big deal and it means didley...I hope this sin't going to be another thread about how intelligent or not Calvin is:ThmbDown:

Tom...did you & your bunny slippers enjoy Travers day:D

joanied
08-31-2009, 12:58 PM

I hope this thread isn't another of one:ThmbDown: about how intelligent or not Calvin is...I saw that interview and don't think that's what he said...regardless, everyone mis speaks now and again...

Tom...hope you & your bunny slippers enjoyed Travers day:D

sammy the sage
08-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Tom only has 1 bunny slipper...it's his FAVORITE :lol:

Watcher
08-31-2009, 03:56 PM
I believe what he meant was more top horses in the country run at the Saratoga meet than any other.

ldiatone
08-31-2009, 05:12 PM
D'oh! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6GuEswXOXo :)

46zilzal
08-31-2009, 05:17 PM
I believe what he meant was more top horses in the country run at the Saratoga meet than any other.

QUOTE: "You have not completed your horse education until you have gone to Saratoga." Lou Cauz, curator of the Canadian Thoroughbred Hall of Fame and author of The Queen's Plate: A Royal Tradition.

WinterTriangle
08-31-2009, 08:09 PM
I hope this thread isn't another of one:ThmbDown: about how intelligent or not Calvin is...I saw that interview and don't think that's what he said...regardless, everyone mis speaks now and again.

Great talent in one area does not always hop to other areas.

Calvin is great at jockeying. If he's not a PR spokesperson, that's fine with me.

DH Lawrence was a brilliant writer, but from reading about him, he was quite a *dolt* in most other areas, and that came out during dinner parties to which he was invited. Unable to really speak on so many topics.

joanied
09-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Indeed, WinterT....
Calvin has a gift from above...his horsemanship...also, IMO, a wonderful personality...he is a very good person...and despite a less than stellar ability in 'public speaking', I think he makes a damned good spokesman for the sport...you know every word comes from his heart...and you can't beat that:ThmbUp:

depalma113
09-01-2009, 11:57 AM

"More favorites got beat here than at any race track in America"

joanied
09-01-2009, 01:48 PM
"More favorites got beat here than at any race track in America"

Thanks, depalma:ThmbUp: ...I found the 'interview' and couldn't wait to post the exact quote...thank you for posting it...

now...all you make fun of Calvin guys should just back off...and be sure you get it right before saying things like "he isn't a Rhodes scholar"

jognlope
09-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Yes but great superfecta 10 centers. The last time I made any money was in about 1999 with Pat Day riding Quick Punch. My friend and I just played $2 WPS and got $66, but it was like a big pay day! She screamed and the teller told her to shut up.