PDA

View Full Version : Glenn and me

mostpost
08-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Blame this thread on Tom. Elsewhere he challenged me to watch Glenn Beck for a week and join the ranks of the enlightened'.
Day One; Thursday August 27, 2009.
The subject was Obama's desire to form a Civilian Security Force and turn us into a police state. Beck used a clip from an Obama speech in June of 2009.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s
Never mind that the subject of that speech was volunteerism was the subject of that speech and the force Obama was referring to was the power of people helping each other. My opinion? perhaps, but one shared by that
famously liberal" organization The American Thinker.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/07/obamas_civilian_national_secur.htmlexcerpt:
Barack Obama's recent words to promote his image as Community Organizer in Chief were not about forming a paramilitary force of volunteer brown shirts. They were about turning America into one, giant, community organizer's sandbox at enormous cost to taxpayers.
and:
The entire plan is breathtaking in its scope. But it does not, as at least one internet writer has suggested, portend a "giant police force." It would be easier to rebut if it did. As it is, it's silly stuff born of naively fanciful dreams.
From Factcheck.org.
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_obama_planning_a_gestapo-like_civilian_national.html

Here is the AARP story on that June 2009 speech which gets the facts and the Context correct:
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_obama_planning_a_gestapo-like_civilian_national.html

mostpost
08-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Quick thoughts on Beck. He has a phoney sincerity that is really cloying. Most of his guests are far right wing, like Heritage Foundation shills and Michelle Malkin. One guest was Pat Caddell, who was billed as a member of the Carter Administration, but whom I characterized as a "Vichy" liberal.

Tom, I don't know if I can do this for a whole week. I thought I was brave, but............. :bang:

HUSKER55
08-27-2009, 11:30 PM
did you catch the part about the "death czar" having access to tax records to see who gets medicare?

mostpost
08-27-2009, 11:42 PM
http://bulletin.aarp.org/states/il/articles/obama_outlines_plan_for_national_service.html
Here is the correct link to the AARP story in post #1

JustRalph
08-28-2009, 01:40 AM
did you catch the part about the "death czar" having access to tax records to see who gets medicare?

amazing how he missed that part..........he was in another room.......getting a beer maybe..........

mostpost
08-28-2009, 02:52 AM
amazing how he missed that part..........he was in another room.......getting a beer maybe..........
Yeah, I did miss that one. I guy can only absorb so much nonsense in one hour. No one will be denied Medicare and anyone who says so is a liar

Tom
08-28-2009, 07:31 AM
I like the part - maybe in the senate version? - about "ability to pay at time of service" which you can draw you own conclusions, but if you read the philosophy of his health advisers - you have a good idea.

Keep trying MP, you might get it some day.

Secretariat
08-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Mostpost,

Congrats. I don't know how you can stomach to watch that crap. When it comes to Beck, only feeble minds want to know.

Tom
08-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Sec, is your immunity to facts hereditary or were you vaccinated?

GaryG
08-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Good to see you back sec.....as whiny as ever. :lol: :lol:

prospector
08-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Blame this thread on Tom. Elsewhere he challenged me to watch Glenn Beck for a week and join the ranks of the enlightened'.
The subject was Obama's desire to form a Civilian Security Force and turn us into a police state. Beck used a clip from an Obama speech in June of 2009.
Never mind that the subject of that speech was volunteerism was the subject of that speech and the force Obama was referring to was the power of people helping each other. My opinion? perhaps, but one shared by that
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/07/obamas_civilian_national_secur.htmlexcerpt:
Barack Obama's recent words to promote his image as Community Organizer in Chief were not about forming a paramilitary force of volunteer brown shirts. They were about turning America into one, giant, community organizer's sandbox at enormous cost to taxpayers.
and:
The entire plan is breathtaking in its scope. But it does not, as at least one internet writer has suggested, portend a "giant police force." It would be easier to rebut if it did. As it is, it's silly stuff born of naively fanciful dreams.
From Factcheck.org.

Here is the AARP story on that June 2009 speech which gets the facts and the Context correct:
did you watch with your eyes wide open...or were you slanting them left?

exactaplayer
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Most,
You deserve a medal of honor. Any one who can put up with this bs for more then an hour deserves one.

Tom
08-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Still, not one single critic has addressed one single point Glen has made.
Obviously, libs cannot separate message from messenger.

Shallow minds are Obama's playground.

lsbets
08-28-2009, 10:29 AM

They never do Tom. Here are their standard retorts:

Glenn Beck is crazy.
Rush is fat.
Rush is a drug addict.
Rush dropped out of college.
Hannity is annoying.
O'Reilly shouts.

These guys do a great job making their case! :lol: :lol:

ArlJim78
08-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Quick thoughts on Beck. He has a phoney sincerity that is really cloying. Most of his guests are far right wing, like Heritage Foundation shills and Michelle Malkin. One guest was Pat Caddell, who was billed as a member of the Carter Administration, but whom I characterized as a "Vichy" liberal.

