PDA

View Full Version : raining at the spa

larman
08-29-2009, 06:33 AM
The rain has been falling since late last night,mudders today!

Java Gold@TFT
08-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Posted by NYRA at 7:09 AM:

Track Sloppy
Turf Soft

Off the turf races 1,5,13

Looks like rain on and off all day

Grits
08-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Thank you guys for the early notes. Not sure I want to do 13 of these. A fine card of racing, this is a shame.

JustRalph
08-29-2009, 08:41 AM
http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/RadarLoop/usa_None_anim.gif

DJofSD
08-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Where's polytrack when you really need it.

ryesteve
08-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Where's polytrack when you really need it.Yeah, water doesn't affect it at all. I guess that's what they told them at Santa Anita when they were laying it down...

DJofSD
08-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, water doesn't affect it at all. I guess that's what they told them at Santa Anita when they were laying it down...
Ya, just like the other lie -- it will eliminate all injuires and it is safe to train over. Right.

andymays
08-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Mud is good! See the mud! Embrace the mud! Love the mud!

I would assume the surface is sealed????

Tomlinson ratings aside how about some mud breeding angles in the late pick 4?

Tom
08-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Mud is good! See the mud! Embrace the mud! Love the mud!

I would assume the surface is sealed????

Tomlinson ratings aside how about some mud breeding angles in the late pick 4?

Well I will tell you, the track might be sealed but the parking lot by the training track isn't!
I sunk to my ankles last week and had to sit on my hood to get my shoes off and drive home barefoot. It was OK until I stopped for dinner.:D

DJofSD
08-29-2009, 11:07 AM
What's that you say? No drive through at BK?

Valuist
08-29-2009, 11:08 AM
What are the odds the 6th will stay on the grass? Its a high quality allowance race but it is still that; why not just take it off the turf and eliminate possible shenanigans after the P3 has started?

Valuist
08-29-2009, 11:17 AM
They must've read my suggestion in the post above. While the 6th is still showing on the turf at the NYRA site, the large number of scratches that just came in leads me to believe the 6th is off the grass.

Spendabuck85
08-29-2009, 11:22 AM
6th is now listed as off the turf.

Valuist
08-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Ok now that the 6th is officially off the grass, how long will it take the 4th to get taken off? Yeah its a stake, but its a who-cares 80K stake. I predict the only race that stays on the lawn will be the Ballston Spa.

jognlope
08-29-2009, 12:11 PM
I went in the rain to bet on 7th race, argentine horse ridden by Edgar, walked home in the rain, a cold, soaking rain, Edgar!!

Java Gold@TFT
08-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Ok now that the 6th is officially off the grass, how long will it take the 4th to get taken off? Yeah its a stake, but its a who-cares 80K stake. I predict the only race that stays on the lawn will be the Ballston Spa.
4th was a stakes on the inner turf and the Balston Spa is on the Mellon course. One race run on each course for the day. Doesn't get them too chopped up and they'll take them all off tomorrow to help heal the wounds.

joanied
08-29-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm watching the 5th...off turf...crap...the track looks like mud soup:mad: ...my concern is how does this effect the big three today...will Baffert scratch Indian Blessing? (OHJOY....Durkin is calling...he IS back, and sounds great:ThmbUp: )...what about the King's Bishop...without looking it up, does Big Drama like an off track?
What about the Travers, guys...will the surface effect the big 3 in there...QR, Kensei, Summer Bird?

This sucks...glad Rachel isn't running there today.

Tom's post:
"Well I will tell you, the track might be sealed but the parking lot by the training track isn't!
I sunk to my ankles last week and had to sit on my hood to get my shoes off and drive home barefoot. It was OK until I stopped for dinner.:D"

Hey Tom...be sure to take an extra pair of shoes today :D ...wanna borrow my irrigating boots;)

Tom
08-29-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm sitting in front of my TV with my big bunny slippers on today!