PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta is nowhere to be found. Where is she?

Zenyatta To Crush
08-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Its gonna be at least 18 days until her first work back. I guess if they are pointing for the Lady's Secret, they'll have to wait until Oct. 10, so they are probably in no hurry. I still wonder why they would want to give her a full 2 months between races, then 4 weeks until the Breeders Cup. Why not the Beldame on Oct 3? It would be less than a 2 month break, then a full 5 weeks until the Breeders Cup. Sounds good to me, but won't happen.

ghostyapper
08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Obviously we all want to see a zenyatta/ra matchup but if the bc is their main goal it doesn't make much sense to ship east, run on dirt, ask her to probably run a career best race to win, then ship back and run on poly?

Zenyatta To Crush
08-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Obviously we all want to see a zenyatta/ra matchup but if the bc is their main goal it doesn't make much sense to ship east, run on dirt, ask her to probably run a career best race to win, then ship back and run on poly?
Yeah, I know. It won't happen, but would be cool if it did. I'm really just wondering why its taking them so long to bring her back to the track. Now meeting Rachel after the BC might make a little more sense for them. Depends on if retiring undefeated or winning HOY means more to them.

Robert Fischer
08-26-2009, 11:31 PM
The obvious path to glory is Pacific Classic, Breeders Cup Classic - while calling out Rachel and giving herself a chance at HOY, and then a grand finale in Dubai World Cup with an open mind toward retirement or another season depending on her best interests.

However there are rumors that she will be campaigned in a dissapointing conservative schedule , with the 8.5 furlong ladys secret against california fillies next rather than go to the logical pacific classic, and then she may even go the distaff rather than the classic . Hopefully the sportsmans pride and the interest in testing their wonderful mare gets the best of them

CBedo
08-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Other than ducking anything resembling competition, why woudn't she go to the Pacific Classic?

Imriledup
08-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Maybe they can ship her to New Mexico and she can face Pepper's Pride.

gm10
08-27-2009, 03:54 AM
I'm a big fan of Zenyatta - a huge fan actually.
But I think she's on a similar downward curve as Curlin was as a 4yo. Her numbers are getting weaker, she's actually having to work to beat animals she would heave trashed 12 months ago. I remember Curlin in the JCGC 2008. That was the win of a superior horse who is starting feel the wear and tear of racing. I think the same is happening to Zenyatta.

I really hope I'm wrong, though.

Java Gold@TFT
08-27-2009, 04:23 AM
If Moss really wanted HOY instead of protecting her win streak then he would go to the Goodwood on the same card as the Lady's Secret. There will be a bunch of others prepping for the BC. They could find out if she really did belong with the boys while getting a 9F prep with the exact same spacing of races they want, on the track they want to run on. Naw, just dreaming, protect the streak and beat up on the same pathetic group of wannabees in order to maintain the streak. Then finish off on Ladie's Day and walk away. It's inevitable now.

plainolebill
08-27-2009, 04:29 AM
I don't think a racehorse can attain or maintain top form without racing on a pretty regular basis. She may just get her ass kicked in the BC F&M with only three starts under her belt especially the way they've got Zenyatta's spaced.

larman
08-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Where Rachael Isnt

eastie
08-27-2009, 08:52 AM
zen will be running in the breeders cup....RA will be home, because of Curlin's inabilities. "oh i don't wanna run my filly on the phony turf,wah wah wah." if he thinks RA is so good, stop the whining and get out there and take her on, and get whipped.

FenceBored
08-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Other than ducking anything resembling competition, why woudn't she go to the Pacific Classic?

NOoooooooo, if Zenyatta ran in the Pacific Classic, where would Asiatic Boy run? :lol:

bisket
08-27-2009, 09:38 PM
she'll be in the ladies classic. moss and sherriffs are just blowing smoke like they've been all year. they just want to keep zens name on everybodies lips. free pr for her babies

Hurricanefrank
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM
zen will be running in the breeders cup....RA will be home, because of Curlin's inabilities. "oh i don't wanna run my filly on the phony turf,wah wah wah." if he thinks RA is so good, stop the whining and get out there and take her on, and get whipped.

RA is that good. Period. Irrespective of west coast swing to run on the rubber.