PDA

View Full Version : QR weak favorite??

Hanover1
08-26-2009, 07:50 PM
At 8/5 I dont see the value here, all things considered. Jackson still holds the aces here with his colt having proven the route. The other Bird has pedigeree and proof he can nail this....toss QR and bet SB/ K?? cold.

GaryG
08-26-2009, 07:54 PM
It is way too soon to make a betting decision, but I will be betting against QR. He drifted out badly in that last sprint win, something he has done before. I don't believe that has been mentioned here. Likely be be way over bet.

Hanover1
08-26-2009, 07:57 PM
It is way too soon to make a betting decision, but I will be betting against QR. He drifted out badly in that last sprint win, something he has done before. I don't believe that has been mentioned here. Likely be be way over bet.
Bad feet will do that, but he was a force early at Gulfstream. Just think its a stretch to ask him to be at peak against a horse who has stayed at it while he lost his edge. IF and this is a huge "if" Pletcher has gotten him on his toes he may pull it off, but nothing can mentally get them sharper than a few starts, of wich he is lacking of late....

Java Gold@TFT
08-26-2009, 08:31 PM
At 8/5 I dont see the value here, all things considered. Jackson still holds the aces here with his colt having proven the route. The other Bird has pedigeree and proof he can nail this....toss QR and bet SB/ K?? cold.
When did Kensei "prove the route"? He's never raced over 9F in his life. The only horse in the race who has proven the route is Summer Bird. Charitable Man and Hold Me Back sure didn't prove anything in their attempts past 9F.

bisket
08-26-2009, 08:33 PM
qr and summer will boxed 1 and 2 in the tri, and possibly exacta. that'll be a racetime decision according to odds. the 3 hole in the tri is totally up in the air for me right now. i'm thinking odds may be good enough on summer for a win bet. i'll look very closely at kensei's pps. i've been bad mothing him, but i haven't really given him a close look. :blush:
to answer the question yes quality is a weak fav. although with another race under his belt he woulda been very hard to bet against.

bisket
08-26-2009, 08:36 PM
i will say hold me back is a strong contestant for the 3 hole

bisket
08-26-2009, 08:51 PM
if your planning on betting on quality. you are pretty much saying that he's better than this crowd without his top performance. which quite frankly a good case could be made for this scenerio, but at 8-5 you have to put the majority of your cash as a bet against. i'll bet quality in a manner that i can still make money if he finishes first, but i'll really collect if he finishes second.

Hanover1
08-26-2009, 11:38 PM
When did Kensei "prove the route"? He's never raced over 9F in his life. The only horse in the race who has proven the route is Summer Bird. Charitable Man and Hold Me Back sure didn't prove anything in their attempts past 9F.
Excuse me...two turns....