PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 8/29

nobeyerspls
08-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Chalky - Not too bad last week. We each had a winner, you had a 2nd and a 3rd, and one of my exacta horses won.
Longball - Let me point out that you have yet to post a winning exacta on here. When you get cocky this game will eat you up. One other thing. Your lock of the day paid seven bucks, about twice your normal return, and my under-the-radar 5-1 morning line pick won by a pole and paid a lousy $7.20. My winners are supposed to pay twenty bucks more than yours, not twenty cents.
Chalky- Hey, you're not the only guy who can read a Form. Just for that, I'll give you some short-priced winners. Quality Road will romp in the Travers at under 2-1. In the 3rd at Saratoga, Eagle Strike(5/2) will win for Frankel and in Woodbine's 3rd, Resentless (5/2) will break her maiden as the favorite. She's worked well since her decent opener and the extra gound is right up her alley. Happy now?
Longball - That sounds more like you. I'll go with some bombers in order to stay in character. Freudian Fetish (20-1) wins the opener at Woodbine. She's a 2nd lifetime start stretching out with first time lasix. Copola(20-1) can win the 5th race there but I'm hoping that it stays on the grass. With Mt. Livermore on the dam's side she should like the change in surface. Lastly, Handy Harold(12-1) can be boxed with the favorite in Woodbine's 7th. He might have won his last without some severe traffic problems and the switch to Jimmy Mac won't hurt.
Chalky - I love it. You pick a horse named Freudian Fetish. You have had your longshot fetish for so long that you could use a psychiatrist.
Longball - One caveat before closing. After winning for two weeks in a row, those considering our picks this week may want to cross them off.
Chalky - Amen to that.