PDA

View Full Version : Passing HC Reform to Honor ALL the Kennedys

Warren Henry
08-26-2009, 07:20 PM
What is the chance that Ted's death will result in a sympathetic softening of the opposition and that Health Care Reform ala Obama will pass to honor the Kennedy family?

GaryG
08-26-2009, 07:32 PM
About like a canary in a coal mine....

Shemp Howard
08-26-2009, 08:07 PM
In honor of Teddie Kennedy Dewars is reducing the price of all bottles of scotch by $3 a bottle, Le Bar in Palm Beach has expanded happy hour to 24 hours a day through Saturday and Joan Kennedy finally had a cry free day,

Tom
08-26-2009, 08:43 PM
You want to honor Ted Kennedy?
Set up DWI checkpoints at every bridge in the country.Get scumbag drunks off the road before they kill innocent people.

Honor him?
Respect him?

For what - being a drunkard, a murderer, and an all around POS politician?
He is getting the respect he has earned right now, I wager.

boxcar
08-26-2009, 10:43 PM
What is the chance that Ted's death will result in a sympathetic softening of the opposition and that Health Care Reform ala Obama will pass to honor the Kennedy family?

Rush called that shot many moons ago -- as soon as reports came in regarding the state of his health. I'm not sure this going to soften opposition, though, by the American people. But we can count on the Dims giving it their best shot.

Boxcar

hcap
08-27-2009, 06:05 AM
Yeah, Limbag isa a regular precog. He had a lot of success with "Operation Chaos" And we know how well he influenced the outcome of the election.

“He needs to be bloodied up politically since McCain is not going to do it. Since the Republican Party is not going to be on the field in this way, somebody's gotta bloody up Obama. The only person that can do it is Hillary, and she can't do it if she's not in the race -- and so the purpose was Operation Chaos was to keep her in the race and to have her bloody up Obama in the process of staying in the race.”

"Riots in Denver, the Democrat Convention would see to it that we don't elect Democrats," Limbaugh said during Wednesday's radio broadcast. He then went on to say that's the best thing that could happen to the country."

Tom
08-27-2009, 07:40 AM
"This will not cause any increase in levels of immigration. We will not have illegals in the streets." Teddy, during his 1980's debacle of legislation.

ddog
08-27-2009, 12:23 PM

Ya know, i feel sorry for you types, HC ala obama is a myth, he wants the title of HC reform for a campaign plank, he doesn't have anything to say that makes sense BECAUSE he doesn't care what really passes.

That's why none of it was done on Cspan and why YOU were not in the meetings with the insurance scammers, pharma scum, slime lawyers and doctors and any other parasites they could round up.

That's why he left it to the house and senate to work it out.
Now, we both know (or should) that those are bought and paid for by the corps who have irons in the fire on this.

What will come out will be a nothing - a rape - a sham pulled over the poor slobs in this country who are showing at these town meetings as if that does anything.

The pols mouth off a bit and spit out the same useless platitudes as always and the dopes eat it up.

I will make it simple, you are playing a rigged game with a 20 year old DRF.

Tom
08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
To HELL with Ted - HONOR US - the FRIGGING OWNERS OF THIS COUNTRY.

Send the sap flowers if you miss him so much. Or honor him with YOUR OWN money, not mine.

toetoe
08-27-2009, 03:22 PM
In honor of Teddie Kennedy Dewars is reducing the price of all bottles of scotch by $3 a bottle, Le Bar in Palm Beach has expanded happy hour to 24 hours a day through Saturday and Joan Kennedy finally had a cry free day,

Saratoga Racecourse is guaranteeing 10% profit on all winning wagers in honor of the greatest bridgejumper of them all. :ThmbUp:

I think the bill will indeed honor the greatest Kennedy --- Mr. Tom Kennedy of You Don't Say fame. (:Tears in me eyes.)

Greyfox
08-27-2009, 03:45 PM

Ted Kennedy's death should not impact whether or not Health Care Reform is passed. If it's of value, it should pass on merit.
However, Ted Kennedy's death provides President Obama with a small window of opportunity wherein he can muster the Democrats with a "Let's Win One for the Gipper" as some type of uniting slogan. My suspicion is that Obama will certainly use Kennedy's commitment to health reform as a lever.