Tom, I don't know if I can do this for a whole week. I thought I was brave, but............. :bang:
I take it you're not much into listening to intelligent articulate guests then.
Caddell is a guy who speaks his mind, you can't hang a party label on the guy. He's a little kooky but very much in tune with things. I always pay attention to what he has to say.

mostpost
08-28-2009, 11:31 AM

OK explain to me, in small words and short sentences, so even a dumb liberal can understand; what, in my initial post is not about adressing Beck's main point (Obama wants to form a Civilian defense force). A point which I prove wrong using several sources including a conservative source. :confused:

NJ Stinks
08-28-2009, 11:43 AM
OK explain to me, in small words and short sentences, so even a dumb liberal can understand; what, in my initial post is not about adressing Beck's main point (Obama wants to form a Civilian defense force). A point which I prove wrong using several sources including a conservative source. :confused:

Mostpost, are you saying Tom ignores what's in plain sight to suit his agenda? I'm shocked! Shocked! Roundup the usual suspects.

:lol: :lol:

Tom
08-28-2009, 12:00 PM
You still trying to dumb down this place?
Is there really a need to keep you here?

toetoe
08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Please comment on Obama's campaign edict that we would not be able to count on the government to police/secure (I forget the exact verb) our nation; that it would take a vast civilian force.

Please don't fall back on the Peace Corps comparison. That's like comparing G-8 riots to "peaceable assembly."

mostpost
08-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Mostpost, are you saying Tom ignores what's in plain sight to suit his agenda? I'm shocked! Shocked! Roundup the usual suspects.

:lol: :lol:
Yes, as is proven by his post following yours. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lsbets
08-28-2009, 01:14 PM
After posting that Kennedy really did not do anything that wrong at Chappaquidick, how can anyone take anything mostpost writes seriously? The guy is a perpetual apologist for the left.

Show Me the Wire
08-28-2009, 01:31 PM
After posting that Kennedy really did not do anything that wrong at Chappaquidick, how can anyone take anything mostpost writes seriously? The guy is a perpetual apologist for the left.

I am holding my breath, in anticipation of mostposts' defense about the late Senator's incredible insensitivity and lack of compassion regarding, the death of a young living human being, illustrated by the late Senator's penchant for Chappaquidick jokes.

boxcar
08-28-2009, 01:37 PM
I am holding my breath, in anticipation of mostposts' defense about the late Senator's incredible insensitivity and lack of compassion regarding, the death of a young living human being, illustrated by the late Senator's penchant for Chappaquidick jokes.

He was insensitive about that incident only when he was inebriated. (Oh...I nearly forgot: That was virtually all the time, wasn't it?)

Boxcar

ddog
08-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Medicare and Medicaid need to be denied as in scaled way back.

They are not viable programs, never were.

They were passed on a fraudulent(i would say CRIMINAL ) basis and NEVER were meant to pay their way.

Their goal was to hook you into a gvt run program to buy votes and that is EXACTLY,EXACTLY,EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE DONE!

How any person of a even passing reason can fail to see this is extraordinary to me, but I guess Beck can educate some on this someday.

How any so called conservative can be for these things and actually complain that they need to be increased as did the criminal Bush is beyond sanity.

Are you all so stoned on the cheap pills you can't see what they have done?

:ThmbDown:

Tom
08-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Reading some of the posts here is a lot like drinking champaign out of a Dixie Cup.

ddog
08-28-2009, 01:42 PM

As would others wait for the crass political usuage without a shred of thought for the family/friends of the girl from the cheap pugs.

Not without their ted-c-dick jokes as well.

It takes two to tango both in and out of the car.

ddog
08-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Reading some of the posts here is a lot like drinking champaign out of a Dixie Cup.

it's surprising some can drink much less read.

is that via a tube?

boxcar
08-28-2009, 01:49 PM
and:
From Factcheck.org.

All this supposed defense is pretty lame. BO clearly stated that he wants a National Civilian Security Force that would be just as strong as our military, just as powerful, just as well funded. What does our military have to do the Peace Corps? :bang: :bang: He was comparing this force to our Military! Why?

So, what that it would probably consist of "volunteers"? So does our military which is the finest and deadliest in the world! :bang: :bang:

Now...let me give you a clue as to why he wants to do this: He knows that it's very unlikely that the U.S. military would kill American citizens. But...a force of Marxist-oriented brown shirts? That would be an entirely different story. They would kill his political dissenters in a heart beat.

Boxcar

Show Me the Wire
08-28-2009, 01:57 PM
As would others wait for the crass political usuage without a shred of thought for the family/friends of the girl from the cheap pugs.

Not without their ted-c-dick jokes as well.

It takes two to tango both in and out of the car.

I agree if the young woman was not in the car with him it would not have happened. But let us not cast dispersions. I personally don't know why she was with him. Maybe it was innocent, just needing a ride home and or something more lurid.

You may have noticed I have not made any reference to the late Senator's actions about having her in the car, and only limited my discussion to the lack of responsibility he demonstrated after the accident and the subsequent misuse of power.

Also, it is much more vulgar for the actual participant in a fatal event to make light of it, than people who have no connection, in any manner to the death and banter in dark humor.

More to the point, my above-mentioned post responds to mostpost's statement that the late Senator took responsibility for his affirmative acts resulting in the death of another living being. it was not to address the moralaity late Senator's womanizing and the culpability of the participants.

Are you implying Mary Jo got what she deserved? Are you saying she deserved to die, because she trusted the late Senator and her put her faith and fate in his hands?

Show Me the Wire
08-28-2009, 02:05 PM
All this supposed defense is pretty lame. BO clearly stated that he wants a National Civilian Security Force that would be just as strong as our military, just as powerful, just as well funded. What does our military have to do the Peace Corps? :bang: :bang: He was comparing this force to our Military! Why?

So, what that it would probably consist of "volunteers"? So does our military which is the finest and deadliest in the world! :bang: :bang:

Now...let me give you a clue as to why he wants to do this: He knows that it's very unlikely that the U.S. military would kill American citizens. But...a force of Marxist-oriented brown shirts? That would be an entirely different story. They would kill his political dissenters in a heart beat.

Boxcar

Exactly, he needs the brain washed to perpetrate violence against U.S. citizens, because the military won't.

Great post :ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
08-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Exactly, he needs the brain washed to perpetrate violence against U.S. citizens, because the military won't.

Great post :ThmbUp:

Has the sky fallen yet, Show Me the Wire? :rolleyes:

I know I was frustrated in the Bush years but I can't remember thinking it was the end of the world as we know it.

Show Me the Wire
08-28-2009, 03:09 PM
No NJ Stinks. I attribute that fact to those nice Blue Dog Democrats.

boxcar
08-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Has the sky fallen yet, Show Me the Wire? :rolleyes:

I know I was frustrated in the Bush years but I can't remember thinking it was the end of the world as we know it.

Three things: It's not quite yet. Secondly, if it was it'll be too late for any of us to do anything. And three: You need to pay attention. Focus better. Get up to speed. Learn how to read the signs of the times. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
08-28-2009, 03:44 PM
And stop drinking this!

Show Me the Wire
08-28-2009, 03:46 PM
NJ Stinks:

Doesn't it give you pause, when you hear an Obama advisor state there is no Right to bear children (have a family) in the Constitution. Wouldn't the U.S. government limiting reproductive rights be the end of the world as we know it type of event? In other words the sky is falling, isn't it?

Isn't it astounding that this advisor is unknowingly advocating for Roe v. Wade to be overturned, because in reality the Constitution's Right to Privacy does not include your body?

BTW let's also disregard the Bill Of Rights and the individual's right to pursue life, liberty, and happiness. As an aside, notice it states the right to pursue life, not death.

Based on the above questions, how couldn't the world we now know end?

Or is your remark meant to mean the literal physical end of the world? Obama may have something to do with this too.

Tom
08-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Top HC adviser to Obama - check out his ideas.
The last name sound familiar to anyone?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082709/content/01125113.guest.html

http://www.examiner.com/x-9452-DC-Catholic-Living-Examiner~y2009m8d12-Dr-Ezekiel-Emanuel-Obamas-top-health-care-advisor-advocates-denying-care-to-elderly-and-disabled (http://www.examiner.com/x-9452-DC-Catholic-Living-Examiner%7Ey2009m8d12-Dr-Ezekiel-Emanuel-Obamas-top-health-care-advisor-advocates-denying-care-to-elderly-and-disabled)

We recommend an alternative system--the complete lives system--which prioritises younger people who have not yet live a complete life and also incorporates prognosis, save the most lives, lottery, and instrumental value principles.

In a separate 1996 article for the Hastings Center Report, Emanuel spoke about rationing care away from those "who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens" to the non-disabled, adding "An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia."

Unlike allocation by sex or race, allocation by age is not invidious discrimination; every person lives through different states rather than being a single age. Even if 25-year-olds receive priority over 65-year-olds, everyone who is 65 years now was previously 25 years.

Death panels?
Sara was pretty much right on....oh wait, Glen is a nut, never mind. :lol:

Show Me the Wire
08-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Tom it is actually a blessing to have NJ Stinks and mostpost. Both of them provide so many teachable moments.

riskman
08-28-2009, 04:03 PM

Glenn Beck is crazy.
Rush is fat.
Rush is a drug addict.
Hannity is annoying.
O'Reilly shouts.

All of the above are true--but we should not be distracted by these traits and should concentrate on the originality and investigative reporting that these entertainers bring into our homes. These characters are better than Saturday Night Live. I guess these guys don't like the news, so they go out and make some. They should not to let their minds wander… It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

boxcar
08-28-2009, 05:00 PM
All of the above are true--but we should not be distracted by these traits and should concentrate on the originality and investigative reporting that these entertainers bring into our homes. These characters are better than Saturday Night Live. I guess these guys don't like the news, so they go out and make some. They should not to let their minds wander… It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

Well...you have it half right. "These guys don't like" what passes for news by the state-controlled MSM. Try getting it right next time, will ya? Otherwise, you're going to raise serious doubts about the condition of your own attic, and whether or not it should be condemned for masquerading as a mind.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
08-28-2009, 05:20 PM
NJ Stinks:

Doesn't it give you pause, when you hear an Obama advisor state there is no Right to bear children (have a family) in the Constitution. Wouldn't the U.S. government limiting reproductive rights be the end of the world as we know it type of event? In other words the sky is falling, isn't it?

Unless this Obama "advisor" takes over the presidency and Congress, I will not be pausing any time soon.

boxcar
08-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Unless this Obama "advisor" takes over the presidency and Congress, I will not be pausing any time soon.

Pssst....here's another clue fer ya: Dems zarrs, dey don't answer to any stinkin' congress. They only answer to da man in da office. And dis furder means dat da prez can delegate as much power as he wants to dem dere zarrs.

Boxcar
P.S. Puhleeze forgiv my spellin' but i had to come down to ur level in order for you to have a half a shot at understandin' me. Tanks for understandin'.

Show Me the Wire
08-28-2009, 06:05 PM

Maybe you do not understand the role of presidential advisors and the use of presidential czars and their influence and /or ability to effect policy change.

BTW obama is not that inept that he would appoint advisors and czars that do not share his viewpoint on the policies these advisors are advising about. They are there precisely for the reason they butress Obama's views.

In fact, they have taken over the presidency and are working on Congress. As I said our hope is with the Blue Dogs.

boxcar
08-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Maybe you do not understand the role of presidential advisors and the use of presidential czars and their influence and /or ability to effect policy change.

BTW obama is not that inept that he would appoint advisors and czars that do not share his viewpoint on the policies these advisors are advising about. They are there precisely for the reason they butress Obama's views.

In fact, they have taken over the presidency and are working on Congress. As I said our hope is with the Blue Dogs.

And...congress never gets to work on these czars because they are immune to senate confirmation proceedings, unlike most cabinet members. They're also immune to congressional oversight.

Boxcar

Show Me the Wire
08-28-2009, 06:20 PM
BTW NJ Stinks:

You never answered my questions about the U.S. government limiting reproductive rights. You conveniently left out the most important part of my post, the part which answered your question directly.

Now do me the courtesy and answer my questions, in an intelligent manner, directly. I repeat: Wouldn't the U.S. government limiting reproductive rights be the end of the world as we know it type of event? In other words the sky is falling, isn't it?

and

Isn't it astounding that this advisor is unknowingly advocating for Roe v. Wade to be overturned, because in reality the Constitution's Right to Privacy does not include your body?

It is time for substance not flippant one liners. Are you stepping-up or not?

NJ Stinks
08-28-2009, 07:54 PM
BTW NJ Stinks:

You never answered my questions about the U.S. government limiting reproductive rights. You conveniently left out the most important part of my post, the part which answered your question directly.

Now do me the courtesy and answer my questions, in an intelligent manner, directly. I repeat: Wouldn't the U.S. government limiting reproductive rights be the end of the world as we know it type of event? In other words the sky is falling, isn't it?

and

It is time for substance not flippant one liners. Are you stepping-up or not?

Stepping up to plate #9....NJ Stinks!! :p

It would not be the end of my world since we were never lucky enough to have any kids. However, I am not an advocate for limiting the # of kids somebody else has. Having said that, I must say I do try to take vacations when kids are in school! :cool:

And no I'm not astounded. Surprised maybe but that's about all I can muster at the moment.

boxcar
08-28-2009, 08:08 PM

It would not be the end of my world since we were never lucky enough to have any kids. However, I am not an advocate for limiting the # of kids somebody else has. Having said that, I must say I do try to take vacations when kids are in school! :cool:

And no I'm not astounded. Surprised maybe but that's about all I can muster at the moment.

Which all translates into: NJ doesn't give a good flip. After all, it doesn't affect him directly one way or the other and he has a high tolerance for totalitarian-type policies, anyway. Bottom line: He's really a good drone.

Boxcar

Show Me the Wire
08-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Which all translates into: NJ doesn't give a good flip. After all, it doesn't affect him directly one way or the other and he has a high tolerance for totalitarian-type policies, anyway. Bottom line: He's really a good drone.

Boxcar

That is not fair, boxcar. He said he would not advocate limiting reproductive rights.

Let us ecncourage discourse, not discourage.

Thanks for the answer NJ Stinks.

boxcar
08-28-2009, 08:43 PM
That is not fair, boxcar. He said he would not advocate limiting reproductive rights.

Let us ecncourage discourse, not discourage.

Thanks for the answer NJ Stinks.

I already had my limit of discourse today. The chimp at the zoo answered your questions more intelligently than NJ did. At the point, I decided to quit while I was ahead.

Boxcar

JustRalph
08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I did miss that one. I guy can only absorb so much nonsense in one hour. No one will be denied Medicare and anyone who says so is a liar

and what part of the above reply has to do with Obama and his Med Force being able to snoop through my taxes and hand them out to anybody they think deserves a look?

Show Me the Wire
08-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Yes, I agree NJ Stinks side-stepped by personalizing his answer to his particular situation and not to society as a whole.

Of course, the world, as we and NJ Stinks know it now would end. The U.S. would be the same as Communist China regarding limiting reproductive rights. That in it itself would be a sky is falling moment.

I am glad to learn that NJ Stinks does not advocate limitations on reproductive rights. I hope his position includes actual rejection of such policies also.

Our individual rights are precious, and so is our Union.

cj's dad
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM

From your posts I would say thats a ......... never mind ..... would come out as in bad taste !!

boxcar
08-28-2009, 11:13 PM
From your posts I would say thats a ......... never mind ..... would come out as in bad taste !!

Funny how these libs will feign such heartbreaking compassion over societal issues like health care, but when it comes to an issue like the state wanting to snatch a fundamental individual liberty away us, they can flippantly make light of something like that. Big Gov simply can't do anything bad in their eyes.

Boxcar

HUSKER55
08-28-2009, 11:17 PM
jUST CURIOUS, has anybody seen, read or heard anything out of DC that looks like it might work.

Why are the obvious solutions ignored?

Why are senators, (from both sides of the aisle), voting on bills they have not read or deciphered?

You bitch about socialism but a blind democracy does not make me feel secure either.

I still say shoot the bastards and start over.

boxcar
08-28-2009, 11:26 PM
jUST CURIOUS, has anybody seen, read or heard anything out of DC that looks like it might work.

Why are the obvious solutions ignored?

Why are senators, (from both sides of the aisle), voting on bills they have not read or deciphered?

You bitch about socialism but a blind democracy does not make me feel secure either.

I still say shoot the bastards and start over.

It's the arrogant, socialist politicians who don't read bills. Just goes to show they're not very interested in the ramifications of the stuff they pass because it only affects us plebes.

Boxcar

dav4463
08-29-2009, 12:29 AM

Glenn Beck is crazy.
Rush is fat.
Rush is a drug addict.
Hannity is annoying.
O'Reilly shouts.

In reverse, why do you like Obama?

He is a good speaker
He's good looking and young.
He knows how to work a crowd.
Hope and Change is what we need.
He's cool.
He plays basketball.
He goes on Leno.

Fluff over substance as always.

cj's dad
08-29-2009, 10:25 AM
In reverse, why do you like Obama?

He is a good speaker
He's good looking and young.
He knows how to work a crowd.
Hope and Change is what we need.
He's cool.
He plays basketball.
He goes on Leno.

Fluff over substance as always.

He is a good speaker -Agreed, although he says nothing of substance
He's good looking not and young. agreed
He knows how to work a crowd. yes, those that are hand picked
Hope and Change is what we need. to a degree
He's cool. Actually, he's the ultimate nerd
He plays basketball. Terribly
He goes on Leno. So did Clinton and he was impeached

boxcar
08-29-2009, 10:46 AM
He goes on Leno. So did Clinton and he was impeached

:lol: :lol: :lol: Let's hope that is an omen, too, for BO.

Boxcar

Bochall
08-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Just checking to see if ya'll were still butt hurt and bitching about Obama.....you are.

mostpost
08-29-2009, 11:01 AM
That isn't what I posted at all. Try reading it again. The issue was did he take resposibility. I posted his televised statement in which he did take responsibility. Were his actions following the accident wrong. Yes. Could here have been a reason. Doctors said Kennedy suffered a concussion. Go to WebMD., enter "concussion", read up on the symptoms. They include confusion, loss of memory, extreme drowsiness among others. Kennedy, in his statement, refused to use this as an excuse for his actions.
I maintain his punishment was the same as would have been given to any person of good standing in the community, with no prior record.

The guy is a perpetual apologist for the left.
The guy doesn't need to apologize for the left. The one's who should be apolgizing are the one's who have been supporting the idiotic policies of the ne0-cons

senortout
08-29-2009, 11:01 AM

Tom, politicians 'champaign'....

you, otoh, champagne too much

senortout

boxcar
08-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Just checking to see if ya'll were still butt hurt and bitching about Obama.....you are.

Well...you can count me out! Now what I just said above is Hope and Change I could really get behind. Don't tell me you can't. :eek: :eek:

Boxcar

Tom
08-29-2009, 11:13 AM

Health czar connected to the job czar,
Job czar connected to the green czar,
Green czar connected to the 'net czar,
'net czar connected to diversity czar,
Diversity czar connected to the service czar,
And they all connected to the white house.

mostpost
08-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Top HC adviser to Obama - check out his ideas.
The last name sound familiar to anyone?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082709/content/01125113.guest.html

http://www.examiner.com/x-9452-DC-Catholic-Living-Examiner~y2009m8d12-Dr-Ezekiel-Emanuel-Obamas-top-health-care-advisor-advocates-denying-care-to-elderly-and-disabled (http://www.examiner.com/x-9452-DC-Catholic-Living-Examiner%7Ey2009m8d12-Dr-Ezekiel-Emanuel-Obamas-top-health-care-advisor-advocates-denying-care-to-elderly-and-disabled)

Death panels?
Sara was pretty much right on....oh wait, Glen is a nut, never mind. :lol:
Rush Limbaugh quoting Betsy McCaughy. Bizarre! The next time you meet Betsy introduce her to the truth. She's never met it. The following is from Time via Yahoo News.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090812/us_time/08599191583500

Some pertinent excerpts:
The attacks on Emanuel are a reminder that there is a narrow slice of Americans who not only don't trust government, but also have come to regard it as a dark conspirator in their lives. This peculiar brand of distrust helps create the conditions for fast-moving fear-mongering, especially on complex and emotionally charged topics like the life and death of the elderly and infirm
How true. Fearmongering and misinformation are replete on the right. THAT IS HOW THEY CONTROL YOU.
But in a country where trust is in short supply, Emanuel has become a proxy for all the worst fears of government efforts to rein in costs by denying care
It's so much better to have a real person to vilify, even if falsely.
In her Post article, McCaughey paints the worst possible image of Emanuel, quoting him, for instance, endorsing age discrimination for health-care distribution, without mentioning that he was only addressing extreme cases like organ donation, where there is an absolute scarcity of resources. She quotes him discussing the denial of care for people with dementia without revealing that Emanuel only mentioned dementia in a discussion of theoretical approaches, not an endorsement of a particular policy. She notes that he has criticized medical culture for trying to do everything for a patient, "regardless of the cost or effects on others," without making clear that he was not speaking of lifesaving care but of treatments with little demonstrated value
Why put quotes in context, when taking them out of context can advance your agenda so much better.

mostpost
08-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Tom it is actually a blessing to have NJ Stinks and mostpost. Both of them provide so many teachable moments.
Indeed we do. Unfortunately you seem incapable of learnng. ;)

boxcar
08-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Rush Limbaugh quoting Betsy McCaughy. Bizarre! The next time you meet Betsy introduce her to the truth. She's never met it. The following is from Time via Yahoo News.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090812/us_time/08599191583500

Some pertinent excerpts:

How true. Fearmongering and misinformation are replete on the right. THAT IS HOW THEY CONTROL YOU.

It's so much better to have a real person to vilify, even if falsely.

Why put quotes in context, when taking them out of context can advance your agenda so much better.

Yeah....and just WHO gets to decide what treatments have "little demonstrated value"? Who gets to make those kinds of decisions?

Boxcar

boxcar
08-29-2009, 11:55 AM

Yeah...who are the bona fide experts at this strategy? People like you who constantly ignore contexts like you did with the National Security Civilian Force.

And you're one to talk about fear-mongering. What in the world has the left been doing for years now with this man-made global warming nonsense? They're trying to frighten everyone to death that the planet is going to self-destruct VERY SHORTLY if WE don't "save" it! And no socialist, tax-to-death and spend-like-there's no-tomorrow agendas here, right? :bang: :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Tom
08-29-2009, 12:48 PM
We need a new forum here - Dead Letter Office.

mostpost
08-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah...who are the bona fide experts at this strategy? People like you who constantly ignore contexts like you did with the National Security Civilian Force.

And you're one to talk about fear-mongering. What in the world has the left been doing for years now with this man-made global warming nonsense? They're trying to frighten everyone to death that the planet is going to self-destruct VERY SHORTLY if WE don't "save" it! And no socialist, tax-to-death and spend-like-there's no-tomorrow agendas here, right? :bang: :bang: :bang:

Boxcar
Climate change: A scientifically established fact.

mostpost
08-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah....and just WHO gets to decide what treatments have "little demonstrated value"? Who gets to make those kinds of decisions?

Boxcar
You and your doctor. NOTHING in any of Obama's plans changes that.

jballscalls
08-29-2009, 01:14 PM

don't you think though, if he could pass it, Obama would want Single Payer?

boxcar
08-29-2009, 01:17 PM

Then why is the government even discussing this highly PERSONAL issue? Why is it even a glean in the government's eye?

Boxcar

boxcar
08-29-2009, 01:18 PM
don't you think though, if he could pass it, Obama would want Single Payer?

BINGO! You, sir, get to move to the head of the line today! :jump: :jump: :jump:

Boxcar

lsbets
08-29-2009, 01:27 PM
So mostpost, was part of his taking responsibility his telling and enjoying hearing jokes about the incident?

Man you are out there.

Greyfox
08-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Climate change: A scientifically established fact.

True climate change is an established fact..but global warming isn't a scientifically established fact. That's what Boxcar mentioned.

rastajenk
08-29-2009, 02:51 PM
And man-made climate change infers that man can make changes to keep climates from changing too, to preserve a status quo. And that's total BS, not scientifically established.

Warren Henry
08-29-2009, 04:02 PM
True climate change is an established fact..but global warming isn't a scientifically established fact. That's what Boxcar mentioned.
While it is obvious that the climate is changing (always has, always will), the myth that man has a huge part in influencing that change is not an established fact. And, IMHO, never was, never will be.

mostpost
08-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Excuse me while I gouge out my eyes. I wish I had a dollsr for every time Beck waves his arms, leans forward to whisper conspiratorially in the camera, cries about being malinged and smirks.
Friday he talked about what 'we" could do to fix things. At least that was what the show was hyped as . In realiry it was a rehash of the week.
He called Van Jones a communist...again. Van Jones renounced communist theory and beliefs years ago, yet that makes no difference to Beck. Van Jones has worked since the late nineties to help start companies in green industries, thereby providing jobs for people, but Beck thinks this is unAmerican
He claimed Obama wants to shut down the internet to enhance his power, but made no mention of the damage that could be done by a cyber attack on the country.
He talked of a conspiracy between the Apollo alliance, unions, acorn, and the easter bunny. Actually he never mentioned the Easter Bunny, but I thought that fictitious character fit with his fictitious conspiracy.
Beck mentioned that gun crimes in the United Kingdom tripled after guns were banned in the late 90's. He failed to note that total gun related homicides in the UK in 2008 was 59. In the United States in 2004 (The last year I could find) over 8000 were killed (homicides) by guns.

boxcar
08-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Excuse me while I gouge out my eyes.

No need to excuse yourself or to apologize. Don't think for a moment, I would hinder you.

Van Jones renounced communist theory and beliefs years ago, yet that makes no difference to Beck.

And you can document this, right?

Van Jones has worked since the late nineties to help start companies in green industries, thereby providing jobs for people, but Beck thinks this is unAmerican

Anyone who thinks and believes "green" is probably at heart a Red. I'd say Beck is very likely on the moneu; for actions speak louder than any renouncement. (But to Van Jones' credit, at least he might have created jobs, which is far more than can be said for BamBam.)

He claimed Obama wants to shut down the internet to enhance his power..,

This was documented, so what's your point?

but made no mention of the damage that could be done by a cyber attack on the country.

What diff does it make? Since when did BO become a fan of the private sector? When did he suddenly develop a love for capitalism? Your argument rings kinda hollow.

He talked of a conspiracy between the Apollo alliance, unions, acorn, and the easter bunny. Actually he never mentioned the Easter Bunny, but I thought that fictitious character fit with his fictitious conspiracy.

Why mock a possible conspiracy? What, in BO's character, would make you think for a moment that he has anymore integrity than the Easter Bunny does?

Beck mentioned that gun crimes in the United Kingdom tripled after guns were banned in the late 90's. He failed to note that total gun related homicides in the UK in 2008 was 59. In the United States in 2004 (The last year I could find) over 8000 were killed (homicides) by guns.

That's nice. Why don't you move to GB where you'll feel safer?

Boxcar
P.S. Don't let the door hit you on the way out either.

Tom
08-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Jones is a watermelon: green on the outside, red on the inside. :D

Seriously, I could forgive him for being a commie, but I cannot tolerate his green leanings!

cj's dad
08-29-2009, 11:10 PM

If you had an IQ above 70 you would be bitching also !!!

BenDiesel26
08-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Excuse me while I gouge out my eyes. I wish I had a dollsr for every time Beck waves his arms, leans forward to whisper conspiratorially in the camera, cries about being malinged and smirks.
Friday he talked about what 'we" could do to fix things. At least that was what the show was hyped as . In realiry it was a rehash of the week.
He called Van Jones a communist...again. Van Jones renounced communist theory and beliefs years ago, yet that makes no difference to Beck. Van Jones has worked since the late nineties to help start companies in green industries, thereby providing jobs for people, but Beck thinks this is unAmerican
He claimed Obama wants to shut down the internet to enhance his power, but made no mention of the damage that could be done by a cyber attack on the country.

Here's a serious question. Has Obama ever renounced his well-known communist beliefs? Remember he himself stated how he sought out Marxists and Communists in college. His dad was a communist who believed in 100% income tax if necessary. When did Obama renounce his communist beliefs? Didn't he say to judge him by who he surrounds himself with during one of the debates? (Yes, he did by the way.) Obama's science czar once thought that trees should be able to sue people in the court of law. Has he renounced that, and if so does that make you feel better about him? (He's obviously a psycho.)

boxcar
08-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Jones is a watermelon: green on the outside, red on the inside. :D

Seriously, I could forgive him for being a commie, but I cannot tolerate his green leanings!

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're on a roll today. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

Lefty
09-01-2009, 02:09 AM
Ben D, you're right. He did say that in his book. You pose an interesting question...

