PDA

View Full Version : Mine That Bird headed to Santa Anita!

andymays
08-26-2009, 09:42 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/horseracing/2009/08/mine-that-bird-headed-to-santa.html

Excerpt:

Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird's connections decided not to enter the 3-year-old gelding in Saturday's $1 million Travers Stakes at Saratoga, preferring to be cautious and wait to make sure he's recovered from the throat surgery he underwent 11 days ago to repair an entrapped epiglottis.

Trainer Chip Woolley said Mine That Bird will be sent to Santa Anita to prepare for the $350,000 Grade 1 Goodwood Handicap during Santa Anita's Oak Tree meet on Oct. 10 as a prep for the main objective -- the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic at Santa Anita on Nov. 7.

"That gives us six more weeks for it to be for sure, positively completely healed," trainer Chip Woolley told the Daily Racing Form. "We just want to go down the road and make sure the horse is 100 percent before we start."

andymays
08-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Enjoy the Pro Ride! :) :rolleyes:

Quagmire
08-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Andy have you heard any rumors out there that Zenyatta might run in the Goodwood? Moss should run her against MTB if Rachel isn't going to go west.

kenwoodallpromos
08-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Andy have you heard any rumors out there that Zenyatta might run in the Goodwood? Moss should run her against MTB if Rachel isn't going to go west.
I love the idea! And also, every trainer up against RA in the Woodward can use A 7 lb bug!!LOL!!

andymays
08-27-2009, 11:52 AM

Haven't heard. I know some here have asked about Zenyatta's whereabouts on another thread. If you watch the video of her last race at Del Mar her hind end seems to slip a little at the top of the stretch before she straightened out. I wonder if there was any minor injury to her? Shireffs is very carefull especially with her!

bisket
08-27-2009, 07:06 PM
she usually works 11 days after her race and she hasn't been out as far as i know. although she could be galloping in the mornings. i'm trying to find out if she's been out galloping. heard anything andy?

andymays
08-27-2009, 07:12 PM
she usually works 11 days after her race and she hasn't been out as far as i know. although she could be galloping in the mornings. i'm trying to find out if she's been out galloping. heard anything andy?

No.

depalma113
08-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Enjoy the Pro Ride! :) :rolleyes:

He enjoyed it so much in last year's juvenile.

andymays
08-27-2009, 09:47 PM
He enjoyed it so much in last year's juvenile.

Yep! ;)

ALostTexan
08-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Well, he is making a pit stop in Ruidoso for the All American Futurity on Labor Day. I think it will be cool to see him there.

ezrabrooks
08-27-2009, 11:23 PM
I love the idea! And also, every trainer up against RA in the Woodward can use A 7 lb bug!!LOL!!

Apprentice allowance in a Grade One?

Ez

kenwoodallpromos
08-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Apprentice allowance in a Grade One?

Ez
Well, the match race idea now is about as far fetched! Now if Day and Bailey were riding horses other than RA in the Woodward... Tag team?