JustRalph
08-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Saratoga Racecourse is guaranteeing 10% profit on all winning wagers in honor of the greatest bridgejumper of them all. :ThmbUp:

yeah,,,,,,,,,,but just like Kennedy you have to move all your money through offshore outlets................ :ThmbUp:

Warren Henry
08-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Ted Kennedy's death should not impact whether or not Health Care Reform is passed. If it's of value, it should pass on merit.
However, Ted Kennedy's death provides President Obama with a small window of opportunity wherein he can muster the Democrats with a "Let's Win One for the Gipper" as some type of uniting slogan. My suspicion is that Obama will certainly use Kennedy's commitment to health reform as a lever.
I am sure that anyone who has read more than one of my posts realizes that I was not advocating that any bill be passed to honor Ted.

However, I am cynical enough to believe that Obama and his troops will sleaze the opportunity to use his death to their advantage.

Hopefully the other side will have the guts to stand up and call them on this if/when it happens.

jballscalls
08-28-2009, 12:03 AM
I am sure that anyone who has read more than one of my posts realizes that I was not advocating that any bill be passed to honor Ted.

However, I am cynical enough to believe that Obama and his troops will sleaze the opportunity to use his death to their advantage.

Hopefully the other side will have the guts to stand up and call them on this if/when it happens.

They had CNN on at one of our OTB's i was at today and they said they plan on naming the bill after Ted Kennedy

Warren Henry
08-28-2009, 12:23 AM
They had CNN on at one of our OTB's i was at today and they said they plan on naming the bill after Ted Kennedy

Some pizz on his grave and others attempt to profit or gain advantage from his death -- all before his body gets cold. Which is the worst.

boxcar
08-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah, Limbag isa a regular precog. He had a lot of success with "Operation Chaos" And we know how well he influenced the outcome of the election.

You should be right a mere tiny fraction of the time Rush is when he makes his predictions. If you were, you'd own a modicum of credibility around here.

Here, allow me to make a prediction for you: If the "public option" takeover of the health care industry implodes because of public outcry, you can be sure that the full fury of the BO administration, expressed especially through congress and the FCC, will be aimed at conservative talk shows. The Fairness Doctrine, which BO has said he doesn't support (which means he really does) will rear its ugly, unconstitutional head (notwithstanding really bad SC decisions) under the guise of "diversity of ownership" or some similar ruse. BO will have to find a way to silence his outspoken critics, and he'll do this by severely restricting our free speech rights -- our right to political dissent. He will not chance another loss on any of his pet political issues, such as amnesty for all the illegals in this country, which is next on his list of priorities. Conservative talks shows were very instrumental in killing the first attempts, so you can bank on it that the Dims will not risk a second loss on this issue either. If BO loses the illegals battle, he's done as president. He will have a long 3 years ahead of him. He will have the dubious honor of being a first term "lame duck' president -- which, as far as I'm concerned, couldn't happen to a more qualified affirmative action poster boy.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
08-28-2009, 01:36 AM
Some pizz on his grave and others attempt to profit or gain advantage from his death -- all before his body gets cold. Which is the worst.

So does this mean you think Ted Kennedy would be upset if the bill was named after him and it helped the bill pass, Warren?

Keep reaching. Maybe something will stick. :rolleyes:

Warren Henry
08-28-2009, 02:21 AM
So does this mean you think Ted Kennedy would be upset if the bill was named after him and it helped the bill pass, Warren?

I am sure that Ted would love it.

I feel that using his name on a bill to get it to pass when it would not otherwise pass would be sleazy. About the same as putting Mary Jo's name on a bill to require guard rails on all bridges in MA.

I wouldn't even have a problem with a bill being named after him a year from now. I care whether or not such a bill passes based on the contents of the bill not on the name attached to it.

boxcar
08-28-2009, 02:25 AM

I'm thinkin' that Kennedy right about now has a lot more on his mind, heart and soul than socialized medicine. But since the Dims don't have any qualms in trying to elicit public sympathy for Kennedy for an ulterior motive, then I fail to see why they'd be so morally superior to his outspoken, honest detractors.

Boxcar

Tampa Russ
08-28-2009, 07:40 AM
The elephants suck. The donkeys suck more. I have no reason to believe that politicians can solve health care problems in this country. I've reached the point where about the only one I can stomach is Ron Paul...good grief...

Tom
08-28-2009, 07:51 AM
I love his fish sticks!