HUSKER55
09-01-2009, 05:27 AM
i rest my case, being sued by a plant:lol: :lol: :lol:

I say again, just shoot the bastards and start over

hcap
09-01-2009, 10:09 AM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z205/JekyllnHyde_photos/August%2016th/August%2023rd/August%2030th/090825_Torture.jpg

Tom
09-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Now that one is funny.
I feel that way myself a lot!
Having the right message still doesn't make the messenger enjoyable! :D

Beck has a personality made for newspapers.

rastajenk
09-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Ahhh hahaha that's hilarious. :D Knee-slappin' good fun, hcap!

:rolleyes:

hcap
09-01-2009, 10:41 AM
As much fun as actually watching Beck make a fool of himself and audience?

Facts? Hell we don't need no stinkin' facts
Apparently not a major concern of viewers OUT THERE in glorious Faux lala land.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_anqVy8b414Q/SpvLqvW2-qI/AAAAAAAACEk/yVTkl0FRopc/s400/custom_1251683195757_glennbeckbook.jpeg

Tom
09-01-2009, 11:54 AM
hcap, remember the 9-11 dots......keep connecting them........tick tock....tick tock.....connect the dots......tick tock........

ddog
09-01-2009, 04:03 PM
And man-made climate change infers that man can make changes to keep climates from changing too, to preserve a status quo. And that's total BS, not scientifically established.

so, you always ignore any of the health warnings/studies about various cancer causing agents you may be able to control your exposure to?

Many of those are not "proven" and some may be incorrect.

The only sane way to look at an issue like this is the conservative view of true conservatives.

Leave it as much as possible the way you found it.

A true conservative would be a radical greenie within the bounds of small adverse hits to possible economic outcomes that could slow down growth, not proven either , by the way.

The faux-cons that go all red in the face over a NIMBY and then scream about any type of "do the same or more with less" are a riot.

Just more of the deluded cons that abound these days.

rastajenk
09-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Would you mind rephrasing that post in English for the benefit of us stoopid hillbillies that aren't as smart as you? I don't mind that you have all that wisdom stored up inside you, but would you please share it ways that can be comprehended?

I have no idea what you just said there.

If your point is that "true" conservatives are against any kind of change, your license to be the smartest guy on the board will be irrevocably revoked.

hcap
09-02-2009, 04:17 AM
hcap, remember the 9-11 dots......keep connecting them........tick tock....tick tock.....connect the dots......tick tock........What exactly are you getting at?
What does 9-11 have to do with his rants?

If Beck said "Aliens live in my garage" would you believe him?

PaceAdvantage
09-02-2009, 05:09 AM
If Beck said "Aliens live in my garage" would you believe him?I'm not a regular viewer of Beck, but I catch his show every now and then (probably less than once a week on average).

I suppose I've missed all of these shows where he's ranting like a lunatic or talking about aliens in his garage...

What exactly is it about the man that gets you so worked up?

At least he's not sitting there droning on about the same old shit everyone else on Fox is droning on about...

hcap
09-02-2009, 05:41 AM
At least he's not sitting there droning on about the same old shit everyone else on Fox is droning on about...
Does Lonesome Rhodes ring a bell?

Often Olbermann is over the top, but he did nail it...........

"The danger of today's version of the mythical homespun aw-shucks-TV-totalitarian-Lonesome-Rhodes Glenn Beck is summed up by remarks today in which he claims that a revolution has begun in this country — a 'stealing of America in the guise of an election' — and his repeated insistence that the President is a Marxist," Olbermann said. "

Does a very very, maudlin, saccharin Lonesome Rhodes ring a bell?

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9948/becktears.jpg

hcap
09-02-2009, 05:54 AM
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=1361

Tom
09-02-2009, 07:52 AM
What exactly are you getting at?
What does 9-11 have to do with his rants?

If Beck said "Aliens live in my garage" would you believe him?

Of course not, but I would investigate it. I have a hard time listening to Beck, too - he drives me crazy! BUT.........I try to focus on the message.
You have been away - not his rants, the stories he is breaking. Look them up - I never take anyone's word for anything - too many dots out there to connect.

Read Saul Alinsky, then look at the Obama strategy.........you will see how the dots come together. The things the czars and advisers have said previously are enough to make your hair stand on end.

Beck is the only radio channel I can get at work, so I am a forced listener.
If I had gotten a job on the other side of town, I might a liberal! :rolleyes:

BTW, I think I got everything working!

Lefty
09-02-2009, 11:33 AM
h'cap, Tom used 9-11 as an example. The "dots" was the subject.

JustRalph
09-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Glenn is over the top ..........but he knows it.

It is getting the desired effect............and he is also bringing up some nice points..........but it is a little much for me...........I didn't think anybody could exceed Hannity ........but he did it............

ddog
09-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I love Beck. Really.

Anything that stirs the pot to a boiling point.

:ThmbUp:

hcap
09-08-2009, 07:10 AM
http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2009/09/08/tomo/story.jpg

NJ Stinks
09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
That cartoon is hilarious, Hcap!!

Scary too but mostly :lol: !

Tom
09-08-2009, 09:17 PM
You like the funnies, huh?
Try this one - how true, how true!