PDA

View Full Version : Now..explain to me the rush to give everything to pletcher

toussaud
08-29-2009, 06:09 PM
guy takes a freaking superstar and finds away to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

jerkins probably told him something he didn't want to hear (evans) and pletcher being the salesman he is sold him on himself training quality road.

a 10F race (first time in career) after a 3 month layoff and a 6 and a half month prep. yep.

I'm sorry I'm just not a fan of the guy

BUD
08-29-2009, 06:22 PM
No No I think you have a valid point my friend. Now I am basically the "New Guy On The Block" and for the longest time my perception was---Its Todd Pletcher---
I thought from what I heard and seen That he was it----It took some time to reprogram that--Where did that come from?? Not my DNA-- TVG HRTV The Daily Racing Form and even Stevie B. Those were my impressionable days...

Now I'm Cynical and hate everybody--Like a good New Yorker..

WinterTriangle
08-29-2009, 06:26 PM
a 10F race (first time in career) after a 3 month layoff and a 6 and a half month prep. yep.

I'm sorry I'm just not a fan of the guy

I'm a fan of QR, but he was a bet against in *this* race, esp. when the track came up sloppy. Of course, I didn't have the winner anyway, I liked Warrior's Reward.

cj
08-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Todd Pletcher has been pretty irrelevant for two years now.

onefast99
08-29-2009, 06:53 PM
In the slop he is a bet against.

CincyHorseplayer
08-29-2009, 07:13 PM
I think wet or dry he was a bet against as soon as he was entered in a mile and a quarter race.2nd off long layoff,foot injury,blistering performance of that layoff,and a 1 sprint prep for an endurance distance.Bet against even if you don't like anybody.

I lost my shucks on Kensei but it was a good bet given the circumstances.Now watch out.Quality Road is probably primed for his best effort,especially if a little shorter.He was obviously missing his finishing gear today.I wonder how fast the race was run.CJ what kind of figure did you give the race??

bisket
08-29-2009, 07:14 PM
pletcher is training him to keep him on the track to win a grade 1 so quality gets some big$$$ as a stallion. he makes most of his $$ from that then winnings. keep that in mind when playing his horses. lots of times his horses are in the derby, travers, classic etc. so the horses name is on everybodies lips. quality win his next one, and runs in the classic and finishes up the track. you heard it here first, and you can hold me to that

rastajenk
08-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Quality Road ... was obviously missing his finishing gear today. I think he was missing his starting gear and whatever gear he uses in the middle of the race, too. He looked like he was not happy with the spot he was in most of the time. In fact, I'm almost surprised he held for third, considering his trip.

bisket
08-29-2009, 07:32 PM
haven't seen the race yet, but just looking at the chart he probably got some mud in his face for the first time.

bisket
08-29-2009, 07:35 PM
this is good; everybody who bets the horse that finshed first in his last race will be off him and you'll probably get 5-2 or 3-1 next out. probably make him worthwhile as a win bet and single in an exotic :ThmbUp: